gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 547.
#3901 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

When you say they function normally, do you mean in switch test each one of the two levels on the left register as you press the button slowly?

No. The switch test does not recognize the lower left flipper. It will recognize the upper flipper though. I tested the switch with a multimeter at the node board that it plugs into. That part works normally. The switch, wires, and connector all works normally. The game just doesn't recognize that that switch is being closed. I emailed Stern and I'm gonna call my distributor tomorrow.

#3902 2 years ago

So how’s everyone’s scores been on this game? I’ve seen a few “holy shit!” scores but very little outside of that. I’m a tremendously average player that keeps banging my head on 500 mil. My games are often long but because I can’t hit the left ramp (grrr..) or the scoop (don’t get me started) I have some shit games and then a bunch of 300-500 mil games that are incredible, but all seem to crap out at the same point.

#3903 2 years ago
Quoted from DVDA:

just got my premium last night and does anyone else having a issue with moving the playfield? mine is crazy tight in the cabinet and is difficult lifting and lowering? mine has zero room on the sides

Yes, super tight but my glass is so tight it squeaks when the shaker motor runs (a re-slide fixes but) and does NOT want to come out.
The whole cab is tight, but the game is so tight! Everything's tight!

#3904 2 years ago
Quoted from RonaldRaygun_:

No. The switch test does not recognize the lower left flipper. It will recognize the upper flipper though. I tested the switch with a multimeter at the node board that it plugs into. That part works normally. The switch, wires, and connector all works normally. The game just doesn't recognize that that switch is being closed. I emailed Stern and I'm gonna call my distributor tomorrow.

On the Node 8 CN9 connector, the one the switch for that flipper plugs into, is the wire from that switch in position 4? I'm thinking it may be in position 5. In the Node 8 CN9 connector, it should be position 4 for the lower left flipper and 6 for the upper left flipper, with position 5 empty between them. Is it 5/6 on yours instead?

#3905 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

So how’s everyone’s scores been on this game? I’ve seen a few “holy shit!” scores but very little outside of that. I’m a tremendously average player that keeps banging my head on 500 mil. My games are often long but because I can’t hit the left ramp (grrr..) or the scoop (don’t get me started) I have some shit games and then a bunch of 300-500 mil games that are incredible, but all seem to crap out at the same point.

I’m in this same range right now. Gonna try and put some quality time on it to see about dialing it in and breaking through

#3906 2 years ago
Quoted from hanzie:

When did you put your order in??

Two weeks ago. Had to play test it before I pulled the plunger.
First pin.

So I’m on the list for the next run apparently.

#3907 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I feel like I’m a pretty average at best player. My GC is 930mil with the next 4 high scores between 800-890 million. The scoop isn’t easy to hit but I’m getting better. Left spinner is quite hard to hit consistently but it’s getting there kind of. I wouldn’t say my ball times are long generally but my game plays FAST as hell. Lots of quick ricochet drains off posts and the pop bumper. I’m at 6.8 pitch but it just plays way faster than my other sterns. Maybe I’m crazy but this game feels different from my other recent Sterns. There’s something different about the build quality. Some issues I’ve never had before, but also just something different. Kind of hard to explain.

It’s also a fun and frustrating kind of challenge bc it doesn’t seem like consistent post passes are possible which makes it sort of frenetic trying to hit shots in timed modes.

#3908 2 years ago

Godzilla Premium all unpacked dialed in and nestled in it’s new home. So happy to have my first Stern.

6E6B8109-6345-4081-A54D-7103CD728E92 (resized).jpeg6E6B8109-6345-4081-A54D-7103CD728E92 (resized).jpeg81FD118D-2AB1-4EC9-A4B7-8DF587D9A831 (resized).jpeg81FD118D-2AB1-4EC9-A4B7-8DF587D9A831 (resized).jpeg
#3909 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I joined the hobby a year and a half ago. I’m a below average player compared to the locals. I am putting up 300-500 on average. My best score is 615 mm. I play about an hour a day for the last two weeks.

#3910 2 years ago

What are people setting their pin at? mine is at 6.5 degrees and seems level but i find a lot of shots go straight down the middle. Especially the left inner loop that feeds the ball out of the building. That is always down the middle. This Part of the game or is my set up not ideal? how are you peeps finding it?

#3911 2 years ago
Quoted from ChickenCatcher:

What are people setting their pin at? mine is at 6.5 degrees and seems level but i find a lot of shots go straight down the middle. Especially the left inner loop that feeds the ball out of the building. That is always down the middle. This Part of the game or is my set up not ideal? how are you peeps finding it?

in my experience elwin games play best around 6.8. My premium is on its way so I cant speak for GZ yet

#3912 2 years ago
Quoted from ChickenCatcher:

double check your left-to-right balance. i'm at 6.5, and have few SDTM...i have found with others' machines that even the slightest tilt the wrong way left-to-right will end with a lot more SDTM drains

#3913 2 years ago
Quoted from DVDA:

the cabinet is not square. not sure how to fix this or if its possible

next level

How far off is it? If you picked up the front and moved it, the back legs might have some tension on them that is racking the cabinet. If you pick up the back to release any tension that might help.

#3914 2 years ago

Working on a Pro model Mechagodzilla. Would there be any interest in this for Pro owners? Not sure on pricing yet as it is pretty labor intensive but thought I would throw it out there. Not taking names or making list yet just trying to gauge interest.

12096E59-F7BE-4BE2-94B7-1B4E8B21C5ED (resized).jpeg12096E59-F7BE-4BE2-94B7-1B4E8B21C5ED (resized).jpeg577A0181-27C8-4FD6-B32C-A389D4353010 (resized).jpeg577A0181-27C8-4FD6-B32C-A389D4353010 (resized).jpegAF05BD05-0DC9-41C7-AF8E-BC029FF81EDA (resized).jpegAF05BD05-0DC9-41C7-AF8E-BC029FF81EDA (resized).jpeg
#3915 2 years ago
Quoted from JP76:

How far off is it? If you picked up the front and moved it, the back legs might have some tension on them that is racking the cabinet. If you pick up the back to release any tension that might help.

it’s out 1/8” or more. might have to try this later today

F91A9801-E343-42E8-9621-A1EE4C933D44 (resized).jpegF91A9801-E343-42E8-9621-A1EE4C933D44 (resized).jpegFC1CF706-6C0C-49F5-A3D7-7B002E046BCB (resized).jpegFC1CF706-6C0C-49F5-A3D7-7B002E046BCB (resized).jpeg
#3916 2 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Working on a Pro model Mechagodzilla. Would there be any interest in this for Pro owners? Not sure on pricing yet as it is pretty labor intensive but thought I would throw it out there. Not taking names or making list yet just trying to gauge interest.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I am interested in your ufo mod. Would be great if you can make me one

#3917 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Yes, best to avoid it unless you need to shoot it

This should not be going down the middle, it should hit your left flipper. if it's not, then you need to realighn your table.

Quoted from Chisox:

Scoop is a bitch for sure, but i'd say after about 30 games, I was hitting it 50% of the time which i feel is really good. That left shot...now THAT is maybe 10 or 20% at best...however, if you are doing the missions in the right order and taking advantage of the multiball and getting those demolition jackpots, easy bill each game, i've hit 2 bill a few times, but it gets boring, i can't wait till they add the wizard modes and fix the damn Megalon mode, so many things going on i can never find the shot until it's too late, usually run out of time on that mode like 3 times before finishing it (always save that one for last). Also - try and save gigan for when you have Godzilla multiball set up with a ball on top so you can nail that right ramp easy 8 times in a row.

#3918 2 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

where did you get the ufo mod!? i want it! if you made it...i'll buy it lol

#3919 2 years ago
Quoted from DVDA:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I would measure corner to corner, diagonally. Do that across both diagonals and compare the numbers. Make sure you use the same end points on both sides. I would expect that difference to be less than 1/2”. Based on your pic probably 1/4 or 3/8. The bottom of the cab is a rectangle with 90 degree corners, so it shouldn’t be racked too much. You might need to remove the PF, loosen the corner screws (just a little) square the cabinet, then tighten the screws. I have not done this personally, but I’m assuming that’s how the cabinets are assembled. Someone else may have more info on this. I would be very surprised if Stern gave you a new cabinet unless they made a really big mistake here. If the difference is less than 1/2” I would not consider that a big mistake. Definitely frustrating. Just my opinion and how I would try to fix it but definitely depends on your comfort level.

EDIT: I looked at one of my games and there are metal brackets in the corners so the above method should work.

#3920 2 years ago
Quoted from MUGEN_4_LIFE:

Just gotta gift from a fellow pinball friend of mine and Im loving it! Diddy mods killed it! Just wish the third tower could line up with the second and I could string up wires for them! Love love LOVE THIS MOD! ❤
[quoted image]

You can move the 3rd tower, another pinsider moved theirs, just have to use alternate means to secure it.

#3921 2 years ago
Quoted from JP76:

I would measure corner to corner, diagonally. Do that across both diagonals and compare the numbers. Make sure you use the same end points on both sides. I would expect that difference to be less than 1/2”. Based on your pic probably 1/4 or 3/8. The bottom of the cab is a rectangle with 90 degree corners, so it shouldn’t be racked too much. You might need to remove the PF, loosen the corner screws (just a little) square the cabinet, then tighten the screws. I have not done this personally, but I’m assuming that’s how the cabinets are assembled. Someone else may have more info on this. I would be very surprised if Stern gave you a new cabinet unless they made a really big mistake here. If the difference is less than 1/2” I would not consider that a big mistake. Definitely frustrating. Just my opinion and how I would try to fix it but definitely depends on your comfort level.

EDIT: I looked at one of my games and there are metal brackets in the corners so the above method should work.

#3922 2 years ago

All set up last night and played six games. Really like the game even though I haven't really gotten into it yet. Like the insider connect feature too, very cool feature. Game is playing as it should, no issues other than a couple ball hang ups at the building to playfield transistion entry, must be a little step/groove right there, I'll investigate later.

My dog wishes she had hands so she can play pinball

20211130_193304_resized (resized).jpg20211130_193304_resized (resized).jpg

#3923 2 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

All set up last night and played six games. Really like the game even though I haven't really gotten into it yet. Like the insider connect feature too, very cool feature. Game is playing as it should, no issues other than a couple ball hang ups at the building to playfield transistion entry, must be a little step/groove right there, I'll investigate later.
My dog wishes she had hands so she can play pinball
[quoted image]

nice lineup

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3924 2 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I might be into that Mechagodzilla. It looks great.

#3925 2 years ago
Quoted from Hipponotic:

I made it as well. I know I will be selling it. Will post it when it is ready.

#3926 2 years ago
Quoted from DVDA:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Measure diagonally from corner to corner way more accurate then the framing square as they can be off. The tape measure is not.

#3927 2 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I would be interested in one. If you figure out pricing, let me know.

#3928 2 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I made it as well. I know I will be selling it. Will post it when it is ready.

Great, set me on the list please!

#3929 2 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Great, set me on the list please!

Me too re: the UFO pop bumper mod!

#3930 2 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I would likely be interested, depending on price. I dislike the shrinky-dink flat plastic "figures" on the Pro - just replaced the GZ on mine with a Neca model. I want to replace Mecha as well, but I don't want to spend $75+ for a static bust either...

#3931 2 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

no issues other than a couple ball hang ups at the building to playfield transistion entry, must be a little step/groove right there, I'll investigate later. My dog wishes she had hands so she can play pinball
[quoted image]

You can adjust the starting position in the operator's menu (game specific). That will get rid of the small disparity between the playfield and the building. Beautiful dog by the way!

#3932 2 years ago
Quoted from Hipponotic:

It would be great if mods were shared more! For FREE
Especially mods which can be 3d printed.

There is a great place for this:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-printing-sharing-thread-lets-better-the-hobby/page/25#post-6606027

Some have ideas, some have the talent. Together this group has created some very nice and FREE mods for everybody to print.

Please always support professionals and their companies! They create the quality products.
But. Let’s better the hobby!

#3933 2 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Dang I would definitely buy both of those they look freaking sweet!

#3934 2 years ago

I was discussing with someone about Godzilla rules, it seems to me like there is a bit less to do in Godzilla than JP as far as numbers of modes and mini Wizard modes. (If you consider each paddock as a different mode).

There is plenty to do in Godzilla but overall it feels somewhat shallow when compared to some games like SW others, more like DP seems to me.

Do you agree?

#3935 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I was discussing with someone about Godzilla rules, it seems to me like there is a bit less to do in Godzilla than JP as far as numbers of modes and mini Wizard modes.
There is plenty to do in Godzilla but overall it feels somewhat shallow when compared to some games like SW others, more like DP seems to me.
Do you agree?

code maturity. we don't have wizard mode, etc, YET. Most other machines didn't have them at launch, either. Elvira was still getting modes/features added quite a bit after launch. It's kinda crazy how good this machine is even with early code

#3936 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I was discussing with someone about Godzilla rules, it seems to me like there is a bit less to do in Godzilla than JP as far as numbers of modes and mini Wizard modes. (If you consider each paddock as a different mode).
Do you agree?

Yes, but it’s only at .81. I think JP is one of the most refined codes as of late and it’s set the bar for what Elwin is capable of. Can’t imagine Godzilla getting less of a treatment.

#3937 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPeet:

It would be great if mods were shared more! For FREE
Especially mods which can be 3d printed.

I did find these on thinyverse if anyone is interested. I know mezal mods did a lot of work but if someone was so inclined to go it alone, this is an option and it looks like they have been publicly posted since 2014.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3017750

and

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:542247

p141101_power_tower_preview_card (resized).JPGp141101_power_tower_preview_card (resized).JPG
#3938 2 years ago

Is there a post or website that has the, at least up to now, complete ruleset for Godzilla? I have the premium and am really trying to figure it all out better to improve my scores. Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere but I can't seem to find it.

#3939 2 years ago
Quoted from IODMako:

Is there a post or website that has the, at least up to now, complete ruleset for Godzilla? I have the premium and am really trying to figure it all out better to improve my scores. Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere but I can't seem to find it.

http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-godzilla-rulesheet/7210

#3940 2 years ago

anyone else randomly unable to choose a monster mode? sometimes i'll be playing and i've hit the ramps on both sides and there is no city select, no tank mode and no option to select a monster mode...it's kind of frustrating...typically happens after battling two monsters and two tier 2 monster modes...can't figure it out.

#3941 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Do you agree?

I don't agree. I think Jurassic Park is a great game. I think Godzilla is a great game. And I think the great thing about both is that they're pretty different from each other while being fun and offering plenty of depth in different ways. As with anything, it just depends on what style of game you like or don't like so you may end up liking one more than another. But even in the way you're looking at it, I'm not seeing how the Godzilla total is falling short of JP even in early GZ code.

In JP you're trying to play 3 Control Room modes, 4 T-Rex Events, and play through 4 to 7 paddocks depending on the path you take. Each set you complete has a mini-wizard mode and if you play through all of them you get to play Escape Nublar (forget about WDRTE cuz you have to BEAT the other wizard modes to get there). It also has Pternandon attack to play and KOTI multiball if you capture Spino. The total for all that is 17-20 things to play depending on how many paddocks you go through.

So far in Godzilla there are 4 cities where there are 4 modes to play (Raid, Bridge, Tank, and Power) in each city. That alone is 16 tasks to complete. Plus there are the three Level II battles as well as the Train and Jet Fighter modes, and there are inserts for at least 3 mini-wizard/wizard modes. Total for all that is 24 things to play.

So even if you're just going to do a very simplistic comparison between the games by counting main modes and side modes to play in the game, it seems to me that the count in Godzilla code already compares to JP.

#3942 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Godzilla there are 4 cities where there are 4 modes to play (Raid, Bridge, Tank, and Power) in each city. That alone is 16 tasks to complete. Plus there are the three Level II battles as well as the Train and Jet Fighter modes, and there are inserts for at least 3 mini-wizard/wizard modes. Total for all that is 24 things to play.
So even if you're just going to do a very simplistic comparison between the games by counting main modes and side modes to play in the game, it seems to me that the count in Godzilla code already compares to JP.

I can’t understand the cities in Godzilla.

I had thought the monster battles locked into the city if you didn’t beat the monster.

I’m unclear what the Raid, Bridge tank, power work with the cities at all. Could you explain it to me like 1 was a 5 years old?

Also Godzilla had a saucer mode? A lot of stuff seems to be running on top of each other so I’m not yet clear about how the side modes work.

#3943 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I had thought the monster battles locked into the city if you didn’t beat the monster.
I’m unclear what the Raid, Bridge tank, power work with the cities at all. Could you explain it to me like 1 was a 5 years old?
Also Godzilla had a saucer mode? A lot of stuff seems to be running on top of each other so I’m not yet clear about how the side modes work.

Pretty sure if you lose a battle with a monster you lose the city. But you can still fight the monster again in a different city. The code itself feels very wide (on the surface) as opposed to deep...at least from the amount of time I have played. So you can stack certain modes together. There are quite a few multi ball modes...more than I thought originally.

#3944 2 years ago

Since we are talking game play... What does the heat ray do? I'm so busy trying to get it charged that I haven't been able to see what it does.

#3946 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Pretty sure if you lose a battle with a monster you lose the city. But you can still fight the monster again in a different city. The code itself feels very wide (on the surface) as opposed to deep...at least from the amount of time I have played. So you can stack certain modes together. There are quite a few multi ball modes...more than I thought originally.

You have it a bit backwards.

If you lose a battle and choose to stay in the same city you will be forced to fight that Kaiju again the next time a battle is ready (picking up where you left off). You can also keep working on the 4 main objectives to destroy that city, RAID (battles), BRIDGE, TANKS, POWER. The Destruction Jackpot is also tied to the city and will continue to grow.

If you lose a battle and choose a new city you forfeit that city to the Kaiju you lost to and cannot resume that battle. The next city will have all of the other battle options available, but not the one you lost to. In a new city the Destruction Jackpot will be reset but it will get +1X for the rest of the game for each new city.

#3947 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I think its the other way, once you chose a monster that is fixed to that city. If you loose, the city goes to the monster, however after draining you could continue your progress by fighting that monster in that city again. If you chose to change the city you permanently loose that other city but can fight a different tier 1 battle in the new city...

I think this part is quite deep and huge, and still has alot to come with code updates. Dont know how that raid, tanks, bridge, power concept is for each city... seems a little repetitive to do the exact same 4 modes in each city???

#3948 2 years ago

Well it sounds like my distributor didn’t get all the games he was expecting to get. Here’s hoping one magically arrives at his shop with my name on it.

#3949 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

You start in Tokyo and then can travel to other cities as you progress. The more you destroy a city the more points you get for that city. You destroy the city by starting and completing the 4 main objectives RAID (monster battles), BRIDGE, TANKS, and POWER.

You can stay in the same city to keep battling a monster you may have failed to beat, and to work on the objectives. Your Destruction Jackpots will also continue to grow.

You can move on to a new city without destroying the current one if you like (abandoning your progress) and start over in a new city. You would do this if you want to give up fighting a Kaiju you lost to in a battle, or to increase your Destruction Jackpots (each new city gives you +1X Destruction Jackpots for the rest of your game).

#3950 2 years ago

I just read in the tiltforum rules:

You can only play one of each of the Monster Monitor features per City. You must Change City to re-qualify and start these features.

I did not know that... makes sense

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
O'fallon, IL
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 210.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

There are 27,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/79?hl=per3per3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.