PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,389 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 548.
#3851 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I'm interested to see how this particular protector works out above the magna-grab.
The clearances between the moving bridge & the magnet plastic are extremely tight. Owners should be looking at their games closely, because when the bridge opens, the metal frame of the bridge can make contact with that plastic. Repetitive hits will eventually cause that plastic to wear down & break. I'm really surprised they didn't include an extra magnet plastic, because of all the plastics in the game, I think it's the one that's most likely to break eventually.
The leading edge of that plastic "floats" above the magnet, so the only way to protect it is to add a protector underneath it. But this is going to raise the plastic a few millimeters, leading to more contact with the opening bridge.
[quoted image]

Who did you order these from?

#3852 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

“Mothra joins the battle”

Very nice! Where did you get that? She deserves a lot better than the stock plastic in the game...

#3853 2 years ago
Quoted from DVDA:

I do not have a framing square. What do you mean when you say the cab could be racked? does it mean not square?

Just measure diagonally. Should be the same.

#3854 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Lol wtf is that from?

Uhhhh it's only like a tiny replica of the best toy ever!

#3855 2 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Who did you order these from?

I didn't order. I saw someone else got them from europe

#3856 2 years ago

Is stern still making premiums and pros? Is anyone still expecting a first run delivery over the next few weeks?

#3857 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Is stern still making premiums and pros? Is anyone still expecting a first run delivery over the next few weeks?

I got word that my premium is shipping out direct from Stern tomorrow but I was on my distro’s preorder list a month before the announcement.

#3858 2 years ago

I’m being told by my distributor September of next year for my premium I hope that changes or I can find one before then. Stern has a hit title on their hands they will be working on these for a while

#3859 2 years ago
Quoted from DVDA:

just got my premium last night and does anyone else having a issue with moving the playfield? mine is crazy tight in the cabinet and is difficult lifting and lowering? mine has zero room on the sides

Is the cabinet square?

#3860 2 years ago

Does anyone know where you can plug an ethernet cord directly into the premium game?

#3861 2 years ago
Quoted from benjoewoo:

Does anyone know where you can plug an ethernet cord directly into the premium game?

yep right into the spike II board, there is an rj45 jack there

#3862 2 years ago
Quoted from benjoewoo:

There are other RJ45 connectors on the board, but CN17 is the RJ45 ethernet connector. This is the one you want...

Spike_Ethernet_CN17_Connector (resized).jpgSpike_Ethernet_CN17_Connector (resized).jpg
#3863 2 years ago
Quoted from hanzie:

I’m being told by my distributor September of next year for my premium I hope that changes or I can find one before then. Stern has a hit title on their hands they will be working on these for a while

yea, I was told "spring or summer. We will know when it gets here.." lol

#3864 2 years ago

Super excited! I just got the call that my premium will be here on Saturday. I put my deposit down Oct 29th. Party this weekend!

#3865 2 years ago

Joining the club soon! My Pro is shipping out tomorrow. Can’t wait to start playing. Shout out to Rob at Mad Pinball for making it happen. Top notch service, wouldn’t hesitate to order from again.

#3866 2 years ago

I just got my premium today!

I had a few issues I wanted to see if any of you could help with. It's my first pin and I'm looking to see if any of you had any issues with your flippers right out of the gate? For whatever reason, my lower left flipper refuses to actuate with the switch. It will actuate if I go into the coil test, but that is the only way it will fire. I've checked the flipper switch, and it makes good contact. I'm not entirely sure where to look next.

If I lift the play field to examine the underside, I can never get it to sit nicely back into the slots at the front. Those little fingers sit about 1/8 of an inch away from the slot. I have to lift the back of the playfield in order to get it to drop into the slot.

The plunger also seems to be out of alignment. The autoplunger works just fine, but the shooter rod retaining washer hits the side of the autoplunger - thing? The little metal fork. The manual plunges are always incredibly weak because of this. Barely making it out of the shooter lane. I included a picture of the alignment of the rod.

Thanks for any help!

20211130_130906 (resized).jpg20211130_130906 (resized).jpg
#3867 2 years ago
Quoted from RonaldRaygun_:

I had a few issues I wanted to see if any of you could help with. It's my first pin and I'm looking to see if any of you had any issues with your flippers right out of the gate? For whatever reason, my lower left flipper refuses to actuate with the switch. It will actuate if I go into the coil test, but that is the only way it will fire. I've checked the flipper switch, and it makes good contact. I'm not entirely sure where to look next.
If I lift the play field to examine the underside, I can never get it to sit nicely back into the slots at the front. Those little fingers sit about 1/8 of an inch away from the slot. I have to lift the back of the playfield in order to get it to drop into the slot.
The plunger also seems to be out of alignment. The autoplunger works just fine, but the shooter rod retaining washer hits the side of the autoplunger - thing? The little metal fork. The manual plunges are always incredibly weak because of this. Barely making it out of the shooter lane. I included a picture of the alignment of the rod.
Thanks for any help!
[quoted image]

Flipper, from most to least likely:

The left flipper is a stack, so when you press it, does your upper left flipper activate, but not your lower? It's likely you need to adjust the blades by bending them in so they make contact sooner for both the upper and lower blades.

If not that, check the wires to make sure that there isn't a broken wire on the left flipper button switch.

If that checks out, then with a multimeter follow the wire back and test continuity of each wire going to the button to make sure there's not a break in the wire.

For the shooter:
You can loosen the three screws on the inside opposite the shooter plate the rod is attached to and adjust, then re-tighten to get it more centered.

#3868 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Spamming the right ramp super trains got him more than 1.1 billion alone. He just kept hitting that ramp, building the value of that shot. He was up to 104 Million per shot before he missed and the shot reset.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1219013286?t=00h03m12s
He said he got 8 billion before but hasn't been able to repeat it.

Sure looks like a code exploit to me, aka Earthshaker.

#3869 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Akin to the Shogun Warriors of old...

http://www.shogunwarriors.org/search/label/Shogun%20Warriors%20Action%20Figures

#3870 2 years ago
Quoted from pb456:

Sure looks like a code exploit to me, aka Earthshaker.

No more than looping supers on GB. sk8ball just needs to put a fixed timer on it. I was able to resurrect mine by hitting the ramp again after about a second after the mode turned off. Keep in mind the ball was on the ramp the entire time during my loop streak which was probably 4 minutes worth of ramps.

#3871 2 years ago

No train exploit used

C527BBA4-FC55-4D1A-91DA-E40CC2DD02C1 (resized).jpegC527BBA4-FC55-4D1A-91DA-E40CC2DD02C1 (resized).jpeg
#3872 2 years ago
Quoted from hanzie:

My preorder was quoted at June ‘22 delivery

#3873 2 years ago
Quoted from cigarman79:

My preorder was quoted at June ‘22 delivery

When did you put your order in??

#3874 2 years ago

I snagged a Neca 1964 Godzilla vs Mothra GZ figure from Amazon and replaced the shrinky-dink Butyrate, or however it's spelled, flat plastic version from my Pro. Looks good imo.

I just unscrewed the original, drilled out the rivets on the L brackets it was screwed to, and ran a small screw through the original left rivet hole and into the new figures foot. I had to leave half the tail off (comes in the box like that), but you can't tell.

I may reposition GZ when I get the TDiddy bridge mod, but he's tell enough moving him forward may cause clearance issues with the glass...
20211130_175216 (resized).jpg20211130_175216 (resized).jpg20211130_180822 (resized).jpg20211130_180822 (resized).jpg20211130_180829 (resized).jpg20211130_180829 (resized).jpg

20211129_213644 (resized).jpg20211129_213644 (resized).jpg
#3875 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Flipper, from most to least likely:
The left flipper is a stack, so when you press it, does your upper left flipper activate, but not your lower? It's likely you need to adjust the blades by bending them in so they make contact sooner for both the upper and lower blades.
If not that, check the wires to make sure that there isn't a broken wire on the left flipper button switch.
If that checks out, then with a multimeter follow the wire back and test continuity of each wire going to the button to make sure there's not a break in the wire.
For the shooter:
You can loosen the three screws on the inside opposite the shooter plate the rod is attached to and adjust, then re-tighten to get it more centered.

So the blades of the switch function normally. I checked for continuity on the switch and it operates fine. I traced the wires and shot for continuity along the entire wire from the switch to the connector on node 8. Got good continuity on each of the 4 wires. I have no idea where to go now.

When I first booted up the game, I got node board 1, 4, 8, 9 errors. After reseating every connection, I no longer have those errors, but would that have messed anything up?

#3876 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I'm interested to see how this particular protector works out above the magna-grab.
The clearances between the moving bridge & the magnet plastic are extremely tight. Owners should be looking at their games closely, because when the bridge opens, the metal frame of the bridge can make contact with that plastic. Repetitive hits will eventually cause that plastic to wear down & break. I'm really surprised they didn't include an extra magnet plastic, because of all the plastics in the game, I think it's the one that's most likely to break eventually.
The leading edge of that plastic "floats" above the magnet, so the only way to protect it is to add a protector underneath it. But this is going to raise the plastic a few millimeters, leading to more contact with the opening bridge.
[quoted image]

Yep, already broke mine! Stern is sending me a new one and I got a full set of plastic protectors that arrived today.

84D8BDEA-ECCB-4CBA-B46C-70407432AE83 (resized).jpeg84D8BDEA-ECCB-4CBA-B46C-70407432AE83 (resized).jpeg9670AD54-A13F-4217-82B8-1FD6DE65B006 (resized).jpeg9670AD54-A13F-4217-82B8-1FD6DE65B006 (resized).jpeg
#3877 2 years ago

i

Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I can remember opening that Christmas gift like it was yesterday. Possibly my all time favorite gift ..ever. That shooting claw broke within 30 minutes if memory serves.

#3878 2 years ago

Replacing that broken under-bridge plastic with a new piece AND protector is only going to make it more prone to breakage though wouldn't it? Almost looks like the bridge plastic needs a little Dremelling. Or just use a plastic protector without the plastic - that way you get to see the captive ball!

#3879 2 years ago

Yeah, as Hoaky mentioned, the extra plastic protector is just going to make it tighter. So It should reduce the drop height and not have as much of an impact, but it might still reverberate and the bridge probably wont open as much. Not sure if losing some of that gap will prevent the ball from dropping off the bridge during those collapse features and end up with a stuck ball.

#3880 2 years ago
Quoted from Nikko:

Yep, already broke mine! Stern is sending me a new one and I got a full set of plastic protectors that arrived today.[quoted image][quoted image]

Was that bridge related or just a rando shot/airball?

#3881 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Is the cabinet square?

the cabinet is not square. not sure how to fix this or if its possible

#3882 2 years ago

Can anyone share pics of the fluorescent plastics and where to purchase?
Thx

#3883 2 years ago

So the blades of the switch function normally. I checked for continuity on the switch and it operates fine. I traced the wires and shot for continuity along the entire wire from the switch to the connector on node 8. Got good continuity on each of the 4 wires. I have no idea where to go now.
When I first booted up the game, I got node board 1, 4, 8, 9 errors. After reseating every connection, I no longer have those errors, but would that have messed anything up?

When you say they function normally, do you mean in switch test each one of the two levels on the left register as you press the button slowly?

#3884 2 years ago
Quoted from DVDA:

That is a call to your distributor. May have to get a cabinet swap from Stern if it's not fixable in the field.

#3885 2 years ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

Replacing that broken under-bridge plastic with a new piece AND protector is only going to make it more prone to breakage though wouldn't it? Almost looks like the bridge plastic needs a little Dremelling. Or just use a plastic protector without the plastic - that way you get to see the captive ball!

Hard to tell if it's the plastic trim on the bridge or the metal underneath that's impacting the plastic. Putting some kind of thin adhesive rubber strip on the bottom of the bridge might be a good way to cushion impacts.

#3886 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Hard to tell if it's the plastic trim on the bridge or the metal underneath that's impacting the plastic. Putting some kind of thin adhesive rubber strip on the bottom of the bridge might be a good way to cushion impacts.

That bridge pounds the plastic beneath it with a lot of force and fairly often I believe. I put a piece of target foam on top of the plastic where it impacts from the bridge above it. Seems to be working well as the foam is now absorbing the force. I can see that it’s indented on the foam from the multiple hits it takes already.

edit: I used an exacto knife to half the thickness of the one sided adhesive target foam, just FYI. Seemed too thick otherwise. Also, I loosened the screws on each of the front bridge plastics to move them farther apart from each other. They were pretty close from the factory and seemed like that could be another area that will break the plastics of they aren’t separated slightly. That bridge goes crazy!(which is super cool.)
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#3887 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

That bridge pounds the plastic beneath it with a lot of force and fairly often I believe. I put a piece of target foam on top of the plastic where it impacts from the bridge above it. Seems to be working well as the foam is now absorbing the force. I can see that it’s indented on the foam from the multiple hits it takes already.
[quoted image]

Does the ball still clear the other half when the bridge is out to drop cleanly onto the playfield?

#3888 2 years ago

Christmas came early for me this year, joined the owners club today. Game was born on November 15th. Going to get it set up in a little while and play a few games

20211130_162300_resized (resized).jpg20211130_162300_resized (resized).jpg20211130_163310_resized (2) (resized).jpg20211130_163310_resized (2) (resized).jpg

#3889 2 years ago

Does the ball still clear the other half when the bridge is out to drop cleanly onto the playfield?

Yep! no issues with that. I did cut the foam to make it half as thick as the stock pinball Life target foam.

#3890 2 years ago
Quoted from DVDA:

just got my premium last night and does anyone else having a issue with moving the playfield? mine is crazy tight in the cabinet and is difficult lifting and lowering? mine has zero room on the sides

Where did you pick up your game from?

#3891 2 years ago

“Mothra joins the battle”[quoted image]

Nice!!!!! I need one!!!! Looks great!!!!

#3892 2 years ago

Just gotta gift from a fellow pinball friend of mine and Im loving it! Diddy mods killed it! Just wish the third tower could line up with the second and I could string up wires for them! Love love LOVE THIS MOD! ❤

20211130_204529 (resized).jpg20211130_204529 (resized).jpg
#3893 2 years ago
Quoted from MUGEN_4_LIFE:

Just gotta gift from a fellow pinball friend of mine and Im loving it! Diddy mods killed it! Just wish the third tower could line up with the second and I could string up wires for them! Love love LOVE THIS MOD! ❤
[quoted image]

Sweet!!!!!!

#3894 2 years ago

finally got to play the game at Logans Arcade in chicago while out of town over the weekend. Didnt want to play too much as mine is coming, but its definetly a special game. Distributer texted me a pic of my GZ premium box today which is shipping out tomorrow, so Im pumped.

#3895 2 years ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

I emailed Stern last night about my
Shaker motor failing. It was making high pitched noises before it ultimately just stopped working. Stern has already gotten back to me in under 24 hours and is sending out a replacement under warranty. Pablo knows his stuff…I still miss Chas…but glad someone with the right knowledge and attentiveness to the customer has taken over the reigns. FWIW Stern has always be willing to help me out over the years even on out of warranty items! Thanks for continuing the commitment to your customers we greatly appreciate it!

I had exact same issue. Was making high pitched noise and then just completely died. Just put in a ticket.

#3896 2 years ago
Quoted from Nikko:

Yep, already broke mine! Stern is sending me a new one and I got a full set of plastic protectors that arrived today.[quoted image][quoted image]

Who makes the full set of protectors? Only ones I have seen don't have the magnet one.

#3897 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Is the cabinet square?

Quoted from PDXFlipper:

Where did you pick up your game from?

next level

#3898 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Still have mine!

#3899 2 years ago

Thanks for any help!
[quoted image]

Thanks for any help!
[quoted image]

After my 10th game today my tight flipper stopped working. The leaf switch rotated off the button inside the cabinet. After rotating the leaf switch with appears to be glued to the cabinet the switch rested over the button as it should but it still wouldn’t work. I noticed the leaf was making contact with the little nub all the time so I bent the leaf away from the nub slightly until there was 1-2mm of space between the leaf and the nub. This fixed the issue for me. Good luck.

8E237049-74B0-47C3-91E5-7F33BD7A2C96 (resized).jpeg8E237049-74B0-47C3-91E5-7F33BD7A2C96 (resized).jpeg
#3900 2 years ago

Premium arrived and set up.

IMG_3084 (resized).jpgIMG_3084 (resized).jpgIMG_3088 (resized).jpgIMG_3088 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Island, NY
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 27,389 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.