PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 548.
#3751 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Would love to see this, do you have any mock up pics / photoshops

Ha! I wish I had the skills to do this... I'm going with "Flaming Gold" from Prismatic powders if you want to see what it looks like. My Premium isn't scheduled to ship until March so I won't have pics for a while unfortunately.

#3752 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Not sure I'm ever going to top this one!!!
What a blast!
[quoted image]

I finally got to 1B and felt like it took everything I had to get there. Lol, I’m almost 1/2 way to you WizardsCastle !!!

90711161-715D-497A-BE19-95AF80417948 (resized).jpeg90711161-715D-497A-BE19-95AF80417948 (resized).jpeg
#3753 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I finally got to 1B and felt like it took everything I had to get there. Lol, I’m almost 1/2 way to you WizardsCastle !!!
[quoted image]

Welcome to the B club!

Full transparency, I have no idea how I got that score, and I'm afraid to turn the game on again because I know it's unlikely to happen again!

#3754 2 years ago
Quoted from av1230:

First post! I just bought my Godzilla machine last week from Joystix games and I'm having an absolute blast. Does anyone have any tips for a beginner? I'm getting absolutely destroyed and only broke 100 mil once. thanks all! And happy to be part of the club. [quoted image]

Bridge attack multiball. It's all about the bridge attack multiball.

#3755 2 years ago

I, along with many here, have a Premium on order that probably won't be made until August. Assuming they can get the parts, do you think Stern would move that production up given its high demand?

#3756 2 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

Lol you're calling GODZILLA a strange theme for pinball as a Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory owner?! Classic movie and nothing against that game, but giant monsters fighting and destroying things makes a lot more sense for pinball then that.

different strokes i guess. I think I'm too young to have been exposed to Godzilla as many people seem to be. I'm glad the theme struck a chord with alot of hobbyists in any case. It's great to have the hype and enthusiasm for any theme, and I'm glad Elwin nailed this one big time!

#3757 2 years ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

You HAVE to go see Godzilla!
There. Welcome to the right circles

thank you for the invitation. Looks like ive got some catching up to do and lots of film to watch. I'm sure I'd like it because its awesome chaos at its finest. time to order some movies and get into this theme!

#3758 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

You don’t get the theme
1. Hilarious campy video of men in monster suits
2. Amazing rocking sound track
3. Blowing shit up
It’s like the best pinball theme ever. Do I like the show stranger things better than Godzilla movies? Of course, I can’t sit through 15 mins of a Godzilla movie without turning it off. But when you take all the Godzilla assets and present them both comedically and in a bad ass rock nature it’s epic.

you make a very good point. I am anxious to get more into the game on location so I can see more of what you are mentioning. the presentation seems pretty epic to be sure. I'm with you guys now, all i need to do is watch some movies and dig in!!

#3759 2 years ago

Who's up for a barbecue!

PXL_20211129_185708931 (resized).jpgPXL_20211129_185708931 (resized).jpg
#3760 2 years ago

That is just outSTANDing.

#3761 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I am completely blown away by Diddys Tesla strike tower mod. I think it might be the nicest highest quality mod I’ve installed, and that includes Liors T. rex head. It totally completes that right area and integrates beautifully with the spinner. Just fantastic. [quoted image]

OMG That looks so fricken awsome.

#3762 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Who's up for a barbecue!
[quoted image]

End of the world party on the roof.

#3763 2 years ago

Just arrived. Back on a call but will unbox Later today. Looks like butter arrived with no damage

FDEC2F8D-2F54-4816-8D80-15850B9B827A (resized).jpegFDEC2F8D-2F54-4816-8D80-15850B9B827A (resized).jpeg

Sorry guys! Wrong thread. Although Halloween will be joining my GZ very soon

#3764 2 years ago

So this might have been answered before, but how long a delay is there usually between a game release & the Stern official accessories made available for purchase on their website? Supply chain issues & demand might be an issue now, but generally speaking, how long did it usually take on prior game releases?

I want to purchase the official Stern cabinet art blades & the Mothra shooter knob. So call your distributor, or just wait for them to pop up on the Stern website?

#3765 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Just arrived. Back on a call but will unbox Later today. Looks like butter arrived with no damage
[quoted image]

odd that they shipped a gz in a halloween box...

#3766 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

? It's one of the lower scoring modes

#3767 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

So this might have been answered before, but how long a delay is there usually between a game release & the Stern official accessories made available for purchase on their website? Supply chain issues & demand might be an issue now, but generally speaking, how long did it usually take on prior game releases?
I want to purchase the official Stern cabinet art blades & the Mothra shooter knob. So call your distributor, or just wait for them to pop up on the Stern website?

There is no answer to this - it seems to be a complete 'whatever happened, happens' topic with Stern. Sometimes it's early, sometimes it's forever, and almost always it's never in stock nor available consistently. They are highly inconsistent with accessories... the only constant seems to be 'low stock', so get it early if you want it.

#3768 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

[quoted image]

Send it back. Tell them you want a Stern Godzilla instead delt31 ...haha

#3769 2 years ago

I emailed Stern last night about my
Shaker motor failing. It was making high pitched noises before it ultimately just stopped working. Stern has already gotten back to me in under 24 hours and is sending out a replacement under warranty. Pablo knows his stuff…I still miss Chas…but glad someone with the right knowledge and attentiveness to the customer has taken over the reigns. FWIW Stern has always be willing to help me out over the years even on out of warranty items! Thanks for continuing the commitment to your customers we greatly appreciate it!

#3770 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

It's the main Godzilla MB that has all the points right now...

#3771 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Ha! I wish I had the skills to do this... I'm going with "Flaming Gold" from Prismatic powders if you want to see what it looks like. My Premium isn't scheduled to ship until March so I won't have pics for a while unfortunately.

WOW!!! That is gonna look sick! Can't wait to see it, I may have to do the same. It matches perfetcly to the backglass and cabinet art on the Premium package

#3772 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

When I got my GC of over half a billion…I know not that great…however I recall being in rampage mode. That might not be the huge points you’re looking for but I’ve yet to top my score nor get into rampage mode. I also hit 19 loops my best game with several destruction jackpots and heat ray attacks (triggered by my gut mostly)!

#3773 2 years ago

Cheesing heat ray and stacking a kaiju battle plus Godzilla or Mechagodzilla MB is what I have been doing. Just doing that I have been able to collect enough shots for other modes like bridge and tesla. Been getting close to breaking a billion but haven't yet.

#3774 2 years ago

iepinball had a great stream last night of Godzilla on his ie pinball channel on twitch. His first game was over 1.5 billion and he made it look effortless. His main points came from a 2x multiplier on one of the tier 2 battles (can't recall which). I believe he cashed out with 750 million just from the battle.

#3775 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

? It's one of the lower scoring modes

Really? Sorry about that... Hmm... both times that i've entered the billions range, it's been almost exclusively during bridge attack multiball... Maybe it was just luck on those times...

20211123_194131 (resized).jpg20211123_194131 (resized).jpg

(I'm running 0.81, does that make a difference? My son got up in the 50 billion range once because of the same... And believe me, neither of us are spectacular players )

#3776 2 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I, along with many here, have a Premium on order that probably won't be made until August. Assuming they can get the parts, do you think Stern would move that production up given its high demand?

I have asked a few distributors this question but they don’t know. It sounds like Stern’s production schedule is full until at least March when they run GZ again.

#3777 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

Meh.. a single Super Spinner shot can rival a good Godzilla MB.

You're not getting great points with just focusing on that.. unless you can get like 4x+ JPs and just keep going. Elwin game requires spreading the love.. get that monster going, get that Godzilla MB, maybe get that tesla strike going.... get that ally 2x with it.. now you're cooking with gas

Tesla Strike and Super Spinner after heat ray are big point opportunities.

#3778 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Really? Sorry about that... Hmm... both times that i've entered the billions range, it's been almost exclusively during bridge attack multiball... Maybe it was just luck on those times...
[quoted image]
(I'm running 0.81, does that make a difference? My son got up in the 50 billion range once because of the same... And believe me, neither of us are spectacular players )

24bil? Uhh.. something is wrong with your game dude. You should probably look for some switches registering unexpectedly

#3779 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

24bil? Uhh.. something is wrong with your game dude. You should probably look for some switches registering unexpectedly

Hmmm... This would certainly explain why it's only happened 3 times... Thanks for the heads-up, i'll check it out!

#3780 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Hmmm... This would certainly explain why it's only happened 3 times... Thanks for the heads-up, i'll check it out!

That score does seem bonkers. I'm a very good player, and while I don't own the game, my best score on location is around 1.5B.
Certainly not saying it's impossible, but does seem more like a stuck switch issue.

#3781 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Meh.. a single Super Spinner shot can rival a good Godzilla MB.
You're not getting great points with just focusing on that.. unless you can get like 4x+ JPs and just keep going.

Not even close for the Super Spinner since it's about 1 million per spin, but you're right on the Godzilla MB process. The first two jackpot sets aren't worth much, although the third Godzilla MB super jackpot is worth about 200 million by itself.

#3782 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Troz had a great stream last night of Godzilla on his ie pinball channel on twitch. His first game was over 1.5 billion and he made it look effortless. His main points came from a 2x multiplier on one of the tier 2 battles (can't recall which). I believe he cashed out with 750 million just from the battle.

Spamming the right ramp super trains got him more than 1.1 billion alone. He just kept hitting that ramp, building the value of that shot. He was up to 104 Million per shot before he missed and the shot reset.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1219013286?t=00h03m12s

He said he got 8 billion before but hasn't been able to repeat it.

#3783 2 years ago

Anyone in Oregon receive premiums yet? I have seen one or two trickle out.

#3784 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

Not even close for the Super Spinner since it's about 1 million per spin, but you're right on the Godzilla MB process. The first two jackpot sets aren't worth much, although the third Godzilla MB super jackpot is worth about 200 million by itself.

My point was super spinner is easily 30-40mil typically for a single shot. Getting 50+mil on Godzilla MB takes a fairly decent run.

#3785 2 years ago

Thanks for the reply guys! The tutorial videos and tips really helped!

I have one last question before I jump back on.. is there a correct slope to play on? 6 degrees or flat? Thanks guys!

#3786 2 years ago
Quoted from av1230:

Thanks for the reply guys! The tutorial videos and tips really helped!
I have one last question before I jump back on.. is there a correct slope to play on? 6 degrees or flat? Thanks guys!

I set all of my Elwins to 7 degrees. Love this pitch for his games.

#3787 2 years ago

Hey there, i just setup my Premium today. What a game!

Great so far and i just try to get the rules a bit. Animations, Sound, Flow just Wow. Very impressive!

But i also have my first issue. The first few games worked good and after a building hit, the magnet came on and did its magic routing the ball around. I am on Software v. 0.81.

After a couple of games the "building hit opto" does not register properly! Ball into the building does not activate magnet anymore. Ball goes STDM instead. First i thougt the magnet is off. But it is clearly the opto not registering on straight balls into the building.

In switch test mode i can repeat that. Fast balls straight into building do not actuate the opto, however i can interrupt the opto beam by holding my finger in the building entry. A rattling ball to the entry sides also seems to actuate the opto more often.

What could i look for here? Thank you!

#3788 2 years ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

First i thougt the magnet is off. But it is clearly the opto not registering on straight balls into the building.
In switch test mode i can repeat that. Fast balls straight into building do not actuate the opto, however i can interrupt the opto beam by holding my finger in the building entry. A rattling ball to the entry sides also seems to actuate the opto more often.

I wonder if it's similar to issues JP had on the outer orbit where fast or slightly airborne balls wouldn't block enough of the opto signal. The workarounds on JP were taping over the lower part of the opto emitter hole, or putting in washers as spacers to lower the emitter under the PF.

#3789 2 years ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

Hey there, i just setup my Premium today. What a game!
Great so far and i just try to get the rules a bit. Animations, Sound, Flow just Wow. Very impressive!
But i also have my first issue. The first few games worked good and after a building hit, the magnet came on and did its magic routing the ball around. I am on Software v. 0.81.
After a couple of games the "building hit opto" does not register properly! Ball into the building does not activate magnet anymore. Ball goes STDM instead. First i thougt the magnet is off. But it is clearly the opto not registering on straight balls into the building.

The opto should be on a bracket you can remove from the underside of the playfield. First, try re-aligning the opto pair by shifting the bracket a little. Something may be impeding the beam.

If that's NOT the case, sometimes optos have a hard time catching fast balls. Pull down the bracket from under the playfield and cover the bottom half of the opto with black electrical tape. Reinstall and try that.

#3790 2 years ago
Quoted from PDXFlipper:

Anyone in Oregon receive premiums yet? I have seen one or two trickle out.

Nothing from Next Level yet, they hadn't heard anything from Stern last time I texted with Jordan, although that was about 2 weeks ago. I think we're on an island.

#3791 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

I wonder if it's similar to issues JP had on the outer orbit where fast or slightly airborne balls wouldn't block enough of the opto signal. The workarounds on JP were taping over the lower part of the opto emitter hole, or putting in washers as spacers to lower the emitter under the PF.

Quoted from PinMonk:

The opto should be on a bracket you can remove from the underside of the playfield. First, try re-aligning the opto pair by shifting the bracket a little. Something may be impeding the beam.
If that's NOT the case, sometimes optos have a hard time catching fast balls. Pull down the bracket from under the playfield and cover the bottom half of the opto with black electrical tape. Reinstall and try that.

Cool thank you for your fast reply. That sounds like some good ideas. I'll try that. Do i need to tape both sides or only the emitting diode? And which one is what?

#3792 2 years ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

Cool thank you for your fast reply. That sounds like some good ideas. I'll try that. Do i need to tape both sides or only the emitting diode? And which one is what?

Here's a post I made about it for Iron Maiden, with pictures:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/153#post-5983569

#3793 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

Nothing from Next Level yet, they hadn't heard anything from Stern last time I texted with Jordan, although that was about 2 weeks ago. I think we're on an island.

Thanks dude!

#3794 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Spamming the right ramp super trains got him more than 1.1 billion alone. He just kept hitting that ramp, building the value of that shot. He was up to 104 Million per shot before he missed and the shot reset.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1219013286?t=00h03m12s
He said he got 8 billion before but hasn't been able to repeat it.

My 71 loops ended at 12 billion for super train with 500+ million per shot at the end

#3795 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:24bil? Uhh.. something is wrong with your game dude. You should probably look for some switches registering unexpectedly

Agreed. Right ramp is the super for bridge mb. Probably stuck. Super train is where the points are at the moment.

#3796 2 years ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

My 71 loops ended at 12 billion for super train with 500+ million per shot at the end

That's crazy. I would have a much easier time spamming the right ramp without missing than the loop without missing, though.

Seems like sk8ball will make a qualifying shot somewhere else or something to continue the train every 10 shots or something so these can't be abused like this.

#3797 2 years ago

Yep. "R Ramp Made Opto" is in fact active when the machine is at rest. "Pop Bumper," too, interestingly... Gonna open her up and take a look...

Thanks for the guidance, all!

#3798 2 years ago

I have to take the building mech out to fix my issue. Which is that two screws on the back of the building have came loose, stopping the building from going lower.

Does anyone know the easiest way to remove it

#3799 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's crazy. I would have a much easier time spamming the right ramp without missing than the loop without missing, though.
Seems like sk8ball will make a qualifying shot somewhere else or something to continue the train every 10 shots or something so these can't be abused like this.

It was the right ramp, it is just called a loop in super trains.

#3800 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Yep. "R Ramp Made Opto" is in fact active when the machine is at rest. "Pop Bumper," too, interestingly... Gonna open her up and take a look...
Thanks for the guidance, all!

Not entirely sure how they're related, but it looks like the pop bumper skirt was physically wedged down. When I released it, that solved that active switches. I'll keep an eye on it and clear our high scores. (EDIT: Switch 65 R Ramp Made Opto issue remains)

Unrelated, but the complete set of LE plastics protectors from Playfield-Protectors in Europe have arrived...

20211129_204540 (resized).jpg20211129_204540 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/76?hl=txcoastal1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.