Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,319 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 547.
#3651 2 years ago

Just unboxed and setup my premium that I received while out of town last Monday...it's awesome!

One small issue is that the lockdown bar latched are super tight and the lockdown bar button doesn't work when the bar is latched down. I need to experiment with either moving the button, adjusting the positioning of the switch that the button hits, or possibly adjust the latches. The button works when the bar isn't down. When it's latched, it's so tight that it's pulling the lockdown bar out of position

Also, what have folks been doing about the bridge plastics? Is there a way to adjust them so they don't rub together when the bridge shakes/moves? I was thinking about putting some mylar on the edges.

#3652 2 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Got my art blades from Wizard Mods today. Highly recommended. Very good quality. Took about 2 weeks to get them from Portugal.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks I ordered these and the flipper covers. I put mirror blades on my Wonka but regret it. I like the artblade look so much better

#3653 2 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Just unboxed and setup my premium that I received while out of town last Monday...it's awesome!
One small issue is that the lockdown bar latched are super tight and the lockdown bar button doesn't work when the bar is latched down. I need to experiment with either moving the button, adjusting the positioning of the switch that the button hits, or possibly adjust the latches. The button works when the bar isn't down. When it's latched, it's so tight that it's pulling the lockdown bar out of position
Also, what have folks been doing about the bridge plastics? Is there a way to adjust them so they don't rub together when the bridge shakes/moves? I was thinking about putting some mylar on the edges.

Mine was the same way out of the box. You just need to bend the back/bottom blade (the one WITHOUT the plastic nub) on the lockdown action button switch back a little more so it's not touching the top blade when you reinstall the lockdown bar. It may look far enough apart when the lockdown bar is off, but the button pushes it a little even at rest, so you just need to bend that lower blade back, test, repeat until it's not activating until you press the button.

switch-blade (resized).jpgswitch-blade (resized).jpg

You can check this in switch test mode on the system menu without starting a game:

13-menu-progression (resized).jpg13-menu-progression (resized).jpg
#3654 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

He was over $300 on eBay, but I had to have the best... naw, he was only $20.

What Godzilla is it? What was it called in the title of the ebay listing?

#3655 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Mine was the same way out of the box. You just need to bend the back/bottom blade (the one WITHOUT the plastic nub) on the lockdown action button switch back a little more so it's not touching the top blade until you press the button.
[quoted image]

Appreciate the recommendation....I'll try that tomorrow. When my lockdown bar is latched down, the button doesn't make contact with the plastic nub. When. It's in position but not latched down, it does and a button press activates the switch with no issue. It's like the lockdown bar latches weren't installed correctly since it's really tight

#3656 2 years ago

My Premium was delivered yesterday by Chris at Kingpin Games who is the best distributor I have worked with - highly recommended! This game is beautiful. Got it all set up and tuned in and it is playing beautifully. I might tweak up the power a little on the upper flipper, but time will tell. I can't wait to get even deeper into this game to see what fun awaits.

So fast, great lightshow, the incomparable TOHO footage/sound effects and of course the stunning art of Zombie Yeti. Check out Godzilla in person; the photos and videos don't tell the whole story.

#3657 2 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Appreciate the recommendation....I'll try that tomorrow. When my lockdown bar is latched down, the button doesn't make contact with the plastic nub. When. It's in position but not latched down, it does and a button press activates the switch with no issue. It's like the lockdown bar latches weren't installed correctly since it's really tight

Wait, so how is it not making contact when the lockdown is latched? Is it shifting the button over so it can't make contact with the switch? Because all the latches should do is pull the lockdown bar closer to the switch, which makes contact more likely.

Do you physically see the button not contacting the switch inside the machine (with an iphone or whatever) or are you just thinking it doesn't because the switch won't work? If you put the game in switch test mode with the bar unlatched, does it register ok (on/off) when you press the button? Then when you leave it on that screen and lock the bar down does it show the switch is on (little square) or off (little dot)?

#3658 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Can you heat the tail and then bend it so it fits without cutting it?

Heating it up would not work. It definitely has to be cut. It's really no big deal considering the replacement Godzilla was only $20.

#3659 2 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Turned my backbox lighting during gameplay to 4% and added one of those bent plastic things and it really helped with glare.
L before/R after
[quoted image]

That is literally the first setting I change on a new Stern when I get one. Makes a world of difference.

#3660 2 years ago

Great game but I have to say, it’s brutal. It’s weird that lots of people are saying there are long ball times. The outlane area is certain death on mine. It’s also a big time challenge having to hit that scoop and left spinner. If they aren’t perfect shots it’s an instant drain off a post. Tough thing bc those shots are so important to do anything in this game. Slings are punishing as hell too. It’s so fun but I do wish it wasn’t quite so brutal. Might have to mess with the sling power and Outlane posts(although it feels like giving up, lol.) I like that Elwin’s games make you be more accurate but there are many days where I’m just like, “ugh! Just give me a break. I’m not a tournament player!” I’ve had some good games and decent flow sometimes. But often it’s been pretty clunky. It’s fun though despite the challenge.

#3661 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Mine was the same way out of the box. You just need to bend the back/bottom blade (the one WITHOUT the plastic nub) on the lockdown action button switch back a little more so it's not touching the top blade when you reinstall the lockdown bar. It may look far enough apart when the lockdown bar is off, but the button pushes it a little even at rest, so you just need to bend that lower blade back, test, repeat until it's not activating until you press the button.
[quoted image]
You can check this in switch test mode on the system menu without starting a game:[quoted image]

I also found that the lockbar latches are quite a pain to latch and are SUPER tight. I’ve noticed that the action button works well
Sometimes and then not at all other times during gameplay. I guess I’ll look at those leaf switches.

#3662 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

I also found that the lockbar latches are quite a pain to latch and are SUPER tight. I’ve noticed that the action button works well
Sometimes and then not at all other times during gameplay. I guess I’ll look at those leaf switches.

Once you get the switch blades adjusted, it should work consistently all the time.

#3663 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

What Godzilla is it? What was it called in the title of the ebay listing?

It was actually on amazon. One of the Bandai figures.

#3664 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Once you get the switch blades adjusted, it should work consistently all the time.

Thx, appreciate the guidance!

#3665 2 years ago
Quoted from CanadianPapaBear:

I went with Nitro for a premium.
I ordered on day 1. According them when I called a few weeks ago I'm in the first shipment due this month. Not sure if the flooding in Abbotsford affects things at all with the timing.
Around the time I called them their site listed second run shipments for premiums with an ETA of March 2022. Right now they are listing August 2022, which I'm guessing is the third run shipment.

Thank you, sir! Appreciate your response!

#3666 2 years ago

.81 code on pro. Game froze with all city objectives completed and upon shooting scoop with change city lit after plunge and ball save running

#3667 2 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

You can adjust the position of the switch - we had to do this too, the button was getting stuck down frequently due to binding because the blade wasn't really square to where the button engaged. Easy adjustment, just annoying to reach.

Quoted from per3per3:

Someone said you can loosen screws and adjust.. haven't on our yet so can't confirm.

#3668 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

[quoted image]
You can check this in switch test mode on the system menu without starting a game:[quoted image]

I had that same issue when my Mandalorian was delivered.

#3669 2 years ago

Well I got to saucer attack multiball and scored as close to zero points in it as I imagine is possible

#3670 2 years ago

what!!!!!!!!!!! A problem! No way / Nobody and i mean nobody has a prob with a NIB godzilla . STERN ARE GODZ and deserve 10 k for a pro . pull out them wallets

Quoted from blueberryjohnson:.81 code on pro. Game froze with all city objectives completed and upon shooting scoop with change city lit after plunge and ball save running

#3671 2 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

Any of you premium or LE owners that have ‘upgraded’ your Godzilla figure want to sell me your factory original for my pro to ‘upgrade’? Shoot me a PM.

PM sent.

#3672 2 years ago

Finally got time to work on some lighting and first up was my boy blue target bank, electrified it nicely I think.. will probably switch to a color changer in scoop but trying green out for now

8CC31341-3B9C-444F-BB6C-7998B9A9064B (resized).jpeg8CC31341-3B9C-444F-BB6C-7998B9A9064B (resized).jpeg
#3673 2 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Finally got time to work on some lighting and first up was my boy blue target bank, electrified it nicely I think.. will probably switch to a color changer in scoop but trying green out for now
[quoted image]

Shield targets looks awesome

#3674 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

what!!!!!!!!!!! A problem! No way / Nobody and i mean nobody has a prob with a NIB godzilla . STERN ARE GODZ and deserve 10 k for a pro . pull out them wallets

Why do you waste your time in Stern Godzilla thread if you have no interest in the game or company?

#3675 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Wow that does look amazing!
What color is that and who did the work?

Same here but this does look really good!
I hate spending money on stuff like this…
But, based on these pictures I’m seriously considering spending the money to do this to mine now. I wonder how that would look on the premium?

I’ve been trying to think about potential color options for a premium as well, and I actually think matching the purple hues would look really good.

#3676 2 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

I’ve been trying to think about potential color options for a premium as well, and I actually think matching the purple hues would look really good.

I’m going with Gold for my premium to match Ghidorahs skin. Already have green on my JP3.

#3677 2 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

Any of you premium or LE owners that have ‘upgraded’ your Godzilla figure want to sell me your factory original for my pro to ‘upgrade’? Shoot me a PM.

GZ figure secured. Thank you Bill

#3678 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

I just don't get why what I assume is an adult man (based on the fact that you seem to own pins and children don't, not much else) is trolling? Then again, I just don't get why an adult man is responding to childish trolling - back to sleep

#3679 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

.81 code on pro. Game froze with all city objectives completed and upon shooting scoop with change city lit after plunge and ball save running

This happened to me on my premium as well.

#3680 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

71 consecutive loops!? That’s insane. I can’t imagine my loop shot not rattling once out of 71 shots. My loop is not the smoothest by any means.

It's the train loop mode. So he hit 71 right ramps in a row (or within the timer for each). Still impressive.

#3681 2 years ago

Tilt Graphics ramp art are 2 sweeeeeet!

#3682 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You can adjust the position of the switch - we had to do this too, the button was getting stuck down frequently due to binding because the blade wasn't really square to where the button engaged. Easy adjustment, just annoying to reach.

Someone said you can loosen screws and adjust.. haven't on our yet so can't confirm.

Appreciate it...I'll need to take a look at how that adjustment can be made. I need to either move the button to the right or move the switch to the right. I have had several stern machines with this action button and haven't had an issue until now. This lockdown bar really latches down tight

#3683 2 years ago

where are people getting the action button foot pedal? I've seen a few people mention it, but i haven't found one.

#3684 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

where are people getting the action button foot pedal? I've seen a few people mention it, but i haven't found one.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/action-button-foot-pedal-for-bksor-godzilla-etc#post-6625202

#3685 2 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Appreciate it...I'll need to take a look at how that adjustment can be made. I need to either move the button to the right or move the switch to the right. I have had several stern machines with this action button and haven't had an issue until now. This lockdown bar really latches down tight

I just had to adjust the tilt of the switch if I recall.. loosening the stack or similar. In our case the blade would bind on the edge of the button's shaft because the button would skate off the blade.

The glass has gotten really tight on the last few titles, but our lockdown bars haven't been extreme.

#3686 2 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

We need someone, who’s talented with graphics, to showcase the different color legs on the different models. that’s definitely not me though…

#3687 2 years ago

100% leds its been this way since spike 2

#3688 2 years ago

Godzilla upgrade painted blue to match. I’m terrible at painting and have very little patience with it but happy with results. This is the 1950 something poster Godzilla

7741AA97-F523-409C-83D7-9595E1DCE326 (resized).jpeg7741AA97-F523-409C-83D7-9595E1DCE326 (resized).jpeg90073FFD-C3FB-4255-9C9D-C77FD669E85A (resized).jpeg90073FFD-C3FB-4255-9C9D-C77FD669E85A (resized).jpegD04552AE-3C5B-47EF-8D71-522FD6C0D3DA (resized).jpegD04552AE-3C5B-47EF-8D71-522FD6C0D3DA (resized).jpegE7145916-F86F-441D-A435-93EA73B0E5F4 (resized).jpegE7145916-F86F-441D-A435-93EA73B0E5F4 (resized).jpeg

#3689 2 years ago

Just got my premium in earlier this week and absolutely love it. Question for you guys. Does the godzilla horseshoe shot left of the drake building when hit hard directly go SDTM on your games? That's my only annoyance.

Any fixes besides not hitting that shot?

#3690 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Just got my premium in earlier this week and absolutely love it. Question for you guys. Does the godzilla horseshoe shot left of the drake building when hit hard directly go SDTM on your games? That's my only annoyance.

it can happen about 10% of the time. if it's happening more than that, you may want to check your left-to-right balance of the table.

#3691 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Yes, best to avoid it unless you need to shoot it

#3692 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

Why is everyone into cheating? This is cheating, right? The whole point is that it is difficult to do. Risk and reward. You guys neutered that.

#3693 2 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Why is everyone into cheating? This is cheating, right? The whole point is that it is difficult to do. Risk and reward. You guys neutered that.

While I'm not interested, I do see people wanting this . For younger or inexperienced players, it would be a fun feature, not a frustrating one.

#3694 2 years ago

Is it cheating to use a beer belly to hit the button?

#3695 2 years ago

Gold collecting on jjPotC with the action button tapping is difficult to do but also FUN. The heat ray charge is NOT FUN. Dunno if Keith will ever make it fun, so I fixed that. I'm not playing in a tournament. People can play the game in the manner that they enjoy. I highly recommend it.

#3696 2 years ago

Not cheating to small kids learning the game, or my friends, and family who come over and want to learn the game as well I say my game, I will do whatever I want to it. My opinion has always been the action buttons are cool, but can be over an over complicated mechanism, but hey, I am not a game designer or a tournament player.

#3697 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Nope, a great method. +1

#3698 2 years ago

I've literally headbutted the button, no cheating here. Accessibility is a requirement in my household, though

#3699 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

I used my chin. I thought that was crafty in itself.

Adding easier to push switches to a game (unless you are disabled in some way) is cheating. So your high scores should have an asterisk next to them. Just my $0.02.

#3700 2 years ago

I used my chin. I thought that was crafty in itself.
Adding easier to push switches to a game (unless you are disabled in some way) is cheating. So your high scores should have an asterisk next to them. Just my $0.02.

You have to remove the idea that everyone is playing competitively from the equation. There's a LOT of people (the majority? I don't have that evidence, but it's a lot) that play for enjoyment alone.

I had a buddy that set his pins to 10 balls/game. Did that matter? No. That's what he wanted to do to enjoy his game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Island, NY
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Myers, FL
$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,319 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/74?hl=txcoastal1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.