PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 548.
#3551 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Is anyone experiencing this issue. Ball is locked, then go to shoot red flashing arrow for destruction jackpot the game goes into ball search. I made a video clip.

Looks like the ball isn’t making it fully through the loop and is getting stuck as it tries to roll back through the building. Your ball also got stuck at the building entrance. So the stop point of the building is likely your problem. Its simply not a flat ball path and getting stuck

#3552 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Yes… the orbit has an inexplicable flat spot and the ball can get stuck there[quoted image]

That's the one. Thoughts on how to address?

#3553 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Looks nice. $350 though ouch

I found this one for $265. With shipping $285. Amazing quality and a real beauty.

#3554 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Looks like the ball isn’t making it fully through the loop and is getting stuck as it tries to roll back through the building. Your ball also got stuck at the building entrance. So the stop point of the building is likely your problem. Its simply not a flat ball path and getting stuck

Thank you, will look into the building, check level to playfield again

#3555 2 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Sometimes I have some ball hanger.
Is that normal ?[quoted image][quoted image]

If your ball is getting stuck behind Mechagodzilla you can raise the turntable to make it flush with the playfield from underneath by using the white Teflon lock knob.

2AFC8D4C-E54A-4760-A18C-3266F385C631 (resized).jpeg2AFC8D4C-E54A-4760-A18C-3266F385C631 (resized).jpeg
#3556 2 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Light blue looks pretty good
[quoted image]

That looks good, for sure.

#3557 2 years ago
Quoted from ShaffeTrain:

Ordered my premium on 11/1, joined the club yesterday.
Now just waiting on my powder coating from Pinball Refinery and my littles to give me a chance to play

Nice! Pinball Refinery is awesome. Glad to see them getting games to their customers so quickly after order.

Are the premiums still on the line at Stern? I’m waiting on the call from my distributor.

#3558 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

That's the one. Thoughts on how to address?

I’ve only seen it like twice since we got the game… so haven’t bothered investigating further. If memory serves i believe its a gap between two ball guides there. Something to prevent a lie there or change in leveling should make a diuretic

#3559 2 years ago

I don't usually nitpick, but the playfield on my Godzilla seems to be maybe thin coated and has lines running up the playfield. Is this common? It's hard to tell without the lights on but it's very noticeable when you see it. Not sure if it's something to worry about.

20211124_150614 (resized).jpg20211124_150614 (resized).jpg
#3560 2 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

I don't usually nitpick, but the playfield on my Godzilla seems to be maybe thin coated and has lines running up the playfield. Is this common? It's hard to tell without the lights on but it's very noticeable when you see it. Not sure if it's something to worry about.

Nothing wrong with the thin clear itself. The lines you are describing sound like a flaw called 'ribbing'. I had another Stern years ago that had it bad, and you couldn't really make out the artwork in the glare of the lights. It doesn't look so bad in your photo, though.

#3561 2 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Changed out the bright green Godzilla for this!! Super cool. This Godzilla is from Japan. East fit!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

He's perfect with those blue fins, but AUD$550....ouch!

And then this......double ouch

Screenshot 2021-11-26 134450 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2021-11-26 134450 (resized).jpg
#3562 2 years ago

you lost in the NIB lottery of high stakes.. good luck with any type of support

Quoted from Gambeno:

[quoted image]

#3563 2 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Changed out the bright green Godzilla for this!! Super cool. This Godzilla is from Japan. East fit!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I can see now thats pretty collectible - how did you mount it?

#3564 2 years ago

I made my own pinball light show. It's interactive with the GI White, Red and the Mothra flasher so it completely follows what's happening on the playfield. The Mothra flasher are two colors green and purple in a Criss-Cross pattern. Made a video for you guys to take a look at.

#3565 2 years ago

Received my premium yesterday. My dad and I put some serious games on it today. My dad absolutely loves it.

Two issues need help with hoping someone here knows before I email Stern.

1. The auto plunger auto plunges everytime no matter what. (my AIQ does this at times)

2. When waiting for the building to come down and release the balls for multi-ball, when we hit both flippers it start saying jackpot. Pretty sure that's not intended so maybe a switch?

Appreciate any insight and help.

#3566 2 years ago
Quoted from Nstone4425:

Received my premium yesterday. My dad and I put some serious games on it today. My dad absolutely loves it.
1. The auto plunger auto plunges everytime no matter what. (my AIQ does this at times)
2. When waiting for the building to come down and release the balls for multi-ball, when we hit both flippers it start saying jackpot. Pretty sure that's not intended so maybe a switch?

You have a seitch firing inadvertently- use switch test to try to figure out which switch is triggering. Shake the game etc

#3567 2 years ago
Quoted from Nstone4425:

Take the glass off.
Put the game in switch test mode (under DIAG on the system menu)
Smack the playfield firmly with the palm of your hand at various places around the playfield and note which switch(es) are triggered from vibration
Adjust those switches to be less sensitive
Once vibration doesn't trigger them anymore, return the glass, close up the machine and enjoy!

#3568 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

He's perfect with those blue fins, but AUD$550....ouch!
And then this......double ouch[quoted image]

4 easy payments though

#3569 2 years ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

There is slight scoring exploit on 0.81 code for you premium/LE owners…[quoted image][quoted image]

Okay…but, did you seriously make 71 consecutive loops!!? I don’t think I could stand there that long.

#3570 2 years ago

Anyone having issues with the magna grab hitting the top of the upper flipper on Destruction Jackpot?

#3571 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

FYI: I Installed tdiddy’s “Tesla Strike” towers on my GZLE. They look absolutely incredible and really complete the look of the game. This is a “must have” mod in my opinion.
[quoted image][quoted image]

How do these interact with the game? Any video?

#3572 2 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

Anyone having issues with the magna grab hitting the top of the upper flipper on Destruction Jackpot?

The one experience I had with a dead drop from the magnet to the top part of the bat, the machine was leaning to the left enough. Small adjustment to the right on the legs did it for me.

#3573 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Red, orange, yellow, would all match best, but with the fire colors on the PF in that area, they get kind of lost. I want some contrasting but complementary color.

Purple looks great! I have green currently and when they wear out over time I'll swap out for purple! I love how it brings out the subtle purple tones not otherwise seen as easy as say red/orange in the PF. Nice work Sir!

#3574 2 years ago

I made a change at the mechagodzilla turntable. Now no more ball hangs

BEC0CD00-74EA-4AF3-9312-AC0D2201355E (resized).jpegBEC0CD00-74EA-4AF3-9312-AC0D2201355E (resized).jpeg
#3575 2 years ago

had my glass off for a quick clean, and decided to see if my Mondo 8" Soft Vinyl would fit...no go, sadly.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3576 2 years ago
Quoted from PDXFlipper:

How do these interact with the game? Any video?

#3577 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

had my glass off for a quick clean, and decided to see if my Mondo 8" Soft Vinyl would fit...no go, sadly.
[quoted image]

Yeah, that one at 7.5" its a tad tall. about .75 too much to clear the glass. Which one is that, Imperial variant? I really want the Umi colorway, but it being sold at DCon making it rough to have many pop up on ebay.

#3578 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Yeah, that one at 7.5" its a tad tall. about .75 too much to clear the glass. Which one is that, Imperial variant? I really want the Umi colorway, but it being sold at DCon making it rough to have many pop up on ebay.

ya, the 84 imperial..wife bought it on GZ day for me

#3579 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Jeffswack
Please let us know what this was.. very interested in finding out

Will do.

Kind of frustrating but building is just disabled at this point

#3580 2 years ago

Possibly a bug. Had the magnet hold all the balls in Godzilla Multiball.

F90B5773-C121-4BE2-8794-40E4BDFAE791 (resized).jpegF90B5773-C121-4BE2-8794-40E4BDFAE791 (resized).jpeg
#3581 2 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

[quoted image]

Hoping thats a reflection of some kind of light fixture and your balls arent already so scratched up this quickly.

#3582 2 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

[quoted image]

Yep, that’s exactly what happened to me.

#3583 2 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Hoping thats a reflection of some kind of light fixture and your balls arent already so scratched up this quickly.

Just pulled and clean them. It’s residual wax from waxing the playfield.

#3584 2 years ago

wife's new mothra statue just arrived...can't convince her to make it a topper, though

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3585 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

wife's new mothra statue just arrived...can't convince her to make it a topper, though
[quoted image]

It's actually 29 days to Christmas That would make a awesome topper though.

#3586 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

It's actually 29 days to Christmas That would make a awesome topper though.

ssshhhhh...we're lazy.

#3587 2 years ago

Well finally posted my unboxing vid. Love the game! Didn't care for the Pro at first with only a handful of games played on location but having the Prem at home has proven the game in spades. Still haven't figured everything out yet but already see the longevity of this title.

#3588 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

[quoted image]

That's awesome and damn, I need that Nightmare countdown clock!!! So cool

#3589 2 years ago
Quoted from Hoteldrummer:

That's awesome and damn, I need that Nightmare countdown clock!!! So cool

hot topic has them

#3590 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

hot topic has them

Awesome!!! Thank you!!! I'm on it!

#3591 2 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

Okay…but, did you seriously make 71 consecutive loops!!? I don’t think I could stand there that long.

Yes, I wanted to see it get up to 500 million a loop. I blame the 72nd miss on not having pinmonk’s fans haha

#3592 2 years ago
Quoted from Maverick203b:

GZ multiball hitting left flipper as it should.

Has anyone figured out WHAT makes machines do this? There has to be some adjustment.

Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I'm still struggling with the cheap drains. Based on the responses I got yesterday, it seems I am not the only one.

The game definitely has more “F YOU!” drains than most. Any accidental shot to the right ramp that doesn’t make it up, you’re F’d. So many missed shots just seem to have an absolute path right to the outlane, nothing but net. Same with a slow ball coming from the Mecha/Tail Whip lane, it’ll bounce clean down the outlane. I have no idea how people are complaining about lack of Wizard Modes. I finally got to my first Tier-2 battle after 200 games.

#3593 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Has anyone figured out WHAT makes machines do this? There has to be some adjustment.

The game definitely has more “F YOU!” drains than most. Amy accidental shot to the right ramp that doesn’t make it up, you’re F’d. So many missed shots just seem to have an absolute path right to the outlane, nothing but net. Same with a slow ball coming from the Mecha/Tail Whip lane, it’ll bounce clean down the outlane. I have no idea how people are complaining about lack of Wizard Modes. I finally got to my first Tier-2 battle after 200 games.

Ha ha!

Same here on the battles!

#3594 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The game definitely has more “F YOU!” drains than most. Amy accidental shot to the right ramp that doesn’t make it up, you’re F’d. So many missed shots just seem to have an absolute path right to the outlane, nothing but net. Same with a slow ball coming from the Mecha/Tail Whip lane, it’ll bounce clean down the outlane. I have no idea how people are complaining about lack of Wizard Modes. I finally got to my first Tier-2 battle after 200 games.

I cant tell how accurate the calibration with my Klein digital leveler, but I'm at about 0.1 lean to the left and my MB drops from the building along with the magnet drop to the upper flipper right about perfect. So its either that thats helping the drops, or the building itself is better mounted onto the playfield.

#3595 2 years ago

71 consecutive loops!? That’s insane. I can’t imagine my loop shot not rattling once out of 71 shots. My loop is not the smoothest by any means.

#3596 2 years ago

So I put a deposit on a premium on 11/12, haven't really heard anything about timeframe for production, anyone have any info as to when to expect? I have heard anything from march to end of next year, thanks.

#3597 2 years ago
Quoted from nighttaco:

So I put a deposit on a premium on 11/12, haven't really heard anything about timeframe for production, anyone have any info as to when to expect? I have heard anything from march to end of next year, thanks.

I’d ask your distributor, seems to be all over the place as to how allocation was handled.

#3598 2 years ago

Putting this guy in

E61750CB-37EC-44C8-98C1-DC2BB743DAB8 (resized).jpegE61750CB-37EC-44C8-98C1-DC2BB743DAB8 (resized).jpeg
#3599 2 years ago

Ok after a few days playing with Godzilla's fire blast, I find it works best on a 12v supply line "not a GI or flasher" as the circuit did not like the quick interruptions of power.

So I decided for several reasons that I will not be making these to sell with the two biggest reasons being:

1- Time it takes to make one
2- Price for the Godzilla figures varies as does the availability of them.

Another reason is why profit from a hobby where I can share something and give back to others so they can make their own mod at cost and enjoy it. So all I ask is PLEASE DO NOT COPY THIS MOD and try to going into business for your self by selling it to fellow hobbyist for a profit, let's all try to enjoy the hobby as reasonable as possible and give back to each other where we can. Especially that we are frigging paying over 10k for machines now.

With that being said here is the list of things used to make it, use it as a guide or change it to what you like.

Godzilla Figure:

Bandai Toho 2009 Classic Godzilla, this is the figure I used as it kept with the 1950's - 1960's version of Zilla used in the clips "Price Hunt Them":

ebay.com link: itm

Flame Blast:

1:12 Pyro Blast this seller sells a single or double pack for the extra few bucks get the 2 pack in-case of a mistake and these are semi fragile:

ebay.com link: itm

Fire LEDs Kit with circuit board, I strongly recommend the nano size chip and optional AC/DC 7-19v and extra wire. Should total $11.10

https://evandesigns.com/products/fire-led-kit?_pos=1&_sid=818a7014b&_ss=r&variant=32221154017328

Remote Outlet:

If you are going to buy a cheap dedicated 12v power supply and run it off your service outlet please know when you shut the machine the service outlet is still live and so will be his fire blast, unless you are using a wireless remote outlet that shut it all down like the one listed below.

https://www.amazon.com/HBN-Wireless-Weatherproof-Grounded-Included/dp/B07WX2NBWR/ref=sr_1_29

12v Power supply with Barrel Jack connectors:

https://www.amazon.com/ALITOVE-Adapter-Converter-100-240V-5-5x2-1mm/dp/B01GEA8PQA/ref=sr_1_5

If you are not going to buy a 12v power supply and don't use a remote outlet (BTW on sale today on Amazon Back Friday deals) then you can pull the 12v from the CN6 connector on your power board in the back box but you'll have to make the plug.

In addition to some CA Glue or Crazy Glue, extra wire about 30" in length (x2), soldering gun and heat shrink.

If anyone is interested in doing this mod for your machine these are the parts needed so if you wish to order them now and get a jump by all means please do so. I intended on doing a construction process video of for you to see as building it in the next few days, if not then I'll write out the step by step that I did which is pretty easy to do, and if you have any questions I'll try to help as much as I can via text or phone which ever you like.

Okay so start ordering up and step by step details coming soon.
external-content.duckduckgo.com.gifexternal-content.duckduckgo.com.gif

#3600 2 years ago

This probably wouldn’t fit in the game very well, but thought it could be potentially cool if it would?? Maybe some color changing led’s behind it….

91B61246-10AB-4604-9E05-1C1D377164D5 (resized).png91B61246-10AB-4604-9E05-1C1D377164D5 (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
O'fallon, IL
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/72?hl=onemilemore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.