Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
4A684A67-61F1-4FF0-8236-BF6E38F58AE9 (resized).jpeg
pinside.66273470719090863a8972d23c0880d26136302f (resized).jpg
E8926C7A-0B80-451C-BFC6-B6F8BA766F07 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,299 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 546.
#3451 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Just coming into this post, have you done the software part yet for the stepper motor?

Yep. It's definitely something mechanical. I hear the motor struggling down low and the the floor is perfectly level with playfield to start

Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Just coming into this post, have you done the software part yet for the stepper motor?

#3452 2 years ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

Yep. It's definitely something mechanical. I hear the motor struggling down low and the the floor is perfectly level with playfield to start

Binding on the drive it seems like. . Or just a thought here, is it possible someone left washer or some type of sleeve on top of the guide rods at the top and that is restricting full travel to the bottom? Just looking at the manual for the building trying to see what could restrict movement here.

Call Stern or your Distributor.

#3453 2 years ago

Found these on ebay today. 3.5" , I think they will fit in good

Screenshot_20211124-193636_eBay (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211124-193636_eBay (resized).jpg
#3454 2 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Thankful for receiving our Premium last night! Set up shaker motor and sub line out before first game and it’s a great experience, had to tweak the treble and bass levels on stock audio settings but finally got it sounding sweet.
The hype is real = the Looney Tunes New Yorker callout voice sticks out like a sore thumb….would be 10x better having a Japanese guy/gal saying those lines in English, or Bryan Cranston(; I’m sure cousin Vinny is a great guy but he would be more fitting in a Space Jam remake!
Diggin this flow monster and can’t wait to dive in over the holidays!

The radio broadcaster? I don’t hear that at all. I think the callouts are great, one of Stern’s best. (The same guy also did Iron Maiden)

#3455 2 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

The radio broadcaster? I don’t hear that at all. I think the callouts are great, one of Stern’s best. (The same guy also did Iron Maiden)

Agreed. New York is the USA city represented on the game, and it should have an accent associated.

#3456 2 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

I know his fire and scales on the back should be blue and maybe I’ll revisit it but for now, it’s 100x better than what came with it and looks good with all the reddish orange on the playfield and backglass.
[quoted image]

Still looks like projectile vomiting GZ. No offense intended.

#3457 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Found these on ebay today. 3.5" , I think they will fit in good
[quoted image]

What is it they say?

"Earth will become a corrony of Planet X"....

Every time I hear it, I think of a scene from UHF....

https://tenor.com/tRmP.gif

#3458 2 years ago

Having a problem on my Godzilla premium. When the building collapses and then the ball is shot in, it hesitates. It doesn't know the ball is there and it has to raise and lower the building and do a check for the ball. The ball ends up not being locked because of it. Here is a link to the video of it doing it:

#3459 2 years ago
Quoted from ShineSpark:

For those of you who own a Godzilla in Canada, any advice on purchasing? Player One doesn't seem to have any and I haven't heard from them when I've sent an email... Did you guys go with Nitro?
Many thanks to all!

I went with Nitro for a premium.
I ordered on day 1. According them when I called a few weeks ago I'm in the first shipment due this month. Not sure if the flooding in Abbotsford affects things at all with the timing.

Around the time I called them their site listed second run shipments for premiums with an ETA of March 2022. Right now they are listing August 2022, which I'm guessing is the third run shipment.

#3460 2 years ago

I went a bit bigger on my pro. Love it!

A8C88FC6-E164-4D1E-A250-9AB2E3DDD7B0 (resized).jpegA8C88FC6-E164-4D1E-A250-9AB2E3DDD7B0 (resized).jpegD11D9F85-A31B-4B2E-A6DD-528468B6CD27 (resized).jpegD11D9F85-A31B-4B2E-A6DD-528468B6CD27 (resized).jpeg
#3461 2 years ago

Got to play it tonight. Fun table, you guys are lucky to have one!

#3462 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPeet:

Fantastic! Always thought being taller than the building was the way to go. And that’s something you couldn’t really do as well on a Prem/LE!

#3463 2 years ago

Ordered my premium on 11/1, joined the club yesterday.

Now just waiting on my powder coating from Pinball Refinery and my littles to give me a chance to play

20211124_073208 (resized).jpg20211124_073208 (resized).jpg20211124_201808 (resized).jpg20211124_201808 (resized).jpg
#3464 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPeet:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Is that Godzilla?

#3465 2 years ago
Quoted from cyberock:

Having a problem on my Godzilla premium. When the building collapses and then the ball is shot in, it hesitates. It doesn't know the ball is there and it has to raise and lower the building and do a check for the ball. The ball ends up not being locked because of it. Here is a link to the video of it doing it:

Yes. So if you have a multiball happening and then shoot a ball back into the building, the game somehow loses track of the game ball. All balls get kicked out, then it find the ball and continues to play. Stern needs to fix this.

#3466 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Agreed. New York is the USA city represented on the game, and it should have an accent associated.

Hell, they should have had me do the NYC callouts.... I would have done it for free and a few F bombs

#3467 2 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Not sure how the Looney Tunes New Yorker or my cousin Vinny references would be confused for the Raymond Burr soundalike, but just to clarify - No, not “the radio broadcaster”. This is referring to a different higher pitched callout voice that many ppl have noted in both threads…”He’s volmnerabal” or as one person put it “Shoot the wamps to lite battle” It’s not a problem with a NY accent, it’s that he sounds like an animal cartoon character or something.
Anyway Happy Larry Bird Day GZ fans & go destroy your favorite or least favorite city!!

#3468 2 years ago
Quoted from ShaffeTrain:

Ordered my premium on 11/1, joined the club yesterday.
Now just waiting on my powder coating from Pinball Refinery and my littles to give me a chance to play

Congrats, looks like the family is enjoying as well that's awesome and what this hobby is all about. Have fun!!!

#3469 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Did you register your game and get connected to insider connect on you machine?
Mine said the same and I did the other stuff then it worked

Mine is doing this as well.
Machine is WI FI Insider Connected and 8.0 is up to date.
When I play a game while being connected the machine will almost always power down during gameplay and re-boot.

#3470 2 years ago
Quoted from DustinP:

Mine is doing this as well.
Machine is WI FI Insider Connected and 8.0 is up to date.
When I play a game while being connected the machine will almost always power down during gameplay and re-boot.

We had an instance where it would not let us start a new game, then it logged us all out of insider connect. Some odd stuff is happening on the new code from .80 and up.

#3471 2 years ago

Premium landed just in time for our Thanksgiving get together!

Anyone notice how this game… uh… smells different than other Sterns? I noticed it came with a tube of grease. I’m assuming it’s for the building mech’s motor.

Kinda smells like a car shop or something. I don’t mind it, haha.

But damn, this game rips. I’ve been soaking up so much hype since the very first trailer. Played it once at expo, so I didn’t get to dig in much. Blown away by the flow and sheer adrenaline of this game. Perfect compliment to Elvira on the left!

0BF4D8E7-0864-431B-B605-C9355D7E917B (resized).jpeg0BF4D8E7-0864-431B-B605-C9355D7E917B (resized).jpeg
#3472 2 years ago

Mine smells like a fart....Oh wait ..

PXL_20211125_150301327 (resized).jpgPXL_20211125_150301327 (resized).jpg
#3473 2 years ago

Installed PinMonks LE Tibetan Cooling Mod for Flippers. Took less than 10 minutes and Wow, what an improvement.

20211125_095902 (resized).jpg20211125_095902 (resized).jpg20211125_095908 (resized).jpg20211125_095908 (resized).jpg20211125_095938 (resized).jpg20211125_095938 (resized).jpg20211125_100444 (resized).jpg20211125_100444 (resized).jpg
#3474 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Installed PinMonks LE Tibetan Cooling Mod for Flippers. Took less than 10 minutes and Wow, what an improvement.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What it the difference, are you saying that the flippers are somehow underperforming in there original form - what have I missed here?

#3475 2 years ago
Quoted from onyxx:

What it the difference, are you saying that the flippers are somehow underperforming in there original form - what have I missed here?

After playing for a while, the flipper coils start to heat up. The hotter the coils get, the more resistance in the coils. The more resistance in the coils, the weaker they become.

#3476 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

After playing for a while, the flipper coils start to heat up. The hotter the coils get, the more resistance in the coils. The more resistance in the coils, the weaker they become.

Is this a plug and play type mod?

#3477 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

So the game is susceptible to flipper fade like some other games (I still haven't received my LE in Europe so I don't know). How long until you usually notice the fade, does the temp spike early on this game?

#3478 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Do they add any noise?

#3479 2 years ago
Quoted from Colywobbles:

Made my initial set of 4 for slings and guides, I will move onto the upper playfield once I can stop playing it for a while lol

Definitely want a full set in all florescent yellow, a guy in Germany on FB has a full set on his pro and it pops quite well! Also made the upper airball plastic on his game above laser Canon florescent red/pink which is awesome and takes place of the clear protector stern installed as well as a red/pink one around the right upper flasher dome... I'd love a set if you make them!

#3480 2 years ago

I haven’t noticed any issue with flipper strength and I usually play for hours at a time.

#3481 2 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I haven’t noticed any issue with flipper strength and I usually play for hours at a time.

Me neither though it's noticable in LZ so I added a USB fan there .

#3482 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Yes. So if you have a multiball happening and then shoot a ball back into the building, the game somehow loses track of the game ball. All balls get kicked out, then it find the ball and continues to play. Stern needs to fix this.

Is this an acknowledged bug or is this something going wrong with the hardware?

#3483 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

How are you getting a ball in the building after multiball starts? Are you talking the special case where you have a ball on the PF before and somehow manage to shoot the lock shot 2nd level of the building before it goes fully up?

The building should be in the 'loop through' level during multiball.

#3484 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Joined the club today with the arrival of my premium. I've only played 6-7 games so far. Great game but I still have no idea what I'm doing
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"e14db110dc6bcbeccafbf608f5a446b30ace0341-1637855404-1800"};
//]]>

I've read that the game can be switched into Japanese instead of English but couldn't find that option anywhere in the settings. Mine came installed with .80 code. Did that come as an option on a more recent update?

You flip the right flipper on my prem to switch to Japanese just before the first ball intro for each player starts. If you miss the intro you've missed the chance at changing language, and if you double flip to exit the intro youll also miss the opportunity.

#3485 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

How are you getting a ball in the building after multiball starts? Are you talking the special case where you have a ball on the PF before and somehow manage to shoot the lock shot 2nd level of the building before it goes fully up?

I think he means when the multiball lock becomes available when the building lowers. That is what is happening with my game, it isn't sensing the ball going into the building about 50% of the time now so before it brings the ball to the roof, it goes through a ball find.

#3486 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Do they add any noise?

There is a background whine from the fans, but fairly quiet (if you listen for it it is there, but don’t notice otherwise). Given the sound with the game it actually fits in. I’ll be adding the magnet cooler when it become available

This is my first Stern. I was surprised how loud the power supply fan was when it kicked in. I didn’t confirm but I think the coil fans are the same low noise PS fan than PinMonk sells?

Trivially easy to install

#3487 2 years ago
Quoted from onyxx:

Yes, flipper fade. Well documented here on Pinside.

#3488 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Is this a plug and play type mod?

Quoted from onyxx:

So the game is susceptible to flipper fade like some other games (I still haven't received my LE in Europe so I don't know). How long until you usually notice the fade, does the temp spike early on this game?

Yes, it is plug and play. It plugs into the board just inside the coin door on the left side of the cabinet.

And I'm not sure about the specifics of flipper fade on Godzilla. Just that it is present, to some degree, on the Stern Spike 2 games. The fans have worked great for my TMNT and AIQ. The fans are barely noticeable when it comes to noise, especially when playing.

#3489 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

An anomaly. My girlfriend has had it happen. Say she is in a batttle, then triggers mutiball is one way.

#3490 2 years ago
Quoted from cyberock:

Is this an acknowledged bug or is this something going wrong with the hardware?

I can't say either way, going to start recording our gameplay to catch and identify it.

#3491 2 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Me neither. I’ve noticed it with other games but not with Godzilla. I think I played 3 hours straight yesterday.

#3492 2 years ago

Just installed PinMonks Foot Pedal Mod, and I have to say It is pretty great. I like the Action button, but having a foot pedal on the ground is a game changer. Does not require me to adjust my thought or catch and hold balls on the flipper to press the action button. Plus the fact that you can use use either one. My family is loving this feature.

#3493 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Me neither. I’ve noticed it with other games but not with Godzilla. I think I played 3 hours straight yesterday.

Lucky

I noticed it immediately. Put a thermal probe next to the coils to measure and I was losing the battle with heat. This game is hard enough, not going to fight flipper fade.

#3494 2 years ago

I had the chance to play a handful of games on each the pro and the premium. I’ve always had a hard time making shots with an upper flipper, but on this game it seemed like I couldn’t miss!

Is it me or do you guys feel the upper flipper shot on GZ is easier than on other pins?

#3495 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I had the chance to play a handful of games on each the pro and the premium. I’ve always had a hard time making shots with an upper flipper, but on this game it seemed like I couldn’t miss!
Is it me or do you guys feel the upper flipper shot on GZ is easier than on other pins?

timing it is definitely a little easier..i'm not hitting >5 loops or anything, but at 50ish games, I can mostly hit the loop when i want to

#3496 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPeet:

Looks good and how much vertical clearance is there from the base of the plastic where the godzilla figure mounts onto to the playfield glass is there? I'm looking at a NECA 7" figure but want to make sure it clears before I order it.

#3497 2 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

Looks good and how much vertical clearance is there from the base of the plastic where the godzilla figure mounts onto to the playfield glass is there? I'm looking at a NECA 7" figure but want to make sure it clears before I order it.

people have mounted the 8" NECA 1954 poster model there with no issue

#3498 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

people have mounted the 8" NECA 1954 poster model there with no issue

Think the 1954 poster is at 6 not 8 inches. The figure I'm using in mine is 6.3 and it's creeping close to the glass (standing on top of the base plastic that's there). I might have half an inch left in clearance.

#3499 2 years ago

I lowered the outlane posts to the bottom holes to help from getting so many drains.
I feel like it’s training wheels but it really helped my games last so much longer.

#3500 2 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

If you mount in same spot, it is 6.75 inches to glass. If you move gz to back corner you gain about 1"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

9,000 (OBO)
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 210.00
10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,299 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 546.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/70 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.