gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,336 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 547.
#3401 2 years ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

First issue that I'm having is surrounding the building mech. The top floor building gate that holds the balls isn't coming up enough to release the ball. It moves freely with my hand.

Looks to me like you're building is not going low enough. I also see a stuttering towards the end as if something underneath is blocking or impinging the mechanics. Lift your playfield and examine the building mechanics for any foreign objects along the glide path. Make sure all screws, bolts and nuts are accounted for and secured.

#3402 2 years ago

You guys win. Will put more thought into my choice of words next time.

#3403 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

You guys win. Will put more thought into my choice of words next time.

No, no, no, Not about win or losing here. All about having fun, being a good, happy or whatever kind of pinballer you decide to be. I hope all the advice from here and your A-player friends are helpful. I am always learning. I come from an old school of pinball, but love the modern stuff so much even though I don't react the way I used to when I was younger. I live through my kids and their friends, but can still out together some great scores. Hang in there.

#3404 2 years ago
Quoted from Colywobbles:

Made my initial set of 4 for slings and guides, I will move onto the upper playfield once I can stop playing it for a while lol
I always make my protectors 1mm oversize for more pop and to protect the plastics better from air strikes and let’s you remove those horrible washers too.
With Godzillas I’ve also cut out the missiles to let the intended colour shine through to the guide as intended.
Had to do my usual trim set too with coindoor plaque, shooter plate, lockbar and bats.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those look nice! I’d also be in for a set of the trim set and a complete set of plastic protectors if you are making any extra to sell.

#3405 2 years ago

There are some high risk/reward shots on this machine, particularly those to the right toward the scoop and toward the maser canon on the left. Those will rebound right SDTM on you sometimes, but such is the price of admittance to those kinds of shots. It does seem like some people are experiencing leveling issues where some things (i.e. multiball dump off building and reverse building shots) are going SDTM, also. Coupled with the already fast nature and rebounds that you get, I could see this being really frustrating. But I don't get any more frustrating drains down the middle or on the outlanes than any other fast paced game I own or have owned. It's not the friendliest game, and it requires nudging more than others, for sure. But compared to, say, TWD this game leans toward more forgiving. I would place it on a spectrum somewhere better than MET for ball times and less than SM. Somewhere around EHOH, maybe.

#3406 2 years ago
Quoted from Selig:

Amazing. So easy going up and down stairs. Only thing to get used to is that it is pallet height. Great when moving the box off the pallet but a little tougher tilting the machine to get on it. All in all great buy though.

Please share this dolly information. I have a stairway that is a pain in the back. Is this the new one that was at a show. I can't find anything about it if that's the one. Anyway thanks in advance.

#3407 2 years ago
Quoted from sushko:

Please share this dolly information. I have a stairway that is a pain in the back. Is this the new one that was at a show. I can't find anything about it if that's the one. Anyway thanks in advance.

Talk to [email protected] - GVONM

https://thepinballplace.com/

He can get you a dolly, there is a thread on pinside that goes into detail somewhere

Or [email protected] can get you an Escalera

#3408 2 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

The lack of value is a reason I thought maybe it was a SDTM shot, happens almost every time on my game and it seems pretty level.

my inner loop is pretty consistently SDTM which I figure is by design... not much reason to shoot it and if you accidentally hit it then bam, ball over.

#3409 2 years ago

So I splurged and got an LE on the aftermarket. Love the game and super fun to play but the game is almost too deep (for me) I guess is the word. I read the rule sheet and still don’t know how to achieve an extra ball. Nowhere do I see the insert for one on the playfield. Really the only things I have down are the Mecha multi ball and the Godzilla Multiball the rest is just shooting hoping to keep the ball alive. I am seeing where nudging is an obvious great skill to have which I still have not learned.
Beautiful game!!!

#3410 2 years ago

I think it plays fast if set up pretty steep and people will drain more because it has a lot of shots without safe returns to the flippers.

There are also a lot of time sensitive features (jet fighter hurryups, timed boss fights, 2x playfield duration, gigan and megalon combos, consecutive loops, countdown elements of tank and bridge multiball) which incentivise more on the fly play over always trapping. I think this is great from a challenge standpoint but recognize it also increases the frequency of getting the ball whipping around and losing control of it.

#3411 2 years ago
Quoted from DustinP:

So I splurged and got an LE on the aftermarket. Love the game and super fun to play but the game is almost too deep (for me) I guess is the word. I read the rule sheet and still don’t know how to achieve an extra ball. Nowhere do I see the insert for one on the playfield. Really the only things I have down are the Mecha multi ball and the Godzilla Multiball the rest is just shooting hoping to keep the ball alive. I am seeing where nudging is an obvious great skill to have which I still have not learned.
Beautiful game!!!

On latest code you get an extra ball for destroying ten fighters and another for destroying three saucers. I don't yet understand how saucer destroying works (played a game just focused on hitting the saucer but still didn't destroy five for the new multiball)

#3412 2 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Talk to [email protected] - GVONM
https://thepinballplace.com/
He can get you a dolly, there is a thread on pinside that goes into detail somewhere
Or [email protected] can get you an Escalera

Thanks for your help

#3413 2 years ago

Anyone find the Keith Elwin cartoon character hidden in the Godzilla Premium art?

#3414 2 years ago

Has anyone heard if Godzilla has any nods to older games in the call outs?
I mean IMDN has from MM and DP from MB.

#3415 2 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

Has anyone heard if Godzilla has any nods to older games in the call outs?
I mean IMDN has from MM and DP from MB.

I was hoping Keith and team would have something related to the old Sega Godzilla game kinda like they did with JP3 and the Data East JP (Chaos and Raptor Tri Ball). So far I haven't found anything.

It would be cool to have a "Baby Godzilla" or even a "Save New York" MB incorporated into this game for fun! (Hopefully you're reading this and laughing KME!)

#3416 2 years ago

Just got it!! Godzilla Premium! Woo hoo!!! Check out my silly ass YouTube channel (Shane’s Random Universe) later tonight for the unboxing vid! Can’t wait to play it!

19F64214-5F9B-4D72-9F33-E8FF1295525F (resized).jpeg19F64214-5F9B-4D72-9F33-E8FF1295525F (resized).jpeg62A58B19-49F4-4EF0-97E3-68861EAF1E3C (resized).jpeg62A58B19-49F4-4EF0-97E3-68861EAF1E3C (resized).jpeg
#3417 2 years ago

Put some toys in my Pro today.
Love the game so far. I think the orchestral is the way to go on theme music.

20211124_150412 (resized).jpg20211124_150412 (resized).jpg20211124_150451 (resized).jpg20211124_150451 (resized).jpg20211124_150505 (resized).jpg20211124_150505 (resized).jpg
#3418 2 years ago

I got THE email this morning - Godzilla Premium will arrive Friday morning! How am I going to sleep the next two nights?

#3419 2 years ago

I wanted to add in case someone didnt know, you can change the "replay" type to fixed, and have 1 or more levels of reply with an extra ball as the award.
On ours at home we get an extra ball at 1M so my kids have something fun to try for. Basically makes it a 4 ball game for me, which I'm fine with since the extra balls arent exactly easy to come by on this one yet.

Quoted from DustinP:

Beautiful game!!!

#3420 2 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I got THE email this morning - Godzilla Premium will arrive Friday morning! How am I going to sleep the next two nights?

Your not! LOL! Well maybe some crazy amount of turkey tomorrow will help but I get it, its Christmas before Christmas! I just got mine a few hours ago and I'm excited as a little boy on Christmas morning!

#3421 2 years ago

Is it just me, or are the ball out bonuses really low compared to the scoring? Like I'll have a 400MM point ball and my bonus will be 6MM. Doesnt seem very in line with other stern titles. I'm sure if they want to they'll change that in the code, but it just seemed kind of strange to me.

#3422 2 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

Put some toys in my Pro today.
Love the game so far. I think the orchestral is the way to go on theme music.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow! Impressive! Looks like a premium!

#3423 2 years ago

Christmas tree in Japan

20211124_153204 (resized).jpg20211124_153204 (resized).jpg
#3424 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

On latest code you get an extra ball for destroying ten fighters and another for destroying three saucers. I don't yet understand how saucer destroying works (played a game just focused on hitting the saucer but still didn't destroy five for the new multiball)

I believe you need to hit the pop bumper 5 times which will start a "Saucer Attack" on a timer. Hit that, within the time, to destroy 1 saucer. Do that whole thing 3 times for extra ball, 5 times for MB. I still haven't gotten the MB but I have gotten the extra ball. I could be wrong, but that's my understanding.

#3425 2 years ago

I know his fire and scales on the back should be blue and maybe I’ll revisit it but for now, it’s 100x better than what came with it and looks good with all the reddish orange on the playfield and backglass.

2D8CD8F8-DE89-4027-86EC-86F72DAB277E (resized).jpeg2D8CD8F8-DE89-4027-86EC-86F72DAB277E (resized).jpeg

#3426 2 years ago
Quoted from DustinP:

Love the game and super fun to play but the game is almost too deep (for me) I guess is the word.

Man I love Deep games for home use! I even wish AIQ was deeper!!!

#3427 2 years ago

For those of you who own a Godzilla in Canada, any advice on purchasing? Player One doesn't seem to have any and I haven't heard from them when I've sent an email... Did you guys go with Nitro?

Many thanks to all!

#3428 2 years ago

I was told weeks ago no more premium Godzilla until March at earliest. I was supposed to be on the first run. How are all of you getting a Godzilla Premium?

#3429 2 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

I was told weeks ago no more premium Godzilla until March at earliest. I was supposed to be on the first run. How are all of you getting a Godzilla Premium?

guessing your distributor oversold their allotment

#3430 2 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Some distributors allotments got cut so I'm guessing you were probably at the end of the list for the first run. Still the majority of spots that didn't get cut are still on the line and people are getting them as they get finished.

#3431 2 years ago

Got my Zilla home today. Having fun setting it up and playing those single digit games…. FRESH!
In the tradition of all my games I got a keychain to dangle off the front for flair, this one just happens to be cute A.F.

668C2FBE-BC9A-404D-AFE3-5097D9C1E001 (resized).jpeg668C2FBE-BC9A-404D-AFE3-5097D9C1E001 (resized).jpeg
#3432 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Some distributors allotments got cut so I'm guessing you were probably at the end of the list for the first run. Still the majority of spots that didn't get cut are still on the line and people are getting them as they get finished.

I don't know what to think, who really knows. It's a rigged world we live in nowadays.

#3433 2 years ago

Joined the club today with the arrival of my premium. I've only played 6-7 games so far. Great game but I still have no idea what I'm doing .

I've read that the game can be switched into Japanese instead of English but couldn't find that option anywhere in the settings. Mine came installed with .80 code. Did that come as an option on a more recent update?

#3434 2 years ago

So I just set up my Premium, came 8.0. When I select software update it says it is up to date. What am I missing since .81 is the most current? Thanks

#3435 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Joined the club today with the arrival of my premium. I've only played 6-7 games so far. Great game but I still have no idea what I'm doing .
I've read that the game can be switched into Japanese instead of English but couldn't find that option anywhere in the settings. Mine came installed with .80 code. Did that come as an option on a more recent update?

Use flippers to select before you plunge the first ball.

#3436 2 years ago

So I think this game is the goat but the Japanese call outs… kind of a waste of effort IMO. They just aren’t funny or interesting, to me. I think it would be better if they randomly/rarely had some Japanese call outs mixed in to the English ones. Hope that doesn’t limit their ability to add more English call outs or delays getting updates out.

#3437 2 years ago
Quoted from El_Patron:

So I just set up my Premium, came 8.0. When I select software update it says it is up to date. What am I missing since .81 is the most current? Thanks

I updated mine using WiFi to .81. If you go into the WiFi setup it will offer you the chance to update.

Quoted from kcZ:

my inner loop is pretty consistently SDTM which I figure is by design... not much reason to shoot it and if you accidentally hit it then bam, ball over.

I felt like that may be designed for SDTM, but in checking for level again it did help with drains.

#3438 2 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

I don't know what to think, who really knows. It's a rigged world we live in nowadays.

Have you talked to your distributor about why you aren’t getting one in the first batch?

#3439 2 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I updated mine using WiFi to .81. If you go into the WiFi setup it will offer you the chance to update.

I felt like that may be designed for SDTM, but in checking for level again it did help with drains.

Sorry, I wasn't very clear. I'm in the wifi setup, selected update, it searches and comes back and says you are running .80 the most up to date.

20211124_202725 (resized).jpg20211124_202725 (resized).jpg
#3440 2 years ago
Quoted from El_Patron:

Sorry, I wasn't very clear. I'm in the wifi setup, selected update, it searches and comes back and says you are running .80 the most up to date.
[quoted image]

Did you register your game and get connected to insider connect on you machine?

Mine said the same and I did the other stuff then it worked

#3441 2 years ago

Not sure if this has been discussed. My game seems to add a lot of what I call "extra" balls into the game at various times during my gameplay and I can't seem to figure out if this is random by the game design. Sometimes it seems like they are ball saves.

#3442 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Not sure if this has been discussed. My game seems to add a lot of what I call "extra" balls into the game at various times during my gameplay and I can't seem to figure out if this is random by the game design. Sometimes it seems like they are ball saves. I am going to set up my phone to capture a game to post some clips.

That was happening to me on my pro. Turned out the right inlane and outlane switches were installed reversed.
So the inlane wasn’t advancing the fighter but would spit out a ball save ball instead.

Edit- just watched your video, looks like the you have the same issue. Your right side switches are installed wrong.

#3443 2 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

That was happening to me on my pro. Turned out the right inlane and outlane switches were installed reversed.
So the inlane wasn’t advancing the fighter but would spit out a ball save ball instead.

I knew something seemed odd. Thank you. So it is a wiring problem?

#3444 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Did you register your game and get connected to insider connect on you machine?
Mine said the same and I did the other stuff then it worked

I think I did register, but I will go back, probably missed a step. Thank you

#3445 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

I knew something seemed odd. Thank you. So it is a wiring problem?

No they just put the switches in the wrong lane. You should be able to undo them and swap the lane they’re in. That’s what I did, easier than desoldering the wires.

#3446 2 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

No they just put the switches in the wrong lane. You should be able to undo them and swap the lane they’re in. That’s what I did, easier than desoldering the wires.

Gotcha. Thanks so much. I was watching gameplay videos and did not see this happening. So before I called Stern, figured I ask here. Glad I wasn't the only one.

Edit-Video showing Issue in Test Mode

#3447 2 years ago

Still pretty frustrated with my gate issue. It comes down to the fac that my building isn't going down far enough.

I checked and nothing appears to be blocking its path downward but even after manually moving the pulleys down, it still will not go down far enough to release the balls. This is evident I believe by the bottom tab on the building not being able to make contact with what I'm guessing is a bottom limit switch.

20211124_213556 (resized).jpg20211124_213556 (resized).jpg
#3448 2 years ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

Still pretty frustrated with my gate issue. It comes down to the fac that my building isn't going down far enough.
I checked and nothing appears to be blocking its path downward but even after manually moving the pulleys down, it still will not go down far enough to release the balls. This is evident I believe by the bottom tab on the building not being able to make contact with what I'm guessing is a bottom limit switch.
[quoted image]

Just coming into this post, have you done the software part yet for the stepper motor?

#3449 2 years ago

Thankful for receiving our Premium last night! Set up shaker motor and sub line out before first game and it’s a great experience, had to tweak the treble and bass levels on stock audio settings but finally got it sounding sweet.
The hype is real = the Looney Tunes New Yorker callout voice sticks out like a sore thumb….would be 10x better having a Japanese guy/gal saying those lines in English, or Bryan Cranston(; I’m sure cousin Vinny is a great guy but he would be more fitting in a Space Jam remake!
Diggin this flow monster and can’t wait to dive in over the holidays!

#3450 2 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Thankful for receiving our Premium last night! Set up shaker motor and sub line out before first game and it’s a great experience, had to tweak the treble and bass levels on stock audio settings but finally got it sounding sweet.
The hype is real = the Looney Tunes New Yorker callout voice sticks out like a sore thumb….would be 10x better having a Japanese guy/gal saying those lines in English, or Bryan Cranston(; I’m sure cousin Vinny is a great guy but he would be more fitting in a Space Jam remake!
Diggin this flow monster and can’t wait to dive in over the holidays!

I agree. Once pinbrowser works with this code I’ll replace the fake NY guy with Japanese or something much better

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Chula Vista, CA
$ 19.99
Electronics
GMods

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ScottieIA Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Loveland, CO
There are 27,336 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/69 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.