IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 547.
#3251 2 years ago

I paid for two refrigerators, two stoves and new garage doors since summer with nothing coming until February at the earliest.

#3252 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

If that is true, then the contracts should be re-negotiated along with changes to future contracts. It all works in Stern's favor now, but if they build a reputation of frustration, it will bite them in the ass when demand slows.

This is true.....

#3253 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Hey, I gotta start somewhere!! I have it printed on transparent sheet, higher resolution. Should look better

Ok, Just sharing some ideas. Can't wait to see the final version.

#3254 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

The sad part is all the efforts to get emissions and global warming under control likely will only make a small dent until China (and India) get on board. They are currently the gross polluters of the world and make up 30-35% of the global population.

Yes, but without the rest of the world trying to compensate, it would be much worse. If China/India won't act now (instead of 2050 or 2070 or whatever ridiculous target India pushed for) I think eventually there will be some kind of tax on exports from countries grossly polluting that goes directly into some pollution mitigation fund to reduce pollution from compliant countries even more to offset the resistant polluters.

The irony is we're having this discussion in a thread about a game based on a monster spawned from atomic pollution. I guess Stern can eventually make a game about whatever monster global warming spawns...

#3255 2 years ago

Can we talk more about Godzilla and less about COVID shortages?

I’m counting the days for mine, had a handful of games recently on a Pro and thought it was the perfect mix of vast shot options and not too deep rules. I love that.

#3256 2 years ago

Found some of the playfield artwork online I modified a bit, and using as my wallpaper for my desktop.

gz (resized).jpggz (resized).jpg

Just thought someone else might like it as well.

-Paul

#3257 2 years ago

This frigging game is something else, I kept saying okay 1 more, 1 more...... that was about 3-4 hours ago lol. Now I really need to go and get shit done around the house right after I play 1 more....

Love this machine.

#3258 2 years ago

Got my premium this weekend.
Amazing pin. Zero issues. Absolutely love it.
Big shout out to Elwin, Stern, and company.

#3259 2 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

It's not just Stern. I ordered a new Ford Aug 2nd. Still waiting for it to be built. It's behind schedule. Parts shortages are holding up more than just our pinball machines.

I went to order a ford last week and was told 8 months. Your lucky.

#3260 2 years ago

Broke a plastic under the bridge on a multi ball. So my first question is will Stern replace this? My second question is why is there a ball behind the magnet? I have all 6 balls and I can’t figure out how it could even get in there …

51686931-CD43-43D9-8840-A6AE50322CFA (resized).jpeg51686931-CD43-43D9-8840-A6AE50322CFA (resized).jpeg759761D2-6AC2-460D-8B30-732822CDB9E1 (resized).jpeg759761D2-6AC2-460D-8B30-732822CDB9E1 (resized).jpeg
#3261 2 years ago
Quoted from Nikko:

Broke a plastic under the bridge on a multi ball. So my first question is will Stern replace this? My second question is why is there a ball behind the magnet? I have all 6 balls and I can’t figure out how it could even get in there …[quoted image][quoted image]

It’s supposed to be there.

#3262 2 years ago
Quoted from Nikko:

Broke a plastic under the bridge on a multi ball. So my first question is will Stern replace this? My second question is why is there a ball behind the magnet? I have all 6 balls and I can’t figure out how it could even get in there …[quoted image][quoted image]

That's a captive ball behind the magnet, part of the design. Check your plastic replacements in your goodie bag, if not one in there Stern will send you one.

#3263 2 years ago
Quoted from Nikko:

My second question is why is there a ball behind the magnet?

Kinetic energy ball for the bridge destruction switch.

#3264 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

That's a captive ball behind the magnet, part of the design. Check your plastic replacements in your goodie bag, if not one in there Stern will send you one.

There are no replacement pieces. Just some key chain fobs. I had plastic protectors here before game , was pretty sure stern would not provide any.

#3265 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

There are no replacement pieces. Just some key chain fobs. I had plastic protectors here before game , was pretty sure stern would not provide any.

For the price point of these games nowadays, it’s a bummer they no longer do that.

#3266 2 years ago

Hi....

First.....I like this pin so much... but

for me !! the sound and specally the music from Godzilla is terrible.
Is there a sound mod anywhere ?

#3267 2 years ago
Quoted from Pittfallass:

Hi....
First.....I like this pin so much... but

Did you try the alternate soundtracks included? HYBRID is the default but there are other music options on the system menu.

#3268 2 years ago

A vs video:

#3269 2 years ago

Thanks for the video. I have not played the pro but it very looks nice (every Keith game has a great pro) The pro will be a great value for anyone who didn't want to spend as much as a premium and LE.

#3270 2 years ago
Quoted from Nikko:

IMO half the point of a captive ball is seeing the captive ball, that is a rare miss for me in an otherwise fantastic game.

#3271 2 years ago

The captive ball doesn’t travel a very long distance. It’s more of a method used to have the magnet work as a switch vs a true captive ball.

#3272 2 years ago
Quoted from Pittfallass:

Quoted from PinMonk:

Did you try the alternate soundtracks included? HYBRID is the default but there are other music options on the system menu.

I also have mixed feelings on the music. I like the shooter groove, the shields-down theme, and even the main gameplay tune, but cringe when the cheesy genero-rock tune kicks in for the Ebirah or Titanosaurus battle, for example. I get it, but it's just not my thing and I would rather see a more cohesive style throughout that takes me back to those old films.

I tested out all of the music settings I could find, but setting the music to 'orchestral' instead of hybrid or rock only seems to set which remixes of the main gameplay tune play. Nothing else is affected. I also wish we could change out the new-york-guy with japanese instead of the Xilians.

#3273 2 years ago
Quoted from Nikko:

Of you look at the bridge the right side where drops down it makes contact with the plastic. I noticed this about three days ago there is a small Divet forming in the plastic. My solution is to put a piece of Sorbothane thinly cut as per the pictures to protect the plastic. I love this game so much it is what it is but I highly recommend everybody do something to protect that piece of plastic, take your finger because it is hard to see with the naked eye and just rub it right over where on the right side of the bridge the metal on the bottom of the bridge makes contact and you’ll probably see there is a groove being formed. Hopefully, my machine is an isolated case but I wanted to let everybody know as soon as I discovered this and could get good pictures of it and figure out a repair that I thought would work well, sorbothane is an amazing product.
B95E7048-A889-4934-B0D8-96B16F85808E (resized).jpegB95E7048-A889-4934-B0D8-96B16F85808E (resized).jpegC2DF4B7A-7726-41EC-96D4-DDFA2D9D97C9 (resized).jpegC2DF4B7A-7726-41EC-96D4-DDFA2D9D97C9 (resized).jpeg

#3274 2 years ago

So I have been looking at Tilt graphics ramp decals, is the right ramp supposed to be a roadway to the bridge or railroad? I'm a bit confused on this one lol.

#3275 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

So I have been looking at Tilt graphics ramp decals, is the right ramp supposed to be a roadway to the bridge or railroad? I'm a bit confused on this one lol.

I was wondering the same thing lol

#3276 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

I was wondering the same thing lol

Ditto, I see a subway sign on the left but the right is a mystery

#3277 2 years ago

On playfield I see Kumonga, King Caesar and Hedorah spelled out specifically.
Anyone know if there are plans to add(or if they might already be in somewhere and I just haven't seen) additional monsters to battles or additional allies. Or maybe some separate mode involving them directly.

So exciting to think maybe this game has even further additions to go with additional content as awesome as it already is, I really hope so!

#3278 2 years ago
Quoted from JP76:

To tell your customers to wait until August 2022 for a game that was just announced is ridiculous. If you can’t get product to your customers faster than that, maybe you have overcommitted your production capabilities.

That’s the world we live in currently. Everything is sold out in lots of different industries due to shortages, shipping delays etc. It is what it is.

#3279 2 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Anyone know if there are plans to add(or if they might already be in somewhere and I just haven't seen) additional monsters to battles or additional allies. Or maybe some separate mode involving them directly.
So exciting to think maybe this game has even further additions to go with additional content as awesome as it already is, I really hope so!

I was looking over the playfield closely at the art and found Keith's Boat lol the SS,Elwin.
Not sure how many people have discovered it but its an easter egg on the playfield. I needed glasses to see the writing because it is so small.

#3280 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I think the road looks better.

#3281 2 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I believe on the loserkid podcast, Keith said that they only had certain movies they could use footage from. So what you see is what you get. I was also pretty disappointed that there will not be any Hedorah in the game. But that’s how licensing deals work sometimes…

#3282 2 years ago

If anyone's suffering from a clunky shooter lane (lighter shots seem to bounce off the right wall, then exit the ramp into the mechagodzilla mechanism), I suggest the following:
tweak the ramp. Undo the screw that's visible. Then go under the playfield and undo the nut that secures the ramp in place. Remove the nut and washer and you can then life the ramp off the playfield.
Make sure that you align the edge of the ramp to the metal bracket/wall/return lane that it sits on and then tighten the screw back in just enough to secure it. Don't overtighten it or you may affect the height of the ramp and the way the ball exits.
Once that's tightened, put the nut back on underneath the playfield and give it a try.</blockquote

Got my premium this weekend(game is amazing.) But I too have the clunkiest of clunky soft plunges as well. Hoping that re-aligning the shooter lane ramp as stated here helps? It doesn’t look right to me and kind of surprising it got assembled as such. Has anyone with this issue solved it yet with these suggestions?

Also, recent Stern builds(my Godzilla and also including my EHoH) have issues with the ball trough/kick out. Putting 2 balls in to the shooter lane right out of the box(not magnetized balls). Reseating the molex connectors to the trough sensor board didn’t help. It seems like there’s problems with the coil sleeve to the trough eject coil(sometimes not kicking the ball out enough and it falls back in subsequently kicking out 2 balls the next try) or an issue with the bend/angle of the metal of the trough assembly that the ball hits as it ricochets off it and into the shooter lane. Game is level side to side. Stern tech support has been cool trying to sort out my EHoH issue but a bit disappointed to see it happening again straight out of the box on Godzilla too. Anyone else have this?

#3283 2 years ago

If anyone's suffering from a clunky shooter lane (lighter shots seem to bounce off the right wall, then exit the ramp into the mechagodzilla mechanism), I suggest the following:
tweak the ramp. Undo the screw that's visible. Then go under the playfield and undo the nut that secures the ramp in place. Remove the nut and washer and you can then life the ramp off the playfield.
Make sure that you align the edge of the ramp to the metal bracket/wall/return lane that it sits on and then tighten the screw back in just enough to secure it. Don't overtighten it or you may affect the height of the ramp and the way the ball exits.
Once that's tightened, put the nut back on underneath the playfield and give it a try.</blockquote

Got my premium this weekend(game is amazing.) But I too have the clunkiest of clunky soft plunges as well. Hoping that re-aligning the shooter lane ramp as stated here helps? It doesn’t look right to me and kind of surprising it got assembled as such. Has anyone with this issue solved it yet with these suggestions?

Also, recent Stern builds(my Godzilla and also including my EHoH) have issues with the ball trough/kick out. Putting 2 balls in to the shooter lane right out of the box(not magnetized balls). Reseating the molex connectors to the trough sensor board didn’t help. It seems like there’s problems with the coil sleeve to the trough eject coil(sometimes not kicking the ball out enough and it falls back in subsequently kicking out 2 balls the next try) or an issue with the bend/angle of the metal of the trough assembly that the ball hits as it ricochets off it and into the shooter lane. Game is level side to side. Stern tech support has been cool trying to sort out my EHoH issue but a bit disappointed to see it happening again straight out of the box on Godzilla too. Anyone else have this?

696929A1-D56B-4ACD-9AFC-F5E370A7B028 (resized).jpeg696929A1-D56B-4ACD-9AFC-F5E370A7B028 (resized).jpeg
#3284 2 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Yes my soft plunges are clunky AF. If you figure it out please let me know

F61F17D2-7541-42EC-822B-C9207C81DA87 (resized).jpegF61F17D2-7541-42EC-822B-C9207C81DA87 (resized).jpeg
#3285 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

I believe on the loserkid podcast, Keith said that they only had certain movies they could use footage from. So what you see is what you get. I was also pretty disappointed that there will not be any Hedorah in the game. But that’s how licensing deals work sometimes…

Kumonga is on one of the plunger skill shots I think

#3286 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

Also, recent Stern builds(my Godzilla and also including my EHoH) have issues with the ball trough/kick out. Putting 2 balls in to the shooter lane right out of the box(not magnetized balls). Reseating the molex connectors to the trough sensor board didn’t help. It seems like there’s problems with the coil sleeve to the trough eject coil(sometimes not kicking the ball out enough and it falls back in subsequently kicking out 2 balls the next try) or an issue with the bend/angle of the metal of the trough assembly that the ball hits as it ricochets off it and into the shooter lane. Game is level side to side. Stern tech support has been cool trying to sort out my EHoH issue but a bit disappointed to see it happening again straight out of the box on Godzilla too. Anyone else have this? [quoted image]

Best thing to do is start logging issues. I have a notepad for when/if these items happen to me. Only had shooter issue once, and not again. Have other issues, so yes, this issue is concerning along with the others right out of the gate for Stern.

#3287 2 years ago

What # is this post? I'dike to adjust as well. Thx

#3288 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

What # is this post? I'dike to adjust as well. Thx

Apologies, forgot to share that. It’s post #3144:

“If anyone's suffering from a clunky shooter lane (lighter shots seem to bounce off the right wall, then exit the ramp into the mechagodzilla mechanism), I suggest the following:
Once that's tightened, put the nut back on underneath the playfield and give it a try.”

#3289 2 years ago

Looks like I'm #57 on my distributor's waitlist and even a march delivery isn't guaranteed now. Ugg. If anyone has a heads up on spring premium inventory please PM me. In the meantime I will just remain jelly.

#3290 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I also have mixed feelings on the music. I like the shooter groove, the shields-down theme, and even the main gameplay tune, but cringe when the cheesy genero-rock tune kicks in for the Ebirah or Titanosaurus battle, for example. I get it, but it's just not my thing and I would rather see a more cohesive style throughout that takes me back to those old films.
I tested out all of the music settings I could find, but setting the music to 'orchestral' instead of hybrid or rock only seems to set which remixes of the main gameplay tune play. Nothing else is affected. I also wish we could change out the new-york-guy with japanese instead of the Xilians.

Yea sorry I totally disagree. The rock music makes the pin for me

#3291 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballfantexas:

2nd) My shooter rod is hitting the auto launcher and is not center to the shooter lane. Are stern plungers adjustable?

Pinballfantexas I think I'm having the same issue... Were you able to center your plunger?

#3292 2 years ago

Is anybody offering a full set of plastic protectors for this yet? Upper playfield plastics as well as lower.

#3293 2 years ago
Quoted from Tokkentakker:

Is anybody offering a full set of plastic protectors for this yet? Upper playfield plastics as well as lower.

Playfield-protectors.com in Germany has a set, that are cut the same dimensions as the existing plastics... Have a set coming in next week, I'll post pictures when I get them...

#3294 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Playfield-protectors.com in Germany has a set, that are cut the same dimensions as the existing plastics... Have a set coming in next week, I'll post pictures when I get them...

These pf protectors...how much does it change game play, or is it hardly noticeable?

#3295 2 years ago

I think the Gameplay is not affected much. What i highly dislike about PF protectors is the different tactical feedback of the rolling ball on wood. This is the main reason i avoid these. I dont mind however a slight resell value decrease.

#3296 2 years ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

These pf protectors...how much does it change game play, or is it hardly noticeable?

i have one on my EHOH, and noticed zero difference.

#3297 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Yea sorry I totally disagree. The rock music makes the pin for me

Well, you already shared your opinion many times in this thread, so I hope it's ok that I shared mine. Music is highly subjective.

#3298 2 years ago

There seems to be some disagreement around rock music for pinball. Perhaps it would be less controversial if Stern tried out a different genre, such as classical or easy listening. Beethoven pin anyone?

#3299 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Well, you already shared your opinion many times in this thread, so I hope it's ok that I shared mine. Music is highly subjective.

Maybe I’m neurotic but I want to make sure no one from stern sees comments like yours and decides to remove rock music in future updates! Give me more!

#3300 2 years ago

can't imagine i'll need another machine for two...three days tops

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 19.99
Electronics
GMods

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ScottieIA Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dacula, GA
Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/66?hl=good-times and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.