Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
4A684A67-61F1-4FF0-8236-BF6E38F58AE9 (resized).jpeg
pinside.66273470719090863a8972d23c0880d26136302f (resized).jpg
E8926C7A-0B80-451C-BFC6-B6F8BA766F07 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,296 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 546.
#3151 2 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

Aerosmith dumps the balls from the toy box after the game ends BUT…you need to wait a few seconds before you start a new game. If you wait, does it release the balls?

My Premium does. Conveniently timed for when Minilla blows his smoke ring number!

#3152 2 years ago
Quoted from PinHacks:

Ever since updating my LE to .81 over WiFi, the game loses track of any balls locked on top of the building if your game ends while they're up there. Trying to start another game initiates a ball search and they're found. Anyone else seeing this? Is there a setting for purging locked ball at game over?

We noticed last night on .81 playing two player it gave me Godzilla MB when I locked the second ball but the other player already had 2 up there. Then I lost two of them, locked one more and got it again. Lol

So I do think there are a few bugs in there re: ball locks in .81.

#3153 2 years ago

Sorry if this has been asked and answered before, but what is the wire guide behind Mechzilla for? Strange to have an unused part on the playfield

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3154 2 years ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

Sorry if this has been asked and answered before, but what is the wire guide behind Mechzilla for? Strange to have an unused part on the playfield[quoted image]

Just check with glass off and a ball if there is a ball trap without it.

#3155 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Two questions about how this was meant to play, going to a friends to help him tune his-
Tail whip lane return, mine typically comes to my left flipper (I believe that’s the way it’s designed). My buddy’s machine it seems to hit the top of the right sling rubber and come down to the flippers differently every time (not real predictable). Not sure what the fix would be here (unless I can bend the lane return guide).
Scoop eject - mine hits my left flipper every time and I can’t deadflip it over the right flipper, will roll up the inlane a bit and right back down to the right flipper for a controlled shot. On his machine it shoots out so hard that a deadflip put it back to the right sling, which is dangerous. Maybe just turn down the scoop coil?

Tailwhip return can hit the sling on my Pro, depending on ball speed. I wish it was consistent like yours.

Scoop eject probably just needs the coil strength dialed in, as you suspected.

#3156 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Tail whip lane return, mine typically comes to my left flipper (I believe that’s the way it’s designed). My buddy’s machine it seems to hit the top of the right sling rubber and come down to the flippers differently every time (not real predictable). Not sure what the fix would be here (unless I can bend the lane return guide).

FWIW - Tail whip returns to the left flipper every time on mine and the one I played on location.

#3157 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

FWIW - Tail whip returns to the left flipper every time on mine and the one I played on location.

Same here. And if you cradle left flip it rolls easy back to right flipper

#3158 2 years ago

My tail whip is 50-50, I don’t care as it’s easy to control either way

#3159 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I just defeated Gigan, advanced to New York, started a new battle, but no tier 2 battles were available…

So I was able to get to tier 2 after beating a monster in Tokyo (might have been Megalon, I forget), switching city, starting Ebirah (I could still only do tier 1 at that point) and getting 3/4 done against Ebirah then before that battle timed out. Hit the scoop again after the time out to start a battle again, and instead of restarting Ebirah I was able to choose tier 2. I believe the key was getting a monster at least half done, in a new city. I think ultimately starting tier 2 without finishing that tier 1 battle ceded control of the city to Ebirah, so I probably should have finished him off first, but I wanted to try a tier 2...

#3160 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

If anyone's suffering from a clunky shooter lane (lighter shots seem to bounce off the right wall, then exit the ramp into the mechagodzilla mechanism), I suggest the following:
tweak the ramp. Undo the screw that's visible. Then go under the playfield and undo the nut that secures the ramp in place. Remove the nut and washer and you can then life the ramp off the playfield.
Make sure that you align the edge of the ramp to the metal bracket/wall/return lane that it sits on and then tighten the screw back in just enough to secure it. Don't overtighten it or you may affect the height of the ramp and the way the ball exits.
Once that's tightened, put the nut back on underneath the playfield and give it a try.

Yes my soft plunges are clunky AF. If you figure it out please let me know

#3161 2 years ago

For those who installed Pinwoofer kits, there seem to be two different amp kits. Which one did you guys install?

Thanks

#3162 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

For those who installed Pinwoofer kits, there seem to be two different amp kits. Which one did you guys install?
Thanks

The PinWoofer GT kit

#3163 2 years ago

Is there an option in the settings to get an extra ball at certain points level? I didn't see anything. on .81

#3164 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

My tail whip is 50-50, I don’t care as it’s easy to control either way

Call me stupid but what exactly is the tail whip. Is it directional? I had a great game and in total 1 tail whip...(great game for me w/350mil)...I still suck...don't judge me LOL

Still asking about tail whip incase I have an issue with a switch etc...

Thanks in advance

#3165 2 years ago

Well... That was one hell of a ball 1!

PXL_20211120_230032831 (resized).jpgPXL_20211120_230032831 (resized).jpg
#3166 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Thanks

On pinwoofers site, there is a comparison of the 2 amps. I have the gt in zepp and gnr and a ko in Godzilla and happy with both models.

#3167 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Well... That was one hell of a ball 1!
[quoted image]

Love the new city screen info on how many of whichever to go

#3168 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

On pinwoofers site, there is a comparison of the 2 amps. I have the gt in zepp and gnr and a ko in Godzilla and happy with both models.

From what I read the KO is fine for the newer pins.

#3169 2 years ago

Just installed my shaker motor in my Godzilla. I don't usually love these, but for this game it really is a must own. It adds to the immersion in a way that really works with the theme.

#3170 2 years ago

Our house shakes with the shaker motor (1920's, wood floor, etc). Really adds to the game in a big big way when Godzilla is stomping around. Looking forward to adding a subwoofer to the party.

#3171 2 years ago

Not sure I'm ever going to top this one!!!

What a blast!

PXL_20211121_032010248 (resized).jpgPXL_20211121_032010248 (resized).jpg
#3172 2 years ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

Call me stupid but what exactly is the tail whip. Is it directional? I had a great game and in total 1 tail whip...(great game for me w/350mil)...I still suck...don't judge me LOL
Still asking about tail whip incase I have an issue with a switch etc...
Thanks in advance

The insert that says tail whip points to the lane above mechagodzilla (also the shooter lane exit).
It's my understanding that if you make an upper loop and chain it into the tailwhip shot, that you score double.

#3173 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

I mean… I can understand mild touch-ups in the name of sales, but WTF. Anybody that owns one is going to see how stupid that is right away. How is that possibly smart business?

That did that with GnR as well… I like the pinstadium product on my B/W games (that really need them) but games like GnR and Godzilla are incredibly bright. Im not sure how pinstadium is even able to find pictures when it’s so dim…they must wait till the game is doing a lighting effect when everything is off and snap it then.

#3174 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

How much better did it make Godzilla? Mine is shipping Monday.

#3175 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

The insert that says tail whip points to the lane above mechagodzilla (also the shooter lane exit).
It's my understanding that if you make an upper loop and chain it into the tailwhip shot, that you score double.

Lol...I'm trying to figure out where it is in the upper playfield....I was miles away

Thanks man...still laughing at myself

#3176 2 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Yes my soft plunges are clunky AF. If you figure it out please let me know

I would start by checking to ensure the shooter rod is centered. Then check to see if the plunger tip is on straight. (Twist the shooter rod to see if the tip looks like it's wobbling). If those are both good, the next step I would check is to ensure a medium+ powered plunge has the ball rocketing past mechagodzilla, likely hitting the bridge, give or take.
If that's all happening, and you're just seeing lightly plunged balls hitting the right wall, then bouncing left into Mechagodzilla, I would suggest it's all to do with that ramp.
I had luck today by removing mine, using a pair of needle nose pliers, covering the ramp with a cloth to avoid scratching it, and then straightening the bend in it. Then I bent it back, but not perpendicular to the ball path. I started the bend on the left side a little lower than on the right side. The idea being that as the ball travels up the ramp, it would have more resistance from the right side, keeping it off that right wall.
Hope that's useful? (ie: bend the ramp at about a 30 degree angle. and only a very slight bend.)

#3177 2 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

How much better did it make Godzilla? Mine is shipping Monday.

Oh. About 100% is all. you can hear and feel gz stomping

#3178 2 years ago

DIY Pedal mod instructions are up for Godzilla/BK:SoR (and really any machine with an action button, if you want):

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/action-button-foot-pedal-for-bksor-godzilla-etc#post-6616394

#3179 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

It is called a super tail whip when you loop first in the call outs.

#3180 2 years ago

I'm learning Japanese

JAKKOPOTTO!

#3181 2 years ago

Is Keith Elwin in the game? I love his cameo in fear of the dark in IM and on the computer in JP

Here’s an idea, replace the xilians “animation” with the whole game design crew costume

#3182 2 years ago

Ordered my Premium September 16th for a January delivery. Just informed I'm #%&* out of luck and allocations are cut and maybe I'll get one next August. Anyone else get the great news and how do they keep dropping new products when can't fulfill past orders. Yes, I get the whole supply chain issue but pros are still being run and available 1st quarter. I'm sure by next August there will be one or two additional releases also. Tad frustrated here and maybe some of you know way more then I do.

#3183 2 years ago
Quoted from CoreyG:

Ordered my Premium September 16th for a January delivery. Just informed I'm #%&* out of luck and allocations are cut and maybe I'll get one next August. Anyone else get the great news and how do they keep dropping new products when can't fulfill past orders. Yes, I get the whole supply chain issue but pros are still being run and available 1st quarter. I'm sure by next August there will be one or two additional releases also. Tad frustrated here and maybe some of you know way more then I do.

Look at it this way. You’ll get to spend 8 months excited for something truly amazing! And when you get it the code will be shaken out, as there are definitely issues.

I know it sucks, but I think you’ll find it worth the wait!

#3184 2 years ago
Quoted from CoreyG:

That doesn’t make any sense, if you ordered that early and didn’t get in on the first run then you should definitely be on the second run of premiums slated to ship in March. I would find another distribution as there’s plenty who can get you on the second run of premiums.

#3185 2 years ago

When I inquired in late October, it was estimated to be ~July 2022 for a Premium, or could get a Pro in a couple of weeks. I'm thinking now that even July would have been wishful thinking. The Premium upgrades may be worth the extra $$$, but that doesn't mean much if they aren't going to be available over the next year, with the exception of a lucky few. Stern really should catch up on past orders before announcing any more new titles.

#3186 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

That doesn’t make any sense, if you ordered that early and didn’t get in on the first run then you should definitely be on the second run of premiums slated to ship in March. I would find another distribution as there’s plenty who can get you on the second run of premiums.

You say there are plenty who can get people into a second run when demand is sky high and supply is limited. My distributor said August also and even if another distributor claimed they had a March spot available it's just a projection at this point and not a guarantee.

#3187 2 years ago

Lots of day 1 orders are getting pushed into March, so a lot of March orders are getting pushed into August. I fully agree that Stern should catch up before releasing yet another new pinball. Stern please keep your customers happy, not frustrated.

#3188 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

You say there are plenty who can get people into a second run when demand is sky high and supply is limited. My distributor said August also and even if another distributor claimed they had a March spot available it's just a projection at this point and not a guarantee.

Agreed there’s no guarantee, the distributors are just telling us what Stern is telling them. And supply chain issues coupled with inflation is bound to keep pushing things back.

Just saying that with a few phone calls you could easily find some March run spots…

#3189 2 years ago

If you do find a dealer claiming to have March run slots - ask them how many they have been allocated and what position you would be in. If you are near the end of the allocation, chances are high you'll get bumped to August. Allocations are optimistic and often not met, especially lately. A total of 11 people got bumped from the November run at my dealer - that means 11 people that thought they were getting one in March are bumped to August even before the anticipated shortage in March. There will be cancellations for sure, but still...

#3190 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

This game really is The only thing that for whatever reason bothers me is the guy doing the callouts with the New York accent. I feel like it doesn't really fit.

Me as well. I wish there was a way to turn off the Bugs Bunny voice, "shoot the wamps to start a battle".

#3191 2 years ago
Quoted from CoreyG:

That sucks. This happened to me with Mando. Stern is losing customers to all this frustration. That said, the demand for Stern product is through the moon so they are likely fine losing a few customers…they view us as addicts that can’t really stay away anyway.

I think Rush is barely going to move any games, the LEa will of course sell out but overall I think itll sell worse than BK:SOR. This will allow Stern to catch up a bit but if they are really 12,500 orders backlogged as is being reported…

At least pinball is super healthy right now.

#3192 2 years ago

Playing my game this weekend I’ve have a recurring issue during multiballs where a ball gets stuck under MG’s arm. It doesn’t appear to be from airballs but during the mania of those MB modes it’s hard to tell. I’ve also noticed some violent ball action from the auto launcher which I actually believe is the cause of the issue while balls are reloading during MB. I’ve moved the auto launch setting in the game menu down to 115 from the 150 default and so far things seem better. Maybe keep this in mind if you have this issue.

159D76FF-BE08-4E6B-91BC-D6DEDDA3848A (resized).jpeg159D76FF-BE08-4E6B-91BC-D6DEDDA3848A (resized).jpeg
#3193 2 years ago
Quoted from CoreyG:

They are contractually obligated to release the new titles. It is a licensing issue.

#3194 2 years ago

That is my issue, I was basically in on day one or two. Had a spot and now told maybe August with no mention of a possible second run spot .If a second March run is actually in the works why wouldn't I and others that were bumped be put into that release? So basically if distros are taking orders for August and we are not officially in that order run we get bumped again? Stern needs to work this out.

#3195 2 years ago
Quoted from gamera9:

They are contractually obligated to release the new titles. It is a licensing issue.

If that is true, then the contracts should be re-negotiated along with changes to future contracts. It all works in Stern's favor now, but if they build a reputation of frustration, it will bite them in the ass when demand slows.

#3196 2 years ago

It is a really good game. I haven't played anything
else since, I got it.

51C4JGCV8SL (resized).jpg51C4JGCV8SL (resized).jpg

#3197 2 years ago

“Pretty good” … understatement of the year

#3198 2 years ago
Quoted from gamera9:

Contracts can be redone. They tend to have long windows when games can be done. They secure a right (like a hold), then later secure an execution deal.

Its not uncommon for games to move around when they actually will get done (it happened to Godzilla too).

Stern needs to slow down - and certainly not put things off for another rock pin

#3199 2 years ago

I've been messing around with a few different Godzilla figures and worked on this one for the past day. I just thought with all the burning buildings it might be cool to see Godzilla spreading some fire blasts. Nothing set in stone yet and testing the circuit for the flame effects LED's which is currently hooked to the GI's.

#3200 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

It all works in Stern's favor now, but if they build a reputation of frustration, it will bite them in the ass when demand slows.

No it won't. People will still buy from them, just as they are now. They're selling pins as fast as they can make them. It really sucks for they buyer, but that's the current new pin market we are now in.

Just my .02

-Paul

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Chula Vista, CA
$ 210.00
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,296 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 546.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/64?hl=drain-o and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.