IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,369 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 548.
#3001 2 years ago

Can’t register my fucking game I hate this shit

#3002 2 years ago

Did the update this afternoon and everything worked fine. Played about 15 games, no problem. Then in the middle of a game the lower portion of the playfield went out - flippers and all the lights from the middle down. Is this a software update issue?

#3003 2 years ago

When you combine a sub, and the shaker, you really elevate the game as Godzilla walking through your room
Killer!!! add them....You won't regret

#3004 2 years ago
Quoted from Nikko:

Did the update this afternoon and everything worked fine. Played about 15 games, no problem. Then in the middle of a game the lower portion of the playfield went out - flippers and all the lights from the middle down. Is this a software update issue?

Sounds like a node board issue

#3005 2 years ago

Almost finished my trim set for Godzilla and looking really nice.
Oversize Protectors in Flo Green
Custom Coindoor plate with LE number
Shooter plate
Flipper toppers
Lockdown bar button plaque.
Hope you like them.

E921DF39-D499-4B1B-921D-9F5DADB80A0B (resized).jpegE921DF39-D499-4B1B-921D-9F5DADB80A0B (resized).jpegCA9E474E-A10B-41FA-80F6-6869D6C7408F (resized).jpegCA9E474E-A10B-41FA-80F6-6869D6C7408F (resized).jpegC5A4E4A2-2597-45AF-BF1F-0419BAE653C7 (resized).jpegC5A4E4A2-2597-45AF-BF1F-0419BAE653C7 (resized).jpeg51543D05-2DD1-449C-B9BD-66A47DD80C1F (resized).jpeg51543D05-2DD1-449C-B9BD-66A47DD80C1F (resized).jpeg4D0AE41E-C440-4E96-A3E4-229952B981E6 (resized).jpeg4D0AE41E-C440-4E96-A3E4-229952B981E6 (resized).jpeg3BBABA2D-4132-4290-B341-58C2384D0C00 (resized).jpeg3BBABA2D-4132-4290-B341-58C2384D0C00 (resized).jpeg01C847B6-FC0F-49AD-A367-88F576CD67CE (resized).jpeg01C847B6-FC0F-49AD-A367-88F576CD67CE (resized).jpeg

#3006 2 years ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

When you combine a sub, and the shaker, you really elevate the game as Godzilla walking through your room
Killer!!! add them....You won't regret

Pinwoofer has the line out connection for sub. That’s next.

#3007 2 years ago

This is silly I tried to register my machine but used the wrong country and it game me an error and now I can’t register my machine

#3008 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

After the update my building doesn't go down far enough to release the balls ?

Never mind cable was causing it to bind

#3009 2 years ago
Quoted from Colywobbles:

Shooter plate
Flipper toppers
Hope you like them.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice job! Looks great

#3010 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

This is silly I tried to register my machine but used the wrong country and it game me an error and now I can’t register my machine

Ha Ha

#3011 2 years ago

Holy crap just played the updated code wow I’m speechless. This is the best game I have ever played hands down and I’m not just saying that because it’s new and the latest thing.

#3012 2 years ago

I figured out how to register my game and started to download new code.
It seems to be taking a long time. Do I need to leave the game on while updating via WiFi?
I’m falling asleep!!

#3013 2 years ago
Quoted from gipinball:

I figured out how to register my game and started to download new code.
It seems to be taking a long time. Do I need to leave the game on while updating via WiFi?
I’m falling asleep!!

Yes, it has to be on. Just do it the old-fashioned way via USB if the wifi is taking too long. But even then with downloading, transferring to usb and then updating the code, it's probably an hour process.

#3014 2 years ago
Quoted from Colywobbles:Almost finished my trim set for Godzilla and looking really nice.
Shooter plate
Flipper toppers
Hope you like them.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great. Where did you get that shooter plate from?

#3015 2 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

Anyone know any likely locations to have one of these 3/4 inch to maybe 1 inch long hex posts come loose from?
Was playing a multi-ball and this came rolling down the Playfield, but I can't spot where it's from. Two of these are under the clear plastic near the Mazer canon area, and two more under similar clear plastic just to the right of the right ramp - but those are all in place...[quoted image]

There is a hex post that is simply screwed to the bottom of the plastic surrounding Godzilla
See my circle and look under that screw head. Should be a hex post under that

IMG_4353 (resized).jpgIMG_4353 (resized).jpg
#3016 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Looks great. Where did you get that shooter plate from?

Colin makes all that stuff.

#3017 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Colin makes all that stuff.

Ok. Sorry but who Collin?

#3018 2 years ago

So one minor “complaint” about code/rules.

It’s a lot of fun to work to get Gigan started together with jets and also with lock lit so the building is down and you can just loop the right ramp for both Gigan and jet shots. So it’s a bummer if Gigan ends first and the building raises for Destruction JP while you’re still going after a couple more jets.

Seems like it might be nice for the Destruction JP light to wait until no other modes are running.

#3019 2 years ago

My 'zilla is schedule to arrive tomorrow, but the tracking says it's been sitting in the same spot 500+ miles away since Monday night. I'm starting to think it's going to be a disappointing weekend...

#3020 2 years ago

#295 checking in, some minor cosmetic stuff I'll deal with in the morning.
You really do have to see it with your eyes to appreciate the art package.
Backglass is so much better than pics look.
Tonight I'm playing pinball.........

IMG_9738 (resized).JPGIMG_9738 (resized).JPG
#3021 2 years ago

Left ramp through the building down the bridge to the magnet feeding the loop shot brilliantly executed. The shots are so butter.

D9CC007D-FD41-466B-957E-5F7A598866BD (resized).pngD9CC007D-FD41-466B-957E-5F7A598866BD (resized).png
#3022 2 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Emailing Stern is like throwing a envelope in the mail without an address. I rarely ever hear anything from them.

I’m not sure how you are emailing them, but I couldn’t disagree more. I actually feel bad that Pablo responds to my questions so quickly. I have had absolutely insane service levels with Stern. I hope you can get to the right people because the support I have received is way beyond my expectation.

#3023 2 years ago
Quoted from TrixTrix:

Go to Service Menu->Net->Insider Connected. Scan your player QR code to register the game to your account. Then you need to complete the registration on the web site. Log into your account there should be a notice regarding completing registration for a game. Select the complete registration, be sure to scroll to the bottom of the screen (if on mobile) to select the complete registration button.

This should be a key post (so I can refer to it when my Premium finally arrives), but I don't know how to make a key post.

#3024 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Does anyone know how I can end a game in progress?

In the past there was an option to long press left flipper + start and it would restart the game. Is that no longer available?

#3025 2 years ago
Quoted from mahony:

In the past there was an option to long press left flipper + start and it would restart the game. Is that no longer available?

Not on by default, but it's there. I turned that on with my GZ

#3026 2 years ago

Played the pro today for the first time…..only a few games….but enjoyed it a lot.

Have to admit I was surprised at how “empty” it felt. Only one ramp. No bash toy or anything interactive at all really.

But Elwin has a way of making incredibly satisfying layouts from nothing. The use of the single random pop bumper instead of a useless “nest”. The magnet is really clever. Unconventional yet well thought out shots all over the playfield. And of course his famous wireforms make all the difference. Yeti’s art works beautifully.

The theme, the asset use and humour are all great.

All combined an “empty” game feels loaded. Can’t wait for my LE to get here.

#3027 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Ok. Sorry but who Collin?

The guy who posted the pictures!

He does some great stuff.

#3028 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Only one ramp.

Two ramps. The other is hidden in the left corner and is a switchback ramp that feeds the left habitrail.

Quoted from cooked71:

No bash toy or anything interactive at all really.

The building entrance is a bash toy. The optos are placed ahead of the rubber bumpers on the left and right of the building entrance, so rejected shots that aren't shot through the building smoothly still register as a bash. Magna grab is a newton ball, too, so kind of a bash toy.

Quoted from cooked71:

All combined an “empty” game feels loaded. Can’t wait for my LE to get here.

It's really one of the best pins at release. Software is really mature for 0.81.

A recent gripe that I thought I was imagining is the video compression being a LOT worse than other recent titles. Turns out, it objectively IS. I happened to let the attract mode run when I was working on something else and caught the play demo, which is a LOT uglier and DEFINITELY more compressed than prior recent Spike games' play demo with the exact same game demo footage (how to insert money, start a game, shoot a ball, flip a flipper, etc). Gross. Dial it back a few notches, Stern.

#3029 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

That is a great idea. Who is the best vendor to buy this from and what color through lighting looks best in this game?

Red is what you want for the trough and backboard. The stock trough lights go out during certain modes when the red gi lighting comes on. We offer interactive red trough and backboard lights that come on during these modes and are generally off otherwise.

https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/godzilla-pinball-interactive-gi-led-strip-backboard-light-kit.

#3030 2 years ago
Quoted from horse_cop:

I've got a dolly and a strap. Still kinda nervous getting the thing inside and set up. Any advice?

This video will help, too.

For the part where the second guy comes in to lift up the machine and install the back legs...a lot of people use a high stool instead.

#3031 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Not sure trough lights are needed on this game, it has bright lights in the apron, behind each flipper. I think someone makes a filter to slip in there to change colors if desired, cant remember who tho.

Just go onto Amazon and buy something like these and cut them into 1.5" or 2" squares and tape them on the inside of your apron covering the light holes.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PY7NBST/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1

#3032 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Two ramps. The other is hidden in the left corner and is a switchback ramp that feeds the left habitrail.

The building entrance is a bash toy. The optos are placed ahead of the rubber bumpers on the left and right of the building entrance, so rejected shots that aren't shot through the building smoothly still register as a bash. Magna grab is a newton ball, too, so kind of a bash toy.

It's really one of the best pins at release. Software is really mature for 0.81.
A recent gripe that I thought I was imagining is the video compression being a LOT worse than other recent titles. Turns out, it objectively IS. I happened to let the attract mode run when I was working on something else and caught the play demo, which is a LOT uglier and DEFINITELY more compressed than prior recent Spike games' play demo with the exact same game demo footage (how to insert money, start a game, shoot a ball, flip a flipper, etc). Gross. Dial it back a few notches, Stern.

I don’t know about you guys but I’d consider the mechagodzilla shield target a bash toy of sorts. I mean it’s a spinning ramp spinner target bash mech no? Also empty? Three spinners two ramps an amazing ball diverting building mech that changes the shots and freaking collapsing bridge diverter and first ever mangna grab magnet with captive ball target behind it! Empty…wtf!

#3033 2 years ago

FYI: I Installed @tdiddy’s “Tesla Strike” towers on my GZLE. They look absolutely incredible and really complete the look of the game. This is a “must have” mod in my opinion.

3C423A69-47C4-4ED5-9D14-3A3A47C02EEF (resized).jpeg3C423A69-47C4-4ED5-9D14-3A3A47C02EEF (resized).jpegED64F1C2-9E32-4001-B833-05F5E5FCF21E (resized).jpegED64F1C2-9E32-4001-B833-05F5E5FCF21E (resized).jpeg
#3034 2 years ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

I don’t know about you guys but I’d consider the mechagodzilla shield target a bash toy of sorts.

I would consider him a bash toy. You're definitely bashing the ball into him. And he's got a magnet on his belly that holds the ball.

#3035 2 years ago

Can someone remind me with a link where to buy the tesla strike. Is it on pinside shop?

#3036 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

FYI: I Installed tdiddy’s “Tesla Strike” towers on my GZLE. They look absolutely incredible and really complete the look of the game. This is a “must have” mod in my opinion.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I really like this mod, but i'm afraid it blocks the view of mothra...how does it look from the playing angle?

#3037 2 years ago
Quoted from Colywobbles:

Shooter plate
Flipper toppers
Hope you like them.

Nice! Are you going to be selling these?

#3038 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

I really like this mod, but i'm afraid it blocks the view of mothra...how does it look from the playing angle?

The mod doesn’t block the player’s view of anything. You can pretty much see through them. One of them is in front of Mothra however from the player’s perspective, so it does partially block the view.

#3039 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

I installed them also and they look great. I dont think they block too much.
One thing to not though is that in the install video the back right tower is oriented vertically, I like how crwjumper has his lined up.

Also, be gentle. I had to glue a piece back on and crunched some of the tower beams when rotating it too hard. My fault though. They are well made.

#3040 2 years ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Holy crap just played the updated code wow I’m speechless. This is the best game I have ever played hands down and I’m not just saying that because it’s new and the latest thing.

I say that to myself every time i open up a NIB game. . But Godzilla is right up there with and maybe better than JP, EHOH, ST, AIQ, BM, TWD, GB, IMDN, TBL, Alien and many others.

#3041 2 years ago
Quoted from MarklarD:

I installed them also and they look great. I dont think they block too much.
One thing to not though is that in the install video the back right tower is oriented vertically, I like how crwjumper has his lined up.

Thanks. I used 3M double-sided tape instead of the suggested screw mounting.

#3042 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Can someone remind me with a link where to buy the tesla strike. Is it on pinside shop?

Search Pinsiders for “TDiddy”. He has a shop.

#3043 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Search Pinsiders for “TDiddy”. He has a shop.

hrm its not listed on his shop. Any help tdiddy ?

#3044 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

hrm its not listed on his shop. Any help tdiddy ?

Just P.M. him.

#3045 2 years ago
Quoted from spblat:

I don't mod much anymore since becoming an operator but I think the speaker kit I ordered with the 10" sub is going to fit this game nicely. I'm probably going to need a shaker too.
[quoted image]

Most public places I play, the sound is so low I cant hear the game anyways. I'm so happy to hear about an operator caring about sound. Kudos.

(I'm still waiting for mine... it's spring for me I think.)

#3046 2 years ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

I don’t know about you guys but I’d consider the mechagodzilla shield target a bash toy of sorts. I mean it’s a spinning ramp spinner target bash mech no? Also empty? Three spinners two ramps an amazing ball diverting building mech that changes the shots and freaking collapsing bridge diverter and first ever mangna grab magnet with captive ball target behind it! Empty…wtf!

The empty quote was in reference to the pro version

#3047 2 years ago

I can see the "empty" criticism, but I have to say I'm loving my Pro. Its nice to have a fairly open middle playfield with the shots pushed out and back - makes it a real shooters game with shots that feel far away imo.

I think I probably will add that tesla strike tower mod, along with a bridge. I think having a bridge model will make the magna grab shot feel more like you're bashing the bridge, even if it doesn't move. That shot is a little flat feeling or something as-is - I'm not getting Keith's patented "kinetic satisfaction" with that shot currently.

#3048 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:So one minor “complaint” about code/rules.
It’s a lot of fun to work to get Gigan started together with jets and also with lock lit so the building is down and you can just loop the right ramp for both Gigan and jet shots. So it’s a bummer if Gigan ends first and the building raises for Destruction JP while you’re still going after a couple more jets.
Seems like it might be nice for the Destruction JP light to wait until no other modes are running.

Except while you can loop the tight ramp repeatedly- you will not get combo values for it.

Destruction jp is worth more now than your free jets shots. Make the upper spinner instead

#3049 2 years ago
Quoted from mahony:

Would you mind grabbing the make/model number off of your wifi module with antennas? I was thinking that if your model with the antennas has a greater signal, then we may be able to swap the small one with no antennas out for the better one. If the code is the same worldwide then the drivers should already be in the code, right? Am I missing something?

a3b2732fed3e699604b8024cf38bf55794efab94_2_690x448 (resized).jpega3b2732fed3e699604b8024cf38bf55794efab94_2_690x448 (resized).jpeg

#3050 2 years ago

I just got the call from FedEx...my premium is getting delivered on Monday. Thanks to Rob at MadPinball for staying on top of it and being an excellent communicator. I won't be able to unbox it or play it until next weekend, but I'm excited!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

16,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,369 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/61?hl=txcoastal1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.