PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 548.
#201 2 years ago

Payment for my LE was officially received! I'm in the club, and these guys are ready to be the topper.

20210922_160902 (resized).jpg20210922_160902 (resized).jpg

(They're actually not.)

#202 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I'd sure be looking into a different distro next time. That's bonkers. Unless they just got *zero* allocation from the first run of premiums.

It’s one of the bigger distributors so I don’t know what happened but I am pretty annoyed.

#203 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

Dang I reached out to my distributor in June to get a spot for Godzilla Premium. I have already paid in full but found out today I won’t even be in the first run and should expect 2022. That’s a huge bummer, I wonder just how early these orders started filling up.

Thats strange that you had to pull down full payment up front. I'm on the early 2022 run as well but I don't have to put down anything for deposit.

On the bright side, it gives Stern time to flush out the issues with the first run so there's a positive to waiting!

#204 2 years ago

Dang I reached out to my distributor in June to get a spot for Godzilla Premium. I have already paid in full but found out today I won’t even be in the first run and should expect 2022. That’s a huge bummer, I wonder just how early these orders started filling up.

That sounds shady to be honest…paid in full in June and on a later run?

#205 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

That sounds shady to be honest…paid in full in June and on a later run?

Catch the new fish now, they may swim away. Make the fish already swimming in your pond wait cuz their already caught. Happened to me numerous times that why I now swim in the ocean.

#206 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:It’s one of the bigger distributors so I don’t know what happened but I am pretty annoyed.

They shouldn’t have taken payment on a game that didn’t exist. I would call them out on the forum. Absolute bull shit that you aren’t on the first run.

#207 2 years ago

I didn’t pay until last week, it never crossed my mind that I wasn’t in the first run. I do trust this distributor and I in no way think they are scamming me. This will be the fourth pin I have bought from them in the past two months and service has been excellent.

I’m thinking the issue is that they either forgot I had gotten on the list that far back or I’m not as important of a customer as I thought and was bumped back. I did just text them to call out when I have confirmation of being on their list. Hopefully just a mixup. It is a popular distributor but if it’s legit where I was too late to the party when I signed up for a non-LE three months prior to the announcement, then I probably do need to get a different distributor. Haha maybe that’s just how crazy the hobby is now.

#208 2 years ago

I would ask for a refund and call Cointaker (Melissa) or Pinballs.com (Mike)

They might still be able to get you a first run prem

#209 2 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Catch the new fish now, they may swim away. Make the fish already swimming in your pond wait cuz their already caught. Happened to me numerous times that why I now swim in the ocean.

So you're saying Jaws is next?

#210 2 years ago

Hit up RBradley . He may have a first run premium available.

#211 2 years ago

Jaws is now on Netflix so it must be true !!
Gee, when you see the chief in his office on his typewriter with a rotary dial phone on his desk /Think's to himself of the better days /And damn i am getting old .

Quoted from beelzeboob:

So you're saying Jaws is next?

Quoted from tp:

#212 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

Jaws is now on Netflix so it must be true !!
Gee, when you see the chief in his office on his typewriter with a rotary dial phone on his desk /Think's to himself of the better days /And damn i am getting old .

Just got done watching it on Netflix.

#213 2 years ago

I didn’t pay until last week, it never crossed my mind that I wasn’t in the first run. I do trust this distributor and I in no way think they are scamming me. This will be the fourth pin I have bought from them in the past two months and service has been excellent.
I’m thinking the issue is that they either forgot I had gotten on the list that far back or I’m not as important of a customer as I thought and was bumped back. I did just text them to call out when I have confirmation of being on their list. Hopefully just a mixup. It is a popular distributor but if it’s legit where I was too late to the party when I signed up for a non-LE three months prior to the announcement, then I probably do need to get a different distributor. Haha maybe that’s just how crazy the hobby is now.

Maybe try this.

E7BF645C-2D7A-451F-B163-34DC7784F012 (resized).pngE7BF645C-2D7A-451F-B163-34DC7784F012 (resized).png
#214 2 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

I would ask for a refund and call Cointaker (Melissa) or Pinballs.com (Mike)
They might still be able to get you a first run prem

That poster is in PA, so it is likely that Automated or Cointaker is the distributor they are talking about.

#215 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

That poster is in PA, so it is likely that Automated or Cointaker is the distributor they are talking about.

I had a very good experience with Automated when I purchased my first machine. Seemed like good people.

#216 2 years ago

Just to stop any speculation there, I did not order from either of them.

#217 2 years ago

This is going to be the longest 3 weeks or so of my life

#218 2 years ago

I am in the same boat. I ordered well before the announcement and I’m in the second run. I just think certain distributors had a long pre-order list.

#219 2 years ago
Quoted from GroggyFrogFace:

I had a very good experience with Automated when I purchased my first machine. Seemed like good people.

My very first NIB was from Automated as well. Way back in 2004. It was a pleasant experience and the even let me do a layaway type thing.

#220 2 years ago

I'm in for a Premium, fingers crossed I'll be in my distro's first allotment!

#221 2 years ago

As for first run vs later run, I had been wondering about that too. I got a JP premium just in March of this year. It was nice that they had figured out the opto on the trex ramp and fixed that. They stopped putting the play field graphics all the way up to the posts that was causing chipping. So I think there might be some benefit to waiting. I definitely wanted an LE but within hours of stern announcement, I couldn’t find one (still interested if someone has one). So since I missed that boat, I figure I would wait for second or even third run of the premium. Make sure the game isn’t a big turd. Looks awesome. But so did some other games that didn’t hold up to the hype. I would gamble for the LE, but for a premium, I think I will wait.

#222 2 years ago

Been a lurker for a while here but decided this was going to be my first purchase. Found out I missed the first run and am pretty bummed there is such a large production gap.

I know they say once you get your first you need to go ahead and make space for the second but this might just speed up the process lol. I want something to play soon - waiting 4 months is going to be rough.

Going with a Premium.

#223 2 years ago

the even let me do a layaway type thing.

I mean, it's been 17 years, but maybe they're still doing that...how long was the layaway period?

#224 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I mean, it's been 17 years, but maybe they're still doing that...how long was the layaway period?

He's still making payments, 9.99 a month...

#225 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

To avoid disappointment and future regret, sign up for our perpetual lay-away plan before midnight tonight.

#226 2 years ago

In on a Premium! October/November run. First NIB Stern since Tron. Feeling pretty pumped!

#227 2 years ago

Just got in on a Premium, looks like Q1 2022 for me. First NIB Stern and couldn't be happier

#228 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

6 months. Worked OT, so as to not take away from regular salary/bill money.

#229 2 years ago

6 months. Worked OT, so as to not take away from regular salary/bill money.

Oof. I could work unlimited (well, within our operating hours, which means typically I can get 3.25 hours on my working days, and 12 on one of my off days, not allowed to work on sunday. ) overtime for 6 months and I would maybe BARELY make enough money to cover it, LOL. It would be tight.

#230 2 years ago

All aboard on the premium train! I wasn't even planning on buying a pin anytime soon, but Godzilla was my childhood favorite. It was an instant purchase. Still didn't seem like LE was worth the extra money.

Only going to be my 2nd pin, I've got an Iron Maiden Pro which I love. Also got a virtual pin cab I made but it don't count!

#231 2 years ago
Quoted from maphreal:

Only going to be my 2nd pin, I've got an Iron Maiden Pro which I love. Also got a virtual pin cab I made but it don't count!

Also my 2nd pin if you don't count my virtual cab. The more I put into the virtual cab the more I was able to convince my self to start getting real machines. Also in on the premium.

#232 2 years ago
Quoted from maphreal:All aboard on the premium train! I wasn't even planning on buying a pin anytime soon, but Godzilla was my childhood favorite. It was an instant purchase. Still didn't seem like LE was worth the extra money.

I'm with you! Decided I really don't need a guest room/office, but a game room/office. It will go nicely with the AC/DC BiBLE and the Lego Rollercoaster covered in Godzilla figures.

#233 2 years ago

I’ve had dozens of older pins over the years but was recently bit by the new Stern fever. I have a pro (DP) and 2 premiums (AIQ, LZ) and really wasn’t planning on a 4th NIB but damn. Ordered my first LE upon the 9/14 reveal. Elwin is just so innovative and the trailer hooked me. Loved the dead flip game play stream and I have no plans to flip this beast. I wish I still had my green Shogun Godzilla from childhood. Can’t wait to get my hands on this one. Now I have to part with one of my old faithfuls. Hate that part of this crazy hobby.

#234 2 years ago

Does anyone know if LEs get released as a single wave? (All 1000 ship out approx the same time?)

#235 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Does anyone know if LEs get released as a single wave? (All 1000 ship out approx the same time?)

They would not have enough room to do that.

#236 2 years ago
Quoted from gamera9:

They would not have enough room to do that.

Sorry, to clarify... I meant that with Premiums purportedly being released in waves, will all the LEs ship before the Premiums start shipping, or will it be some LEs ship, then a first wave of Premiums, then more LEs, then the second wave of Premiums, etc?

#237 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

To my knowledge they have always done all the LEs once they are on the line.

#238 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

To my knowledge they have always done all the LEs once they are on the line.

Thanks kindly!

#239 2 years ago

any clue when pros are shipping to usa

#240 2 years ago

I'm in with a Premium, friends.

#241 2 years ago

Secured my LE today! I can't wait!

#242 2 years ago

Did anyone notice the Godzilla Pro manual hit Stern today under the game manuals?

#243 2 years ago
Quoted from GroggyFrogFace:

Did anyone notice the Godzilla Pro manual hit Stern today under the game manuals?

Does this mean the first Pros should start showing up on location soon?

#244 2 years ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Does this mean the first Pros should start showing up on location soon?

When I ordered my premium he thought I wanted a pro and said 2nd week of October. When I clarified and stated I wanted a premium he said oh, late October for those. He told me Stern was for sure getting them out by then. This was one of the big distributors.

#245 2 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

When I ordered my premium he thought I wanted a pro and said 2nd week of October. When I clarified and stated I wanted a premium he said oh, late October for those. He told me Stern was for sure getting them out by then. This was one of the big distributors.

I’d say that’s not true at this point. Major delays already. Pros were supposed to be out last week and LE’s starting to go out this week. That hasn’t happened. I can’t see how they would get pros out and then go through 1000 LE’s by the end of October.

#246 2 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

I’d say that’s not true at this point. Major delays already. Pros were supposed to be out last week and LE’s starting to go out this week. That hasn’t happened. I can’t see how they would get pros out and then go through 1000 LE’s by the end of October.

Maybe the physical games are ready but not Insider Connected?

#247 2 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

... Although we have heard about Pros going overseas, and at least one on location in Barcelona, no? Do those overseas pros usually go out before the domestic ones?

#248 2 years ago

I made room today. Either IM or GZ is going the spot, whichever gets here first.

PXL_20211005_135938986.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20211005_135938986.MP (resized).jpg
#249 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I made room today. Either IM or GZ is going the spot, whichever gets here first.

Nice lineup and not a topper in sight. Bravo!

I think GZ might be the first Elwin to give IMDN a run for its money.

#250 2 years ago

I see that and think that both can go there if you just put the games closer!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Land O' Lakes, FL
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

15,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Chula Vista, CA
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/5?hl=horse_cop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.