Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,318 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 547.
#2901 2 years ago

Are the mothra egg shooter rods available yet?

#2902 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I think you are missing a part here. I am pretty sure there should be no hole for the ball to get stuck.
[quoted image]

My Prem is the same way as pictured

#2903 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Never owned a set of pin stadiums before but done properly it is amazing on this pin..
[quoted image][quoted image]

What shooter rod is that? Looks awesome!

#2904 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I think you are missing a part here. I am pretty sure there should be no hole for the ball to get stuck.
[quoted image]

You don’t have this gap on yours under plastic #59?

351BD804-352F-4852-9338-6455DDD23E19 (resized).jpeg351BD804-352F-4852-9338-6455DDD23E19 (resized).jpeg
#2905 2 years ago
Quoted from Selig:

What shooter rod is that? Looks awesome!

That is the avengers AIQ shooter: https://nitropinball.com/collections/stern-shop/products/avengers-infinity-quest-led-shooter-rod-preorder

Did the LED's work for you in the factory location? I installed the same one, but the LEDs are out...?!?

#2906 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Is there ever a reason you want to hit next to the building that makes it drain stdm some of the time? I don’t see it registering or qualifying anything.

Its not an objective shot… but if you hit it when the building is a jackpot it scores and doubles the jackpot

#2907 2 years ago
Quoted from Beebl:

That is the avengers AIQ shooter: https://nitropinball.com/collections/stern-shop/products/avengers-infinity-quest-led-shooter-rod-preorder
Did the LED's work for you in the factory location? I installed the same one, but the LEDs are out...?!?

Wait the AIQ rod will work and light up and everything? Thats cool

#2908 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Are the mothra egg shooter rods available yet?

not yet. wife's a giant mothra fan, so it'll be a must-buy for us

#2909 2 years ago

I hope they do the topper justice. Killer topper like BKSOR got.

#2910 2 years ago

Happy to see everyone getting their Premiums! Bummed out that I was supposed to be in the Premium first run and got bumped due to Stern shorting my distributor. If anyone decides Godzilla Premium is not for them and you are in the first run, let me know

#2911 2 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Happy to see everyone getting their Premiums! Bummed out that I was supposed to be in the Premium first run and got bumped due to Stern shorting my distributor. If anyone decides Godzilla Premium is not for them and you are in the first run, let me know

I feel you. I haven't received official-official confirmation yet, but I think I've been bumped too. I'm holding onto hope, but it doesn't sound good. I sure wish they would just fulfill orders on these premiums before moving on to the new JP and other tables on the line. Having to wait until March even though I got my order in within 30 minutes of the announcement, somehow just doesn't seem 'fair'... but I guess that's got nothing to do with it.

#2912 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

I feel you. I haven't received official-official confirmation yet, but I think I've been bumped too. I'm holding onto hope, but it doesn't sound good. I sure wish they would just fulfill orders on these premiums before moving on to the new JP and other tables on the line. Having to wait until March even though I got my order in within 30 minutes of the announcement, somehow just doesn't seem 'fair'... but I guess that's got nothing to do with it.

Yeah, don't like having items pushed back but I had good/bad news. My Deadpool was pushed back from Dec to July, but my Godzilla premium should arrive Monday.

#2913 2 years ago
Quoted from MLarkin78:

Yeah, don't like having items pushed back but I had good/bad news. My Deadpool was pushed back from Dec to July, but my Godzilla premium should arrive Monday.

Wow. Dec -> July is quite a push. Glad you're getting your GZ though!

#2914 2 years ago
Quoted from MLarkin78:

Was it Pro or Prem?

#2915 2 years ago

My machine says version .79 installed and up to date. Anyone else not able to update under software update? My Wi-Fi is all good and connected to machine

#2916 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

My machine says version .79 installed and up to date. Anyone else not able to update under software update? My Wi-Fi is all good and connected to machine

Make sure inside connected is connected. Your wifi can be connected but if the machine isn't communicating with Stern it won't work

#2917 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

You don’t have this gap on yours under plastic #59?
[quoted image]

I think he is talking about the other side, the hole in the base next to the standup targets.

#2918 2 years ago
Quoted from MLarkin78:

I hope they do the topper justice. Killer topper like BKSOR got.

They could pretty easily just reskin that knight helmet as Godzilla's head, and the background burning castles as city buildings or pagoda-style roofs. That would be boss.

#2919 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Was it Pro or Prem?

It was a pro

#2920 2 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Got my Premium today. It’s friggin insane. So many shots, so many things to do. I love the fallouts and videos too. I installed a shaker and it’s a must! So good. That left ramp is a bear thought. I have to really nail it or it rattles out. Anyone else get the same? Also the magna grab doesn’t grab often so I have to look at that. I do happen to like hitting mecha and have it fly onto the ramp. I don’t know how someone can like pinball and not love this masterpiece.
[quoted image][quoted image]

you took the time to take the pic, but not replace the lockdown bar on Wonka first?

#2921 2 years ago
Quoted from spblat:

Just dropping in to say how much I love this game. My review:
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/godzilla-pro/ratings?filter_sort=date-desc&filter_show=all-comment&filter_bogus=10&filter_query=spblat#ratingcomments
It's my first NIB pinball, ordered the day the first trailer landed because a) theme and b) Elwin. My Pro arrived a few weeks ago together with an AIQ pro. It has taken me a while to fully appreciate AIQ's genius but Godzilla was an obvious masterpiece from the first game and I can't stop playing it. Personal best is around 700M and I have a long way to go.
My only issue has been with the speakers. I don't feel that I turned it up *too* high but they're probably a little ripped up already. I don't mod much anymore since becoming an operator but I think the speaker kit I ordered with the 10" sub is going to fit this game nicely. I'm probably going to need a shaker too.
[quoted image]

I ordered a pinwoofer for my wonka and it comes tomorrow. If it makes a huge difference I’ll order one for this as it will add a ton. It’s an amazing first pin. I like the shots on AIQ but prefer the premium. I don’t get the code at all though

#2922 2 years ago
Quoted from BlackTiePinhead:

you took the time to take the pic, but not replace the lockdown bar on Wonka first?

Don’t ask the wonka has broken on me twice within a week of ownership. I was waiting on an opto. I believe the glass was off too

#2923 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Maybe your switch is to tight they banging around triggers it

Had the same issue. Problem was the opto in the loop (switch 59 of I'm correct by memory). Changed the opto and everything was fine again.

#2924 2 years ago
Quoted from Ebirah:

Keith and team referenced future updates as providing awesome new cutscenes

While additional scenes will be great, I hope they spend more time on the overall look of the LCD display itself. Compared to other recent games, the score, player no, ball in play, mode, hints, awards, etc., all look pretty amateurish / unfinished.

I had an opportunity to play American Pinball's Valhalla at IAAPA Expo today. While the game play doesn't even begin to compare to Godzilla, its LCD animations and scoring are gorgeous. There's nothing unfinished looking about that game's display.

Quoted from Vitty:

Download keeps pausing for me and I have to restart it to continue through connected on the machine. Pain in the butt as I can’t just leave it on and forget about it

I'm having the same problem. My update has crapped out half a dozen times and the time remaining has read as high as 3,800 minutes. Currently, I'm at 1,277 minutes remaining and I'm still only 27% completed. LOL!

#2925 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

I gave up and installed the new code via a thumb drive.

#2926 2 years ago

Here is my two cents at 70 games played on the LE.

I love the wifi update. I think the Stern connect has some potential, but it's not knocking my socks off just yet.

I love the layout and shots, JP premium is right next to Godzilla LE so I can see the two eye to eye, they both have interesting layouts, rules but I am pleased with how complete the code is at this early stage, GZ needs a lot more polish, and choreography is in order, but at .81 it's pretty good code, not great like JP but it has the potential.

The toys (mainly the building and the magnet) are great, I think the magnet needs to be fine tuned more with the code.

I was NOT excited about the cost, that is the main bugaboo but I've accepted that pinball is expensive. I paid $3400 more than my JP premium (bought a few months ago) with shaker included. I understand LE vs Premium is not a straight line, and I paid tax on Godzilla but the new fee structure is noticeable in just a few short months. I do feel like the LE is worthwhile upgrade with the foil art and the glass back glass and armor etc. but the price is getting up there for me. I am glad Stern made 1000 units because I was so much on the cut and I didn't want to pay mark-up price, if they had made just 600 or 700 it would have been more ugly with the scalpers.

#2927 2 years ago

Does anyone know how I can end a game in progress?

#2928 2 years ago

During game, after ball 1, push and hold start to re start new game

#2929 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Other than turning off?

Yes without turning off the machine.

#2930 2 years ago

FedEx called and confirmed a Premium incoming on Monday. Can't wait, this is my first machine.

I've got a dolly and a strap. Still kinda nervous getting the thing inside and set up. Any advice?

#2931 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Does anyone know how I can end a game in progress?

After Ball 1, you hold "Start" and the left flipper button together.

#2932 2 years ago

My install of the new code went well I just had to make sure I registered my machine on insider and then the pin recognized it. Weird thing this go around is that I needed to keep the coin door shut as the code downloaded. Maybe that's normal?

#2933 2 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

I ordered a pinwoofer for my wonka and it comes tomorrow. If it makes a huge difference I’ll order one for this as it will add a ton. It’s an amazing first pin. I like the shots on AIQ but prefer the premium. I don’t get the code at all though

You might as well go ahead and order it now. It makes a HUGE difference in my GZLE and every other game i have them in

#2934 2 years ago

I have gig internet and the update took something like 3-4 hours to download the 0.81 update. I'm assuming Stern is throttling the downloads.

Have the update installing currently. Looking forward to checking it out!

#2935 2 years ago
Quoted from horse_cop:

FedEx called and confirmed a Premium incoming on Monday. Can't wait, this is my first machine.
I've got a dolly and a strap. Still kinda nervous getting the thing inside and set up. Any advice?

Do you have stairs?

#2936 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

I have gig internet and the update took something like 3-4 hours to download the 0.81 update. I'm assuming Stern is throttling the downloads.

Can you still update the old fashioned way?

#2937 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Do you have stairs?

Elevator, thank god

#2938 2 years ago
Quoted from horse_cop:

As asked before:

0. Elevator? Great! Just make sure to clear the pathways and make sure you have a straight shot at going in and out of the elevator, doorways and turns.

And to add to it:

1. Inspect the box before signing to ensure that everything looks good and there isn't looking broken, dinged etc.
2. Get someone to help unbox with you if you are doing it by yourself the first time and not a bad idea anyways to help set things up.
3. Have the Fed Ex person drop the machine off as close to the destination as possible.
4. Clear space around where you will be unboxing the crate.
5. Take your time. It is exciting but the machine literally isn't going anywhere so do things slowly to watch what you are doing.
6. Read the instructions that come with the machine.
7. Clear box parts, pads etc off or to the side as you move forward in the unboxing.
8. Stay hydrated.
9. If you are getting anything other than a limited model, consider buying now a shaker motor/knocker if you want to add them to your machine so when you get the machine after you test it you can load it in.
10. Check playing field, toys, mechs etc as setting up.
11. Try to have fun .
12. Good luck!

#2939 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Maybe traffic picked up later throughout the day and their servers been getting hammered. I turned on the machine at 11, and the update was ready 30-45 minutes later when I came back to the office. I just turned it on and didn't do anything else. left it alone while I did some work elsewhere.

#2940 2 years ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

As asked before:
0. Do you have stairs? Clear the pathways and make sure you have a straight shot at going down them and they can support the weight.
And to add to it:
1. Inspect the box before signing to ensure that everything looks good and there isn't looking broken, dinged etc.
2. Get someone to help unbox with you if you are doing it by yourself the first time and not a bad idea anyways to help set things up.
3. Have the Fed Ex person drop the machine off as close to the destination as possible.
4. Clear space around where you will be unboxing the crate.
5. Take your time. It is exciting but the machine literally isn't going anywhere so do things slowly to watch what you are doing.
6. Read the instructions that come with the machine.
7. Clear box parts, pads etc off or to the side as you move forward in the unboxing.
8. Stay hydrated.
9. If you are getting anything other than a limited model, consider buying now a shaker motor/knocker if you want to add them to your machine so when you get the machine after you test it you can load it in.
10. Check playing field, toys, mechs etc as setting up.
11. Try to have fun .
12. Good luck!

I would add that the balls and power cord are in the coin drawer…took me a while to figure that out my first time.

#2941 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

Ya I really hope they do it justice considering how incredible the game itself is.

Add add that the balls and power cord are in the coin drawer…took me a while to figure that out my first time.

Could have sworn the instructions pointed out where the balls and power cord. Ah glad you got it set up .

#2942 2 years ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

Could have sworn the instructions pointed out where the balls and power cord. Ah glad you got it set up .

Lol, I am sure they are…I was just so anxious to play monster bash I didn’t get that far.

#2943 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Maybe traffic picked up later throughout the day and their servers been getting hammered. I turned on the machine at 11, and the update was ready 30-45 minutes later when I came back to the office. I just turned it on and didn't do anything else. left it alone while I did some work elsewhere.

Update took 40 minutes. Really nice update. Only played briefly, but visually it is a nice improvement.

#2944 2 years ago

Man. I'm not sure what's up with you guys, but when I told it to download the update it took less than a minute. Then the normal apply update process took a while just like it would from a USB stick.

#2945 2 years ago

Code update via Wi-Fi went smooth. Only played a couple of games and haven’t noticed too many differences yet.
Installed Pinwoofer on my LE and wow can definitely notice a difference.

#2946 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Man. I'm not sure what's up with you guys, but when I told it to download the update it took less than a minute. Then the normal apply update process took a while just like it would from a USB stick.

Not sure how long it took, honestly...mostly that I turned it the machine on and it was ready when I actually check shortly after.

I will say this about the update though, not sure if referenced before, but when it reboots for the update and for the final restart, the speakers let out a loud screech type noise. Not sure if thats normal or avoidable.

#2947 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Not sure how long it took, honestly...mostly that I turned it the machine on and it was ready when I actually check shortly after.
I will say this about the update though, not sure if referenced before, but when it reboots for the update and for the final restart, the speakers let out a loud screech type noise. Not sure if thats normal or avoidable.

Mine also made a weird screech

#2948 2 years ago

Does the LE really need a speaker upgrade like pinwoofer? I see the same user promoting it and not sure if he works for pinwoofer

#2949 2 years ago
Quoted from Selig:

Just got my shipping notification. Premium delivering next Tuesday!

Me too!!

#2950 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Yep, sounded like someone blowing one of those kids party noisemakers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
$ 210.00
16,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

There are 27,318 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/59?hl=mlarkin78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.