gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,335 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 547.
#2751 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Assuming not doing this is why there the black paint on the wood under my lockdown bar has already been scratched off in several spots

I dont know how they got the glass on zepp. I had to really pry up as I removed it the first time. Glad it's so tight, I'd of put a huge scratch in the invisiglass. It's been the metal that I've had to file down.

#2752 2 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Yes, camera is recessed so no impact there
Calibration is in the photo ...
2 other levels showing app is off, and agreeing with each other on roughly "how much"
Lastly, game is now 100% playable again - magnet is dropping ball where it should!

Good to know.

Pin guys is fantastic purely because of the 2 way levelling and the call outs. And on most games 0.7deg variation wont affect too much (esp at the speed a pinball moves) but on some games like GZ and the magnet drop, it can def make a difference.

Personally I would use pinguy for the initial level so you dont have to keep getting out from under the game, then a manual level for the last fine tune.

#2753 2 years ago

One of the things I do to try to assure I don't scratch the glass besides closing the coin door before removing the glass, I go to the dollar store and buy a package of self sticking Velcro (black). They normally come in about 36" lengths, and I use the soft side of the two (felt) and I go across the front of the cabinets wood from edge to edge so when the glass slides out it's on the felt sliding smoothly. Now you don't have to worry about scratching the glass or wood.

#2754 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Just email him dude

I agree. You’re the customer man. Email him.

#2755 2 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

My Pro arrived today - built November 9th and delivered the 16th. My first NIB, two thumbs up for Zach at FlipNOut for friendly, great service btw. https://www.flipnoutpinball.com/
Snapped a couple pics with the back-saving lift system I built to help when lifting the rear to put the legs on - from a thread here on pinside but I've forgotten whose design that was. Works perfectly... [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

FedEx called. Mine comes tomorrow. I’ll post pics but Zach at Flip N Out delivers on what he says. Those of you who you’re distributor jerked you over might want to keep that in mind.

#2756 2 years ago
Quoted from VolitionFlipper:

I'm waiting to hear back from my distributor, while I wait figured I would check here. Anyone getting their Premiums yet?

My distributor called today! Mines shipped out and will be delivered to my house Monday! So excited

#2757 2 years ago

Got mine today!! Got the Big 3 now!

72D35EAB-F3E6-4FA1-95D3-7E22D51F0E63 (resized).jpeg72D35EAB-F3E6-4FA1-95D3-7E22D51F0E63 (resized).jpeg
#2758 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Easiest mistake to make with that stuff is not shutting your coin door when removing the glass after undoing the lockdown bar, as the top of the door can easily scratch the glass.

The coin door was closed. There are 3 scratches from taking the glass out one time. I emailed stern.

DFBAF572-B8C8-4785-A33B-5C007641D6EA (resized).jpegDFBAF572-B8C8-4785-A33B-5C007641D6EA (resized).jpeg

#2759 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

The coin door was closed. There are 3 scratches from taking the glass out one time. I emailed stern.
[quoted image]

Odd places for scratches. I've had to ground these corners on several, but yours are in a diff spot

Screenshot_20211116-203629_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211116-203629_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg

#2760 2 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

Got mine today!! Got the Big 3 now!
[quoted image]

Just missing Elwins best shooter, AIQ…

#2761 2 years ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

I cannot think of a Stern in the last 5 years with stronger voice acting.

Deadpool and Iron Maiden are better from a callout/voice work perspective imo, but Godzilla is very good. Way better than AIQ or JP that is for sure.

#2762 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Some games don’t need it. The inserts and GI color change effects that are there are intuitive and tell you what’s going on. Rainbow effects on this game wouldn’t really add anything. Rick & Morty - it’s a necessity as the colors and effects let you know what dimension you’re in. Not sure what it would add to Godzilla.

I never said I wanted "rainbow effects" did I? They can easily program each rgb to replicate what each colored insert does in the game currently but they could have shown a fire type effect flowing from the front to the back, or sweeping from left to right. Or an electrical shocking effect durring tesla strike... used lights in chase toward each shot needed in each mode in their own unique way.

Im blown away with my prem just arrived today. But for the cost we pay I'm saying it should be a feature included in the price of prem/LE machines all rainbow brite stuff aside!

#2763 2 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Mine shipped Friday. My buddy who lives a state north is getting his tomorrow so I’m assuming I hear from fedex tomorrow and get mine Wednesday.

Got mine yesterday!

#2764 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Are you literally doing what you say you didn’t when taking the photo?

#2765 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Are you literally doing what you say you didn’t when taking the photo?

It’s to show the door doesn’t even line up with those scratches when it swings open…

#2766 2 years ago

Is anyone else getting SDTM balls on right ramp shots that dont make it all the way up? What is anyone doing about it?

#2767 2 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

Is anyone else getting SDTM balls on right ramp shots that dont make it all the way up? What is anyone doing about it?

Yes happens quite often on mine - the cure is to make sure you shoot the ramp fully

#2768 2 years ago

Post removed... Clearly my issue and my fix hurt some pinsiders feelings...

#2769 2 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

I mocked this up quickly. It is a modified one way gate from ghostbusters. Works fantastic thus far stops my sdtm and doesnt slow down the ball at all.
[quoted image]

Are you sure the machine is level and at 6.5-7 pitch? The right ramp should be a relatively easy, reliable shot.

#2770 2 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

I mocked this up quickly. It is a modified one way gate from ghostbusters. Works fantastic thus far stops my sdtm and doesnt slow down the ball at all.
[quoted image]

Your machine, do what you want, but thats a pretty extreme adjustment. Not hitting a ramp clean should result in the ball in danger per the design. It's pinball.

#2771 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

[quoted image]

Emailing Stern is like throwing a envelope in the mail without an address. I rarely ever hear anything from them.
Still trying to figure out how to get my Stern Connected ( Swag box ) they said they would ship. It never shipped.

An Email to your distributor is the correct path.. ( I'm still wondering what your trying to show us ). Does it affect
gameplay.. Do you notice scratches when the lock bar is in place?

I got my Game and Stern forgot to clip the Coinbox in the game. Had to dig it out of the back of the game and ensure
the clip was indeed missing.. The game functioned as it should and no harm no fowl.

My Daughter ended up enjoying this game way more than the boys. She put up 250mil on her first ball... I did not do as well as her.

#2772 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Odd places for scratches. I've had to ground these corners on several, but yours are in a diff spot
[quoted image]

If you flip the glass, looks like they line up with those staples in the wood

#2773 2 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

[quoted image]

What color rubber bands do you recommend for your outlanes?

#2774 2 years ago

I am a fan of pinstadiums, but I am not sure Godzilla needs them. I kind of like having it somewhat dark in the machine as it matches the theme.

For those that have installed pinstadiums in Godzilla, do you like them and why?

#2775 2 years ago
Quoted from MUGEN_4_LIFE:

I never said I wanted "rainbow effects" did I? They can easily program each rgb to replicate what each colored insert does in the game currently but they could have shown a fire type effect flowing from the front to the back, or sweeping from left to right. Or an electrical shocking effect durring tesla strike... used lights in chase toward each shot needed in each mode in their own unique way.
Im blown away with my prem just arrived today. But for the cost we pay I'm saying it should be a feature included in the price of prem/LE machines all rainbow brite stuff aside!

I have a Star Trek Premium that does all of this and more. It was Stern's first all-RGB insert game and one of the main reasons to upgrade from a Pro. Pinsiders complained about the inserts looking dull and dead when they weren't lit and that Stern should have left them as colored inserts like the Pro!

#2776 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

[quoted image]

I haven't managed to scratch mine yet but I know I have press up on the glass to get it to clear the front edge of the cabinet. It's tight against the top edge of the front coin door panel.

#2777 2 years ago

I like the primary shot inserts being RGB, as they are in Godzilla. Mode inserts I prefer as colored “jewels”

GI needs to be RGB though, I think that can make a big difference and opens a lot of creativity to create moods and make modes feel different

#2778 2 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

[quoted image]

And this is why Stern Insider achievements aren't verified for home games...

#2779 2 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Emailing Stern is like throwing a envelope in the mail without an address. I rarely ever hear anything from them.

Interesting. Both time that I "emailed" them through their website for tech support, Pablo returned my request within an hour. First time was a faulting Walking Dead light board and the most recent was a broken lock down bar latch for my AIQ.

#2780 2 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

Are you sure the machine is level and at 6.5-7 pitch? The right ramp should be a relatively easy, reliable shot.

Just dropped to 6.5 was at like 7.3 will see if that helps

#2781 2 years ago

Whats the consensus on pitch for this game? 6.8 usually for elwin games for me

#2782 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Tried 6.5, changed it to 6.8 and like it much better. Also changed flipper power to suit.

#2783 2 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

[quoted image]

I wouldn't have gone to that extream, I typically give the machine a bump to the right when the ball gets to the bottom of the ramp opening and it helps push the ball to the flipper.

In my opinion the stdm drain adds to the fast think on your toes energy this layout gives to me when I play it. I love the shots whipping around and the combos available center spinner to upper loop to tailwhip is an awesome one to hit and is so satisfying when done then hit the right ramp to left ramp if the building is all the way up .

#2784 2 years ago

Still trying to figure out how to get my Stern Connected ( Swag box ) they said they would ship. It never shipped.
An Email to your distributor is the correct path.. ( I'm still wondering what your trying to show us ). Does it affect
gameplay.. Do you notice scratches when the lock bar is in place?
I got my Game and Stern forgot to clip the Coinbox in the game. Had to dig it out of the back of the game and ensure
the clip was indeed missing.. The game functioned as it should and no harm no fowl.
My Daughter ended up enjoying this game way more than the boys. She put up 250mil on her first ball... I did not do as well as her.

I emailed stern and they asked for pictures so we’ll see what happens. I’m sure they will make it right. I just want people to be aware that it can be a problem taking out the glass from a manufacturing defect. One user recommended putting the soft side of a Velcro to avoid wood from hitting it. Does anyone know what is the best way to file down the wood part? Just use some sand paper and have a vacuum running to suck up any debris?

#2785 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I always put my Sterns at 7 degrees pitch and the outlane posts all the way up with the rubbers removed. Tilt Bob tight but loose enough to make 1 nice move per ball.

No point in making it easy since they’re always setup hard during tournaments…

#2786 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

One user recommended putting the soft side of a Velcro to avoid wood from hitting it. Does anyone know what is the best way to file down the wood part? Just use some sand paper and have a vacuum running to suck up any debris?

Personally, I would avoid filing down the cabinet on a brand new machine. I have used a strip of painters tape over the top edge of the wood on a few games where it's been a tight squeeze. It also helps to keep upward pressure on the glass as you slide it out/in, keeping it off of the cab and apron. Most games have little rubber bushings on the apron that keep the glass from rubbing, but I'm not seeing those on GZ...

#2787 2 years ago

I reached out to Stern about the Magnalube included in the goodie bag.

This item was included should you ever need to add additional lubricant for the lead screw on the building assembly. see attached picture.

magnalube (resized).pngmagnalube (resized).png
#2788 2 years ago

I had the same problem. Ordered in July. Emailed in Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov. Called, tried facebook, etc. Zero responses.

I finally gave in and opened a dispute with my credit card company. No idea if it was related....but the box arrived today.

#2789 2 years ago

I got two of them shipped to me, twice as much useless crap. They are embarrassing for Stern and anyone who gets one.

I'd say "Nice try", but they missed by a mile.

I display them proudly and ironically.

Hard to believe the same company made my Godzilla LE, which is fantastic.

#2790 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

I always put my Sterns at 7 degrees pitch and the outlane posts all the way up with the rubbers removed. Tilt Bob tight but loose enough to make 1 nice move per ball.
No point in making it easy since they’re always setup hard during tournaments…

Ok Keith Elwin

#2791 2 years ago

For those who have glass that is real tight.....I highly recommend one of these for sliding the glass off.

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
#2792 2 years ago

So with insider connect does the game download an update automatically or do you have to go into the settings and see if there’s an update?

#2793 2 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

Post removed... Clearly my issue and my fix hurt some pinsiders feelings...

Ugh

#2794 2 years ago

Just got word my premium is coming next week. hell yea. Was thinking I got pushed. cant wait

#2795 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Ok Keith Elwin

Shoot I wish!! Just trying to get a littler better everyday.

Appreciate the comment though my man!

#2796 2 years ago

Just set up premium, everything checks out except right flipper. Coil doesn't fire from the test menu or from flipper button. Flipper button works for other functions. Swapped out node 8 with functioning one from elvira, same issue. No power to coil when attempting to test. Left shows pulse on meter. Any ideas where to start

Thanks in advance

#2797 2 years ago
Quoted from Charger68:

Just set up premium, everything checks out except right flipper. Coil doesn't fire from the test menu or from flipper button. Flipper button works for other functions. Swapped out node 8 with functioning one from elvira, same issue. No power to coil when attempting to test. Left shows pulse on meter. Any ideas where to start
Thanks in advance

You have the white post pulled out in the coin door frame when testing the coil from the system menu, right?

If so, at the coil are the wires connected? Give them a little tug even if they look connected, one may may not be.

#2798 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

At the coil are the wires connected?

Yes they appear to be wired correctly

#2799 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

So with insider connect does the game download an update automatically or do you have to go into the settings and see if there’s an update?

There is an option to install or just download automatically

#2800 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You have the white post pulled out in the coin door frame when testing the coil from the system menu, right?
If so, at the coil are the wires connected? Give them a little tug even if they look connected, one may may not be.

Fiddled with wires while trying to fire the coul from test menu, no luck

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Chula Vista, CA
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Loveland, CO
$ 210.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

There are 27,335 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/56?hl=cldgin2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.