Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,317 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 547.
#2701 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I've shipped a TON of pins (both buying and selling) using legs-on white glove service and had zero issues. However, in olden times when I was crating and palleting pins to ship some DID get damaged (and it was a LOT more work). As long as you're watching to make sure they use enough packing blankets and install all 4 leg boards down to the levelers, you'll probably be fine. I also have cheap $5 harbor freight moving blankets on hand in case they don't come with enough of them for a pin I'm shipping. Even if I have to kick in 4 to get it padded to my satisfaction, it's $20 well spent. I've only had to kick in one or two twice, ever. They're usually very well prepared.
If someone hadn't sold me a Hobbit around release with the legs on service, I'd probably still be crating and palleting. But now for long distance stuff it's legs on white glove for everything, and for stuff within CA, I use Chris at Sly Fox shipping - he's fantastic.
[quoted image]

I mean, no matter how you pack it, there are always going to be times when the shipping company screws up. This just happened last month to a AFMRLE that I shipped. Don't get me wrong, shipping on a pallet, you will also find people that have had their pin damaged too.
58613bd866d139c4bc0d9459685ad1c523138aa7 (resized).jpg58613bd866d139c4bc0d9459685ad1c523138aa7 (resized).jpg

#2702 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Anybody else have the antenna?

Note that Neil's game who posted the picture is an international game. It's possible they are using different adaptors for UK games due to regulations.

#2703 2 years ago

Is there a way to rotate the mechagodzilla ramp clockwise just a bit? In glancing at the mech it wasn't immediately obvious if it could be.
This would do two things I believe if it is possible:
1. would aim the ramp more at godzilla's belly
2. close the gap between the ramp and plastic so the ball doesn't get stuck there

#2704 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Looks like it’s a Canakit Raspberry PI Wi-Fi adapter. $20 each. I’m sure that it costs quite a bit less per machine. The one in the picture listed in the previous post must be a very early build.

That’s what I’ve got in mine as well. Watching his unboxing he’s in the 100s serial number.

#2705 2 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Did your distributor confirm you’re on the first run?

He stated that I was first run, and #1 in line on his list for a premium. I ordered it before the reveal. I messaged 4 weeks ago and was told it would be about 3 weeks to ship. I was thinking about messaging him again. I just don't want to be the annoying one. Every time I receive an email notification my heart skips a beat hoping it's him telling me it's ready to ship. I'm lucky that I have a pro available right down the street to play, but I really want my own premium.

#2706 2 years ago
Quoted from mahony:

He stated that I was first run, and #1 in line on his list for a premium. I ordered it before the reveal. I messaged 4 weeks ago and was told it would be about 3 weeks to ship. I was thinking about messaging him again. I just don't want to be the annoying one. Every time I receive an email notification my heart skips a beat hoping it's him telling me it's ready to ship. I'm lucky that I have a pro available right down the street to play, but I really want my own premium.

Just email him dude

#2707 2 years ago

Big ups to Rob at madpinball, Just got my shipping paperwork, Zilla premium inbound. Thanks again Rob

#2708 2 years ago
Quoted from mahony:

Email him! hehe. Dont email him 3 times a day of course, but email your distributer when you have questions. Thats their job(I say that as a salesperson myself). Im in same boat waiting on a first run Godzilla Premium. I wanted an LE, missed out and got premium before launch. Looks like I may slip to next time which is annoying because I still dont have my "first run" Mando premium hehe.

#2709 2 years ago

I can’t understand about how Mando is so far behind on shipping. I’d think Stern could have made thousands of them by now, they made Godzilla LE (1000) in now time flat. Must’ve been a huge demand for Mando they didn’t anticipate.

#2710 2 years ago
Quoted from Charger68:

Big ups to Rob at madpinball, Just got my shipping paperwork, Zilla premium inbound. Thanks again Rob

Thanks! Enjoy and cant wait to hear about it!

#2711 2 years ago

Here are the Wizard magnetic speaker surrounds. The LE has speaker cut outs. Premium and Pro are solid like in Aerosmith.

PXL_20211116_182125363 (resized).jpgPXL_20211116_182125363 (resized).jpgPXL_20211116_182605998 (resized).jpgPXL_20211116_182605998 (resized).jpg
#2712 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Email him! hehe. Dont email him 3 times a day of course, but email your distributer when you have questions. Thats their job(I say that as a salesperson myself). Im in same boat waiting on a first run Godzilla Premium. I wanted an LE, missed out and got premium before launch. Looks like I may slip to next time which is annoying because I still dont have my "first run" Mando premium hehe.

Dude, in the same boat! First on the list for Godzilla (Premium) , found out yesterday my local distro is not getting any of their premiums machines till first run of (March-ish) 2022 and my Mando was pushed to June.

#2713 2 years ago
Quoted from VolitionFlipper:

Dude, in the same boat! First on the list for Godzilla (Premium) , found out yesterday my local distro is not getting any of their premiums machines till first run of (March-ish) 2022 and my Mando was pushed to June.

Mando premium pushed until June? I was just told they were on the line mid December and thats when I should get mine. Then again I was also told "any day now" in early September.

#2714 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Here are the Wizard magnetic speaker surrounds. The LE has speaker cut outs. Premium and Pro are solid like in Aerosmith.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Who sells these?

#2715 2 years ago

Wizardmod com. They are from Europe so it takes about 2 weeks. I liked them so much I'm putting them on all my pins. Good quality, easy install.

#2716 2 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

I mean, no matter how you pack it, there are always going to be times when the shipping company screws up. This just happened last month to a AFMRLE that I shipped. Don't get me wrong, shipping on a pallet with legs on, you will also find people that have had their pin damaged too.
[quoted image]

Pallet OR legs on. Not Pallet AND legs on. One or the other, not both.

But yeah, bad things can happen but in my experience from shipping a LOT of games, legs on white glove has been great. Zero damaged games so far. It's not the terrible choice some make it out to be. Quite the opposite.

#2717 2 years ago

So I was going to put leg protectors. You think it’s ok if it hits the armor?

DFECF7A5-0F0F-4DD7-B663-07C7E15D48A5 (resized).jpegDFECF7A5-0F0F-4DD7-B663-07C7E15D48A5 (resized).jpeg
#2718 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

[quoted image]

No need for leg protectors with the new style bracket on the outside. I would personally toss those leg protectors. I think they do more harm than good, lots of complaints of peeling decals.

#2719 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

[quoted image]

It’s your machine so of course do what you feel most comfortable doing. I have over 13,000 balls played on my JP and over 7,500 balls played on my AIQ with no protectors. No issues at all on either one. I’d think GZ should be the same.

#2720 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Mando premium pushed until June? I was just told they were on the line mid December and thats when I should get mine. Then again I was also told "any day now" in early September.

Check with your distributor, that's what I've been told from mine.

#2721 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Note that Neil's game who posted the picture is an international game. It's possible they are using different adaptors for UK games due to regulations.

yeah I wondered if that was the reason also.

I've got a pro that I'm installing on Thursday will take a look then.

#2722 2 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Anyone else having the building VUK making several attempts to get ball up to rooftop?
Default power setting on mine was 180 and about 80% of attempts required a retry
Moved power to 195 now I'm around 75% that it works fon the first try
Not sure if this is a power setting issue vs an alignment or coil sleeve issue but curious if others have experienced the same?
BTW, what a special game this is!
[quoted image]

My prem just got here today!!!! I turned my seetting down to 160 and it's making every single attempt at this point. Also put the power up a tiny bit on upper flipper and the damn thing makes right ramp shots like a charm if hit correctly... it was hitting them at the stock setting as well but that roll back is deadly if you don't make the ramp!

It must be your coil. TBH.

#2723 2 years ago
Quoted from VolitionFlipper:

Uh oh...It isn't Next Level, is it?

#2724 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

Same info here. Distributor hasn't received their shipment yet but believes they're going to be shorted, and several people on the first run are now being pushed back to a March (hopefully sooner) run.

#2725 2 years ago

Why is this game so incredibly good?!?!? I’m trying to dissect it as a piece of game design.

I think part of it is the board geometry. There’s a wonderful flow to it, and even when you miss shots it tends to loop around to a safe place. It’s an easier machine.

But the callouts are so incredibly good too. I think Stern overall hires weak voice actors, but almost every line in this game is iconic. I cannot think of a Stern in the last 5 years with stronger voice acting.

Godzilla is a wonderful theme for a pinball game because pinball gameplay inherently feels like spreading destruction and chaos.

All of this ads up to a game that I genuinely think will be one of the greatest of all time.

#2726 2 years ago

Had my pro powder coated today. Was not easy picking a color. Went with a color called illusion copper. I think it matches pretty well.

PXL_20211117_000357474 (resized).jpgPXL_20211117_000357474 (resized).jpgPXL_20211117_000404299 (resized).jpgPXL_20211117_000404299 (resized).jpg
#2727 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Had my pro powder coated today. Was not easy picking a color. Went with a color called illusion copper. I think it matches pretty well.

Looks amazing!!!

#2728 2 years ago
Quoted from mahony:

If you don't mind, would you tell us who your dealer is? Curious, because my dealer is on the east coast. I'm still waiting for mine. Thanks!
EDIT: N/M I just saw your previous post letting us know

I was told 2 weeks ago that my premium was for sure going to ship in a week. Now I will be lucky if I get a premium in March. You can't trust what these dealers will do.

#2729 2 years ago

Took my HD glass out for the first time to add the balls. A scratch appeared on the glass after taking it out. I think it must of rubbed on the wood when taking it out. Never had this problem with any other pinball machine. Am I SOL?

#2730 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Took my HD glass out for the first time to add the balls. A scratch appeared on the glass after taking it out. I think it must of rubbed on the wood when taking it out. Never had this problem with any other pinball machine. Am I SOL?

Easiest mistake to make with that stuff is not shutting your coin door when removing the glass after undoing the lockdown bar, as the top of the door can easily scratch the glass.

#2731 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Did you leave the coin door open while removing the glass?

#2732 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

Nope, it was Korner Pocket Billiards and Games in Washington. Best of luck friend!

#2733 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

Same info here. Distributor hasn't received their shipment yet but believes they're going to be shorted, and several people on the first run are now being pushed back to a March (hopefully sooner) run.

Hopefully sooner indeed!

#2734 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Just email him dude

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I emailed him and he responded letting me know to pay the balance and the game should be shipping to me in the next few days. I paid as fast as I could, and now I'm incredibly excited.

#2735 2 years ago

Some hope for those waiting for Premiums. I am #2 on the list at my distributor and got word they are receiving their first run premiums tomorrow and it will head my way on Thursday. Can’t wait!

#2736 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Easiest mistake to make with that stuff is not shutting your coin door when removing the glass after undoing the lockdown bar, as the top of the door can easily scratch the glass.

Ive noticed lately our game examples (avengers and Godzilla) have been tighter getting glass in and out and the glass’ height verse the front of the cabinet. It is just how the trim is mounted. I would not be much to actually contact the cabinet front while extracting the glass.

#2737 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Ive noticed lately our game examples (avengers and Godzilla) have been tighter getting glass in and out and the glass’ height verse the front of the cabinet. It is just how the trim is mounted. I would not be much to actually contact the cabinet front while extracting the glass.

I've had to file a few metal edges down on the lockdown area on 2 of the last 3 sterns we have bought.

#2738 2 years ago

My Pro arrived today - built November 9th and delivered the 16th. My first NIB, two thumbs up for Zach at FlipNOut for friendly, great service btw. https://www.flipnoutpinball.com/

Snapped a couple pics with the back-saving lift system I built to help when lifting the rear to put the legs on - from a thread here on pinside but I've forgotten whose design that was. Works perfectly... 20211116_180244 (resized).jpg20211116_180244 (resized).jpg

20211116_093027 (resized).jpg20211116_093027 (resized).jpg20211116_171815 (resized).jpg20211116_171815 (resized).jpg20211116_175434 (resized).jpg20211116_175434 (resized).jpg20211116_175907 (resized).jpg20211116_175907 (resized).jpg20211116_185519 (resized).jpg20211116_185519 (resized).jpg20211116_185611 (resized).jpg20211116_185611 (resized).jpg
#2739 2 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

My Pinguy app goes to the left as well. I didn't know it until a fellow collector was over playing and pointed it out while playing. I have gone back to using a Craftsmen digital level.

This ^^^

Quoted from beltking:

Are you level using the PINGUY app? Mine goes to the left.

And this ^^^
I experienced this as well using Pinguy app.
After checking using a $3 plastic bubble level and my Craftsman digital level, I ended up deleting this app
I only checked it because I DID use the app to level my game last night after playing the last game of the evening
Came back tonight and the magnet was dropping the ball onto the base of the flipper then bouncing almost a 1/2" away from the face of it making the loop shot impossible
Checked this thread and saw multiple posts about app being off - sure is
Hope this helps someone else

See pic of app at ZERO and both levels behind it ... was 0.7 degrees off
Second image after leveling using the Craftsman level
IMG_202111162047490 (resized).jpgIMG_202111162047490 (resized).jpgIMG_4336 (resized).jpgIMG_4336 (resized).jpg

#2740 2 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

This ^^^

And this ^^^
After checking using a $3 plastic bubble level and my Craftsman digital level, I ended up deleting this app
I only checked it because I DID use the app to level my game last night after playing the last game of the evening
Came back tonight and the magnet was dropping the ball onto the base of the flipper then bouncing almost a 1/2" away from the face of it making the loop shot impossible

Maybe I'm old school but those torpedo levels are the best and that's all I use.

#2741 2 years ago

I've had good luck with Pinball Leveler by Nottud on Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nottud.pinballleveller

I've not compared it with a digital level, but I'm fairly sensitive to side-to-side level being off when playing. I always calibrate it against my professionally leveled pool table, and the app seems pretty accurate when used to level a machine then.

#2742 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Led Zep LE is the one that scares me the most, it's very tight. Feel more comfortable with removing the GZ LE

#2743 2 years ago

Phone apps are limited by calibration and deviation of sensor performance. Here's a recent study on the matter:

https://link.springer.com/article/10.3758/s13428-020-01404-5

Takeaway: "Our results show that heterogeneities in pitch and roll data are present for the orientation sensor. Devices differ in accuracy with some showing mean deviations close to 0° and little variance while other devices show mean inaccuracies of up to 2°, on some occasions reaching over 6° compared to the objective tilt. The deviations are higher for measurements of roll than they are for measurements of pitch."

I have several bubbles and other levelers, but now I always use one of these - they are small so they fit anywhere on the field, even in cramped areas. Very accurate, reliable, readable, strong magnet at the bottom and entirely enclosed in smooth plastic so that it cannot scratch the playfield:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07ZWW3BW5

#2744 2 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

This ^^^

And this ^^^

I'm assuming you did something about the camera on the back of your phone?

And did you calibrate it to something already level?

#2745 2 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

This ^^^

And this ^^^

Yeah the PinGuy app is garbage. I just bought a decent digital level on Amazon and never looked back.

#2746 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

Mine is, still waiting

#2747 2 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

I was told 2 weeks ago that my premium was for sure going to ship in a week. Now I will be lucky if I get a premium in March. You can't trust what these dealers will do.

Same boat. I feel your pain.

Dealer was shorted games and a good amount of them showed up damaged. I didn’t make the cut on the ones they were able to ship.

Many of the distros are in-between a rock and hard place. Business is booming, demand is at an all time high, but they can only get so many games.

#2748 2 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

This ^^^

And this ^^^
Second image after leveling using the Craftsman level[quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from cooked71:

I'm assuming you did something about the camera on the back of your phone?
And did you calibrate it to something already level?

Yes, camera is recessed so no impact there
Calibration is in the photo ...
2 other levels showing app is off, and agreeing with each other on roughly "how much"
Lastly, game is now 100% playable again - magnet is dropping ball where it should!

#2749 2 years ago
Quoted from apessino:

Phone apps are limited by calibration and deviation of sensor performance. Here's a recent study on the matter:
https://link.springer.com/article/10.3758/s13428-020-01404-5
Takeaway: "Our results show that heterogeneities in pitch and roll data are present for the orientation sensor. Devices differ in accuracy with some showing mean deviations close to 0° and little variance while other devices show mean inaccuracies of up to 2°, on some occasions reaching over 6° compared to the objective tilt. The deviations are higher for measurements of roll than they are for measurements of pitch."
I have several bubbles and other levelers, but now I always use one of these - they are small so they fit anywhere on the field, even in cramped areas. Very accurate, reliable, readable, strong magnet at the bottom and entirely enclosed in smooth plastic so that it cannot scratch the playfield:
amazon.com link »

I bought this one based on your recommendation... it's on the way now!
Thx for heads up

#2750 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I've had to file a few metal edges down on the lockdown area on 2 of the last 3 sterns we have bought.

Assuming not doing this is why there the black paint on the wood under my lockdown bar has already been scratched off in several spots

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 125.88
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ChainsawMods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Tampa, FL
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
O'fallon, IL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Chula Vista, CA
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 27,317 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/55?hl=horse_cop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.