8D88D9E5-7A3F-4560-9172-5D3986FCD989 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240715_232710_Chrome (resized).jpg
IMG_0657 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0655 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0656 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0088 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,296 posts in this topic. You are on page 557 of 566.
#27801 32 days ago

I bought the topper and I am happy with it aesthetically. The mode it self I actually tend to use most when I don't want to "risk" a 45 minute game of GZ.

Also when I have non pinballer friends over I tend to use it also, everyone gets to play for the same amount of time (and usually a lot longer than during normal 3 ball play). Highest score wins. 5 minutes of all Kayu battles all at once, followed by 2-3 minutes of spray and pray multiball, everything is flashing, shaker motor is going nuts, loud music. Fun times!

#27802 32 days ago

Anyone have recommendations for a small/reliable surge protector for their table? My cord won't reach the other surge protector in the room so I'd like to find something that isn't 8 ports long.

#27803 32 days ago
Quoted from Womp:

Anyone have recommendations for a small/reliable surge protector for their table? My cord won't reach the other surge protector in the room so I'd like to find something that isn't 8 ports long.

I use Kasa smart plugs and bulbs throughout my house, so this surge protector has been great for me. I use Alexa to turn on all the stuff in the game room.

https://www.amazon.com/Kasa-Smart-Protector-Required-KP303/dp/B083JKSSR5/ref=asc_df_B083JKSSR5
You can get it with more than three outlets if required.

#27804 32 days ago

Hey all. I have a GZ Pro that I would like to upgrade the plunge knob. It currently has that black plastic cap. Well, I recent received my new Pulp Fiction and I've been spoiled by its stainless-steel ball knob. The Stern knob feels so cheap now. I'd like to replace it. I sourced this one at Pinball Life. I just want to confirm this is the correct rod/knob for my GZ Pro before I make the purchase. Can I get a confirmation or if it's the wrong one can I get someone to point me to the correct one?

Thanks all.

https://www.pinballlife.com/polished-stainless-steel-mirror-surface-ball-shooter-rod-for-stern-pinball-machines.html

#27805 32 days ago
Quoted from Mleiter:

Hey all. I have a GZ Pro that I would like to upgrade the plunge knob. It currently has that black plastic cap. Well, I recent received my new Pulp Fiction and I've been spoiled by its stainless-steel ball knob. The Stern knob feels so cheap now. I'd like to replace it. I sourced this one at Pinball Life. I just want to confirm this is the correct rod/knob for my GZ Pro before I make the purchase. Can I get a confirmation or if it's the wrong one can I get someone to point me to the correct one?
Thanks all.
https://www.pinballlife.com/polished-stainless-steel-mirror-surface-ball-shooter-rod-for-stern-pinball-machines.html

That will work.

#27806 32 days ago

Thanks

#27807 32 days ago

Is there a way to disable "East Coast Guy"? For whatever reason those callouts cringe me, any custom sound packages out there for Zilla?

#27808 32 days ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Is there a way to disable "East Coast Guy"? For whatever reason those callouts cringe me, any custom sound packages out there for Zilla?

I feel the same way.

#27809 32 days ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

If east guy is the announcer you could just select Japanese at the beginning. Get started on your Japanese language lessons.

I guess pinball browser would be how to mod the audio. I’ve been wanting to swap in the beastie boys intergalactic for multi ball. Hmmm wonder if you could rethink the whole thing into the intergalactic video…. That retheme of Iron Maiden into Rick and Morty is just awesome.

#27810 32 days ago

Many months later my Godzilla Cliffy's have arrived! 6 pieces.
They include: Scoop, 2 Switch slots, Out hole drain, Shooter Ejects (2 piece).
https://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm#:~:text=Stern-,Godzilla,-set.%20scoop%2C%20shooter

448559874_8214118568612353_1347078448708263033_n (resized).jpg448559874_8214118568612353_1347078448708263033_n (resized).jpgCliffy3 (resized).jpgCliffy3 (resized).jpg
#27811 31 days ago
Quoted from Tophervette:

Many months later my Godzilla Cliffy's have arrived! 6 pieces.
They include: Scoop, 2 Switch slots, Out hole drain, Shooter Ejects (2 piece).
https://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm#:~:text=Stern-,Godzilla,-set.%20scoop%2C%20shooter
[quoted image][quoted image]

That website is comically old looking.

#27812 31 days ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

From what I can tell, he’s from Brooklyn. Yes, that’s on the east coast, but only people from NYC speak like that.

#27813 30 days ago

Anyone know of a GZ LE NIB for sale anywhere? This one is suspicious.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/178348

#27814 30 days ago
Quoted from manadams:

Anyone know of a GZ LE NIB for sale anywhere? This one is suspicious.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/178348

Why is it suspicious? Guy is looking for a local sale, which to me means its legit..

#27815 30 days ago
Quoted from tscottn:

Why is it suspicious? Guy is looking for a local sale, which to me means its legit..

Could very well be legit just no feedback, forum posts and pretty new to site.

#27816 30 days ago
Quoted from Mleiter:

Thanks all.

May be too late but I have three Pinball Shark shooter rods on my machines. I also had a fourth on my TNA. I swear by them. Don't know anything about the one on Pinball Life. The Pinball Shark ones are perfect and the green is great for Godzilla.

#27817 30 days ago

How do I adjust the building to be 1/6"-1/8" higher? Suddenly my ball is getting stuck on the ground floor due to the building be low.
thx

#27818 30 days ago

selling my maser cannon spotlight.
This is the "Kaiyodo Revoltech No.015 Maser Cannon" which sells for $80 on ebay from Japan. IMO this is the nicest sculpt and best scale for the maser cannon.
I have modded it to have the spotlight in the dish. Disconnect the existing spotlight in this area, and connect this instead (You get my female flasher connector, so you don't have to cut yours off.. plug and play). The LEDs are from my OEM spotlight.
I doubt anyone else has this mod, and it is pretty cool, but I don't like my machine to be too crowded and I just installed the Naegele building.
Installation as I had it consists of removing the existing spotlight, re-arranging some of the existing plastics, and zip-tying it down. Played 2000 games with it in, never an issue with it.
$80 (same as an unmodded one costs)
more photos at:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/hmeNXDcVdPgStob2A
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#27819 30 days ago

!

#27820 29 days ago

Buying used Godzilla Premium. Does Insider Connect have anything to do with ownership? Does the free IC basic provide automatic updates? Not interested in achievements, only updates, any settings to reach that goal or just ignore achievements? Do I need the IC phone app to get updates?
Thanks

#27821 29 days ago
Quoted from MoPinball:

Buying used Godzilla Premium. Does Insider Connect have anything to do with ownership? Does the free IC basic provide automatic updates? Not interested in achievements, only updates, any settings to reach that goal or just ignore achievements? Do I need the IC phone app to get updates?
Thanks

IC may see the game registered to previous owner. They can remove it from their APP. You should be able to get updates as long as the WI-FI is “connected”

#27822 29 days ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

IC may see the game registered to previous owner. They can remove it from their APP. You should be able to get updates as long as the WI-FI is “connected”

Thanks
I will ask the seller to remove registration.

#27823 29 days ago
Quoted from SpiralOut:

Seeking help:
Installed some precision Halo flippers/bushings in last night. Ever since, after several minutes of play the lower right and left flippers will go dead during the game. No more flipping. Upper left still works.
Go into switch test and the EOS switches are normally closed and function properly (open) when I manually move the flippers by hand from topside of playfield. Where should I be looking to remedy this? Never an issue before I installed new flips/bushings. Naturally I have disturbed something, but what?
Thanks for any help
Edit: after a bit the flips function for just a few flips, then dead again. I notice that when they stop working, also holding in both flipper buttons does not fast forward through the end of ball bonus. Is there a connector I should be looking at? No tech alerts
After a couple minutes time, I can start a new game and get a couple flips before they are dead again
Second edit: after reviewing the game manual, it appears that the lower playfield/lower flippers are connected to Node board 8, connector cn8 (which just happens to be the closest connector to the lower left flipper pinch bolt). Only thing I could think of was to power down machine, remove connector 8, wiggle all of the wires/pins and reseat the connector to the board. Powered up machine and played 1 game and all seems to function. Now to play another game I hope I solved this issue that I obviously created.
Any other thoughts, I am all ears.
PS. I am on page 366 of this thread after purchasing/owning my NIB premium for 5 weeks now. I started reading this thread daily, within a day of my purchase. I have learned so much and noticed a difference or two in my machine, 6/30/23 build date. Paid for on a Wednesday and delivered three days later on Saturday morning. This old man plays it everyday

If you pull up on the flipper…is there a little bit of up and down play? Its possible you have everything to tight to the playfield.

If everything was fine prior to installation, and now they are acting up I wouldnt think a node board would go…

#27824 29 days ago
Quoted from izzy:

How do I adjust the building to be 1/6"-1/8" higher? Suddenly my ball is getting stuck on the ground floor due to the building be low.
thx

Found the answer in post #4481.

#27825 29 days ago

Does this little orange light mean something is wrong? Never noticed it before today. Don’t see one on the other side. Left power line of the building on Pro

IMG_5353 (resized).jpegIMG_5353 (resized).jpeg
#27826 29 days ago

Good Morning... I don't own the game but play it on location. The particular one has an issue where the ball eventually gets stuck on the right lane wireform just under the loop.. Has anyone had this issue and how did you resolve it? I have gone into the game and "flexed" the wireform up to create a gap but eventually it drop back down ever so slightly. I've added a red circle in the image to show where the ball gets stuck. Thanks!

GODZILLa ramp (resized).jpgGODZILLa ramp (resized).jpg
#27827 29 days ago
Quoted from Womp:

Does this little orange light mean something is wrong? Never noticed it before today. Don’t see one on the other side. Left power line of the building on Pro
[quoted image]

That is probably the opto transmitter for detecting a ball going into the building.
If you go into switch test mode and move your finger by it that will confirm it.
Looks operational as it should be.

#27828 29 days ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

That is probably the opto transmitter for detecting a ball going into the building.
If you go into switch test mode and move your finger by it that will confirm it.

You are correct that it is the building entrance Opto. That is why a ball will register even if it does not travel all the way through the building.

#27829 29 days ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Ah, thank you Sir! Good to know. I saw the post was slightly off balanced so I didn't know if something got loose or broke. I need to open it up and readjust that.

#27830 29 days ago
Quoted from LIPinballSociety:

I have gone into the game and "flexed" the wireform up to create a gap but eventually it drop back down ever so slightly.

Take the ramp off entirely and just bend it more and then reinstall...

#27831 28 days ago

Thank you for the reply. The gap between the flipper clamping link and the bottom of the pivot bushing was the first thing I checked. All three flippers were still perfectly adjusted ( I like to use the PBL flipper gap tool, easy peasy). That’s when I broke out the owners manual and started tracing where flipper power came from. Turned out that unplugging and reseating cn8 on node board 8 fixed the issue. Not a single malfunction since.

Quoted from matt68061:If you pull up on the flipper…is there a little bit of up and down play? Its possible you have everything to tight to the playfield.
If everything was fine prior to installation, and now they are acting up I wouldnt think a node board would go…

#27832 28 days ago
Quoted from ichuckle:

That website is comically old looking.

It absolutely is, but the guy who runs it has a 6+ month long waiting list for his product.

#27833 28 days ago
Quoted from scootss:

Take the ramp off entirely and just bend it more and then reinstall...

lol damn was hoping I could add a washer somewhere. It's for the Godzilla at Round 1, keep running into this issue

#27834 28 days ago

lol damn was hoping I could add a washer somewhere. It's for the Godzilla at Round 1, keep running into this issue

I did it with a washer way back when I got mine

#27835 27 days ago

Is anyone on Stumblor list for their mods.
I’ve been on there for 3 different mods sense January and haven’t heard anything.

#27836 27 days ago
Quoted from big-c66:

I’ve been on there for 3 different mods sense January and haven’t heard anything.

Have you checked his website? You can see what # you are, what # he is on, and current status (whether there is a current run going or coming soon..a lot of times with an ETA. ). Also the best place to sign up for his wait lists.

#27837 27 days ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Don’t worry Davey is top notch !
You will get your mods and if needed impeccable service tech response ! Davey knows his Shit!

#27838 27 days ago
Quoted from big-c66:

I have received 4 out out of the 6 mods I have ordered from Stumblor the remaining two, production has not started yet. If you only got on the list in January you were pretty late to the party, but don't worry, they are cranking them out at a pretty good rate! Well worth the wait!!

#27839 27 days ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Patience young grasshopper..........No but seriously its well worth the wait.

#27840 27 days ago

Hey thanks everyone for the feedback. They contacted me so I now know exactly where I’m at on everything.

#27841 27 days ago

I'll be making a seperate thread about this soon. Walking/moving mechagodzilla

This will be a gameplay integrated mod that I will eventually sell, but I won't be keeping a list of interested people for it.
It's going to be first come first serve.

Good to know: This mod is only for prem/le games. It also fits perfectly and there is no need to discard any of the plastics that are behind mecha from the factory.

#27842 27 days ago

Finally found these Super7xStern Godzilla figures. Now I just need to find one more Godzilla.

IMG_0302 (resized).jpegIMG_0302 (resized).jpegIMG_0303 (resized).jpegIMG_0303 (resized).jpegIMG_0304 (resized).jpegIMG_0304 (resized).jpeg
#27843 27 days ago

If you can get the operator to take off the glass, you/he can probably fix it by moving loosening the bolt that anchors that ramp to the left sling, move it slightly to the right, then re-tighten and test whether the ball clears the wireform above it. My wireform is very sensitive to any movement and gets the same problem you described any time I've done work on the PF that effects that wireform. You just have to move it a little and make sure two things happen:
1. The ball doesn't get stuck on the overhanging wireform
2. The ball falls properly into the inlane.

#27844 27 days ago
Quoted from aalbertson3:

Finally found these Super7xStern Godzilla figures. Now I just need to find one more Godzilla. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I wasn't able to get one yet, congrats on finding a few

#27845 26 days ago
Quoted from aalbertson3:

Finally found these Super7xStern Godzilla figures. Now I just need to find one more Godzilla. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Man I’ve been looking but haven’t found any. Out of stock in the stores near me and online.

#27846 26 days ago

Joining this club soon thanks to a good stroke of luck! Have a Premium NIB on the way. Can't wait to try this out!!! This will be my first true NIB unboxing and I don't think I could be more excited. Will update once it arrives.

Chris

#27847 26 days ago
Quoted from aalbertson3:

I live by so many targets.. I really need to go look for them, not sure why I've dragged my ass.

#27848 26 days ago

I live by so many targets.. I really need to go look for them, not sure why I've dragged my ass.

I check all of the stores by me on a semi-regular basis. I still haven't seen them in any of the stores.

#27849 26 days ago

Happy hunting… they are not in the normal toy section of the store. They are in the area called collectibles which has funko pop and other more detailed figures. This area is stocked and maintained by a 3rd party company.

#27850 26 days ago
Quoted from aalbertson3:

Happy hunting… they are not in the normal toy section of the store. They are in the area called collectibles which has funko pop and other more detailed figures. This area is stocked and maintained by a 3rd party company.

yeah with the Neca products and stuff.. If it's like the TMNT Neca two packs, I'm sure it'll be stupid difficult to find.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Eagan, MN
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 125.88
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ChainsawMods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Quincy, MA
$ 109.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Side Gig Studios

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,296 posts in this topic. You are on page 557 of 566.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.