IMG_8280 (resized).JPG
IMG_0512 (resized).JPG
IMG_0514 (resized).JPG
IMG_0513 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240715-072402 (resized).png
Pinside_forum_7199283_7 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7616866_0 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,242 posts in this topic. You are on page 556 of 565.
#27751 40 days ago

I have wallop save set to 3 but it doesn’t seem to work consistently. I’ll get ball saves on low scores or instant drains but the wallop specifically doesn’t seem to give the ball save. Anyone else have issues with this?

#27752 40 days ago
Quoted from barakandl:

I am not sure if its a bug or something with my game, but it has gone into ball search while I am cradling a single ball on the left side looking at the instant info stuff. Does not do it all the time.

Me too. Did u ever find resolution?

#27753 40 days ago

Godzilla Premium. Ball search occurs when I’m cradling ball. How to delay ball search or have it not engage when flipper active?

#27754 40 days ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I have 4k in extras

91593853-27e1-4142-b58c-55a10776f6ba_text (resized).png91593853-27e1-4142-b58c-55a10776f6ba_text (resized).png

#27755 40 days ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

It even has a second Atomic GZ up on the topper. Could not handle the salamander they used.

When I saw that you added that I thought, "This is why I don't have toppers, cause the modding doesn't end at the playfield."

#27756 40 days ago
Quoted from nickrivers:

When I saw that you added that I thought, "This is why I don't have toppers, cause the modding doesn't end at the playfield."

Lesson learned

#27757 40 days ago
Quoted from Biophile:

Godzilla Premium. Ball search occurs when I’m cradling ball. How to delay ball search or have it not engage when flipper active?

Check the End of Stroke (EOS) switch for each flipper.

The actuator can break off the flipper pawl or one may just need adjustment.

#27758 37 days ago

Just joined the club, 556 pages to catch up on, guess this is a popular game

#27759 37 days ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Just joined the club, 556 pages to catch up on, guess this is a popular game

Ahhhh, not really. You’ll be bored of it quickly

#27760 36 days ago

Mechagodzilla seems to have gotten a bit excited. Any others run into this issue? What's the best fix?

IMG_2383 (resized).jpegIMG_2383 (resized).jpeg
#27761 36 days ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Mechagodzilla seems to have gotten a bit excited. Any others run into this issue? What's the best fix?[quoted image]

Rub it till it goes away?

Push it back in and glue it. Thats what my ex-wife did.

I'm all out...

#27762 36 days ago

Tried the loctite. Only held for a few games. It looks like the back end if this magnet is meant to be screwed into something inside mechagodzilla. Just looks like kind of pain in the ass to take off the mechagodzilla toy because it probably involves taking apart the structure behind the toy in order to get my screwdriver into an accessible spot.
Just wanted to see if I was overlooking an easier method. Thanks.

#27763 36 days ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Tried the loctite. Only held for a few games. It looks like the back end if this magnet is meant to be screwed into something inside mechagodzilla. Just looks like kind of pain in the ass to take off the mechagodzilla toy because it probably involves taking apart the structure behind the toy in order to get my screwdriver into an accessible spot.
Just wanted to see if I was overlooking an easier method. Thanks.

It’s not too bad. I’ve taken mine apart a couple times. It’s a few screws and take pics as you go to help you reassemble.

#27764 36 days ago

Ya, that fix was not too bad. Hardest part was locating where the screw fell off.

#27765 35 days ago

I had just got a notification from APMEX and they have 1oz silver rounds each with Mechagodzilla, Rodan and Mothra stamp pictures. So, I ordered one of each and see what they look like. Pretty cool I think

#27766 35 days ago
Quoted from Skatewake:

I had just got a notification from APMEX and they have 1oz silver rounds each with Mechagodzilla, Rodan and Mothra stamp pictures. So, I ordered one of each and see what they look like. Pretty cool I think

Those are pretty neat

#27767 35 days ago
Quoted from Skatewake:

and ghidorah

#27768 35 days ago
Quoted from j_m_:

and ghidorah

Yes. Forgot add him in too.

#27769 34 days ago

So I've had my table for almost a month. My 5.5 year old son loves to play but I've had to limit him lately as he gets very frustrated/sad when he doesn't play a 'long game'. Well tonight he sure did. He got several multiballs, played his longest game (by far) and set a personal (and table record) of about 150mil (just shy of the 156M GC). Very proud of the little guy.

But as a good dad, I had to play one round after him and went on a tear and set MY personal (and table record) of 200M. It's no billy, but I'm on my way! Love this table.

#27770 34 days ago

Your 5 1/2 year old got over 150M? Wow. The kids is born to pinball.
My then 10 year old had the GC on our Zilla for a while. He’s 11 now and finished third in a recent tournament of 20 adults. Kicked my ass, too.

IMG_0394 (resized).jpegIMG_0394 (resized).jpeg
#27771 34 days ago
Quoted from Womp:

So I've had my table for almost a month. My 5.5 year old son loves to play but I've had to limit him lately as he gets very frustrated/sad when he doesn't play a 'long game'. Well tonight he sure did. He got several multiballs, played his longest game (by far) and set a personal (and table record) of about 150mil (just shy of the 156M GC). Very proud of the little guy.
But as a good dad, I had to play one round after him and went on a tear and set MY personal (and table record) of 200M. It's no billy, but I'm on my way! Love this table.

I do appreciate you allowed your son 15 minutes of glory before reminding him that he is Jr.

My son is 3.5 years old and like to sit at the machine and bang the flippers. It’s good to get them addicted early, helps with convincing mom for more machines

#27772 33 days ago

if your in the south florida region and want a godzilla premium im trading mine for a star wars premium

#27773 33 days ago

I'd like to reach out to the guy I met at the Tacoma pinball ball show last weekend. He had an absolutely beautiful godzilla premium set up at the project pinball booth. We talked for quite a bit but I have forgotten his pinside name? If anyone knows the person i'm referring to or if he's reading this reach out to me please.

#27774 33 days ago

Hi all. I have spun through the last 20 or so pages about GZ. My understanding is that there may be a new version of GZ being offered. I hear B&W as well as possible versions with light kits. Couple questions on this...

1) Anyone that may have exact info, feel free to PM me if you can
2) Ideas of timing on this?

I want to get a GZ, but love light interaction like FF's has. That would be a huge draw to me.

Any intel on this would be appreciated. Originally I was thinking about trading my TZ for a GZ, but the more I think about it, I think I want to wait for this upcoming version. B&W kind of intrigues me, but I might still want a color version. Either way, curious what peeps know. I know there is that person out there that has that info they are just dying to tell someone. I promise, I am good with secrets! Dave

Oh: Happy Father's Day to those that are in that Club!!!!

#27775 33 days ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

Hi all. I have spun through the last 20 or so pages about GZ. My understanding is that there may be a new version of GZ being offered. I hear B&W as well as possible versions with light kits. Couple questions on this...
1) Anyone that may have exact info, feel free to PM me if you can
I want to get a GZ, but love light interaction like FF's has. That would be a huge draw to me.
Any intel on this would be appreciated. Originally I was thinking about trading my TZ for a GZ, but the more I think about it, I think I want to wait for this upcoming version. B&W kind of intrigues me, but I might still want a color version. Either way, curious what peeps know. I know there is that person out there that has that info they are just dying to tell someone. I promise, I am good with secrets! Dave
Oh: Happy Father's Day to those that are in that Club!!!!

At this point the rumors seem all but confirmed. I would wait a few weeks for the announcement if you think you'll be bummed on missing out the B&W version.

#27776 33 days ago

I can only offer what I heard on a Flippin' Out podcast. Zach theorized that the Godzilla Black n White may be released in July of this year. Stern has not said anything to the distributors as of yet, but that seems to be the top consensus. Take this for what its worth. Good luck. Fantastic game.

#27777 33 days ago

Soooo, ironically my last NIB Stern I bought (Monopoly) was from a place called Jersey Jack Pinball out east (at the time). I bought it from him so I could skip the sales IL tax and then I just picked it up at the factory to also save shipping.

Are there any distributors that anyone could recommend that I talk to assuming the B&W edition is actually going to happen? I would like to start that dialogue.

Dave

#27778 33 days ago

Soooo, ironically my last NIB Stern I bought (Monopoly) was from a place called Jersey Jack Pinball out east (at the time). I bought it from him so I could skip the sales IL tax and then I just picked it up at the factory to also save shipping.
Are there any distributors that anyone could recommend that I talk to assuming the B&W edition is actually going to happen? I would like to start that dialogue.
Dave

I'm sure there are plenty, but I've used Zach with flip n out pinball for a few machines and have nothing but great things to say. Shipping is VERY fast and he's very communicative.

#27779 33 days ago
Quoted from nickrivers:

Definitely a switch that needs a bit of adjustment. That "grommet/fastener" is just like a barb that holds the rail on the playfield. Imagine an arrowhead that fits in the hole snugly(Giggity) but is tough to pull out(Double Giggity).
Check out this page on adjusting switches. You'd be surprised how much small switch adjustments can take a fun game to a great game. I would suggest reading the Pop Bumper and Leaf Switch(for the Slingshots) segments for Godzilla. Mine went out of adjustment at around 500 plays. A switch adjustment tool will make your life a bit easier. I'm new to ownership too, and I was very much of the mindset of "I don't need all that shit", now I have a full drawer in the toolbox dedicated to pin tools/parts.
https://homepinballrepair.com/pinball-switches-fixing-adjusting/

Thanks @nickrivers! It took me a bit to come back to this, but I appreciate the response. Going to get a switch adjustment tool and read up on how to fix this!

#27780 32 days ago

Just watched Godzilla Minus 1 on Netflix. Wow, what a great movie. Highly recommended.

#27781 32 days ago

I was a bit disappointed with the movie. It started out great and the special effects are award-winning.

* Spoiler Alert *

But when Godzilla's back and tail spikes did the "lock and load" thing like he was some kind of bio-mechamical monster, that was it for me and I had had enough.

#27782 32 days ago

Installed my towers today, great mod!

Any recommendations to protect the front tower? The way it sits out it begs for an air ball to take it out there.

IMG_0325 (resized).jpegIMG_0325 (resized).jpeg
#27783 32 days ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Any recommendations to protect the front tower? The way it sits out it begs for an air ball to take it out there.
[quoted image]

Never had a ball break one but my fat fingers have while cleaning the game just be carful doing anything near them !

#27784 32 days ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

In the past year, I've had two ball strikes on that front tower. I was able to repair it the first time with some epoxy but not the second time.

I'm down to two towers now.

20230827_153327 (resized).jpg20230827_153327 (resized).jpg
#27785 32 days ago
Quoted from John_C:

In the past year, I've had two ball strikes on that front tower. I was able to repair it the first time with some epoxy but not the second time.
I'm down to two towers now.[quoted image]

Someone else mentioned an air ball strike. They liked the half broken tower look and they epoxied it in a broken manor but off the playfield. Said it had a nice “Godzilla took out the tower bad day” and added to the city is being destroyed feel.

#27786 31 days ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

[quoted image]

Just have some super glue available for when they break.....and they will likely break. Very fragile.

#27787 31 days ago

do the towers add meaningful lighting in the upper playfield? or mostly just effect?

#27788 31 days ago
Quoted from BW1029:

do the towers add meaningful lighting in the upper playfield? or mostly just effect?

Awesome effect. I love the mod

#27789 30 days ago
Quoted from BW1029:

Just an effect, but its a good one! Personally, I think it looks better using only 2 of the towers. Plus that leaves a little room on the right where I'm putting a King Ghidora once it arrives.

#27790 30 days ago
Quoted from Skatewake:

Yes. Forgot add him in too.

I received mine over the weekend. they look really nice

#27791 30 days ago
Quoted from math08:

Just watched Godzilla Minus 1 on Netflix. Wow, what a great movie. Highly recommended.

Quoted from John_C:

I was a bit disappointed with the movie. It started out great and the special effects are award-winning.

* Spoiler Alert *

I won't repeat the end part of your quote, but you didn't care for it.

I LOVED THE MOVIE!!!! It brought me right back to the Godzilla I grew up with. Things didn't need to be perfect. It could be a bit predictable. And I loved the movies back then. Godzilla Minus 1 brought me right back to that mentality where I didn't get annoyed at movies, I just enjoyed them. The dubbing, the acting, the filming, I thought it was all perfect. I can't recall a recent movie I enjoyed more.

#27792 29 days ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I won't repeat the end part of your quote, but you didn't care for it.
I LOVED THE MOVIE!!!! It brought me right back to the Godzilla I grew up with. Things didn't need to be perfect. It could be a bit predictable. And I loved the movies back then. Godzilla Minus 1 brought me right back to that mentality where I didn't get annoyed at movies, I just enjoyed them. The dubbing, the acting, the filming, I thought it was all perfect. I can't recall a recent movie I enjoyed more.

What I especially enjoyed were the Godzilla scenes. You could actually see him clearly and could watch each aspect of the battles. In recent movies, the battle scenes are always shot in darkness that trying to see the action is difficult, and additionally, the action is so frantic and last so long, you just can't follow and enjoy the scenes. As said above, the filming is great, the story is great. Academy award winning movie. They even brought in the original music.

#27793 28 days ago

They should hire chrome candy to make them out of stainless.

#27794 28 days ago

Regarding Busaturbo’s article on adding a node board and all to unlock the modes for Time Attack and all…I’ve thought of doing this, but thinking as soon as I do, Stern will do a code upload and make it available for free. But perhaps not? Anyway, have a lot of Pinsiders ordered the parts and done this? Sure it’s about $200, but it might be worth it for some of us. I’m waffling.

#27795 28 days ago
Quoted from maroot:

Regarding Busaturbo’s article on adding a node board and all to unlock the modes for Time Attack and all…I’ve thought of doing this, but thinking as soon as I do, Stern will do a code upload and make it available for free. But perhaps not? Anyway, have a lot of Pinsiders ordered the parts and done this? Sure it’s about $200, but it might be worth it for some of us. I’m waffling.

Elwin has been on record saying this mode will not be public. However, if the challenge mode is your sole reason I would wait. He also said other things are in the works/plans. If I were to guess that would be other challenge modes as early as next month with a healthy code update to coincide with the black and white anniversary edition. Similar to what was done with JP30.

#27796 28 days ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Elwin has been on record saying this mode will not be public. However, if the challenge mode is your sole reason I would wait. He also said other things are in the works/plans. If I were to guess that would be other challenge modes as early as next month with a healthy code update to coincide with the black and white anniversary edition. Similar to what was done with JP30.

It's always wait..... isnt it?

#27797 28 days ago
Quoted from Mully911:

It's always wait..... isnt it?

I think the saying is, "Do what i say, not what i do" I bought the topper!

#27798 28 days ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

I think the saying is, "Do what i say, not what i do" I bought the topper!

Love it. The longer you wait the less time you will have with it.

#27799 28 days ago
Quoted from maroot:Regarding Busaturbo’s article on adding a node board and all to unlock the modes for Time Attack and all…I’ve thought of doing this, but thinking as soon as I do, Stern will do a code upload and make it available for free. But perhaps not? Anyway, have a lot of Pinsiders ordered the parts and done this? Sure it’s about $200, but it might be worth it for some of us. I’m waffling.

200 for a mode is definitely not worth it! There's already so much to do in the game. I had the topper and I only bothered playing that mode like twice before I sold it. And I've played maybe 2000 games on my GZ.

But, it's the same node board used in other toppers..it's not like it will be worthless if you decide you don't want it. You'll be able to recoup some costs.

#27800 27 days ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

200 for a mode is definitely not worth it!

I'm not saying it is or isn't worth it....but think about what people spend on completely cosmetic mods that do nothing to change the functionality of the game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

19,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

8,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 125.88
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ChainsawMods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Side Gig Studios

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 28,242 posts in this topic. You are on page 556 of 565.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.