pasted_image (resized).png
4A684A67-61F1-4FF0-8236-BF6E38F58AE9 (resized).jpeg
pinside.66273470719090863a8972d23c0880d26136302f (resized).jpg
E8926C7A-0B80-451C-BFC6-B6F8BA766F07 (resized).jpeg
20240405_122647 (resized).jpg
20240402_174502 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240402-135510 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,292 posts in this topic. You are on page 539 of 546.
#26901 48 days ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Not problematic at all...
Let me explain.....
... VinnyBlanc has the current (and final) version of the MRS for the imposter shot whereas tedwasright bought his in 2022... same for northerndude - those were earlier revisions.... all that is needed - as we found - was a bigger magnet pile..this is why VinnyBlanc and RoadQueen have no issues....tedwasright simply send yours back to me...
Matt

What exactly is a magnet pile?

#26902 48 days ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

What exactly is a magnet pile?

It's the 'engine' of an MRS...bigger can be better - but like anything - too big and it don't fit where it needs to...

#26903 47 days ago

Opened a nib yesterday, played the piss out of it. Noticed a few bugs upon opening is the shooter lane rattle. I see theres a fix.

Today the optos for the building entrance stopped registering on switch test. I tried unplugging them and plugging them back in. Unsure what else to do. The game is brand new and it was working great until it wasn't. I've never messed with optos before. If anyone has any advice, I would greatly appreciate it!

#26904 47 days ago

The opto thing has been covered in here... there was a bad batch of power line standup target brackets that let the standups bend back and wipe out the building optos behind them. Call Stern. They will send an opto pair and a pair of correctly manufactured brackets.

You're Welcome. BH

#26905 47 days ago
Quoted from Keylime:

Opened a nib yesterday, played the piss out of it. Noticed a few bugs upon opening is the shooter lane rattle. I see theres a fix.
Today the optos for the building entrance stopped registering on switch test. I tried unplugging them and plugging them back in. Unsure what else to do. The game is brand new and it was working great until it wasn't. I've never messed with optos before. If anyone has any advice, I would greatly appreciate it!

Not sure your build date but I think it is in poor taste for stern to continue to use questionable optos after the number of issues documented. Are rhey using up stock hoping at least one set works?

#26906 47 days ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

The opto thing has been covered in here... there was a bad batch of power line standup target brackets that let the standups bend back and wipe out the building optos behind them. Call Stern. They will send an opto pair and a pair of correctly manufactured brackets.
You're Welcome. BH

I will have to inspect my standup targets next time I take the glass off. Thanks for the tip.

#26907 47 days ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

Are rhey using up stock hoping at least one set works?

I can't be certain, but I think this was Stern's approach with regard to the coil stops at least.

#26908 46 days ago

99.9 percent certain that this yellow and black wire connects to the upper flipper coil, correct?

Just snip off the plastic and solder back on, correct? Is there any need to have 2 cm piece of hard plastic ar the end of the wire?

IMG_2017 (resized).jpegIMG_2017 (resized).jpeg
#26909 46 days ago
Quoted from gandamack:

99.9 percent certain that this yellow and black wire connects to the upper flipper coil, correct?

Yes - the manual confirms it (pic below).

Quoted from gandamack:

Just snip off the plastic and solder back on, correct?

Ideally, you want the wire to go through the metal tab (lug) so that the wire is wrapped around the connection point, not just soldered on. This creates a stronger, longer lasting connection. So, remove the solder that is on the lug, strip the wire back, make a strong connection to the lug and then resolder.

Quoted from gandamack:

Is there any need to have 2 cm piece of hard plastic ar the end of the wire?

Yes. This prevents a possible short if the wire was to come in contact with another wire. Right now you have a loose, 48V wire under your playfield. If that didn't have the plastic cover on it, it could touch another wire and cause bad things to happen.

gz uppper (resized).pnggz uppper (resized).png
#26910 46 days ago

Your godzilla funny for the day

IMG_0740 (resized).pngIMG_0740 (resized).png
#26911 46 days ago

In case anyone is wondering, the lifetime of a shooter rod spring is apparently 40,000 plays.

IMG_5600 (resized).jpegIMG_5600 (resized).jpeg

#26912 46 days ago
Quoted from madamyates:

It case anyone is wondering, the lifetime of a shooter rod is apparently 40,000 plays.
[quoted image]

That's good I have 20 more years on my game.

#26913 46 days ago

Thanks scootss. Sent you a PM.

#26914 45 days ago

Anyone interested in a High End Mods Oxygen Destroyer? Pretty much new condition, including unused small round sticker for the mounting screw. $100 plus shipping.

SALE PENDING

Screenshot 2024-02-26 213255 (resized).pngScreenshot 2024-02-26 213255 (resized).png

Added 44 days ago:

SOLD

#26915 44 days ago

For sale

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/173193

IMG_6865 (resized).pngIMG_6865 (resized).pngIMG_6866 (resized).pngIMG_6866 (resized).pngIMG_6861 (resized).jpegIMG_6861 (resized).jpegIMG_6862 (resized).jpegIMG_6862 (resized).jpegIMG_6863 (resized).jpegIMG_6863 (resized).jpegIMG_6864 (resized).jpegIMG_6864 (resized).jpeg

#26916 44 days ago

New GDZ owner here. Anyone know if there's supposed to be mylar beneath mechagodzilla on the pre/le? I've got nothing there and after putting the first 30 games on a nib there are some massive dimples where the ball drops from the landing and from mechagodzilla's chest.

I know dimples are normal but this looks like a trouble spot.

What have others done to remedy?

#26917 43 days ago
Quoted from Keylime:

New GDZ owner here. Anyone know if there's supposed to be mylar beneath mechagodzilla on the pre/le? I've got nothing there and after putting the first 30 games on a nib there are some massive dimples where the ball drops from the landing and from mechagodzilla's chest.

I put on a playfield protector

#26918 43 days ago
Quoted from Keylime:

My GZ Premium from the November 2023 build has a curved slip of mylar covering the whole width of the lane from the "KUMONGA" (on the playfield) down to the rollover switch.

Perhaps they forgot yours, in the factory?

Contact Stern, take pictures, and make them send you one in the mail?

#26919 43 days ago
Quoted from bwalter:

My GZ Premium from the November 2023 build has a curved slip of mylar covering the whole width of the lane from the "KUMONGA" (on the playfield) down to the rollover switch.

I checked mine from December build 23 and there is Mylar surrounding that entire back area contact stern.

#26920 42 days ago
Quoted from bwalter:

Quoted from EspoPinball:

I checked mine from December build 23 and there is Mylar surrounding that entire back area contact stern.

Thank you, gentlemen. Will do.

I have the same build. Anything else I should be aware of? I'm already dealing with a broken bracket for the power line target. Anything else I can be proactive about ?

#26921 42 days ago

Hi guys, my Jet Jaguar loop is not repeatable. I was hoping someone might save me the time of pulling up plastics trying to find the right ball guide to adjust to help it out a little?

The ball comes out of the loop and little too far to the right I think. I dont believe its a skill issue because I can nail it on the location pro nearby.

Ive checked my level and messed with upper flipper power with no luck.

#26922 42 days ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

Hi guys, my Jet Jaguar loop is not repeatable. I was hoping someone might save me the time of pulling up plastics trying to find the right ball guide to adjust to help it out a little?
The ball comes out of the loop and little too far to the right I think. I dont believe its a skill issue because I can nail it on the location pro nearby.

Ive found it to be the one thing you dont have total control over, or should you, because it makes the game a little more challenging... my loop champion numbers started to climb once I got the hang of it, but endless JJ loops arent sustainable as the ball speed quickly gets away with you and sends it SDTM... that and the mylar everywhere causes so much white noise, I find the shots repeatability questionable from the git go. Dicking with ball guides to smooth out shots I get, I have done it on my MBrLE Bride ramp and it still rejects me 50%.

If anything, getting the left GZ ramp repeatable and not tight as a virgins honey pot is what I am after... but then that would make GZ even easier and my GC score is already at 2.111B and the remaining 4 HS's are +1.8B so right now, anything I would do to make things smoother is only going to push my HS's higher.

But once again, you get the standard operator answer when you start complaining about how low your score's are, and how crappy the machine is set up- "Play better."

#26923 41 days ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

7.0 pitch helped mine

#26924 40 days ago

unclean R ramp shot that comes back down and stdm. Other than 'get good' (trying all the time) what type of nudge/save to keep this from happening and what timing of the nudge? kinda a general pinball question, but maybe the timing unique to this game somewhat.

#26925 40 days ago
Quoted from OreoFlapjacks:

unclean R ramp shot that comes back down and stdm. Other than 'get good' (trying all the time) what type of nudge/save to keep this from happening and what timing of the nudge? kinda a general pinball question, but maybe the timing unique to this game somewhat.

Soon as it starts rolling back or just as it runs out of steam... your only moment to impart trajectory changing ball interaction other than slap or slide save at that point.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#26926 40 days ago

Flipper fans and or precision flippers will eliminate this issue. Or try to not make the game as steep.

#26927 40 days ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

I don’t have the answer, but I made this yesterday in the hopes it would help you.

#26928 40 days ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

I don’t have the answer, but I made this yesterday in the hopes it would help you.

Thank you so much for that video. It explains a lot of what I was experiencing. If I hit the ball early on the flipper, it would go half way up the ramp and drain SDTM. If I hit the ball too late on the tip of the flipper, it would hit the Mecha Godzilla targets.

#26929 40 days ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

7 in a row on my home machine is still my record, but I've hit 24 in a row on location...

#26930 40 days ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

above and beyond sir, greatly appreciated!

Quoted from awesome1:

7 in a row on my home machine is still my record, but I've hit 24 in a row on location...

Near the same thing here. I think my max is 4 at home, and in the 20s on the local pro.

#26931 39 days ago

Finally collected all 10 Secret Combos in a single game today!

Godzilla Collect All 10 Secret Combos awesome1.pngGodzilla Collect All 10 Secret Combos awesome1.png
#26932 39 days ago

FYI, I have a HighEndMods Maser Cannon I’ll be posting. Perfect condition. $200 shipped. Decided not to keep it. PM if interested.

***SOLD***

#26933 37 days ago

2 things.

First, I notice this more when I’m just trying to stuff the ball up the ramp. I’m making a shot that isn’t clean, and when I do that, I deserve what I get. A weak effort gets a weak result. I always realize I should have let the ball settle before making the shot.

Second, never leave your warnings on the table. Any time it’s coming straight down the middle and I don’t take at least one tilt warning, I’m upset with myself for just watching my ball go away.

#26934 37 days ago
Quoted from DaveH:

2 things.
First, I notice this more when I’m just trying to stuff the ball up the ramp. I’m making a shot that isn’t clean, and when I do that, I deserve what I get. A weak effort gets a weak result. I always realize I should have let the ball settle before making the shot.
Second, never leave your warnings on the table. Any time it’s coming straight down the middle and I don’t take at least one tilt warning, I’m upset with myself for just watching my ball go away.

Agree that I am not happy with a weak shot going half way up the right ramp, only to have it come flying back down to drain.

A Tilt Warning? Wait, you mean the game does not shut down immediately? I have not been a nudger/slammer/banger/shaker of pinball machines. I have gotten a few Tilts in my life and hate when I lose a good game because the game felt I shook it. How many Tilt chances do you get in these new machines? Time to experiment with this new knowledge.

#26935 37 days ago
Quoted from Tophervette:

Agree that I am not happy with a weak shot going half way up the right ramp, only to have it come flying back down to drain.
A Tilt Warning? Wait, you mean the game does not shut down immediately? I have not been a nudger/slammer/banger/shaker of pinball machines. I have gotten a few Tilts in my life and hate when I lose a good game because the game felt I shook it. How many Tilt chances do you get in these new machines? Time to experiment with this new knowledge.

2 warnings before it tilts out.

#26936 37 days ago
Quoted from DaveH:

2 things.

This happens most for me when hitting from the 3rd flipper off a magna grab capture (destruction jackpot in 3.. 2...1..). I've given up trying to hit that shot and just hold the top LF when that happens so it bounces down the right of the playfield.

#26937 37 days ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

And this is adjustable in settings for those gorilla players or folks at home.

#26938 37 days ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

And this is adjustable in settings for those gorilla players or folks at home.

There's more than one adjustment too, I know mine (even after physical adjustments to it) will give you two if it is rocked enough to swing against one side then back to the other. Lost a monster game during the GZ multiball launch recently. I need to adjust the timing to avoid those doubles maybe.

#26939 37 days ago

I have had this wonderful machine for 5 months now and had been avoiding reading/watching the strategies/tips for high scores in an effort to come up with my own. I seem to have leveled off on my high scores so I am curious as to what others think of these random thoughts:

1. The tank and bridge multiballs are fairly worthless from a scoring standpoint (esp compared to tesla), I mainly use these to go for the standup tesla targets and even from a tier 1 battle stacking standpoint, complicated by the horizontal auto-plunging balls messing with my shot attempts

2. Terror of Mechagodzilla on the contrary seems to be a very high-powered mini-wizard mode that always seems worth it

3. The tier 1 battle I always go for first changes routinely amongst the first three kaiju choices and I think that's the beauty of it. If I have building down I will usually go for gigan to get that repeatable right ramp.

4. I never thought I would be more frustrated with a mode than Thanos Attacks from AIQ until I met the Rampage mode. Def more drains than extra balls there

5.The third option of the Tier 2 kaiju seems to be the way to go first, middle spinner to quickly light things up and then using the heat ray on the second round if I make it past the first.

6. Need to have anguiris to bail me out if I drain during Planet X

Thanks for reading!

#26940 37 days ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

2 warnings until I take the tilt-bob pendulum out.

#26941 37 days ago

With TPF right around the corner, we've been working our asses off to get our "Conqueror's Upgrade" ready to walk the red carpet at the show! Working through printing options, paint stylings, screen types, and hours (and hours) of programming the custom animation and video sequences and mapping out their integrations; however, it's all worth it when you start seeing it come together! Love it or hate it, this topper is a sight to behold and we hope all of you making the trip to the show will swing by our booth to come check it out in-person.

#26942 37 days ago

Got my GZ Premium in late November and played it a *lot* during December, especially for the 12 Days of Kaiju event. ~300 games in all, I think. I went into GZ mostly blind to the rules and deeper gameplay, on purpose. My "disappointment" at only being able to get halfway to the 25B requirement for the final badge[s] led to decreased plays in January & February while focusing my limited pinball time on my other pins.

However, I've finally started playing my GZ again more often, and last night I got to Planet X for the first time. Had no idea what to expect and drained while flailing, trying to hit the scoop with the timer counting down. I assume that was the final shot needed. Also encountered RAMPAGE for the first time in the same game. I'm still hunting for Terror of Mechagodzilla; haven't played that yet. I've only ever locked all three balls in Monster Zero once. So you can get the idea of what kind of novice player I am. (My GC score is 1.9B but I average 160M.)

Anyway, all told it was a genuine dopamine rush, and breathed some new life into a pinball machine that hasn't grabbed me as much as I thought it would. Cheers!

#26943 37 days ago
Quoted from Tophervette:

A Tilt Warning? Wait, you mean the game does not shut down immediately?

Oh we are going to need a report back once you learn it. As a few people have said, modern games usually have 2 tilt warnings, then the actual tilt. I think it was WOZ that by default had the funky 2 warnings per game. But for the most part, a modern Stern will give you 2 per ball. There is also a "debounce" time between them, which means that for a small fraction of a second, you can't take more than one warning, so a big nudge on the game is going to take one, and "might" take 2 for the "double danger". Then you have to be very gentle and strategic.

So play for a while, and then let us know if you are losing less down the center. Don't take it all the way to bangbacks or death saves, just yank that flipper into the path of the ball if it is close to the edge of the center drain.

#26944 37 days ago
Quoted from Tophervette:

I have not been a nudger/slammer/banger/shaker of pinball machines.

Nudging is definitely an art, and being able to pull it off without triggering warnings is a skill worth developing if you want to get better. ABE_FLIPS has a great 2 part tutorial on this.

#26945 37 days ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Nudging is definitely an art, and being able to pull it off without triggering warnings is a skill worth developing if you want to get better. ABE_FLIPS has a great 2 part tutorial on this.

Not sure how I've never seen this but thank you for sharing! Crazy helpful!!

#26946 37 days ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Not sure how I've never seen this but thank you for sharing! Crazy helpful!!

Thank our German pal ABE_FLIPS for putting it together! He has some great tutorial videos.

#26947 35 days ago

i went to planetx for first time and i swear i had 2 extra balls going in. but once i drained on pxmb, it was game over.

does px kill your extra balls? or am was i wrong about having 2 in the chamber?

#26948 35 days ago
Quoted from TheBananaPeel69:

i went to planetx for first time and i swear i had 2 extra balls going in. but once i drained on pxmb, it was game over.
does px kill your extra balls? or am was i wrong about having 2 in the chamber?

I drained on Planet X last night with an extra ball and I got to play it.

#26949 35 days ago

I was expecting someone to mention the ABE_FLIPS videos. So well done and those tutorials have upped my game and countless others.

He's supposed to be working on a full length tutorial. If memory serves it was intended to be ~90 minutes? I don't recall where I saw that, maybe in the description of one of the YouTube videos but I'm looking forward to it. Not sure what more in skills you can cover unless it includes interviews with early pioneers but on the lookout for it nonetheless.

Microflips too, I'm still working on all of the skills but getting the hang of those have helped set up so many shots and prevented unwanted drains. I still drain trying to implement them but it's impressive when you start pulling it off.

#26950 35 days ago

So the mention of the AbeFlips videos got me wanting to practice my nudging yesterday, and partway through a game my bottom left flipper just stopped flipping (The top one flips fine). I did a coil test in diagnostics and it's not firing. Is it likely a coil? Could a wire have come loose? Any thoughts/help would be really appreciated.
Of course I have a week off next week and the machine goes on the fritz :\

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
O'fallon, IL
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 375.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinMod Industries

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Myers, FL
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

11,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
There are 27,292 posts in this topic. You are on page 539 of 546.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/539 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.