IMG_0503 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240714_214611057.MP (resized).jpg
GZ BnW 1 (resized).jpeg
ernestshock.gif
IMG_6707 (resized).jpg
G Gomez 1 (resized).jpg
G Gomez 2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,192 posts in this topic. You are on page 536 of 564.
#26751 5 months ago

Sorry to steer the thread back to the subject of balls, but I was looking at different sites that sell balls and was wondering what type of ball is best to use on a game such as Godzilla (which uses magnets as key features). I did look at the Ball Baron website, but it seems their balls are only good for games that do not employ magnets. Pinball Life does not give much info on their product and I assume it is simply the product that comes with new Stern machines.

The way I see it is that there are two choices, right? Carbon Steel or Chrome Steel. Question is which one to use on a game that employs magnets, such as Godzilla.

#26752 5 months ago

You want to use the carbon steel balls. The chrome ones will magnetize.

#26753 5 months ago
Quoted from Pinpals:

Please help! I cannot start bridge multiball anymore, the bridge destruction will get to 100% destroyed per usual with the coil firing at each 25% as usual, but then there will be no rapid coil bridge firing sequence and the bridge out light will not be lit, hitting the ramps won't do anything, any tips?

So I solved my own problem with the help of Adam from Stern tech support. I am surprised that this has not happened to anyone else but when I adjusted the building height to help with stuck balls at the building entrance, it stopped the ability to start bridge multiball. Lowering it a bit fixed the problem.

#26754 5 months ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Sorry to steer the thread back to the subject of balls, but I was looking at different sites that sell balls and was wondering what type of ball is best to use on a game such as Godzilla (which uses magnets as key features). I did look at the Ball Baron website, but it seems their balls are only good for games that do not employ magnets. Pinball Life does not give much info on their product and I assume it is simply the product that comes with new Stern machines.
The way I see it is that there are two choices, right? Carbon Steel or Chrome Steel. Question is which one to use on a game that employs magnets, such as Godzilla.

Carbon Steel for Godzilla. And Ball Baron does carry them.

https://ballbaron.com/product/pinball-carbon/

#26755 5 months ago

First, I just installed 6 new Ball Baron Carbon steel balls from Pinball Life. They worked great with Magna Grab and MechaGodzilla magnets.

Second, in my frustration as an average pinball player with a max score of 850,000,00 one time on 6 balls and easy settings, I decided to up the ante and go with the max of 10 balls. I wanted to see more 2 cities and 2 monsters. Now my games are in 500,000,000 range. However, since I changed to 10 balls, My scores are no longer registered as a high score with initials. With 6 balls it allowed me to have my one 850 million game and the rest were in the 400's. My new games with 10 balls do not save as high score. I guess this is in the code.

But at least I did get to see King of the Monsters for a few minutes.

#26756 5 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

You say you rolled by hand, but have you tried going into switch test and using the flippers to shoot through the building to see if the rollover switch in the Wallop lane is consistently registering? I know a few people have had an issue before where fast shots weren't registering and they had to adjust the wire for Switch 53, and when they rolled it by hand it wasn't showing the problem because it doesn't accurately simulate the situation (fast shots) that's causing the problem.
If you haven't done it already, I'd take the glass off, block the drain with a rag, and do switch test using the flippers to hit shots through the building a bunch of times. You should see Switch 53 Building Exit register for every shot through the building. If it doesn't register for some shots, then you need to adjust the wire.

Problem rearose after a few plays of solid consistency. Really hoping the Cap will fix it. Went to switch test and 53 is firing very consistently from the flipper. The optos don't really have time to show, I'm guessing because the shot is so fast and 53 fires before the screen can register the shot? Optos work when slow with my finger and balls (Giggity), but not when shooting from the flipper. I'm waiting on the Cap to arrive, but I'll call Stern in the meantime. Only problem is I'll be at work not at home with my machine. Any ideas?

#26757 5 months ago
Quoted from Tophervette:

First, I just installed 6 new Ball Baron Carbon steel balls from Pinball Life. They worked great with Magna Grab and MechaGodzilla magnets.
Second, in my frustration as an average pinball player with a max score of 850,000,00 one time on 6 balls and easy settings, I decided to up the ante and go with the max of 10 balls. I wanted to see more 2 cities and 2 monsters. Now my games are in 500,000,000 range. However, since I changed to 10 balls, My scores are no longer registered as a high score with initials. With 6 balls it allowed me to have my one 850 million game and the rest were in the 400's. My new games with 10 balls do not save as high score. I guess this is in the code.
But at least I did get to see King of the Monsters for a few minutes.

Sounds like you accidentally turned the "allow high scores" to off or never(i forget the exact verbage). There is a setting in the menu. The number of balls shouldn't have anything to do with wether you can enter your initials for a high score.

#26758 5 months ago

Just joined the club with a NIB GZ Premium. I made a few initial adjustments to turn down the power on the trough ball eject, installed a trough protector, and added some carbon steel balls (kept the Stern ones as backups). Game has been playing pretty good out of the box - I think I need to make an adjustment to the magnet for the magna grab shot to work better and the ball did get caught on the gap between the building and the playfield once (not sure what the solution is for that yet). Happy to be here!

#26759 5 months ago
Quoted from bwalter:

I toss the Stern factory balls immediately and replace the balls in my pins every couple hundred plays. 1000 plays? That’s just asking for trouble.
Pinballs are cheap. Playfield repair is not.

I used BC Precision Balls. The Stern balls were tossed. BC Precision has been one of the top recommended ball brands. My BC Precision balls are chipped to hell.

#26760 5 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

You say you rolled by hand, but have you tried going into switch test and using the flippers to shoot through the building to see if the rollover switch in the Wallop lane is consistently registering? I know a few people have had an issue before where fast shots weren't registering and they had to adjust the wire for Switch 53, and when they rolled it by hand it wasn't showing the problem because it doesn't accurately simulate the situation (fast shots) that's causing the problem.
If you haven't done it already, I'd take the glass off, block the drain with a rag, and do switch test using the flippers to hit shots through the building a bunch of times. You should see Switch 53 Building Exit register for every shot through the building. If it doesn't register for some shots, then you need to adjust the wire.

I bought my GZ Premium used and it is my only pin. Are you saying that every ball that exits the building should be caught by the magnet? That has not been my experience, but there was really no way for me to know that it might not be operating correctly. My experience is that it will catch the slower balls, but faster shots come back to the right flipper. That always seemed reasonable since catching slower balls probably does save a drain and the faster balls are not a problem. Also introduces some variety and variation in game play.

#26761 5 months ago

Does anyone know if there is a way to force a ball search in the middle of a game?

I'm experiencing an issue where my launch off the shooter rod will rattle up the Mecha Lane and get caught behind the rotating Mechagodzilla ramp. The machine will not perform an automatic ball search, presumably because no switches were activated and it does not realize a ball is in play. Yet strangely, the auto-plunge will not work either. So the machine knows it ejected a ball from the trough, it knows there is no ball in the outlane (i.e. the auto-plunge not working), yet it does not realize a ball is in play and is stuck somewhere on the field? I don't understand its logic.

If I hold down the start button, it will begin a new game but it will not eject a new ball from the trough. If I cancel the game (left flipper+start), it will auto-plunge as if it thinks there is a ball in the outlane.

#26762 5 months ago
Quoted from gofast23:

I bought my GZ Premium used and it is my only pin. Are you saying that every ball that exits the building should be caught by the magnet? That has not been my experience, but there was really no way for me to know that it might not be operating correctly. My experience is that it will catch the slower balls, but faster shots come back to the right flipper. That always seemed reasonable since catching slower balls probably does save a drain and the faster balls are not a problem. Also introduces some variety and variation in game play.

No, not every ball should be caught. There are some shots that come through the wallop lane that come screaming back at the flippers. But for the ones that should be caught the rollover switch in the wallop lane needs to register.

And I'm glad to see there's a Godzilla in Kalispell! I grew up in Whitefish. Haven't been back in a long time though.

#26763 5 months ago
Quoted from gofast23:

Does anyone know if there is a way to force a ball search in the middle of a game?
I'm experiencing an issue where my launch off the shooter rod will rattle up the Mecha Lane and get caught behind the rotating Mechagodzilla ramp. The machine will not perform an automatic ball search, presumably because no switches were activated and it does not realize a ball is in play. Yet strangely, the auto-plunge will not work either. So the machine knows it ejected a ball from the trough, it knows there is no ball in the outlane (i.e. the auto-plunge not working), yet it does not realize a ball is in play and is stuck somewhere on the field? I don't understand its logic.
If I hold down the start button, it will begin a new game but it will not eject a new ball from the trough. If I cancel the game (left flipper+start), it will auto-plunge as if it thinks there is a ball in the outlane.

Here's a post where someone had the same issue awhile back. Not sure if it was a bug in the code not activating ball search or if there was a switch activating that kept the machine from going into ball search.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/402#post-7511337

And here's a pic I posted awhile back showing where I put a cabinet bumper to prevent traps in that spot. The ball can still get stuck with the bumper there, but having the bumper there makes it so it only takes a gentle nudge to free it. Whereas without the bumper there isn't any amount of nudging that was freeing it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/59#post-6612467

#26764 5 months ago

#29 TEP Topper coming out party!

Top8 (resized).JPGTop8 (resized).JPGTop9 (resized).JPGTop9 (resized).JPGTop10 (resized).JPGTop10 (resized).JPG
#26765 5 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

No, not every ball should be caught. There are some shots that come through the wallop lane that come screaming back at the flippers. But for the ones that should be caught the rollover switch in the wallop lane needs to register.
And I'm glad to see there's a Godzilla in Kalispell! I grew up in Whitefish. Haven't been back in a long time though.

Small world! I'm confident you wouldn't recognize the area anymore. Greatly built up over the past decades. Which says a lot considering most would still consider it a rural area.

I'll plan to check switch #53 just to be sure. But not unhappy with the way it plays now so won't really put much effort into it.

#26766 5 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Here's a post where someone had the same issue awhile back. Not sure if it was a bug in the code not activating ball search or if there was a switch activating that kept the machine from going into ball search.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/402#post-7511337
And here's a pic I posted awhile back showing where I put a cabinet bumper to prevent traps in that spot. The ball can still get stuck with the bumper there, but having the bumper there makes it so it only takes a gentle nudge to free it. Whereas without the bumper there isn't any amount of nudging that was freeing it.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/59#post-6612467

I like your solution and its easy to implement. If only there a similarly simple solution to the flat spot at the top of the loop. I have a unique ability to get it stuck up there frequently.

#26767 5 months ago

chrometron

Quoted from gofast23:Does anyone know if there is a way to force a ball search in the middle of a game?

I put one of those adhesive silicon dots here about 1000 plays ago and haven’t had 1 single stuck ball since. Regarding the rattling plunges, I picked up the shooter lane fix from Chrime Candy and that has resolved about 95% of my botched plunges.

IMG_7673 (resized).jpegIMG_7673 (resized).jpegIMG_7674 (resized).jpegIMG_7674 (resized).jpeg
#26768 5 months ago
Quoted from gofast23:

I like your solution and its easy to implement. If only there a similarly simple solution to the flat spot at the top of the loop. I have a unique ability to get it stuck up there frequently.

I have coin door ball saver (with tilt disabled) specifically for this!

#26769 5 months ago

I have a problem that acts up once every few games.
The VERTICAL UP-KICKER fires but occasionally it results in the ball not quite making it into the shooter lane every few games.
Now instead of it firing a ball again, because the ball never made it up, nothing happens.
This forces me to open the coin door and manually operate the VERTICAL UP-KICKER to put a ball in play. Any ideas as to what is going on here?

#26770 5 months ago
Quoted from FamDocKevin:

Can't say I'm thrilled with the quality control of Stern placing stickers on the building. (I've taken the bridge off the mod it -- it didn't come that way.). But seriously, how do you screw up simple things on a machine that costs more than some decent used cars?
[quoted image]

Stern has kindly sent me replacement decals for the building where the stock decal was upside-down. Dumb question: Do I simply place the new decal on top of the old one, or is there a most-efficient way to remove the old decal?

#26771 5 months ago

Quoted from newpinbin:

The VERTICAL UP-KICKER fires but occasionally it results in the ball not quite making it into the shooter lane every few games.
Now instead of it firing a ball again, because the ball never made it up, nothing happens.
This forces me to open the coin door and manually operate the VERTICAL UP-KICKER to put a ball in play. Any ideas as to what is going on here?

Turn up the power, or balls are badly magnetized. Had that happen on gz, replaced with carbon core, no more issues.

#26772 5 months ago
Quoted from FamDocKevin:

Stern has kindly sent me replacement decals for the building where the stock decal was upside-down. Dumb question: Do I simply place the new decal on top of the old one, or is there a most-efficient way to remove the old decal?

Yes you could just add one decal over the original upside down one and only you will know. Alternatively, you could use a hair dryer on high that would heat up the glue on the decal. Then with an xacto knife, pull up a corner and peal off slowly. Then put new one on.

#26773 5 months ago

On your machine, when the ball hits Mechogodzilla's magnetic chest, where is your ball sticking?
Mine is barely hanging on the bottom of his chest. It works and all, but was wondering if others had a proper centered ball once attached to Mecho's chest?

#26774 5 months ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Quoted from newpinbin:

Swap your balls out. Mine were magnetized and did that. problem solved.

#26775 5 months ago
Quoted from gandamack:

On your machine, when the ball hits Mechogodzilla's magnetic chest, where is your ball sticking?
Mine is barely hanging on the bottom of his chest. It works and all, but was wondering if others had a proper centered ball once attached to Mecho's chest?

Mine has always hung under the magnet. I've not seen one hold it higher. With the magnet being rounded, I don't see how it could be held higher really.

#26776 5 months ago
Quoted from WestCoastAussie:

Mine has always hung under the magnet. I've not seen one hold it higher. With the magnet being rounded, I don't see how it could be held higher really.

Same

#26777 5 months ago
Quoted from WestCoastAussie:

Same

#26778 5 months ago

When I first got mine, the first ball would hit the magnet, then the other two balls would actually shoot out and all three stick together until the magnet released. I thought this was by design (as it made sense).

However after fixing my shooter lane, the 2 other balls now pass under the first ball. Not nearly as exciting IMO. Guessing that lip was making them jump higher.

#26779 5 months ago

Does anyone know what the lowest amount of time you can compete king of the monsters time attack mode with is? It seems to award you 5 seconds for the final shot into the scoop. I managed to finish it yesterday with 4.755 seconds.

#26780 5 months ago
Quoted from CapeCodPin:

Swap your balls out. Mine were magnetized and did that. problem solved.

I have a similar issue that was *not* solved by putting in brand new Ball Baron Polaris balls. Stern is sending me new trough boards.

Quoted from newpinbin:

Was yours also from the December run? I don't have to open mine up (it detects there is no ball in the shooter lane), but after the ball gets stuck in the jam position at some future point I get double balls in the shooter lane.

#26781 5 months ago
Quoted from greenhorn1:

Does anyone know what the lowest amount of time you can compete king of the monsters time attack mode with is? It seems to award you 5 seconds for the final shot into the scoop. I managed to finish it yesterday with 4.755 seconds.

IDK about that specific one but there is at least a full second of "grace" time on many shots and timed modes etc.

#26782 5 months ago
Quoted from nickrivers:

Problem rearose after a few plays of solid consistency. Really hoping the Cap will fix it. Went to switch test and 53 is firing very consistently from the flipper. The optos don't really have time to show, I'm guessing because the shot is so fast and 53 fires before the screen can register the shot? Optos work when slow with my finger and balls (Giggity), but not when shooting from the flipper. I'm waiting on the Cap to arrive, but I'll call Stern in the meantime. Only problem is I'll be at work not at home with my machine. Any ideas?

I need to understand something ref building exit switch 53.
Assuming this switch should register every single time within gameplay? Or does the code suppress it on occasion?
I have installed a new microswitch and removed all mods.
In test mode, I do the flipper/ball switch tests through the building and it registers every time.
However, during gameplay with glass off, I can roll a ball through the building past the entrance optos to the exit gate 53 and sometimes it will just stop incrementing the gate 53 score and magnet won’t grab. It can be fine for a few games then feels like it stops registering.
I’ve disconnected - reconnected connectors etc… including C12 on node board.
Trying to ascertain if this is abnormal behaviour.
Kinda knew there was a problem when the Oxygen Destroyer wouldn’t cancel 10 second countdown going through the building.
I’m sure I only started getting issues after I updated to latest code but could be wrong.

#26783 5 months ago

Does anyone know how to light Kaiju Battle in another city after defeating a monster in Tokyo on a premium? I was only able to do it once. most of the time I move to another city, but can never get Kaiju Battle to light. Is there something I'm missing or maybe a switch is broken but it seems like everything on my PF is functioning normally.

#26784 5 months ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

I need to understand something ref building exit switch 53.
Assuming this switch should register every single time within gameplay? Or does the code suppress it on occasion?
I have installed a new microswitch and removed all mods.
In test mode, I do the flipper/ball switch tests through the building and it registers every time.
However, during gameplay with glass off, I can roll a ball through the building past the entrance optos to the exit gate 53 and sometimes it will just stop incrementing the gate 53 score and magnet won’t grab. It can be fine for a few games then feels like it stops registering.
I’ve disconnected - reconnected connectors etc… including C12 on node board.
Trying to ascertain if this is abnormal behaviour.
Kinda knew there was a problem when the Oxygen Destroyer wouldn’t cancel 10 second countdown going through the building.
I’m sure I only started getting issues after I updated to latest code but could be wrong.

I think I'm in the same boat here. Only I hadn't updated to the newest code until experiencing issues. Maybe it was the update before the previous code?

The biggest diagnostic problem for me is fast balls from the right flipper. In switch mode everything fires, even fast shots. In game mode, hand rolled balls will always grab, but the problem comes from fast shots. I've come to the conclusion that the switch is fine which is why I'm replacing the cap. The optos appear to be 100% but I don't know much about adjusting those to tackle that just yet. If I get past all those steps it must be a bug in the code. I have also noticed the Oxygen Destroyer not firing despite a fully looped ball. Pretty annoying. For me the magnet issue has made it miserable to play. Now that I'm consistently beating 2 Kaiju before starting a multiball, it renders all my hardwork useless. I end up draining trying to damage the building, or tilting out to make up for the Wallop not working.

Magnet cap gets here tomorrow and I will report back with any improvments.

#26785 5 months ago

Brand new godzilla man here! Atleast pretty close to brand new and I have a question about the bridge. When it says bridge has been completely destroyed and the bridge goes all up and down and buckwild at the end should it be staying broken or should it be going back to normal? I feel like it should be staying broken but my bridge always ends all the craziness with being whole again. Let me know and how I might be able to change setting or fix that issue if it is wrong.

#26786 5 months ago
Quoted from Sirgubster9:

Brand new godzilla man here! Atleast pretty close to brand new and I have a question about the bridge. When it says bridge has been completely destroyed and the bridge goes all up and down and buckwild at the end should it be staying broken or should it be going back to normal? I feel like it should be staying broken but my bridge always ends all the craziness with being whole again. Let me know and how I might be able to change setting or fix that issue if it is wrong.

That is how it works. There is a point where it will stay down for a bit, however, it always return to the up right position. There is no setting to have it stay down.

#26787 5 months ago
Quoted from math08:

That is how it works. There is a point where it will stay down for a bit, however, it always return to the up right position. There is no setting to have it stay down.

Oh really? Does it ever stay broken for more than a couple seconds? I feel like a ball willl rarely if ever fall down off the bridge then right?

#26788 5 months ago

The bridge only stays open when you have super jackpot lit when playing bridge multiball. This allows the ball to fall off the bridge.

#26789 5 months ago
Quoted from tscottn:

Does anyone know how to light Kaiju Battle in another city after defeating a monster in Tokyo on a premium? I was only able to do it once. most of the time I move to another city, but can never get Kaiju Battle to light. Is there something I'm missing or maybe a switch is broken but it seems like everything on my PF is functioning normally.

To relight Kaiju battles you have to shoot both the left and right ramp once each, then put it in the scoop. In Tokyo only you can shoot the same ramp twice. All this is assuning you have it on easy/normal settings. There are yellow lights on the signs by the bridge entrance that will unlight as you qualify each bridge shot. (in Tokyo they both stay lit until you make two shots). Once you do that, the scoop will light for Kaiju battle followed by a callout and Godzilla pulling up in the boxing stance on screen. Shoot scoop. Choose battle.

#26790 5 months ago
Quoted from BFaster:

To relight Kaiju battles you have to shoot both the left and right ramp once each, then put it in the scoop. In Tokyo only you can shoot the same ramp twice. All this is assuning you have it on easy/normal settings. There are yellow lights on the signs by the bridge entrance that will unlight as you qualify each bridge shot. (in Tokyo they both stay lit until you make two shots). Once you do that, the scoop will light for Kaiju battle followed by a callout and Godzilla pulling up in the boxing stance on screen. Shoot scoop. Choose battle.

Thanks for the input. It seems like after I defeat a monster and move out of Tokyo I do hit both ramps but Kaiju never lights again. I will dive into it further thank you

#26791 5 months ago
Quoted from nickrivers:

I think I'm in the same boat here. Only I hadn't updated to the newest code until experiencing issues. Maybe it was the update before the previous code?
The biggest diagnostic problem for me is fast balls from the right flipper. In switch mode everything fires, even fast shots. In game mode, hand rolled balls will always grab, but the problem comes from fast shots. I've come to the conclusion that the switch is fine which is why I'm replacing the cap. The optos appear to be 100% but I don't know much about adjusting those to tackle that just yet. If I get past all those steps it must be a bug in the code. I have also noticed the Oxygen Destroyer not firing despite a fully looped ball. Pretty annoying. For me the magnet issue has made it miserable to play. Now that I'm consistently beating 2 Kaiju before starting a multiball, it renders all my hardwork useless. I end up draining trying to damage the building, or tilting out to make up for the Wallop not working.
Magnet cap gets here tomorrow and I will report back with any improvments.

Than you sir, please keep me updated.
I have spent many hours / days trying to get this sorted. I am 100 % it’s not a physical switch 53 issue as i’ve replaced with a nice solid clicky feeling one compared with the original. The cable and connector beneath playfield appear fine. This issue is killing the gameplay…. I have an LE with under 400 plays. As they say in troubleshooting…. what changed before the issue materialised, I did latest code update then started having issues...could be a coincidence though.
With glass off In gameplay, I will use a ball to simulate hitting all targets, scoop, pop bumpers etc…… even playing with glass off. Nothing will go wrong…. Even after several games. Then the switch will stop registering, you can tell cause the score will not increment and magnet doesn’t grab. I will then using a ball including manually activate switch 53 with my finger, it will fail to register any score…… then I will hit other targets etc…. Go back to the switch 53 then it will start operating again. It’s got me baffled

#26792 5 months ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

I have spent many hours / days trying to get this sorted. I am 100 % it’s not a physical switch 53 issue as i’ve replaced with a nice solid clicky feeling one compared with the original. The cable and connector beneath playfield appear fine. This issue is killing the gameplay…. I have an LE with under 400 plays. As they say in troubleshooting…. what changed before the issue materialised, I did latest code update then started having issues...could be a coincidence though.
With glass off In gameplay, I will use a ball to simulate hitting all targets, scoop, pop bumpers etc…… even playing with glass off. Nothing will go wrong…. Even after several games. Then the switch will stop registering, you can tell cause the score will not increment and magnet doesn’t grab. I will then using a ball including manually activate switch 53 with my finger, it will fail to register any score…… then I will hit other targets etc…. Go back to the switch 53 then it will start operating again. It’s got me baffled

Interesting. I’m surprised that we both have this issue both Pro and LE. Also surprised no one else to my knowledge and in my searches is talking about it.

I feel the same way about the code. I literally went from one day everything working to having issues the next.

#26793 5 months ago

Does Godzilla pro come from Stern with Mylar installed around scoop and saucer area? Also the lane leading to left ramp?

I purchased from original owner. He did mention installing Mylar on shooter lane day one. Did not mention any other protection. Just curious, thanks!

IMG_2365 (resized).jpegIMG_2365 (resized).jpeg
#26794 5 months ago
Quoted from math08:

The bridge only stays open when you have super jackpot lit when playing bridge multiball. This allows the ball to fall off the bridge.

Ohhhhhhhhh ok thank you! Hope to see that someday.

#26795 5 months ago
Quoted from Bill6271:

Does Godzilla pro come from Stern with Mylar installed around scoop and saucer area? Also the lane leading to left ramp?
I purchased from original owner. He did mention installing Mylar on shooter lane day one. Did not mention any other protection. Just curious, thanks!
[quoted image]

Just for future reference, any mylar that has really nice looking and even curves or edges like that nice rounded one you see there is likely from the factory. Sure people could cut those themselves with a die cutter or laser but most will not.

Edit: The most common aftermarket "sling" protectors will likely have a nice curve on them as well, but with those there is no removal of playfield items to install them.

#26796 5 months ago

A unique photo op... This was out at a toy show in mankato minnesota last weekend.

20240204_143954 (resized).jpg20240204_143954 (resized).jpg20240204_144318 (resized).jpg20240204_144318 (resized).jpg
#26797 5 months ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

So good news and bad news. Good news is the new Magna Grab Cap has seemed to improve the consistency a little bit. The bad news is I have no idea why. It seems the Wallops(or whatever the center shot whipping off the magnet is called) are activating a bit more. But without any rhyme or reason, I can't in good faith call it a resolved issue. I understand during multiballs the center shot does not result in a Wallop and drain in an effort to end your multiball mode. Looks like I'll call Stern and try to see what the proper function of the center shot is. I also have seen some people commenting that the three balls for Godzilla Multiball are not supposed to stick together? A lot of this stuff isn't to my knowledge in the manual so it'll be interesting to get some answers if possible.

This reddit post is interesting where people have just decided the game's design is to "just not work half the time?" Has this been confirmed to be the case?
https://www.reddit.com/r/pinball/comments/uu9eqc/can_the_godzilla_pro_magnet_be_changed/

#26798 5 months ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

I would still encourage you to change the cap and see if it helps. It definitely improved the smoothness of the swinging action which helps Imposter shots.

IMG_5323 (resized).jpegIMG_5323 (resized).jpeg

#26799 5 months ago
Quoted from nickrivers:

I would still encourage you to change the cap and see if it helps. It definitely helped the swinging action which helps Imposter shots.
[quoted image]

Where did you order the replacement cap?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Boise, ID
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alabaster, AL
$ 125.88
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ChainsawMods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Clovis, CA
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Side Gig Studios

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Traverse City, MI
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 28,192 posts in this topic. You are on page 536 of 564.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.