Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,318 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 547.
#2601 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Yes the campiness of Godzilla cant be beat! And I love the guys voice call outs!

Not that it matters at all, but its the same guy as BM66 right?

#2602 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

I have a Deadpool premium coming in the next run. I'm going back and forth with myself ( A LOT )! to either sell it or trade it for a Godzilla. I'm thinking the trade option is off the table since its brand new. But man I REALLY want that Godzilla. Since you guys own one how do you feel about it? Its a keeper? Am I an idiot for wanting to get rid of DP for a Godzilla? I have a lot of down time lately and this is what's going through my head.

I have both Machines, both are premiums, and both are great games. (Godzilla definitely has the edge on flow and shot combinations).

Tough decision for sure, even for me it would still be a tough one and I’ve owned DP for 3 years now and have over 3000 games on it.

I suggest you decide by “which theme” you love more. That’s what I would do.

Or find the means to own both!

#2603 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

I have both Machines, both are premiums, and both are great games. (Godzilla definitely has the edge on flow and shot combinations).
Tough decision for sure, even for me it would still be a tough one and I’ve owned DP for 3 years now and have over 3000 games on it.
I suggest you decide by “which theme” you love more. That’s what I would do.
Or find the means to own both!

I wish I could but my Maiden Premium wiped me out for a while haha. oh well. Yeah Godzilla is a dream theme for me. I'm just wrestling and nervous about " selling" a machine on here. Not sure how well that would go. I have zero experience doing that.

#2604 2 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Not that it matters at all, but its the same guy as BM66 right?

Does anyone know who that guy is? It constantly makes me laugh listening to those callouts.

#2605 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Does anyone know who that guy is? It constantly makes me laugh listening to those callouts.

Rick Zieff. He also did the callouts in Iron Maiden, JP and Batman66.

#2606 2 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Rick Zieff. He also did the callouts in Iron Maiden, JP and Batman66.

JP callouts were horrible, had to switch to custom audio.

#2607 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

I wish I could but my Maiden Premium wiped me out for a while haha. oh well. Yeah Godzilla is a dream theme for me. I'm just wrestling and nervous about " selling" a machine on here. Not sure how well that would go. I have zero experience doing that.

I had my first sell go very well. It was local though, guy lived ten minutes away. I didn't want the hassle of shipping so it worked out for both of us.

#2608 2 years ago
Quoted from MLarkin78:

I had my first sell go very well. It was local though, guy lived ten minutes away. I didn't want the hassle of shipping so it worked out for both of us.

FYI shipping is less hassle, companies like STI literally take and ship your machine with legs on.

#2609 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

I have a Deadpool premium coming in the next run. I'm going back and forth with myself ( A LOT )! to either sell it or trade it for a Godzilla. I'm thinking the trade option is off the table since its brand new. But man I REALLY want that Godzilla. Since you guys own one how do you feel about it? Its a keeper? Am I an idiot for wanting to get rid of DP for a Godzilla? I have a lot of down time lately and this is what's going through my head.

I'm currently looking to trade my Deadpool LE (+cash) for a Godzilla LE. I think DP is amazing so was a tough decision to make. If it happens the future will tell if it was the right choice......

#2610 2 years ago
Quoted from MLarkin78:

I'm really hoping if I do this its local. Weird thing is I live on Long Island a HUGELY populated area and its pretty hard to come by any pinheads here. Maybe ill get lucky who knows.

#2611 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

I'm really hoping if I do this its local. Weird thing is I live on Long Island a HUGELY populated area and its pretty hard to come by any pinheads here. Maybe ill get lucky who knows.

Long Island in the house

Don't have a pin to sell you, though. Hi neighbor!

#2612 2 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

Long Island in the house
Don't have a pin to sell you, though. Hi neighbor!

HAH! Well there ya go! nice! Yeah I'm hoping I can get lucky and find someone on the island who would want the DP when I get it. If you know anyone give me a holler.

#2613 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

FYI shipping is less hassle, companies like STI literally take and ship your machine with legs on.

Legs on is absolutely the worst way to ship.

#2614 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Legs on is absolutely the worst way to ship.

Never had an issue, but i dont want to go off topic here

#2615 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

HAH! Well there ya go! nice! Yeah I'm hoping I can get lucky and find someone on the island who would want the DP when I get it. If you know anyone give me a holler.

this is an easy decision. Get your deadpool, then sell your GOTG and put that money towards a godzilla.

#2616 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

If you haven't received the Deadpool yet, wouldn't you just be able to swap the order and whatever you paid towards it to a Godzilla?

That way you wouldn't have to deal with receiving it and then reselling.

#2617 2 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

If you haven't received the Deadpool yet, wouldn't you just be able to swap the order and whatever you paid towards it to a Godzilla?
That way you wouldn't have to deal with receiving it and then reselling.

Not to open up a can of worms here but I'm getting my DP through other means. So that's not an option.

#2618 2 years ago
Quoted from JakePG:

this is an easy decision. Get your deadpool, then sell your GOTG and put that money towards a godzilla.

GOTG was a birthday gift from the wife, that's not going anywhere. What's great is she's getting into this almost just as much as I am.

#2619 2 years ago

I was able to play both a Godzilla Premium and Pro at the Houston Expo this weekend, and I could not get the scoop to be activated for the city selection/battles. I know I needed to hit the left and right ramps to activate, but what's considered the left ramp? The building? I loved both versions and I haven't even seen a lot of the code! That tailwhip shot is so fun.

I'm in a similar spot as the poster above, I have a DP Pro on order but that GZ Pro is looking very tempting now.

#2620 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Cool, I thought I would have to do all the prepwork for shipping. Good to know!, although it was nice being handed a nice stack of cash and I made a new Pinball friend!

#2621 2 years ago
Quoted from pch3727:

I was able to play both a Godzilla Premium and Pro at the Houston Expo this weekend, and I could not get the scoop to be activated for the city selection/battles. I know I needed to hit the left and right ramps to activate, but what's considered the left ramp?

The left ramp It's the farthest left shot above the flipper and to the left of the magnet. You'll see the the 3 LED signs on the backboard as well

#2622 2 years ago

Godzilla code isn't done yet, but what is there currently has more going on that DP in its finished state. DP isn't a bad game and the pro model is one of Stern's best as far as not feeling like you're missing much from the premium, but Godzilla has a more interesting layout and the code on all of Keith's previous games have been outstanding, far better than DP. Godzilla all the way.

#2623 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The left ramp It's the farthest left shot above the flipper and to the left of the magnet. You'll see the the 3 LED signs on the backboard as well

Hahaha it was right in front of me the whole time! I kept thinking to myself it shouldn't be this hard to start the battles... turns out it wasn't.

#2624 2 years ago

My distributor confirmed I’m on the second run for a GZ Prem. Rumor is those are scheduled for March 2022 production. Is that what you guys are hearing also? It’s just hard to believe they’re not making them for 5 months!

#2625 2 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Godzilla code isn't done yet, but what is there currently has more going on that DP in its finished state. DP isn't a bad game and the pro model is one of Stern's best as far as not feeling like you're missing much from the premium, but Godzilla has a more interesting layout and the code on all of Keith's previous games have been outstanding, far better than DP. Godzilla all the way.

Disagree that there's more currently, though I won't be surprised if there eventually is.

Why do you think Deadpool code is finished?

#2626 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

There hasn't been an update for a full year and aside from a small incremental update to add QR functionality, there's nothing to indicate there will be another change to it.

Stern is good about updating their games but its pretty rare for a game thats 3 years old to receive major changes. AC/DC, MET and IMDN are the only ones that I can think of that received major updates this long after their initial release.

#2627 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Wrong product. Asking about Lermods.

Wrong

#2628 2 years ago

Disagree that there's more currently, though I won't be surprised if there eventually is.

Not sure how you can say that Deadpool has more code, it’s also about how the code is structured making it feel extremely repetitive. I can play Godzilla without having to light a battle and still have tons to do, with Deadpool it all revolves around the same three battles over and over again. A big problem is that the mini Deadpool stuff is too secondary and not rewarding enough. Also, Deadpool is 100% code complete

#2629 2 years ago

Godzilla is new and unfamilar - of course it's going to feel more interesting and exploratory compared to something old and familiar.

Godzilla is actually pretty simple right now once you get past the discovery phase... there isn't a ton there. But the area yet to be developed is huge. And the stuff that IS there is fantastic. It also helps greatly that the playfield has so much going on in terms of directions and where the areas of importance are distributed.

I've always considered deadpool avg at best and way overhyped on pinside. Deadpool has more code objectives going on then Godzilla right now, but Godzilla's future looks great.. and godzilla is far more fun as a shooter.

Compare deadpool as it's basically done, while Godzilla is not even halfway done and the playfield is more fun.

#2630 2 years ago

Good Morning - Godzilla LE #462 delivered yesterday! First machine and can’t stop playing it …

Trying to muddle through all of the info, mods, etc. on here. Crazy amounts of info!

72FF5ABB-6736-40DA-A298-29A8168140B1 (resized).jpeg72FF5ABB-6736-40DA-A298-29A8168140B1 (resized).jpeg8A36DD4B-7D51-4A1E-B92A-ABFFD2561568 (resized).jpeg8A36DD4B-7D51-4A1E-B92A-ABFFD2561568 (resized).jpeg
#2631 2 years ago

KEEP DP AND GZ, both amazing games! There are any better pinball machines made yet, but if I had to pick one today, I could not. GZ theme does nothing but I do not buy games solely on theme. For me if the game is fun I keep it.
DP has a better theme for me, but GZ has really cool shots. They are both lots of fun.

#2632 2 years ago
Quoted from Nikko:

Good Morning - Godzilla LE #462 delivered yesterday! First machine and can’t stop playing it …
Trying to muddle through all of the info, mods, etc. on here. Crazy amounts of info![quoted image][quoted image]

Might be worth getting a set of these to keep your wood floor nice.

https://www.pinballlife.com/perfectplay-silicone-leg-leveler-casters-set-of-4.html

#2633 2 years ago

I'm waiting to hear back from my distributor, while I wait figured I would check here. Anyone getting their Premiums yet?

#2634 2 years ago
Quoted from VolitionFlipper:

I'm waiting to hear back from my distributor, while I wait figured I would check here. Anyone getting their Premiums yet?

I did. But I cheated. It's a show game that went to Expo, then MGC, then my house.

Has anybody done a really good looking Xiliens ship replacement for the pop bumper yet?

#2635 2 years ago

My buddy got his but he ordered really early.

#2636 2 years ago
Quoted from Nikko:

Trying to muddle through all of the info, mods, etc. on here. Crazy amounts of info![quoted image][quoted image]

Great pin to start a collection!

#2637 2 years ago
Quoted from JP76:

My buddy got his but he ordered really early.

Good to know, I ordered the first day available. Hopeful it's this week.

#2638 2 years ago

My premium is ready here in Canada. Woot woot!

#2639 2 years ago

Need to paint the spikes blue but digging the poster Godzilla figure recommended by another pinsider on this thread.

2F43CC67-AD47-446B-BFDC-1D3C23E2A80C (resized).jpeg2F43CC67-AD47-446B-BFDC-1D3C23E2A80C (resized).jpeg8A582CA5-ADCE-4A95-AEF7-245A564E2039 (resized).jpeg8A582CA5-ADCE-4A95-AEF7-245A564E2039 (resized).jpegFA519097-472A-4762-9E35-5B9A88D869A5 (resized).jpegFA519097-472A-4762-9E35-5B9A88D869A5 (resized).jpeg

#2640 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Can those of you who’s games do this explain the laws of physics to me? Lol …the building literally aims the balls toward the drain. How are your games going to the left if the game is level and gravity is the same where you live?[quoted image]

No joke, mine kinda scatter both to left and right. Not down the middle.

Added over 2 years ago:

Ya, left side. Oops!

#2641 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Quoted from Rarehero:
“I tried these settings - Godzilla LE main speakers are default 4ohm…changing the setting to 8ohm makes a huge difference in clarity & quality.”
Wow - big difference. This should be pinned for all owners to change. Assuming it’s just the LE speakers right?

LEs are the only ones that ship with upgraded speakers, although I really wouldn't recommend doing this. In the car/home stereo world, it's a very bad idea to run 4 Ohm speakers on an 8 Ohm amplifier system. Doubling resistance in a circuit is like turning on a garden hose full blast and covering up half the hose opening with your thumb.

Translated to the speakers, low impedance speakers on high impedance amps will definitely sound louder at lower volumes, although it creates audio distortion that gets worse as the volume goes up. The distortion "muddyness" is the amp moving the speaker cone way harder than it was designed to do at a given volume, and the byproduct of a larger crossover frequency pushed to the speaker. The additional current draw also generates way more heat that can damage the speaker or the amp transistors. However, amp damage might not be as large of a factor if SPIKE2 boards can still handle 4 Ohm current requirements on the 8 Ohm setting, although it's best for the equipment to keep impedance values aligned.

The advantage of 4 Ohm systems is that they don't need as much power to move speaker cones, meaning that they are more sensitive to subtle sounds than 8 Ohm speakers. I would recommend leaving the speaker settings at 4 Ohms, increasing the low to mid EQ dBs, and lowering the headboard speaker crossover frequency instead. Those changes should get the same tonal results without the potential damage risk of the impedance setting mismatch. Just remember the headboard speakers are likely tweeters, not woofers/subs, so there is a limit to what frequencies are within spec.

#2642 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Deadpool is great and even better when it's in a home environment and you can hear everything and get it dialed in.

I've had my DP Pro for 2 years and have put ~4800 games on it.

I also have Avengers Infinity Quest (AIQ) Premium (and other games) and have put ~3100 games on it in a year.

DP is actually fairly deep. I have 'completed' AIQ many more times than DP, but AIQ is freer with awarding extra balls.

The flow of AIQ is fantastic and I love deep code for home use, but DP is better in music, call outs and video.

For me Godzilla is more of a 'dream theme' so really looking forward to getting my Premium as soon as it's available.

Tough choice, since GZ is new, there will of course be a honeymoon phase and hard to compare with other games you have a lot of time on.

GZ will get a lot of code updates, DP may be done, though I wouldn't be too surprised if they add a stand alone mini game like some newer Stern machines have.

#2643 2 years ago

Who is your distributor? West Coast here and waiting.

#2644 2 years ago
Quoted from PDXFlipper:

I ordered my Premium through Zach & Nicole Meny at FlipnOut. It left their facility in Evansville, Indiana last Friday 11/12 via Fedex and it is scheduled to be delivered in Seattle this Wednesday 11/17. I'm in the process of clearing space for it!

#2645 2 years ago
Quoted from PDXFlipper:

Korner Pocket Billiards in Woodinville.

#2646 2 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

I ordered my Premium through Zach & Nicole Meny at FlipnOut. It left their facility in Evansville, Indiana last Friday 11/12 via Fedex and it is scheduled to be delivered in Seattle this Wednesday 11/17. I'm in the process of clearing space for it!

Oh man, gonna be awesome! Enjoy sir and please share pics.

#2647 2 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

There hasn't been an update for a full year and aside from a small incremental update to add QR functionality, there's nothing to indicate there will be another change to it.
Stern is good about updating their games but its pretty rare for a game thats 3 years old to receive major changes. AC/DC, MET and IMDN are the only ones that I can think of that received major updates this long after their initial release.

As a Stern tea leaves reader, I expect several games that would have at one point been considered code complete no longer should be. Deadpool in particular.

#2648 2 years ago

As a Stern tea leaves reader, I expect several games that would have at one point been considered code complete no longer should be. Deadpool in particular.

That would make me a lot more likely to buy a DP.

The point I see is the physical game is the expensive part and code can be value additive.

#2649 2 years ago

If you are talking about Stern Insider Connected-enabled DLC, then no thanks. My $9k premium better be fully functional.

#2650 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

I agree with whoever mentioned shipping with STI is easier than a local sale. STI offers insurance and they have professionals who move pins daily. Plus you’ll expand the pool of people to sell to and likely command more money for your pin vs limiting to only locals.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Machine - For Sale
Tampa, FL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,318 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/53 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.