PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 548.
#2551 2 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Check this switch[quoted image]

Gotta be that switch! Its crazy this game has lile eight switches on the playfield VS. Other machines that have over

Quoted from Hypercoaster:

nicoy3k I find the MechaGodzilla insert to be the most annoying. If you are gonna use it in modes, then make it clear and point RGDs in it! I'm in a mode looking for a shot only to realize that stupid insert is lit but not in the color that corresponds to the mode because we had to save 50 cents.

It's ridiculous that stern was able to fully RGB Startrek prem/Le back in 2013 but we find ourselves starving for RGB INTEGRATION IN 2021 FROM STERN ALONE! Why not implement something that would make their machines much more intuitive and eye catching? And I'd have to imagine the price cost in just keeping all clear inserts on hand vs a ton of color variations of each insert would be a cost savings worth the change over from single color boards to just all rgb. I hope that spike 3 takes care of this for once and for all!!

#2552 2 years ago

are there art blade for GZ yet?

#2553 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

All Monsters Attack is fantastic. Godzilla vs Kong sucked.

I like pinball

#2554 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

But you're also suggesting Stern add wiring and a jack and a cabinet element TO EVERY GAME for an accommodation that goes AGAINST the game play design... in a world where Stern is eliminating washers on a game. It's comical.
Sell your mods for people who want them - but suggesting Stern build those plug and play into their games to fit those... bizarre.

Um, where did I say I was selling this? Like the lockdown button add-on how-to for Iron Maiden and others I've done, this is strictly a giveaway how-to. If people want to do it for their machine, I've done the legwork for them and will post a how-to. There's negative profit motive in this for me.

Don't invent some kind of controversy to suit your needs.

#2555 2 years ago

Received my Tesla Towers mod from Diddy’s pinball mod’s.
This mod is a must have for Stern Godzilla. The quality is top notch!

Can’t wait to get this into my machine.

Thank you Jen and Tom for this wonderful addition to the world under glass

#2556 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

This mod is a must have Stern Godzilla. The quality is top notch!

38486DFD-29AF-4109-938A-A02DF78A21C2 (resized).jpeg38486DFD-29AF-4109-938A-A02DF78A21C2 (resized).jpeg4EEBE463-9533-443A-AC23-2A82E33D7507 (resized).jpeg4EEBE463-9533-443A-AC23-2A82E33D7507 (resized).jpeg92163118-933E-4186-A889-A32C7154B358 (resized).jpeg92163118-933E-4186-A889-A32C7154B358 (resized).jpeg961C3535-26E0-42E2-8FB9-F90C8B4389C2 (resized).jpeg961C3535-26E0-42E2-8FB9-F90C8B4389C2 (resized).jpeg
#2557 2 years ago

This mod is a must have Stern Godzilla. The quality is top notch!

Do the actual tesla targets you aim for still light up?

#2558 2 years ago
Quoted from Vernisious:

They should but I can’t fully say yet because the mod is still sitting on my table

#2559 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Dunno. For example, gold gathering on jjPotC IS fun, and that's repeatedly tapping the lockdown bar button. Almost the same thing on paper. Charging the heat ray? Not fun. And NO ONE can convince me that moving the magna save from a dedicated button on the side of the cabinet on prior BK's to the lockdown bar improved the game on BK:SoR. It made it SIGNIFICANTLY worse and had nothing to do with "intent" and everything to do with cost cutting.
If this makes the game more fun for people, and they want to buy the couple parts it takes and set it up for their machine, great. Because the heat ray charge aspect of it is not fun now and BK:SoR's magna save has been broken since day one using the lockdown bar for it. My opinion. Yours may be different. But I'm simply putting a how-to out there, not forcing anyone to to it.

Everyone has a different opinion, but I think the heat ray charging is one of, if not the best use of the lock down bar in any game. I like how it's qualified, the strategy of when to use it, and then the challenge of finding the time to get it charge it up.

#2560 2 years ago

First plays after switching out the stock flipper rubbers (thanks for the earlier advice in this thread) and ball is significantly easier to control and get under control.

First three games was on pace to set new highs (until I started to realized and started to think about that). Fell short on the third.

#2561 2 years ago

Fairly easy to do and adds nice ambient lighting to the game is installing post lights under the sling plastics. I used the warm white with orange posts.

3ADC7515-21B0-485C-ACA5-32829A2CD938 (resized).jpeg3ADC7515-21B0-485C-ACA5-32829A2CD938 (resized).jpegD551836A-F807-4380-9E9A-D2F2535870A9 (resized).jpegD551836A-F807-4380-9E9A-D2F2535870A9 (resized).jpeg
#2562 2 years ago
Quoted from MUGEN_4_LIFE:

Gotta be that switch! Its crazy this game has lile eight switches on the playfield VS. Other machines that have over

It's ridiculous that stern was able to fully RGB Startrek prem/Le back in 2013 but we find ourselves starving for RGB INTEGRATION IN 2021 FROM STERN ALONE! Why not implement something that would make their machines much more intuitive and eye catching? And I'd have to imagine the price cost in just keeping all clear inserts on hand vs a ton of color variations of each insert would be a cost savings worth the change over from single color boards to just all rgb. I hope that spike 3 takes care of this for once and for all!!

Some games don’t need it. The inserts and GI color change effects that are there are intuitive and tell you what’s going on. Rainbow effects on this game wouldn’t really add anything. Rick & Morty - it’s a necessity as the colors and effects let you know what dimension you’re in. Not sure what it would add to Godzilla.

#2563 2 years ago
Quoted from Vernisious:

Yes, the mod comes with a splitter so all inserts and flashes still works as they should.

#2564 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

First plays after switching out the stock flipper rubbers (thanks for the earlier advice in this thread) and ball is significantly easier to control and get under control.
First three games was on pace to set new highs (until I started to realized and started to think about that). Fell short on the third.

What did you use? I tried super bands and felt they were too bouncy , have perfect play on now and really like them. Did not have any titans on hand to try,,

#2565 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

What did you use? I tried super bands and felt they were too bouncy , have perfect play on now and really like them. Did not have any titans on hand to try,,

Titans. I don't know titans from superbands from perfect play or anything else, so can't provide expert insights. Just enjoying these so far better than stock. More tacky than those, so definitely not too bouncy. I got green for the flippers, in case color matters (I've read it can, at least for some brands)

#2566 2 years ago

Titans. I don't know titans from superbands from perfect play or anything else, so can't provide expert insights. Just enjoying these so far better than stock. More tacky than those, so definitely not too bouncy. I got green for the flippers, in case color matters (I've read it can, at least for some brands)

I put on Titan Low Bounce, really makes a difference.

#2567 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The pedal setup works for both (or any Spike machine with a lockdown button, really). No one is holding a gun to your head to do it. Don't like it? Don't do it. simple as that.
I'm almost done with the machine so I won't even have one shortly anyway, if you're concerned for my well being. But the instructions will be posted for anyone that wants to do it to make the game more enjoyable FOR THEM.

Exactly, I have a wife, kids, and grandkids that like to play when they come over. If you don't want to use, unplug or kick the pedal under the table

#2568 2 years ago

GZ LE
After a few days of prelim' game play from the delivery...been busy so have not had time to tweak till today.

Cleaned and waxed playfield
Leveled playfield at 6.7 pitch
Swapped out the flipper bands with Titans
Installed pinwoofer and SVS SB1000
Adjusted default upper flipper from 160 to 170
Adjusted from 4ohm to 8ohm

Less drains, hitting loops from 3 to 7. Can consistently hit 3's...
just in a few games played, more concise targeting, better flipper action overall

Sounds 1000% better

Happy friggin' camper

Thanks for posting advise...

#2569 2 years ago

Finally had time to install the Tesla mod from lermods. I specifically went with them due to visibility as the right ramp can still be seen very well yet it completes that side of the pf and they interact with the spinner - blue lighting which looks great.

In case anyone is interested - pics below of what they look like installed.

Here is the link to the mod btw

https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/godzilla-pinball-interactive-tesla-coils

2E20BCD5-8F29-4BE2-9C91-F90FFF988858 (resized).jpeg2E20BCD5-8F29-4BE2-9C91-F90FFF988858 (resized).jpeg5C4F33D4-4BA1-4B49-8A86-224098C263AB (resized).jpeg5C4F33D4-4BA1-4B49-8A86-224098C263AB (resized).jpegBE315684-33FB-47D3-95D7-7129598D9B69 (resized).jpegBE315684-33FB-47D3-95D7-7129598D9B69 (resized).jpeg

#2570 2 years ago

This mod is a must have for Stern Godzilla.

I don’t see this mod for sale in their Pinside store. Do they have another website? I’ve not heard of them previously but those look incredible.

#2571 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Isn’t the game design that it’s supposed to be a risk reward thing of taking your hands off the flippers?

Might as well put rubber bands around the outlane post too to make it even easier.

#2572 2 years ago

Quoted from Rarehero:
“I tried these settings - Godzilla LE main speakers are default 4ohm…changing the setting to 8ohm makes a huge difference in clarity & quality.”

Wow - big difference. This should be pinned for all owners to change. Assuming it’s just the LE speakers right?

#2573 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I don’t see this mod for sale in their Pinside store. Do they have another website? I’ve not heard of them previously but those look incredible.

Here you go:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread/page/5#post-6568966

#2574 2 years ago

JASDF Blue Impulse North American F-86F Sabre responding to the threat of Godzilla.

This is one of three that will be in the game the other two might be by the Tesla towers and Bridge, working out their location now
image0 (resized).jpegimage0 (resized).jpeg

IMG_2716 (resized).JPGIMG_2716 (resized).JPG
#2575 2 years ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

GZ LE
Swapped out the flipper bands with Titans
Installed pinwoofer and SVS SB1000

Like an actual free standing subwoofer in your cabinet?

#2576 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Quoted from Rarehero:
“I tried these settings - Godzilla LE main speakers are default 4ohm…changing the setting to 8ohm makes a huge difference in clarity & quality.”
Wow - big difference. This should be pinned for all owners to change. Assuming it’s just the LE speakers right?

Where do you make that change? I couldn't find the setting in the menus, and in the back box I can see the speakers are labeled 4 ohms but can't see how to change it to 8 ohms.

#2577 2 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Where do you make that change? I couldn't find the setting in the menus, and in the back box I can see the speakers are labeled 4 ohms but can't see how to change it to 8 ohms.

Utility, Volume menus

#2578 2 years ago

superbands are the best. far more durable than perfect play and titan. different material for sure;; they never wear out. I've worn out alot of perfect play rubbers unfortunately, and will never buy them again. go Superbands, or go home!!

#2579 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Utility, Volume menus

Thanks! Tried it, definitely sounds louder but once I normalize volume level (compared to 8 ohm setting) it sounds different, not sure if better? It's odd though because the speakers themselves clearly say 4ohm on them.

#2580 2 years ago

I've also found on my Aerosmith that when I switched to 4ohm speakers, the sounds is far better on the 8ohm setting. Doesn't make any sense but the soundstage is a lot wider and less compressed.

#2581 2 years ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

I've also found on my Aerosmith that when I switched to 4ohm speakers, the sounds is far better on the 8ohm setting. Doesn't make any sense but the soundstage is a lot wider and less compressed.

I've been saying use the 8 ohm setting even with 4 ohm speakers, for a couple years now since I upgraded speakers on my Deadpool Pro and messed with the settings. Seems to act like a 'Loud' setting on car stereos by giving everything a boost at lower volumes.

#2582 2 years ago

Just like the one in post 2262.

#2583 2 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

Like an actual free standing subwoofer in your cabinet?

It's a free-standing under the machine, using the pinwoofer adapter

#2584 2 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Wow! This was a HUGE change ... sounds so much clearer
Thanks for the recommendation!

Big difference! Thanks!

#2586 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Look up the definition of hyperbole.

exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.

No I literally meant it was a terrible movie so definitely not hyperbole.

#2588 2 years ago

I have a Deadpool premium coming in the next run. I'm going back and forth with myself ( A LOT )! to either sell it or trade it for a Godzilla. I'm thinking the trade option is off the table since its brand new. But man I REALLY want that Godzilla. Since you guys own one how do you feel about it? Its a keeper? Am I an idiot for wanting to get rid of DP for a Godzilla? I have a lot of down time lately and this is what's going through my head.

#2589 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

I have a Deadpool premium coming in the next run. I'm going back and forth with myself ( A LOT )! to either sell it or trade it for a Godzilla. I'm thinking the trade option is off the table since its brand new. But man I REALLY want that Godzilla. Since you guys own one how do you feel about it? Its a keeper? Am I an idiot for wanting to get rid of DP for a Godzilla? I have a lot of down time lately and this is what's going through my head.

Both are fun games. Deadpool isn't anywhere near a deep in the ruleset and Godzilla Prem has cooler shots and mechs. Deadpool is a faster game, but if it was me there would be NO QUESTION here. Godzilla all the way.

#2590 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

They are both incredible games. Deadpool is my number 1 pin, but I can see GZ taking it over if the code really gets finished well. If I had to sell one it would be a hard decision but right now I would sell GZ. That might change with more code tho.

#2591 2 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

They are both incredible games. Deadpool is my number 1 pin, but I can see GZ taking it over if the code really gets finished well. If I had to sell one it would be a hard decision but right now I would sell GZ. That might change with more code tho.

See that's what's killing me. I played DP and LOVE IT! but the Godzilla theme is the best I can think of other than my Iron Maiden. The other thing is I never sold a game before and not sure how smooth that is and since I have no "ratings" on here I can see people being skeptical. I don't know. I would have to take it out of the box so I can store it in my house since I don't have a garage.

#2592 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

That’s a good question. I have a DP premium on order, just got Godzilla LE.

Currently Godzilla code is not complete, it might have most of the stuff in but to me it needs a good deal of polish to become great code. However if it turns out like Keith’s other pins that would be my guess. His pins are all well coded.

I’ve played a lot of DP and the code really makes it special with the many sound effects and callouts etc. DP is clearly better code at this point. But it’s not that deep Jack Danger completed everything in like 15 minute game. Still I’m nowhere near as good as he is so I’ll likely never roll the game over (get to the end of the game it starts back at the beginning).

As for shots and toys Godzilla is better imo with the upper flipper shot being able to hit a lot of shots even the scoop shot but that’s more of an accidental shot to me.

Theme of both are great, DP is more comical and Godzilla is more serious.

I decided to buy Godzilla and may not get DP because I’m running out of room and dislike selling my other pins.

#2593 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

See thats whats killing me. I played DP and LOVE IT! but the Godzilla theme is the best I can think of other than my Iron Maiden.

For what's it's worth, I have been borrowing my buddy's Deadpool Pro for the past few months. I consider myself a solid player and, while DP is fast and fun as others have stated, I have found myself growing bored of it much more quickly than I had expected. I only have 3 machines and play them a lot, so perhaps DP would fit better in a larger collection. I have a GZ Premium hopefully coming soon in the first run, but have played a fair amount of GZ Pro and less GZ Premium over the past few weeks. GZ is awesome and I find the shots are more varied, more interesting, and more fun in general. The additional mechs on the premium really bring that to another level. DP is definitely a lot more shallow code-wise and is a bit of a rinse/repeat if you are trying to get to the wizard mod. While GZ's code is apparently still early, I feel like it's already deeper/more varied than DP. If it were me, I'd keep GZ given based on the fact that it seems to have much better staying power...especially if you don't have a large collection.

#2594 2 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

For what's it's worth, I have been borrowing my buddy's Deadpool Pro for the past few months. I consider myself a solid player and, while DP is fast and fun as others have stated, I have found myself growing bored of it much more quickly than I had expected. I only have 3 machines and play them a lot, so perhaps DP would fit better in a larger collection. I have a GZ Premium hopefully coming soon in the first run, but have played a fair amount of GZ Pro and less GZ Premium over the past few weeks. GZ is awesome and I find the shots are more varied, more interesting, and more fun in general. The additional mechs on the premium really bring that to another level. DP is definitely a lot more shallow code-wise and is a bit of a rinse/repeat if you are trying to get to the wizard mod. While GZ's code is apparently still early, I feel like it's already deeper/more varied than DP. If it were me, I'd keep GZ given based on the fact that it seems to have much better staying power...especially if you don't have a large collection.

I have a GOTG and Iron Maiden Premium, DP will be on its way hopefully "soon"? So a fairly small collection if you want to even call it a collection, But after watching a ton of videos of Godzilla I'm torn.

#2595 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

See thats whats killing me. I played DP and LOVE IT! but the Godzilla theme is the best I can think of other than my Iron Maiden.

That’s what is so frustrating about this hobby because while you can always play a game on location to get a taste it’s never as good as owning one where you can set it up and adjust the rules exactly the way you like.

I’ll just say any new pin is a joy to own even if it’s not the best of the best so pick one or the other you’ll be happy you did but sad at the one you didn’t buy.

#2596 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’ll just say any new pin is a joy to own even if it’s not the best of the best so pick one or the other you’ll be happy you did but sad at the one you didn’t buy.

Exactly right.

#2597 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Wrong product. Asking about Lermods.

That's ok as I wasn't replying to you, if you noticed I quoted TigerLaw who was inquiring about the TDiddy towers.

#2598 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Exactly right.

I had XMLE for like 3-4 years time it was my first pin I bought after being out of the hobby for a good few years. I didn’t know anything about other games at the time like Iron Man, Tron, ACDC, SM etc. so I picked XMLE because it was new and I had to suffer though the bad code for a super long time. It was brutal. Nowadays it seems like Keith is a bit better with code, less messy initial code with most of the game working. The cities and how they work is not yet completely in Godzilla code yet.

But my point is even tho I should have maybe skipped XMLE and got Tron instead. I still enjoyed owning XM and don’t regret it except for lost money on it more than had I gotten a more loved pin.

Buying a new pin like Godzilla is different than buying a well established pin like DP. You probably might have played DP a good deal and won’t be discovering new things as often as with Godzilla as the code changes you may find you lose some things as you gain others.

#2599 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

I would trade Deadpool for Godzilla in a nano second. Deadpool is extremely shallow compared to Godzilla, even at only .8 code right now. Godzilla, has more toys, more shots, more code. Deadpool has awesome call outs, humor, and music. But so does Godzilla, I find the hilarious movie clips even funnier than deadpool.

#2600 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I would trade Deadpool for Godzilla in a nano second. Deadpool is extremely shallow compared to Godzilla, even at only .8 code right now. Godzilla, has more toys, more shots, more code. Deadpool has awesome call outs, humor, and music. But so does Godzilla, I find the hilarious movie clips even funnier than deadpool.

Yes the campiness of Godzilla cant be beat! And I love the guys voice call outs!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/52?hl=txcoastal1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.