PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 548.
#2351 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I find the inserts in the game to be pretty odd, they are small and hard to read, and way back in the playfield. No inserts near the slings but rather in the center of the playfield under the wireform intersection so they are obstructed…

I agree, kind of in a hard to see place. I didn't even notice them for my first game or two.

#2352 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I’m glad we agree then!
I think there is a reason why basically every game has the key inserts near the slings/flippers. Not a huge deal, just an observation. It’s combination of position, size, and wireform coverage that makes it awkward for me.

You have been bitching about this game since before it came out. Why did you buy it? Just to pick nits? Point made. Mark it zero and move on, dude.

#2353 2 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

Any LE owners having stuck ball issues like pictured here? Have had to remove the glass 3 or 4 times now to free it.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I know this is older but this was happening to me all the time. I lowered the flipper strength and that seamed to work. I can still make all the shoots just fine.

#2354 2 years ago

Got some bad news. Looks like most of the distributors will only be getting 9 to 10 premiums in each due to the supply chain shortages for the first run

#2355 2 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Got some bad news. Looks like most of the distributors will only be getting 9 to 10 premiums in each due to the supply chain shortages for the first run
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"0486f7cd3bafdc32be32feac1facf8b2fcaf6722-1636725692-1800"};
//]]>

Where'd you hear that

#2356 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

You have been bitching about this game since before it came out. Why did you buy it? Just to pick nits? Point made. Mark it zero and move on, dude.

unnamed (resized).jpegunnamed (resized).jpeg
#2357 2 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

I'm currently using the stock LE speaker setup with an external sub, you think the pinwoofer stern kit would be a major upgrade over that? Just asking because I kinda like having moved the low end out of the pin cabinet itself, seems to minimize rattle.

That’s what my hope is. Curious, did you disconnect the cabinet woofer altogether? I’m also using the stock speakers (LE) and external sub and it still doesn’t compare with my two Stern pins with the kit. Sure, it’s a pinball machine, but it’s a pinball machine I spend a lot of time listening to.

#2358 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I’m discussing the game that I purchased in the thread about the game. I didn’t realize this was the Godzilla circle jerk thread. If you can’t handle some soft criticism of the inserts and foil cabinet then I suggest you take a break from a discussion forum.

#2359 2 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

I'm currently using the stock LE speaker setup with an external sub, you think the pinwoofer stern kit would be a major upgrade over that? Just asking because I kinda like having moved the low end out of the pin cabinet itself, seems to minimize rattle.

It's the best upgrade you can do to your game in my opinion. Better speakers help a bit but until you amplify you'll never hear the true sounds. And not just at high levels, at normal playing levels the sound effects are amazing. I've used only an external sub and have put in better backbox speakers and it does help, but no where near as much.

#2360 2 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"6491df21fa041baaf5b9b8a4eeaad34e860085a0-1636727985-1800"};
//]]>

Don't tell me that as I have already paid for my premium early this week. My distributor has went radio silent on me since payment received. Got me all nervous on if I will get my game next week.

#2361 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Geez calm down. Some small nit picks. It's not like he is taking a huge crap on the game. And even that is acceptable if he has valid points like the one on the inserts. Seems like the inserts are on the small side and directly under the wireform crossing. I'm sure it is something more noticeable when you actually play the game as opposed to game streams.

#2362 2 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

Don't tell me that as I have already paid for my premium early this week. My distributor has went radio silent on me since payment received. Got me all nervous on if I will get my game next week.

ditto

#2363 2 years ago

Yeah, I thought I was in on first run of premiums (already paid), but got updated on Monday that it will be February or maybe even June...

#2364 2 years ago

#2365 2 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

I have heard this as well, but no official confirmation. One thing is for sure there are very few prems rolling in to distro's versus past releases maybe it does have something to do with chip supply issues.

#2366 2 years ago

the paying first now stuff is horse shit,./ this company is raking it in with all the price hikes and now need your money up front. No way man..
In stock. Pay money or just get a deposit. Full payment is so not right.. Thyen have to wait for your Distro to get info and keep after them when deadline given not met.
Allot of Time and your money is locked up for months..Again Not cool.

Quoted from awesome1:

Yeah, I thought I was in on first run of premiums (already paid), but got updated on Monday that it will be February or maybe even June...

#2368 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

the paying first now stuff is horse shit,./ this company is raking it in with all the price hikes and now need your money up front. No way man..
In stock. Pay money or just get a deposit. Full payment is so not right.. Thyen have to wait for your Distro to get info and keep after them when deadline given not met.

I agree and my distributor does nothing like this.he makes you pay when your game is on the line/ shipping week. And he says stern just haven't told him when mine is shipping yet

#2369 2 years ago

Hey Guys
I have heard that the balls are going SDTM on Godzilla multi ball. I came up with this solution but not sure if it will work. I made a curved diverter out of PETG
Anybody want to test this out? Send me a pm with address and Ill send it out. This was mocked up on a pro so I have no idea if it will work or not.

1112211051 (resized).jpg1112211051 (resized).jpg1112211054_HDR (resized).jpg1112211054_HDR (resized).jpg
#2370 2 years ago
Quoted from TFK:

Hey Guys
I have heard that the balls are going SDTM on Godzilla multi ball. I came up with this solution but not sure if it will work. I made a curved diverter out of PETG
Anybody want to test this out? Send me a pm with address and Ill send it out. This was mocked up on a pro so I have no idea if it will work or not.

Very cool, hopefully one of the pinsiders who was experiencing a lot of SDTM from Multi will grab this opportunity and provide some data for the group.

#2371 2 years ago

Brilliant!
Only a genius could come up with this idea!
I hope that diverter works.

#2372 2 years ago

Moders, make a silver action button plastic ring!

C77C4524-7FF8-417B-A0BC-1E7C99AEA4B5 (resized).jpegC77C4524-7FF8-417B-A0BC-1E7C99AEA4B5 (resized).jpeg
#2373 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Moders, make a silver action button plastic ring![quoted image]

I think there are 2 or 3 options already.

#2374 2 years ago

Im sending a sample out today for testing. Hopefully were on the mark otherwise well have to make an adjustment..fingers crossed

#2375 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Moders, make a silver action button plastic ring![quoted image]

Tilt Graphics makes a silver button mod

1112211127 (resized).jpg1112211127 (resized).jpg

#2377 2 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"a006549669fbeec2f743b6314d6aa3ecde785498-1636737019-1800"};
//]]>

Don't do me dirty like this! I've been anxiously awaiting my premium. I jumped on it pretty quick, hopefully I get one of the lucky few from my distributor.

#2378 2 years ago
Quoted from maphreal:

Don't do me dirty like this! I've been anxiously awaiting my premium. I jumped on it pretty quick, hopefully I get one of the lucky few from my distributor.

I just checked with my distributor and I could not confirm this

#2379 2 years ago
Quoted from PDXFlipper:

I just checked with my distributor and I could not confirm this

I really hope it's not true. I was expecting my Premium this week, which is to be my first machine I've owned, so I don't have any other games to hold me over on a long wait.

I might desperation order a ST or TMNT if this ends up being the reality

#2380 2 years ago

My distributor just confirm that the delay is a lie and my premium will be delivered Monday or Tuesday.

#2381 2 years ago

My distributor just confirm that the delay is a lie and my premium will be delivered Monday or Tuesday.

nice

#2382 2 years ago

My distro replied back that it would most likely be next week for his premiums to arrive.

#2383 2 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

That’s what my hope is. Curious, did you disconnect the cabinet woofer altogether? I’m also using the stock speakers (LE) and external sub and it still doesn’t compare with my two Stern pins with the kit. Sure, it’s a pinball machine, but it’s a pinball machine I spend a lot of time listening to.

I've left the internal sub connected but I may try disconnecting it both to see the sound difference and to remove more rattles from the cabinet. I have that pinnovators kit that splits the external sub to 5 machines, definitely curious about the pinwoofer setup but I'm not really an audiophile so I was wondering how noticeable it would be to me.

#2384 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Quoted from PinFever:

I agree. In defense of my Distributor they didn't require pre-payment or even a down payment. I have used them for a couple NIB games in the past and once I got the invoice, I was under the impression and hopes that I was in the first run, so I just went ahead and paid it... or maybe the fact that I paid in full would insure I was in the first release, but it wasn't to be. I fully trust if I wanted my payment back, that I would have no issues getting it back. I indicated as much to them that if I don't make February release, that I will have to explore my options.

Definitely frustrating, but I understand their hands are tied by what Stern can produce. I'm in manufacturing myself, so I fully understand the current supply chain issues. Doesn't help much with my patience though...

#2385 2 years ago

Delayed to Feb-June, not delayed at all, the emotional rollercoaster ... I need a defibrillator

#2386 2 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:Got some bad news. Looks like most of the distributors will only be getting 9 to 10 premiums in each due to the supply chain shortages for the first run

Oh No, he didn't just call Teddyb73's distro a liar! You going top take that lying down Teddy?

In all seriousness I bet dealers were only receiving 9 or 10 to begin with. That's probably the initial run. I don't know how many dealers there are in the USA, but if there are 1 per state, that would be around 500 machines just in the USA alone. Not even counting anything in Canada or overseas. Sounds like a lot to me. I was told I was first in line for a Premium, but I don't have a shipping date as of yet. I inquired a few weeks ago and I was told it would be a few weeks. I want to email again but I don't want to be the guy who keeps bugging him.

#2387 2 years ago
Quoted from mahony:

Oh No, he didn't just call Teddyb73's distro a liar! You going top take that lying down Teddy?
In all seriousness I bet dealers were only receiving 9 or 10 to begin with. That's probably the initial run. I don't know how many dealers there are in the USA, but if there are 1 per state, that would be around 500 machines just in the USA alone. Not even counting anything in Canada or overseas. Sounds like a lot to me. I was told I was first in line for a Premium, but I don't have a shipping date as of yet. I inquired a few weeks ago and I was told it would be a few weeks. I want to email again but I don't want to be the guy who keeps bugging him.

My distro is expecting 28 (well -- that's what they originally told me) Likely you have some distributors covering several states.

#2388 2 years ago

So I know some purists are going to hate me for this, but I purchased a 2021 MonsterArts Godzilla (the Kong vs. Godzilla version) figure for the space in the back. I'm also working with a designer that builds some custom parts to these figures to have him make me a custom beam effect piece to light up and he needs some dimensions before he can quote me a price. Problem is my Premium hasn't shipped yet, so I'm hoping folks here could give me a general sense of how much space we have to work with for these mods?! Even a round about figure would help a ton. Thanks in advance!

#2389 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
I like it!
No flame for me though

Godzilla looks like he's projectile vomiting after a rough night on the town.

#2390 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I got one of order from Rob at Mad Pinball.
Last I checked, he had some more preorder slots open.
https://www.madpinball.com/products/stern-insider-connected-upgrade-kit-preorder

You sure this guy is not a scammer? Website has been up for 77 days, address shows a vacuum shop if you check it out on google maps.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2391 2 years ago
Quoted from MLarkin78:

You sure this guy is not a scammer? Website has been up for 77 days, address shows a vacuum shop if you check it out on google maps.

they're listed on stern's site as a dealer

#2392 2 years ago
Quoted from MLarkin78:

You sure this guy is not a scammer? Website has been up for 77 days, address shows a vacuum shop if you check it out on google maps. [quoted image]

I have talked with him and know that some people on here have had games delivered from him already. Yes he is new but he is officially listed as a Stern distributor. There was another thread where someone called him out that he wasn't listed on Stern's site and he had it quickly resolved with Stern.

#2393 2 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

I have talked with him and know some people that some people on here have had games delivered from him already. Yes he is new but he is officially listed as a Stern distributor. There was another thread where someone called him out that he wasn't listed on Stern's site and he had it quickly resolved with Stern. [quoted image]

Cool, good to know. I will check him out then. Thanks for the clarification!

#2394 2 years ago
Quoted from MLarkin78:

Cool, good to know. I will check him out then. Thanks for the clarification!

I preoredered through them - no complaints so far. No game yet, either though lol. I saw one of the LEs from them was delivered (according to this thread).

I had the same concerns originally that you brought up but I'm now comfortable

#2395 2 years ago

So are pros shipping also?

#2396 2 years ago
Quoted from MLarkin78:

You sure this guy is not a scammer? Website has been up for 77 days, address shows a vacuum shop if you check it out on google maps. [quoted image]

I need a dust filter for a Hoover Max extract pressure pro model 60. Can you help me with that?

#2397 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

So are pros shipping also?

Pros are available. One distro told me they had some but I don’t remember which one.

#2398 2 years ago
Quoted from JP76:

Pros are available. One distro told me they had some but I don’t remember which one.

Ok thanks. Waiting to hear from my distributor. Texted him this week but nothing yet from Stern.

#2399 2 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

Want.

My primary area of concern.

Didnt stern install a scoop protector from factory? It appears so? When I played the pro in NJ it had one on there not sure how good of a design it was but anything is better then nothing!

#2400 2 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Received me LE today, torn side decal and this wonderful playfield, good times

Sorry to see that my friend, Stern will most definitely send you a populated PF and have you send back the Original if your Distro is ontop of their game. That's not a good look for an LE owners machine sadly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Chula Vista, CA
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 27,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/48 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.