PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 548.
#2251 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Btw I have still yet to read anything negative about this game on these boards which is a pinball miracle.
This has to be the most loved game of the new era for sure

I have been playing the pro and am not impressed with the lower right area. A lot of solid shots to the right spinner will come down and drain right outlane or sdtm. Any ball that ends up there without momentum will end up in the right outlane. My scoop feeds the tip of the left flipper. I need to adjust the steepness and nudge better but I like having the tilt installed. I'm interested to see how the premium feels down there.
Other negatives are the upper orbit not feeding the upper flipper. Many people have mentioned not being able to hit the ball with the upper left flipper after an upper loop shot. I think this is just the design they had to go with. It's smooth enough but not Maiden smooth. Lol I even got banned from twitch chat in the pro reveal for stating the loop was clanky. Well, it is. Doesn't bother me much. I'll take the loops I can get and move on but it isn't smooth.
Code is young but the Megalon shots don't light after hitting one. It takes a bit to see the next shot and it seems to be random. Not a biggie, I'm sure it'll get better or I'll get better.
The magnet doesn't grab half of the shots to the building. Probably will be fixed at some point through code.
The non shot to the left of the building (the exit) is the smoothest shot in the game and it's not a shot? It's makeable and IMO should be in the game. It feels so lame to hit a shot in the center of the table and get no credit.
I really am liking this game but to act like it's flawless is silly. Just my opinions. I look forward to learning the game and seeing the code grow.

#2252 2 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I don’t need toys on the game to have fun. It is still a great design and plays great. The toys are awesome but aren’t required by a lot of people in order to have fun.

The toys do not, "wow" me in this game like the shot layouts and shot patterns do. The building is cool but it only moves when locking the ball. I think the Sarcophagus lock and Tropper lock on Iron Maiden Prem is way more satisfying and cooler (hitting that Sarcophagus shot feels great). The only time a mech on this game wowed me was when the ball auto launches and stick to the magna grab. The Pro has that.

#2253 2 years ago

The building exit shot having no inserts and really no function is a pretty big negative imo. Yes, I see you can get a double-super if you hit that shot vs the main building shot, but it still just feels like a non-shot somehow. Needs an insert or something and/or more obvious effect during regular gameplay.

Does it even score building damage in normal play? Didn't seem like it did.

Still was a ton of fun overall - and I can't wait for my Pro, just paid my invoice.

#2254 2 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

The toys do not, "wow" me in this game like the shot layouts and shot patterns do. The building is cool but it only moves when locking the ball. I think the Sarcophagus lock and Tropper lock on Iron Maiden Prem is way more satisfying and cooler (hitting that Sarcophagus shot feels great). The only time a mech on this game wowed me was when the ball auto launches and stick to the magna grab. The Pro has that.

Bro. We are on .80 code. Im sure there is much more to come.

#2255 2 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

Hot off the press! I have an early Godzilla Cliffy set installed. Make sure you reach out to Cliff via his website http://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm or [email protected]. Tell him Brian sent you .[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good, still want to see a VUK protector, do you know if he is working on that Brian?

#2256 2 years ago
CD960E78-2EE9-4261-AB6E-2510C122D9B6.gifCD960E78-2EE9-4261-AB6E-2510C122D9B6.gif
#2257 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Looks good, still want to see a VUK protector, do you know if he is working on that Brian?

And a scoop protector/

#2258 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Want.

Quoted from izzy:

And a scoop protector/

My primary area of concern.

#2259 2 years ago

Today is the day! I think. FedEx has shown Shipment Exception - Emergency for 2 days. But still shows it scheduled for delivery today. I’ve seen that Shipment Exception - Emergency before and then presto it’s out for delivery. So we’ll see!!!

B51FA6C4-BCF8-484C-B47D-ED693568F113.gifB51FA6C4-BCF8-484C-B47D-ED693568F113.gif
#2260 2 years ago
Quoted from Vernisious:

The non shot to the left of the building (the exit) is the smoothest shot in the game and it's not a shot? It's makeable and IMO should be in the game. It feels so lame to hit a shot in the center of the table and get no credit.

You do get credit sometimes. If you do shoot the building exit when godzilla MB super jackpot is qualified, you get 2x super jackpot (vs 1x super jackpot shooting the building

#2261 2 years ago
Quoted from Vernisious:

Other negatives are the upper orbit not feeding the upper flipper. Many people have mentioned not being able to hit the ball with the upper left flipper after an upper loop shot. I think this is just the design they had to go with. It's smooth enough but not Maiden smooth. Lol I even got banned from twitch chat in the pro reveal for stating the loop was clanky. Well, it is. Doesn't bother me much. I'll take the loops I can get and move on but it isn't smooth.
Code is young but the Megalon shots don't light after hitting one. It takes a bit to see the next shot and it seems to be random. Not a biggie, I'm sure it'll get better or I'll get better.
The magnet doesn't grab half of the shots to the building. Probably will be fixed at some point through code.

It’s not the design. I’ve played 2 pros and an Le where the upper loops are buttery smooth. Unfortunately my Le is a rattle trap.

#2262 2 years ago

Received me LE today, torn side decal and this wonderful playfield, good times

20211110_154733 (resized).jpg20211110_154733 (resized).jpg20211110_154740 (resized).jpg20211110_154740 (resized).jpg
#2263 2 years ago

So that you know, I am NOT pissed. Yes, both are Stern's fault but this is not my first bad Stern playfield (My JP LE looks just like that) and I knew about the bad packaging of Stern's (would be easy to add 2inch dense Styro fields on all 4 sides to fill the gap between cabinet and packaging and protect).

I am someone who loves to work on and play the crap out of his machines, all is good, game is INSANE

Thank you Stern and team for this amazing machine.

#2264 2 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

That sucks to see - sorry. I've seen worse ribbing on Stern games before, though. I have had terrible luck in the playfield lottery and I'm really hoping to not add GZ to that list when mine arrives next week.

#2265 2 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:Received me LE today, torn side decal and this wonderful playfield, good times
[quoted image][quoted image]

Kind of matches Godzilla’s watermelon pattern

Tell stern, if it affects ball movement they will send you a populated replacement

#2267 2 years ago

My playfield and 3 of my buddy’s playfields are all crap. Very little clear so woodgrain transfers to the surface. It’s almost like they laid down the art and then added no clear coat at all. I put a playfield protector on mine and will be adding one to one of my buddy’s as soon as it arrives.

#2268 2 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Anyone else having the building VUK making several attempts to get ball up to rooftop?
Default power setting on mine was 180 and about 80% of attempts required a retry
Moved power to 195 now I'm around 75% that it works fon the first try
Not sure if this is a power setting issue vs an alignment or coil sleeve issue but curious if others have experienced the same?
BTW, what a special game this is!
[quoted image]

The VUK is set too high from the factory. I set mine to 150 and it now makes it in one shot all of the time.

#2269 2 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Oh my gosh - I haven't seen one like that since 2019. I'm sorry bro.

What was your build date?

#2270 2 years ago

Finally heard back from the freight company. What day does it turn out my LE should arrive?...

download (resized).jpegdownload (resized).jpeg

Almost here!

#2271 2 years ago

Anyone know why when I battle and defeat Ebirah it always shows him as 3/4 on the screen when i go into another battle? Trying to figure the rules out

#2272 2 years ago

I think you need to hit the pop bumper to complete

Quoted from Vitty:

Anyone know why when I battle and defeat Ebirah it always shows him as 3/4 on the screen when i go into another battle? Trying to figure the rules out

#2273 2 years ago

Looks great. As soon as the rest of the stuff you are doing for the game is done I am ordering!

#2274 2 years ago

Holy Gamma Rays, it’s finally happening. I just received word that my Godzilla LE is making its way and will be here Monday. Hopefully no delays.

C66202D3-B08D-4FDC-B13D-D6DF9DA0103D (resized).pngC66202D3-B08D-4FDC-B13D-D6DF9DA0103D (resized).png
#2275 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

I think you need to hit the pop bumper to complete

Yes, that is correct

#2276 2 years ago

Upgrade!

D49ED73F-2482-47BF-A2F1-DEDA1B9DF175 (resized).jpegD49ED73F-2482-47BF-A2F1-DEDA1B9DF175 (resized).jpeg
#2277 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Here's my solution to the balls going SDTM off the building.
First picture shows normal set up with the plastic guide rails.
Second picture shows I have removed those guide rails completely. The balls when loaded, line up straight across rather than in a line. See picture #4. However, in test the ball furthest to the left was blocked in by the bridge tower and didn't exit. The gate then lowered, trapping the stuck ball and stayed there as the building rose up.
Third picture shows where I placed a black rubber dot on the left side of the cage to nudge all three balls slightly over to the right.
Fourth and final picture shows the line up before the building lowering and launching the balls into play.
I'm gonna continue to test it but so far it works perfectly and with balls going three different directions, it makes for a crazy, random multiball right from the launch. It kinda caught me off guard it was so much fun but then again, I was use to the balls just going SDTM.
I'm still testing so proceed at your own risk. But so far I'm really excited and very, very optimistic.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What are you using to fasten your dot in the game? Looks promising.
Thanks!

#2278 2 years ago

Whattttt!!!! problems with a Stern ...Nooooooooooo

Quoted from DerGoetz:

So that you know, I am NOT pissed. Yes, both are Stern's fault but this is not my first bad Stern playfield (My JP LE looks just like that) and I knew about the bad packaging of Stern's (would be easy to add 2inch dense Styro fields on all 4 sides to fill the gap between cabinet and packaging and protect).
I am someone who loves to work on and play the crap out of his machines, all is good, game is INSANE
Thank you Stern and team for this amazing machine.

may have been the one i cancelled ... At 10800 to the door . It most likely got flipped and someone got the Bad Pf Stern tried to Send me ,i too have no PF lottery luck so i opted out after freaking out that i paid so long ago and other did not(just paid) and somehow got their games before me .. Funny how that happens .... NOT! .

#2279 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Upgrade!
[quoted image]

Is that the Neca 1954 Movie Poster Art version?

#2280 2 years ago

So my LE will be arriving in the next few days. I’m a little nervous there might be damage on it. Do you guys open up the game and check everything before you sign the paperwork? Does the driver usually care if he waits an extra 5-10 min while you check? For those that have damages did you simply not check before signing for it? Thanks

#2281 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

So my LE will be arriving in the next few days. I’m a little nervous there might be damage on it. Do you guys open up the game and check everything before you sign the paperwork? Does the driver usually care if he waits an extra 5-10 min while you check? For those that have damages did you simply not check before signing for it? Thanks

Its worth a$20 tip if the driver is a good guy, then he will be happy to wait a few minutes if you want to unbox

#2282 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Is that the Neca 1954 Movie Poster Art version?

This one

2A020769-CA5F-4AAC-8AF7-CC4834693420 (resized).jpeg2A020769-CA5F-4AAC-8AF7-CC4834693420 (resized).jpeg
#2283 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

I always open and inspect. Driver is usually good about it. They sorta dont have any choice if you aint gonna sign till you open it. I tip 20 bucks if they help me get it up the driveway and are patient will i cut the side open and look at it.

#2284 2 years ago

Anyone else getting lots -- lots -- of airballs hitting through the Mechagodzilla jump ramp? Often with the ball jumping in the ramp that returns to the left in-lane?

My apologies if this has been covered in earlier messages.....

#2285 2 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Anyone else getting lots -- lots -- of airballs hitting through the Mechagodzilla jump ramp? Often with the ball jumping in the ramp that returns to the left in-lane?

Yes lots.

#2286 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Most drivers shouldn't have an issue with it, considering how much they cost.

#2287 2 years ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

What are you using to fasten your dot in the game? Looks promising.
Thanks!

I've been playing the crap out of my game and its working perfectly. Actually better than I expected as it scatters the balls in random directions and the action is unpredictable and super fun. I don't see any negative to doing this and it has cured the SDTM problem.

Go to any office supply store or Google for, self adhesive silicone dots. They come in all sizes and colors. I just grabbed one I had in a junk drawer.

HTB1DBTuLXXXXXXvXpXXq6xXFXXXN (resized).jpgHTB1DBTuLXXXXXXvXpXXq6xXFXXXN (resized).jpg
#2288 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

If any sign of box damage I pop the top and shine a flashlight around looking for any obvious spots, as well as shine a flashlight in to the hole and look around. If no visible damage I just let it ride. I've lucked out in that I have had four arrive with box damage, nothing I have ever had to refuse. The majority of these games arrive with no problem so I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

At the end of the day though, it is up to you and your comfort level. Feel free to pull all the cardboard off and fully inspect until you are happy. The driver really has no choice but to wait until you sign. I have never had a problem with a driver over it, I just let them know I need to check it over before I accept.

#2289 2 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Yeah, but honestly, as far as quirks go - I love hitting Mecha & having the ball land cleanly on the ramp lol

#2290 2 years ago

Damn disappointing… my Godzilla LE showed up today, but it was GnR LE instead. Thought delivery guy was joking, but nope. Not even same pin manufacturer… not sure how distro screws that up.

#2291 2 years ago
Quoted from chickenscratch:

Damn disappointing… my Godzilla LE showed up today, but it was GnR LE instead. Thought delivery guy was joking, but nope. Not even same pin manufacturer… not sure how distro screws that up.

Sure there isnt a box inside a box? other reports of distro's putting a second box to protect them better

#2292 2 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Stern really did go in on every little detail for this game. Even Godzilla skin textured playfields on the LEs.

#2293 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Sure there isnt a box inside a box? other reports of distro's putting a second box to protect them better

I had read about that and wondered myself. I called Automated and they said to refuse, someone screwed up.

#2294 2 years ago
Quoted from chickenscratch:

I had read about that and wondered myself. I called Automated and they said to refuse, someone screwed up.

oopsies

#2295 2 years ago

Just waiting waiting waiting for that FedEx truck to come around the bend

#2296 2 years ago

My GZLE was left on the porch- no driver, no signature. Shouldn't be.

#2297 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Just waiting waiting waiting for that FedEx truck to come around the bend

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2298 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Upgrade!
[quoted image]

I got the same one ! Please show photos installed!

#2299 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

I asked him about that when I sent back install photos. He said he does hope to produce one for VUK area. He's waiting on getting measurements from one of his contacts so that he makes something that fits perfectly. I'll let you all know if/when I hear back from him on that.

#2300 2 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

Want.

My primary area of concern.

He is working on a scoop and VUK protector. Will let you all know when I hear back from him.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Myers, FL
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

There are 27,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/46?hl=purdue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.