PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 548.
#2201 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Anyone else have their bridge plastics start to chip and damage on the ends? I've had the game a day and they look like this.[quoted image]

Godzilla IS destroying the bridge, isn't he? <kidding> Yeah, that's a problem. Do you know the cause? Is it from the ball or from the two halves of the bridge rubbing together? You don't have any chipping on the back side — is it because you've got a bigger gap between the sides there?

#2202 2 years ago
Quoted from UCFKnight71:

For those who own Godzilla Pro, how do you feel about the overall gameplay experience? I got to play the pro a little bit at Arcade Monsters, but they have already replaced it with an LE. The LE is of course, amazing! The pro left me wondering what the "wow" factor feature was. It definitely flowed, had good shots, and fun theme integration. But, the magnet was just "ok" and the building didn't seem to do anything on the pro. It leaves me wondering if Godzilla Pro could even compete with a machine like Jurassic Park Pro?

I've only played the pro and it is great. I told distributors months before release to put me on the list for Keith's next pro because I knew there was no chance it wouldn't be excellent.

Not saying the premium stuff might not also be great. Just that his track record proves, while different, the pro will never be a dog compared to the premium. The game will be a little different, but not necessarily in a bad way.

Haven't gotten to play avengers, but I split a lot of time between the different maiden and Jurassic models. Never felt like I was missing out whichever version I was playing

#2203 2 years ago

LE 194 in the house! Before I get to any serious playing, is there a Cliffy protector set out for Godzilla? I see there's a playfield protector already out, but, yeah, no, I don't know if I want to take everything apart to get it installed. Cliffys for sure, though.

#2204 2 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Yes. Your game will settle and play like the expo games soon enough. It's a tough balancing act dialing in flipper strength since the game will be freshly waxed and play almost too fast upon unboxing but then settle in after a few days of play. Both you and Rare should try bumping down the flipper strength for now and see if it fixes the problem.

I did wax mine - that’s probably it then…too slick!

#2205 2 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

LE 194 in the house! Before I get to any serious playing, is there a Cliffy protector set out for Godzilla? I see there's a playfield protector already out, but, yeah, no, I don't know if I want to take everything apart to get it installed. Cliffys for sure, though.

I am sure Cliffy is already hard at work on this.

#2206 2 years ago

Godzilla IS destroying the bridge, isn't he? <kidding> Yeah, that's a problem. Do you know the cause? Is it from the ball or from the two halves of the bridge rubbing together? You don't have any chipping on the back side — is it because you've got a bigger gap between the sides there?

I was able to loosen the screws and move the plastics apart more so I think they were installed too close together at factory. Already reached out to Stern and should be getting some replacements soon, have never had an issue getting support from them even on second owner games.

#2207 2 years ago

he has shooter lane protectors available.

#2208 2 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Upper flipper on default 160 power? This is the reason it is set so low in order to allow consecutive loops. Try turning it down until the game breaks in a bit then crank it back up if need be.

Just another data point, I had to turn mine higher to make more consecutive loops. I feel like I can time it better with the ball traveling faster because it hugs the outer edge of the loop.

#2209 2 years ago

Send Cliff an email and get on the list. I already asked and this is what he told me to do.

#2210 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Anyone else have their bridge plastics start to chip and damage on the ends? I've had the game a day and they look like this.[quoted image]

It is kind of surprising that bridge didn't have metal rails cutout in the shape of the bridge to line the plastic, at least at the bottom where the ball travels.

#2211 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Shooting the ramp from the upper flipper simply isn’t a safe shot and shouldn’t be attempted.

Adding a bit more power to the flipper coil will enable those clean shots to make the shot VS. Lipping out and RESULTING IN A STDM OF DEATH!

#2212 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Shooting the ramp from the upper flipper simply isn’t a safe shot and shouldn’t be attempted.

Adding a bit more power to the flipper coil will enable those clean shots to make the shot VS. Lipping out and RESULTING IN A STDM OF DEATH!

Quoted from mbrave77:

I wouldnt pay the price they are asking but that game really does look nice....Hopefully someone wants to trade me their regular premium EHOH now

I had a purchase lined up with deposit made for a EHOH PREM just before Christmas last year the guy on here said he wanted to keep the game just past Christmas to have for family christmas gathering and we could arrange my pickup after new years. STERN did the price hike on BM66 and EHOH just after JJP raised their prices on their titles and the guy I was talking to all of a sudden didn't want to sell me his EHOH! Had to be the worst thing that's ever happened to me on pinside and in the hobby in general. I was super pumped about the machine and we didn't know the prices were going to go up... I gave theguy my deposit and we said deal and all! I'll find one someday but most definitely won't be a SuperLE repowdercoated purple with the reminder of how damn old I am on the new sideart and backglass!

#2213 2 years ago

Has anyone been tweaking the magna grab settings? Just curious what others are doing.

#2214 2 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Has anyone been tweaking the magna grab settings? Just curious what others are doing.

The two settings in the menu are only for the action that redirects the ball currently. There's no user setting to make the magna grab stronger like is was in 0.77. Supposedly more tweaks to come and possibly a menu option. The magna grab in 0.80 is crappy and weak once you've experienced 0.77.

#2215 2 years ago
Quoted from MUGEN_4_LIFE:

It definitely is more do-able with a bit more upper flipper power. The stock power setting is really low for that flipper.

#2216 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The two settings in the menu are only for the action that redirects the ball currently. There's no user setting to make the magna grab stronger like is was in 0.77. Supposedly more tweaks to come and possibly a menu option. The magna grab in 0.80 is crappy and weak once you've experienced 0.77.

Right...I'm just calling that captive ball/shot/area the magna grab...not sure what else to call it...not trying to refer to that particular action. Thanks for pointing that out so I can clarify what I'm asking. I guess captive ball would be the easiest thing to say.

Has anyone tweaked the settings so the redirect from the captive ball is more consistent?

#2217 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

I've only played the pro and it is great. I told distributors months before release to put me on the list for Keith's next pro because I knew there was no chance it wouldn't be excellent.
Not saying the premium stuff might not also be great. Just that his track record proves, while different, the pro will never be a dog compared to the premium. The game will be a little different, but not necessarily in a bad way.
Haven't gotten to play avengers, but I split a lot of time between the different maiden and Jurassic models. Never felt like I was missing out whichever version I was playing

I played Godzilla LE and a AIQ LE. I bought a AIQ pro and will be getting a Godzilla pro also. Both pros are awesome and highly recommended both. I felt the premium upcharge not worth the extra $2300 on Godzilla. Pro shoots great. You won’t be disappointed.

#2218 2 years ago

I think the Premium has an edge on the Pro, but the Pro plays amazingly well and is far from inferior. The return from the horseshoe shot on the Pro where the Mechagodzilla is on the Premium is pretty slick in it's own right.

#2219 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I think the Premium has an edge on the Pro, but the Pro plays amazingly well and is far from inferior. The return from the horseshoe shot on the Pro where the Mechagodzilla is on the Premium is pretty slick in it's own right.

One great thing about Elwin's pros is they are generally pretty easy to get locked in.

#2220 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I normally am not a huge fan of Pro’s but was pleasantly surprised after playing Godzilla at the York show. I think it’s the best Stern pro to date. Even though I haven’t played a Premium yet, I ordered a one last week. Hope to get it delivered in the next 7-12 months.

#2221 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Do you have a multimeter? You can check the output of the power supply to make sure you are getting 48v.
Also, the Prem/LE power supplies are interchangeable for the most part. You could just swap one out of your other machines. Just two connectors and a few nuts to do the swap.

I ended up swapping out the CPU node from my AIQ and everything works as it should on Godzilla.

My distributor is going to order me a replacement node

#2222 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

I am sure Cliffy is already hard at work on this.

I got some of his prototypes in over the weekend. Will share pics with him and you all after I install tonight.

#2223 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I got my LE today (#731 checking in). I do have a couple of immediate questions. First, does anyone find it odd that my box was wrapped in a GnR box? Second, what the hell is “magnalube”?
[quoted image][quoted image]

I also received Mangalube with mine and have no idea what it is...

#2224 2 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

I got some of his prototypes in over the weekend. Will share pics with him and you all after I install tonight.

Awesome news

#2225 2 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

I also received Mangalube with mine and have no idea what it is...

For the step motor?

#2226 2 years ago
Quoted from DoCPooF:

I ended up swapping out the CPU node from my AIQ and everything works as it should on Godzilla.
My distributor is going to order me a replacement node

So, bad CPU board. Thanks for following up with the solution.

#2227 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So, bad CPU board. Thanks for following up with the solution.

So much for sterns QC. Sucks the cpu was bad right from the start. At least you could swap in another one.

#2228 2 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

The 1956 Neca Poster Version Godzilla fits and looks great in the Pro. Now just have to find a suitable Mechagodzilla. I have one that is perfect but is too big. Currently looking for someone to 3D scan it so it can be 3D printed smaller and then painted.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I ended up going with this Godzilla. Found it on eBay. I think it looks great and at 50, not bad price

#2229 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

So much for sterns QC. Sucks the cpu was bad right from the start. At least you could swap in another one.

Something likely jiggled lose in shipping but worked fine at Stern. It happens.

#2230 2 years ago

Any suggestions for how to get this plastic to lay flat like the rest?

PXL_20211111_011534986 (resized).jpgPXL_20211111_011534986 (resized).jpgPXL_20211111_011602516 (resized).jpgPXL_20211111_011602516 (resized).jpg
#2231 2 years ago

Any suggestions for how to get this plastic to lay flat like the rest?[quoted image][quoted image]

Double sided tape underneath or hit it lightly with a propane torch to warm it up (if you know how to flame polish)

#2232 2 years ago

Godzilla on pinwoofers is next level. Unreal increase in sound and clarity. Hearing sound effects I've not heard before

#2233 2 years ago

Any suggestions for how to get this plastic to lay flat like the rest?[quoted image][quoted image]

Loosen the nut, perhaps it is causing it to flex upwards.

#2234 2 years ago

I have the same plastic not flat on my LE. Wonder if it was designed like that?

#2235 2 years ago

I’m just giddy as all get out a go! Less than 24 hours till my premium delivery!

#2236 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Godzilla on pinwoofers is next level. Unreal increase in sound and clarity. Hearing sound effects I've not heard before

Most excellent, hooking up my sub on Friday...thanks for the update

#2237 2 years ago

Well, STI/CRST AGAIN screwed up shipping and will likely have my GZ Pro late this week or early next. I am excited to play this, and put it on location, for all to enjoy.

Maybe first in Alaska?

Would like to own a Prem sometime in a year or two for my own collection.

#2238 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I’m just giddy as all get out a go! Less than 24 hours till my premium delivery!

That’s awesome. Congrats! I should get one in 5 months……hopefully.

#2239 2 years ago

Loosen the screw upstream from it a little. If it's over-tightened it will dish and force un-attached ends to not lay flat.

Even then you might have to warm the plastic for it to "re-learn" flat.

#2240 2 years ago

Well my distributor still hasn't heard anything from stern this week yet on my premium and I paid yesterday. It was supposed to be this week but the chances of that are looking grim now. Anyone got their premium this week?

#2241 2 years ago

Anyone else having the building VUK making several attempts to get ball up to rooftop?
Default power setting on mine was 180 and about 80% of attempts required a retry
Moved power to 195 now I'm around 75% that it works fon the first try

Not sure if this is a power setting issue vs an alignment or coil sleeve issue but curious if others have experienced the same?

BTW, what a special game this is!
IMG_4282 (resized).jpgIMG_4282 (resized).jpg

#2242 2 years ago

Just played a pro today. Thought it was amazing. Thinking about selling two older machines to fund a premium. Just a super fun, cool game.

#2243 2 years ago

Hot off the press! I have an early Godzilla Cliffy set installed. Make sure you reach out to Cliff via his website http://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm or [email protected]. Tell him Brian sent you .

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg
#2244 2 years ago

Seeing so many people get this game is great. I notice the same thing on mine with the loop shot. Power is lower to help keep the ball in control as the speed will cause it to fly away from the top flipper. Consistent slower speed shots will loop and loop

The exit from the building on mine doesn’t go directly to the left flipper but not always down the middle. Hasn’t been too big of a deal

Btw I have still yet to read anything negative about this game on these boards which is a pinball miracle.
This has to be the most loved game of the new era for sure

#2245 2 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

Well my distributor still hasn't heard anything from stern this week yet on my premium and I paid yesterday. It was supposed to be this week but the chances of that are looking grim now. Anyone got their premium this week?

Nope. Paid in full last week but figure it’s caught up in one of the many bottlenecks. Maybe next week? Totally horny for this game, but I gave up trying to plan around deliveries because they never come when you think they should as they’re waiting for the most inconvenient time. I’ll be unavailable Saturday so I’m expecting a call Friday for a Saturday delivery.

#2246 2 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Anyone else having the building VUK making several attempts to get ball up to rooftop?

Yup. Kick #2 always makes it…but yeah, wondering what I need to tweak to make it work on the first kick.

#2247 2 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

Anyone got their premium this week?

last friday...

#2248 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Btw I have still yet to read anything negative about this game on these boards which is a pinball miracle.
This has to be the most loved game of the new era for sure

THE ONLY negative I have is transient - that the magna grab sucks now compared how it could get any ball that came near to it in 0.77. They over-corrected to be WAY too conservative and it loses balls now. But this is 0.80 and more tweaks are coming, so I think it will get worked out in short order.

EXTREMELY fun game, and I'm not a huge Godzilla fan, historically speaking.

#2249 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

THE ONLY negative I have is transient - that the magna grab sucks now compared how it could get any ball that came near to it in 0.77. They over-corrected to be WAY too conservative and it loses balls now. But this is 0.80 and more tweaks are coming, so I think it will get worked out in short order.
EXTREMELY fun game, and I'm not a huge Godzilla fan, historically speaking.

Same here. I've never made it thru an entire movie, but have only tried watching a few. But wife likes the movies and I like elwin designs so it's a win win!

#2250 2 years ago

Got our LE setup today! Pro is a blast but the added mechs really make the game next level.

8F9CB809-4C68-45B8-B01E-22658612B605 (resized).jpeg8F9CB809-4C68-45B8-B01E-22658612B605 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Myers, FL
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

There are 27,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/45?hl=onemilemore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.