Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,318 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 547.
#2151 2 years ago
Quoted from gamera9:

Ouch! I understand your pain.
[quoted image]

Yes brother, we got Mechaforkzilla'd!!

#2152 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

FYI. I'm thinking about replacing only the left plastic guide piece and trying it that way. The balls might stack up in a triangle on the empty right side and that could be cool too. Especially if you don't have a black rubber dot.

That works as I suspected. Just remove the right side plastic.

520211109_232213 (resized).jpg520211109_232213 (resized).jpg

#2153 2 years ago

My game is at like 6.8 degrees and the balls fall to the left flipper off the building roof. Weird that people are having such varied results.

#2154 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

What’s strange to me is I played the pro and prem at expo. I feel this particular machine here is a lot more difficult to hit the loop than any other game I’ve played. Will spend some more time with tomorrow if I can get someone to help me I’ll take a slow mo video.

Same thing just happened to me with the 5 buildings in a game achievement registering while playing the game but not showing up on insider.

Just topped 1b for first time. Pro and still still not reading rules to find out how to get add-a-balls, extra balls, and such (though I got an EB from jet fighters on this game which is the only one I've found thus far).

Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 9.02.03 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-11-09 at 9.02.03 PM (resized).png
#2155 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I do think Stern should have as an app not just a website login.

Apple Wallet + Watch support for QR code would be nice, too.

#2156 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

My game is at like 6.8 degrees and the balls fall to the left flipper off the building roof. Weird that people are having such varied results.

Our LE does the same. The front ball is always to the left.

#2157 2 years ago

Since the Drake building is offset to the left flipper I don't see how gravity is going to make it go SDTM. Make sure the machine is level left to right measuring side to side from the bottom glass and top glass. If you still have a problem try measuring with the glass off to make sure the playfield was installed properly or warped. At any rate you should be able to raise the right two legs until the pin plays as it should.

#2158 2 years ago

Does stern make 50 machines a day? Or 100?
I wonder how much premiums will ship to europe.
The wait is on for this incredible machine.

#2159 2 years ago
Quoted from dutchi:

Does stern make 50 machines a day? Or 100?
I wonder how much premiums will ship to europe.
The wait is on for this incredible machine.

I thought I read it was 80 per day, but I could be mistaken.

#2160 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I just hit 11 consecutive in a game. With the entrance to the loop being so wide I think shots are going to enter the loop with a variety of speeds and trajectories, so some will hug the rail, some will come away from it a little, and a few may come away from it a lot. It just depends on the speed and trajectory of each shot.
So to me it doesn’t seem like repeating the loop is a “gimme” in the design. Seems like if you’re sometimes able to get it to hug the rail and sometimes not then it’s probably playing as designed. If it’s just never hugging the rail then there could be an alignment issue somewhere.
On mine I can often get 2 or 3 loops in a row. For me hitting more than three is difficult. I’ll occasionally get 4 and rarely 5. For me it takes a pretty clean 1st shot and then really consistent following shots to do more than three either because I eventually miss the loop or I hit one in a way that enters the loop differently and throws off the rhythm, timing, and trajectory.
On the one just now when I hit 11 consecutive I hit a good clean 1st shot that hugged the rail and I hit every shot following it on the exact same spot on the flipper at the exact same time so the ball kept a constant velocity and stayed on the rail for each shot. And I probably won’t be able to do it again like that for another three years, if ever.[quoted image]

No this isn't that. The other machines i've played the loops get faster and faster with each successive loop.

What we are talking about here is loops getting sloppier after 1 or 2 passes at best to the point the bounce off the rail and over the flipper. Your talking about 11 loops and we're over here with 3 (if web get lucky). You're not that much better than us

#2161 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

No this isn't that. The other machines i've played the loops get faster and faster with each successive loop.
What we are talking about here is loops getting sloppier after 1 or 2 passes at best to the point the bounce off the rail and over the flipper. Your talking about 11 loops and we're over here with 3 (if web get lucky). You're not that much better than us
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"31bc0c9a100bb4ae56121da8d60714c1bccdace9-1636549082-1800"};
//]]>

His explanation mirrors my experience as well. Typically it’s tough to make more than a couple loops. Once the ball speeds up, it can come away from the flipper. But I have hit 10 consecutive loops so it’s not impossible.

#2162 2 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

The 1956 Neca Poster Version Godzilla fits and looks great in the Pro. Now just have to find a suitable Mechagodzilla. I have one that is perfect but is too big. Currently looking for someone to 3D scan it so it can be 3D printed smaller and then painted.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That one does look nice. Well done.

I went with the 2009 Bandai "First Godzilla" figure on mine. I painted it bit to better match the Godzilla in the art package. I also put a spot light on it too, tied to the red GI.

gzilla.jpggzilla.jpg

#2163 2 years ago

SDTM. My table is level, side to side. Checked and triple checked. However, in play testing I discovered my building is not level. With the plastic guides removed, the balls roll to the left every time and pretty quickly. See pics.
This may or may not be intentional from Stern but I'm not going to mess with the building. I'm only presenting it to you guys for thought.

And so far, removing just the right plastic guide or removing both plastics and adding the rubber bumper on the left is working great. I haven't decided which I prefer.

3z20211110_061827 (resized).jpg3z20211110_061827 (resized).jpg4z20211110_061919 (resized).jpg4z20211110_061919 (resized).jpg
#2164 2 years ago
Quoted from DoCPooF:Well my excitement was short lived. Game worked fine, then about 2 minutes into game play the playfield shuts off, then loose power to the flippers followed by the LCD freezing.
Try to power cycle and nothing. If I leave it unplugged for 10-15mins I can get the game to power back up but then the same thing happens again.
This is my first Stern pin I've ever had issues with.
Grrrr....

As someone else said, it sounds like it may be a heat issue. Check and make sure your PSU fan is spinning.

#2165 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I got my LE today (#731 checking in). I do have a couple of immediate questions. First, does anyone find it odd that my box was wrapped in a GnR box? Second, what the hell is “magnalube”?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Most likely your machine went to the dealer then to you. My last NIB came double wrapped in a raw thrills box. The dealer did this for extra protection.
Maganalube is likely lubricant for the shaker motor squeaking? I believe someone here with an LE said that the shaker motor was squeaking and they were told by stern to put oil on the shaft near the weight.

#2166 2 years ago
Quoted from mahony:

As someone else said, it sounds like it may be a heat issue. Check and make sure your PSU fan is spinning.

It definitely seems to be heat related. I'm thinking it's either the PS or CPU node. I'm leaning towards CPU as the pin will only work for about 2-4 mins from a cold start. Heat sink seems to be properly seated on the CPU node.

Still no luck getting through to Stern Tech support. I'm going to swap out the power supply from AIQ when I get home later.

#2167 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

SDTM. My table is level, side to side. Checked and triple checked. However, in play testing I discovered my building is not level. With the plastic guides removed, the balls roll to the left every time and pretty quickly. See pics.
This may or may not be intentional from Stern but I'm not going to mess with the building. I'm only presenting it to you guys for thought.
And so far, removing just the right plastic guide or removing both plastics and adding the rubber bumper on the left is working great. I haven't decided which I prefer.
[quoted image][quoted image]

The building is skewed slightly to the left

#2168 2 years ago
Quoted from DoCPooF:

It definitely seems to be heat related. I'm thinking it's either the PS or CPU node. I'm leaning towards CPU as the pin will only work for about 2-4 mins from a cold start. Heat sink seems to be properly seated on the CPU node.
Still no luck getting through to Stern Tech support. I'm going to swap out the power supply from AIQ when I get home later.

I don't think I would touch it, as it is under warranty. But post-warranty I would take the heatsink off, re-apply thermo-paste and reapply just to be sure you have good contacts. Again -- don't do that now.

#2169 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

I don't think I would touch it, as it is under warranty. But post-warranty I would take the heatsink off, re-apply thermo-paste and reapply just to be sure you have good contacts. Again -- don't do that now.

Oh trust Drain-O, I wouldn't go that far at this point. I'm just annoyed the money we drop on these and the damn thing doesn't work out of the box.

I question how much they actually test these once assembled.

Thanks again for all the input from everyone!

#2170 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Since the Drake building is offset to the left flipper I don't see how gravity is going to make it go SDTM.

The building may be to the left, but it’s angled to the right, so when the balls fall off, they’re aimed STDM. Not sure how we’re seeing variation in how the balls fall. We all know how to level our games. So what else is it?

#2171 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

We all know how to level our games.

Not so sure about this one. "We" may know how, but don't always do a great job.

But I'm thinking its mainly differences in pitch. A game at 6.3 vs a game at 6.9 is going to behave much differently. Also small variations in the building and where it stops.

#2172 2 years ago

I haven't received my Premium yet so I haven't been able to experience the STDM and if it will occur in my machine. Have any of you that are having the STDM issue played with the physical and software adjustment of the building leveling? Looks like there is some adjustments that can be made there via both hardware and software adjustments in the menus.

#2173 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Not so sure about this one. "We" may know how, but don't always do a great job.
But I'm thinking its mainly differences in pitch. A game at 6.3 vs a game at 6.9 is going to behave much differently. Also small variations in the building and where it stops.

All I'm saying is you can build a 50 ft 2x4 ramp and a ball will come out the middle everytime if it's level and even. If everything is level then you have to look to something else but do the easy stuff first. If the Drake building is off I'd look to fixing this. Maybe you could just add washers under the clear plastic it rolls off of.
(I'm sorry , I used the wrong quote)

#2174 2 years ago

Changing the slope of the building plastic won't do it. The balls move too fast across that short distance to matter. A small dot wasn't enough for this very reason.. the balls literally drop and bounce on the plastic as they race over the building entrance.

#2175 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The building may be to the left, but it’s angled to the right, so when the balls fall off, they’re aimed STDM. Not sure how we’re seeing variation in how the balls fall. We all know how to level our games. So what else is it?

It’s bad design!

We all have anatomical proof that balls are supposed to be positioned in a balanced manner. One on the left and one on the right…

All kidding aside mine go SDTM too.
I’ve been too busy playing or too lazy to address this issue so what I do is right before the gate opens I wiggle the machine back-and-forth and it scatters the balls!

Full disclosure though I haven’t installed my tilt Bob!

#2176 2 years ago
Quoted from DoCPooF:

Oh trust Drain-O, I wouldn't go that far at this point. I'm just annoyed the money we drop on these and the damn thing doesn't work out of the box.
I question how much they actually test these once assembled.
Thanks again for all the input from everyone!

I'm not sure what the testing practices are, but based on all the rookie-mistake shipping pictures we're seeing in the forums, I would say that regardless of shop testing there is a certain amount that can go wrong, or come loose during the shipping process. All that being said, I feel your pain sir. I'm checking forums 4-5 times a day right now, looking for any info on when I might get my first-wave premium. The anticipation is killing me. I can't imagine what it feels like to finally get your pinball and have problems with it.

#2177 2 years ago

Anyone else have their bridge plastics start to chip and damage on the ends? I've had the game a day and they look like this.

20211109_234851 (resized).jpg20211109_234851 (resized).jpg
#2178 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

What’s strange to me is I played the pro and prem at expo. I feel this particular machine here is a lot more difficult to hit the loop than any other game I’ve played. Will spend some more time with tomorrow if I can get someone to help me I’ll take a slow mo video.

Upper flipper on default 160 power? This is the reason it is set so low in order to allow consecutive loops. Try turning it down until the game breaks in a bit then crank it back up if need be.

#2179 2 years ago

For those who own Godzilla Pro, how do you feel about the overall gameplay experience? I got to play the pro a little bit at Arcade Monsters, but they have already replaced it with an LE. The LE is of course, amazing! The pro left me wondering what the "wow" factor feature was. It definitely flowed, had good shots, and fun theme integration. But, the magnet was just "ok" and the building didn't seem to do anything on the pro. It leaves me wondering if Godzilla Pro could even compete with a machine like Jurassic Park Pro?

#2180 2 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Upper flipper on default 160 power? This is the reason it is set so low in order to allow consecutive loops. Try turning it down until the game breaks in a bit then crank it back up if need be.

What about the spinner shot that loops to the left flipper? That’s almost always a strong clean lower flipper shot and it tends to do the little ricochet past the upper flipper.

#2181 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Anyone else have their bridge plastics start to chip and damage on the ends? I've had the game a day and they look like this.[quoted image]

Oh no. Definitely covered under warranty though thankfully.

#2182 2 years ago
Quoted from UCFKnight71:

For those who own Godzilla Pro, how do you feel about the overall gameplay experience? I got to play the pro a little bit at Arcade Monsters, but they have already replaced it with an LE. The LE is of course, amazing! The pro left me wondering what the "wow" factor feature was. It definitely flowed, had good shots, and fun theme integration. But, the magnet was just "ok" and the building didn't seem to do anything on the pro. It leaves me wondering if Godzilla Pro could even compete with a machine like Jurassic Park Pro?

I was playing the pro a few times a week until my LE arrived. The pro is a blast to play. But the premium LE just seems to take it to the next level for me.

The building physical locks and movement that changes the ball path as it raises and lowers to different levels is such a cool difference. Then add the rotating mechagodzilla mech and the animated bridge that again can change the ball path is nothing short of an amazing pinball moment.

Both games are great and are a blast to play, but IMO the extra money is worth it in this one.

#2183 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Anyone else have their bridge plastics start to chip and damage on the ends? I've had the game a day and they look like this.[quoted image]

Quoted from radfordian3505:

Oh no. Definitely covered under warranty though thankfully.

I'm just waiting for someone with a 3D printer to come up with a nice 3D printed half's that will replace these plastic and screw right in place like the originals do.

#2184 2 years ago
Quoted from UCFKnight71:

I don’t need toys on the game to have fun. It is still a great design and plays great. The toys are awesome but aren’t required by a lot of people in order to have fun.

#2185 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

On my Premium, I tend to see balls go to left from Multiball once I leveled the game and set the pitch. I am going to see what the angle of the building is versus the rooftop if there is any difference. Seems like many are seeing too many variations here. Would be nice to collect some data and come up with a nice solution.

#2186 2 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Quoted from Rarehero:

What about the spinner shot that loops to the left flipper? That’s almost always a strong clean lower flipper shot and it tends to do the little ricochet past the upper flipper.

Honestly I think the upper guide wall is alittle misaligned. As the ball ricochets off the far left guide wall rather than ride it. As Rarehero said it’s not unique just to the upper flipper shot. Will try and get some slow mo video today.

#2187 2 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Are the guide walls identical between pro and prem?

#2188 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Yes mine are chipped.

I’ll post a pic when I get home tonight.

#2189 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Are the guide walls identical between pro and prem?

Yes. Your game will settle and play like the expo games soon enough. It's a tough balancing act dialing in flipper strength since the game will be freshly waxed and play almost too fast upon unboxing but then settle in after a few days of play. Both you and Rare should try bumping down the flipper strength for now and see if it fixes the problem.

#2190 2 years ago

The pro plays FAST, there's going to be less stop/go with it other than the newton magnet.

#2191 2 years ago

Thanks for the info.

I moved upper to 155 and it is alittle better. The left flipper will keep as is for the right ramp.
Will keep playing before altering the guide wall.

#2192 2 years ago

Just got my LE - did a Godzilla keychain come with the machine? I didn't see one

#2193 2 years ago
Quoted from Wzpin:

Just got my LE - did a Godzilla keychain come with the machine? I didn't see one

Not in your goodie bag?

#2194 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Not in your goodie bag?

I'll look again - all I saw was some replacement plastics. Do you have a pic of what it looked like?

#2195 2 years ago
Quoted from UCFKnight71:

Really liking my pro, great shots and great flow. Admittedly, I have not played a premium or le gz, but the pro has really been an amazing game to play. Gz pro is better than jp pro for me, but not necessarily jp premium.

#2196 2 years ago

This is the fastest most out of control game I've ever played, just hitting the scoop without being able to post pass is a challenge. Glad I love challenging games and another great game from Elwin!!!

#2197 2 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I don’t need toys on the game to have fun. It is still a great design and plays great. The toys are awesome but aren’t required by a lot of people in order to have fun.

I think you make an excellent point. The game does shoot really well and is very fun.

#2198 2 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

I went with the 2009 Bandai "First Godzilla" figure on mine. Put a spot light on it too, tied to the red GI.
[quoted image]

Looks great! I may go with that one.

Has anyone thought about trying a much larger Godzilla figure, chopped at the waist or higher, like Mechagodzilla?

#2199 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

I'm not sure what the testing practices are, but based on all the rookie-mistake shipping pictures we're seeing in the forums, I would say that regardless of shop testing there is a certain amount that can go wrong, or come loose during the shipping process. All that being said, I feel your pain sir. I'm checking forums 4-5 times a day right now, looking for any info on when I might get my first-wave premium. The anticipation is killing me. I can't imagine what it feels like to finally get your pinball and have problems with it.

Hopefully you won't have any issues!

This is my 5th Stern Premium, and knock on wood, it's the only one I've ever had an issue with.

Tech support has already emailed me back and hopefully we will find out what the issue is.

#2200 2 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

Looks great! I may go with that one.
Has anyone thought about trying a much larger Godzilla figure, chopped at the waist or higher, like Mechagodzilla?

I found one that if chopped down a hair would work. I will post some pics tomorrow of it sitting in the game. It needs a paint job and some bending of the arms.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 125.88
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ChainsawMods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Island, NY
Machine - For Sale
Tampa, FL
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 27,318 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/44?hl=drain-o and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.