IMG_0814 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0815 (resized).jpeg
20240319_163550 (resized).jpg
20240319_163609 (resized).jpg
20240319_163600 (resized).jpg
20240318_181310 (resized).jpg
20240318_181348 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,165 posts in this topic. You are on page 441 of 544.
#22001 9 months ago
Quoted from KJL:

Don’t buy the second if you don’t want a 3rd. That was my mistake. Good luck

I actually have a wall that my JP is on that is the exact width to have three machines. So I definitely want a third, but we’ll take baby steps to get there…hopefully. Hahahaha

#22002 9 months ago
Quoted from math08:

My wife had set a 4 machine limit. I traded my beautiful fully restored Creature for my Mando Premium. When GZ came out, I was able to persuade her to allow a 5th (with some help from my kids), and am currently at that limit and will probably be there for quite a while.

Have more kids, you'll get more votes the next time this comes up.

#22003 9 months ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Have more kids, you'll get more votes the next time this comes up.

LOL, out of the kid game at this point. Getting the Grandkids going. My 14 year old grandson loves Godzilla as does my 3 year old grandson. My 4 granddaughters prefer my AFM and MM.

#22004 9 months ago

OT but what are the two or 3 most common nut sizes on the playfield again? Going to the store to get some cheap but essential nut drivers. Thanks in advance...

#22005 9 months ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

OT but what are the two or 3 most common nut sizes on the playfield again? Going to the store to get some cheap but essential nut drivers. Thanks in advance...

1/4", 5/16", 3/8". I think those cover almost if not completely everything on a modern Stern. Just get a combination set which will have those and a few more up and down from there. The other important size is 5/8 for leg and backbox bolts.

#22006 9 months ago

!/4, 5/16 are the two most common. After that 7/16 or 3/8.

#22007 9 months ago
Quoted from Salami_Inferno:

Probably not the most objective forum to ask, but I have an Elwin JP premium and I’m thinking of adding a Godzilla premium as a second machine. I’ve played Godzilla and have loved it. I’m curious if these two machines make a good pair. JP is more of a shooters machine so for casuals that play it there can be some challenge. It feels like GZ is more accessible for the most part with longer ball times.
What do you all think?

I only own 2 pins - JP Pro and GZ Premium, and I think they are great to own because of how different they are.

If I want to just go for a quick/tough game, I play JP and I'll be lucky if my games last more than 15 minutes.

If I want a longer, high scoring game with easier shots, I'll flip on GZ. I've had multiple games like 40+ minutes and I don't know if I've ever had a game longer than 30 minutes on JP, and if I did, it's been like 2 or 3 lol.

#22008 9 months ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Standard set seems to be 1/4, 3/16, 11/32, 5/16, 3/8, 7/16, and 1/2

In my set of those sizes, the ones I think I have not used much on pinball are 3/16, 7/16, and 1/2. The others have all been very useful for pinball.

#22009 9 months ago

i knew about 1/4 and 5/16, so I'll probably get a set with the other sizes as well..I'm not just thinking newer Sterns..also late 80ies/90ies era Williams/Data East as well, and my Alien LV. thanks guys for chiming in here!

#22010 9 months ago

Probably not the most objective forum to ask, but I have an Elwin JP premium and I’m thinking of adding a Godzilla premium as a second machine. I’ve played Godzilla and have loved it. I’m curious if these two machines make a good pair. JP is more of a shooters machine so for casuals that play it there can be some challenge. It feels like GZ is more accessible for the most part with longer ball times.
What do you all think?

GZ is way more forgiving by design so definitely longer ball times. No two games are a bad pair if you enjoy playing both of them.

#22011 9 months ago

Anyone looking for nut drivers, if you are ordering anything from Titan, they have a few on sale for $2 each!
https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=24&product_id=74

#22012 9 months ago
Quoted from math08:

My wife had set a 4 machine limit. I traded my beautiful fully restored Creature for my Mando Premium. When GZ came out, I was able to persuade her to allow a 5th (with some help from my kids), and am currently at that limit and will probably be there for quite a while.

It's like herniating a disc for the first time. The goo comes out and it's not going back in. And the barrier is forever weakened. You know you're gonna have another hernia, it's just a matter of time before you slip.

Ask your wife if she wants an epidural to help her cope.

#22013 9 months ago

What do you all think?

Another vote for JP and GZ going well together. I own both and love the combo.

#22014 9 months ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Anyone looking for nut drivers, if you are ordering anything from Titan, they have a few on sale for $2 each!
https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=24&product_id=74

I got some of these, only few sizes left now, they are seriously beefy, if you threw it at someone they may not survive.....lol

#22015 9 months ago
Quoted from lakerone:

I got some of these, only few sizes left now, they are seriously beefy, if you threw it at someone they may not survive.....lol

#22016 9 months ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Wish I had seen this sooner. Would love a nice full set of all magnetic nut drivers. Can't seem to find any - guess my googlefu is broken.

#22017 9 months ago

just watched on the weekend, love that movie....

#22018 9 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Wish I had seen this sooner. Would love a nice full set of all magnetic nut drivers. Can't seem to find any - guess my googlefu is broken.

Just search "magnetic nut driver" and you'll find plenty. One good option is to buy it as a set of quick-connect bits and use a handle that accepts them.

#22019 9 months ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

And why wouldn't they, initial run was a thousand toppers at $1,000 each, sold out before they were ever revealed. I'm not rain man but I can do that kind of math in my head, here's a quick million dollars and who cares if there's no demand for more after the fact. Oh yeah and bonuses to the guys that said, lets skimp on the reveal video and what a great opportunity to get rid of those hideous Godzilla figures were overstocked with.
I'll give it a rest now but after a year and a half wait I'm just really disappointed.

#22020 9 months ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

I have been currently borrowing a JP for 6 months now and can say they are totally different but work well with each other. JP is def a harder game to dial in the shots. Godzilla is just way too much fun when you get flowing on it. Love both games but would put Godzilla over JP. Godzilla can be some long games cause its very forgiving if you miss shots. JP will punish you for missing shots.

That's a great assessment I have JP next to GZ they really compliment each other. JP has a post in front of just about every shot and when you brick you can be punished but when you are making shots you really get a sense of accomplishment.

#22021 9 months ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:OT but what are the two or 3 most common nut sizes on the playfield again? Going to the store to get some cheap but essential nut drivers. Thanks in advance...

Quoted from vikingerik:

1/4", 5/16", 3/8". I think those cover almost if not completely everything on a modern Stern. Just get a combination set which will have those and a few more up and down from there. The other important size is 5/8 for leg and backbox bolts.

And don't forget the extendable magnet to put below the nutdriver to catch the nut/screw that you are removing when the playfield is raised. Otherwise, good luck finding it if that hardware doesn't drop all the way down to the cabinet! Even magnetic drivers don't always hold well enough.

th-3811420077 (resized).jpgth-3811420077 (resized).jpg

#22022 9 months ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

My guess is that since it is literally the playfield model and plastic foot mount bolted to the topper, without the zip tie, over time, the nudging and shaker vibration would rock the 2 small screws free of the plastic they are driven into, the zip - based on its location prevents sway and stress of those 2 screws. My guess is, those who don't like the zip (who would) and cut it off, will over time see Zilla come toppling off the game onto the glass..

Used piece of bubble gum. Makes it look like he's so angry because he stepped in gum.

#22023 9 months ago

Ok. invoice for topper came. Pinball speculators assemble...

What are the odds that in a couple of years, I will be able to get more than $936 for this topper? ($1000 -100 deposit + 36 shipping)

I am happy to take it and check it out. maybe see what it looks like with a different figure in place... I just don't want to waste a bunch of money if I don't like it. It seems unlikely value drops much below MSRP??

If anyone has any videos of the topper besides Stern's official video, that would help!

#22024 9 months ago
Quoted from NoDisclaimer:

That's a great assessment I have JP next to GZ they really compliment each other. JP has a post in front of just about every shot and when you brick you can be punished but when you are making shots you really get a sense of accomplishment.

My biggest complaint about JP is once the ball starts moving horizontally, which it does A LOT, you're pretty much doomed.

#22025 9 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Ok. invoice for topper came. Pinball speculators assemble...
What are the odds that in a couple of years, I will be able to get more than $936 for this topper? ($1000 -100 deposit + 36 shipping)
I am happy to take it and check it out. maybe see what it looks like with a different figure in place... I just don't want to waste a bunch of money if I don't like it. It seems unlikely value drops much below MSRP??
If anyone has any videos of the topper besides Stern's official video, that would help!

As long as it is your money instead of mine, I'm fine with it.

I just don't understand the toper prices. The only topper I want if Aerosmith, which does almost nothing. But when it went up to 2k, I knew I'd never buy toppers. Personally I think you should save your money, but it is your money.

#22026 9 months ago

I didn't see anyone else post it, but did you guys see the new TEP Godzilla Topper.. I think it might be the best one yet out of all the new offerings recently announced.

They also mentioned a Conquerer upgrade, that can be upgraded on any of their Toppers which will have actual screens and display custom animations. That's what I expected Stern to make. Competition is good for the community.

Here is their website on this and video.

https://www.teppinball.com/store/p/gz-topper

Godzilla TEP Topper (resized).pngGodzilla TEP Topper (resized).png
#22027 9 months ago

I saw this on FB and thought we needed more nonsense here. Ok, who's gonna mount Godzilla vs Jesus in your pin?

351207786_562005519438658_694244565743083181_n (resized).jpg351207786_562005519438658_694244565743083181_n (resized).jpg
#22028 9 months ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

I didn't see anyone else post it, but did you guys see the new TEP Godzilla Topper.. I think it might be the best one yet out of all the new offerings recently announced.
They also mentioned a Conquerer upgrade, that can be upgraded on any of their Toppers which will have actual screens and display custom animations. That's what I expected Stern to make. Competition is good for the community.

[quoted image]

What is the price?

#22029 9 months ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

[quoted image]

Quoted from newpinbin:

What is the price?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-electric-playground-gz-topper-batch-1-sept-23

#22030 9 months ago

Why does everyone think Stern has overstocked their Godzilla figures for the premiums? How could anyone possibly know that?

PS- I'll take two of the Godzilla vs. Jesus bags, please.

#22031 9 months ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

[quoted image]

Then you must not have checked in here very often. That thing has been plastered all over 3 or so different threads.

#22032 9 months ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Ditto here. GZPre, AlienLV, TBL in the span of a few months. I'm officially toast.

how is lebowski?

#22033 9 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

So everything is mounted now. Just need to figure out some lighting for the figures and how to power it. Currently the sign is being powered off the CPU board via USB.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I grabbed this sign as my topper as well. Looks good and does the job for a lot less $$. One thing I noticed is that it seems quite bright. Anyone have a suggestion on how to maybe dim it a little bit. Mine is plugged into the service outlet with a phone charger block. Works just fine and goes off and on with the game. I did have to remove the power button adapter they included otherwise it would only come on when you pressed that button.

Only took 2 days to get to me via DHL as well so super fast shipping.

#22034 9 months ago
Quoted from coloradodan:

I saw this on FB and thought we needed more nonsense here. Ok, who's gonna mount Godzilla vs Jesus in your pin? [quoted image]

Way better than half the stuff people tack to their machines

#22035 9 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I grabbed this sign as my topper as well. Looks good and does the job for a lot less $$. One thing I noticed is that it seems quite bright. Anyone have a suggestion on how to maybe dim it a little bit. Mine is plugged into the service outlet with a phone charger block. Works just fine and goes off and on with the game. I did have to remove the power button adapter they included otherwise it would only come on when you pressed that button.
Only took 2 days to get to me via DHL as well so super fast shipping.

I just removed the
power adapter and plugged into USB ,powers off and on with the machine.

4690B293-BAEF-4CB2-ABED-39B7CF4F508D (resized).jpeg4690B293-BAEF-4CB2-ABED-39B7CF4F508D (resized).jpeg
#22036 9 months ago
Quoted from math08:

11 pins later, Mrs Dash hides the car keys if she gets wind I’m about to pick up another.

That said, I got two Revenge from Mars pins and really ought to trade one of em. Just can’t decide what the “last” pin should be.

#22037 9 months ago

Absolutely tremendous! It is a solidly built machine that is fun to play (I find myself laughing a lot). Only thing that I had to do to it was adjust a couple of target switches that were closed, and it has been playing flawlessly since (although I've only had it for a week now). I waited 16 months for it to arrive; was it worth the wait and the price? That would be a matter of opinion, but for me, the answer is a resounding yes.

Better than GZ? I'm not going there. In my mind, that would be like comparing apples and oranges. Two totally different pins that I enjoy a great deal.

#22038 9 months ago

How the code? Still buggy and incomplete? Haven’t looked into TBL in forever.

#22039 9 months ago

First video I have seen of the topper in action. Looks better in the video but still a poor, lazy effort from Stern IMHO

#22040 9 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

First video I have seen of the topper in action. Looks better in the video but still a poor, lazy effort from Stern IMHO

I don't think it looks that bad....glad I ordered it.

#22041 9 months ago

Take a look at the newest pinball accessory release by Stern Pinball!

The Godzilla Heat Ray Destruction Topper accessory features a custom molded Godzilla sculpture breathing a heat ray against a city landscape, 3 fire panels, a custom sculpted heat ray plume that implements 21 RGB lights, a special flash lamp projecting Godzilla's shadow nearby, distinctive light shows, and an exclusive "King Of The Monsters Time Attack" mode.

#22042 9 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I bought into the early mob mentality but now I kinda want one. Could it be better? Yes ... Is it overpriced? Yes.... Am I stern Fanboy? Yes...

#22043 9 months ago

<

Quoted from Gubbin:

I bought into the early mob mentality but now I kinda want one. Could it be better? Yes ... Is it overpriced? Yes.... Am I stern Fanboy? Yes...

As long as it makes you happy, enjoy! And have fun with the extra mode!

#22044 9 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

lool the video makes it look even worse & more cheesy. Worst topper ever IMO.

#22045 9 months ago

does it need to be in a corner to see the godzilla shadow or does it show on back wall ?

#22046 9 months ago

Bad flasher placement on the topper makes the shadow look like Godzilla is holding his hands up to surrender. Not a very menacing look.

#22047 9 months ago

I think this could make a good caption contest. Here’s a picture from the video. Make up a quote for the shadow. Here’s my (lame) starting entry:

“Is it starting to rain?”

IMG_6283 (resized).jpegIMG_6283 (resized).jpeg
#22048 9 months ago
Screen Shot 2023-06-07 at 10.53.00 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2023-06-07 at 10.53.00 AM (resized).png
#22049 9 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I can't express in words how much I hate the 'cloud'.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 159.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation
Shooter rods
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods
Toys/Add-ons
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
17,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball
Shooter rods
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop
Backbox
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,165 posts in this topic. You are on page 441 of 544.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/441 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.