gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,335 posts in this topic. You are on page 440 of 547.
#21951 10 months ago
Quoted from dashv:

Interesting that the distributor chose to chancel their allotment.
The topper is sold out. So I’m sure they could have sold those 4 to other people.

What a load of horse shit. Why would any distro cancel when they know the topper is sold out and could sell them easily?

#21952 10 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

The topper is everything that will be taken out by people buying the complete Stumblor/Jazzbouche set with plastic tanks as a bonus .Damn cheapskates couldn’t even add the Subway/noodle bar signs though .That’s what made me cancel mine .It’s all about the signs man .

There will hopefully be a new topper in the works, I can’t say by who as I’ve been asked not to mention names but from the initial description it sounds great!

#21953 10 months ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

What a load of horse shit. Why would any distro cancel when they know the topper is sold out and could sell them easily?

Calm down buddy you got your topper and your happy no need to jump on others, whether that info is true or not it effects no one so breathe…. 1 2 3, breathe.

#21954 10 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

Calm down buddy you got your topper and your happy no need to jump on others, whether that info is true or not it effects no one so breathe…. 1 2 3, breathe.

I am perfectly calm. I am happy to start sharing my opinion on all your mods from now on too. This is after all a place where people shate their opinion?

#21955 10 months ago

I am perfectly calm. I am happy to start sharing my opinion on all your mods from now on too. This is after all a place where people shate their opinion?

By all means if you feel the need so say anything good or bad fill your boots pal, your responses regarding the topper here would suggest your not calm or at least taking the topper stuff a little to heart, just saying.

It’s all subjective you like the Godzilla topper others don’t, hasn’t stopped Stern selling out, the bitching never does stop Stern selling out which is why complaining about the complainers is a waste of energy, there’s a reason Stern never respond to the negative stuff because it has zero effect on them and the louder the complaints/the more chat it’s free advertisement for them.

#21956 10 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

By all means if you feel the need so say anything good or bad fill your boots pal, your responses regarding the topper here would suggest your not calm or at least taking the topper stuff a little to heart, just saying.
It’s all subjective you like the Godzilla topper others don’t, hasn’t stopped Stern selling out, the bitching never does stop Stern selling out which is why complaining about the complainers is a waste of energy, there’s a reason Stern never respond to the negative stuff because it has zero effect on them and the louder the complaints/the more chat it’s free advertisement for them.

Negativity can directly affect sales especially in Pinball. One pinsider and a few of his mates can do plenty of damage to anyones product. If you knew me you would know that I would never do that. It is not free advertisenent. Stern never respond to extreme negativity as it is a conversation that will never go their way and they know it. Better for them to say nothing.

#21957 10 months ago

I don't hate the topper but don't love it either but I am more in the camp of liking it so I am one of the people who bought it. I think it is too much money but I never expected it would be a great value but then again I don't let the price of it bother me too much. I am actually happy it is more in the line of a JP topper and not a Mano or Rush. I have a bunch of games and they all have toppers and my GZ was going to get one too. The topper looks fine to me, I might change the GZ on the topper or I might not. There are a lot of cheap GZ options out there if I decide to change it. I don't have any intention of selling the game and don't really care if the topper doubles in price or loses half it's value if I need to sell it (which I won't).

#21959 10 months ago

I don’t love the topper, but I’ll be buying one anyway to complete the LE that I have bolted to my floor. I guess I just expected more from Stern from arguably their best game ever. What is disappointing, is that this one appears that they didn’t really try. Now, with that being said, I remember not too long ago everybody was upset about the James Bond topper and how plain it was. But when they started shipping, everyone said they were really nice and integrated with the game nicely. So, am I disappointed? Does it feel like Stern mailed this one in? Absolutely. Might it turn out better than we think, I hope so. I’m not going to kill this one until I see it in person. But I’m also not going to toe the company line like 1 other person on this thread.

#21960 10 months ago

I am not able to connect my GZ to my wifi. No password even on it. The machine sees the networks but wont connect. I have reset the usb wifi already and still not working

Any tips?

#21961 10 months ago

Just a heads up. I have made a lot of 20 UFO pop bumper mods that are ready to ship. They have been out of stock for a while now. This will likely be the last run of these until at the very least later in the year.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1362-gov-s-mods/05578-godzilla-ufo-pop-bumper-mod

Thanks

#21962 10 months ago

My son just went to Japan with some friends on vacation, visited the Godzilla museum and brought this back for me. Godzilla vs Samurai, LOL. He said the museum was really cool. Lots of movie props, figures, and even a zipline into Godzilla's mouth. He knew I was looking for something to keep the dust off the glass and this is just perfect.

Godzilla Cloth 1 (resized).jpgGodzilla Cloth 1 (resized).jpgGodzilla Cloth 2 (resized).jpgGodzilla Cloth 2 (resized).jpg
#21963 10 months ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

OK, good call. I confirmed using the Diag -> Switches that my Opto 52 is actually working OK. In my case the one that is actually acting funny (I think) is physical gate switch 53 for Building Exit.
On a regular through-the-building shot, I get an Opto 52 trigger and nothing when the ball goes through the Switch 53 ball gate.
If I shoot backward up the return and around into the back of the building, or just push a pinball backward through the Switch 53 ball gate, Switch 53 triggers and then the Opto 52.
Looks like the end of the leaf is tilted down, so when the gate tilts on exit, it doesn't displace the leaf enough to trigger the microswitch. But on the other side (backward shot) the leaf is higher so the switch triggers when a ball passes.
Sound like I'm on the right track? This would all make sense with my symptoms (I think) as I can register hits to the building and damage buildup by passing through Opto 52. But it doesn't count as a shot through the building because it never fires Switch 53. Same with my situation where the Oxygen Destroyer wasn't defused since it looked like a strike at the front of the building (Opto 52 only) instead of a full pass through the building and return chute (Switch 53).
So do I just tweak the tail end of the leaf upward?
[quoted image]

This is fantastic. This little sucker was ruining my day! Thanks for the input all. That little leaf spring was the issue.

#21964 10 months ago

Yeah, I don’t quite buy it either.

I mean I buy that the customers orders were cancelled. But I assume you are right that they probably just went to the next customers they had on the list.

That’s what all the distributors I’ve used would do.

Complaints about the topper so far by most folks are purely subjective.

So it’s not like it’s known to be faulty or something.

#21965 10 months ago
Quoted from Hershmeister:

I am not able to connect my GZ to my wifi. No password even on it. The machine sees the networks but wont connect. I have reset the usb wifi already and still not working
Any tips?

Insider Connected supports 2.4GHz WPA/WPA2 only. WEP and open connection (no password) are not supported.

#21966 10 months ago
Quoted from dashv:

Yeah, I don’t quite buy it either.
I mean I buy that the customers orders were cancelled. But I assume you are right that they probably just went to the next customers they had on the list.
That’s what all the distributors I’ve used would do.
Complaints about the topper so far by most folks are purely subjective.
So it’s not like it’s known to be faulty or something.

I am fairly sure the distro would know who would buy the topper and who would be just tire kicking.

If you cannot afford the topper or do not think the topper is good value for money, just say so and be done with it. The moaning and constant complaining spoils the pinball experience. Especially the horse shit made up along the way by haters.

The GZ topper is just like JP, GOTG, AIQ and many others.

#21967 10 months ago

Any video out there yet what the Stern topper does? The official video did not really show all that much, I have got the trailer on my tv right now as I type this and they dont show the heat ray breath lighting up, would be grateful for some footage from an owner when they get theirs in hand, thank you in advance.

#21968 10 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

Any video out there yet what the Stern topper does? The official video did not really show all that much, I have got the trailer on my tv right now as I type this and they dont show the heat ray breath lighting up, would be grateful for some footage from an owner when they get theirs in hand, thank you in advance.

Besides the flame effects, I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't do a damn thing but light up.

#21969 10 months ago

I’ll do a full video for my channel once I receive it. Flipnout ship it soon

So the figure is exact same as in machine? I thought they made it a bit larger too? I’m thinking a larger figure I can bend down to have heat ray closer to mouth. Have to find the right figure.

#21970 10 months ago
Quoted from Pinbaldo:

This is fantastic. This little sucker was ruining my day! Thanks for the input all. That little leaf spring was the issue.

A number of us have had this same issue. Good news is, it's an easy one-time tweak and you're good to go. Glad you got it sorted!

#21971 10 months ago

My opinion on toppers (and I'm a sales director for my company) is that the toppers are a way of selling games.
Those games that aren't high sellers or Stern has lots of stock get a lot more effort put into the topper in the hopes that a really cool interactive topper influences customers into purchasing a game they may not have purchased beforehand
On the flip side, top selling games don't need a topper to sell well, the topper is there to purely grab extra profit

#21972 10 months ago
Quoted from TrixTrix:

Insider Connected supports 2.4GHz WPA/WPA2 only. WEP and open connection (no password) are not supported.

thanks! Got it working!

#21973 10 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

My opinion on toppers (and I'm a sales director for my company) is that the toppers are a way of selling games.
Those games that aren't high sellers or Stern has lots of stock get a lot more effort put into the topper in the hopes that a really cool interactive topper influences customers into purchasing a game they may not have purchased beforehand
On the flip side, top selling games don't need a topper to sell well, the topper is there to purely grab extra profit

You forgot to mention whether you’re buying one.

#21974 10 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

"Eh I don't really love Mando. I don't think I'd spend 7000 on it. Just not a fun game. "
"Oh shit, what a cool topper... See ya later $9000!"
-very few people

#21975 10 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

"Eh I don't really love Mando. I don't think I'd spend 7000 on it. Just not a fun game. "
"Oh shit, what a cool topper... See ya later $9000!"
-very few people

So you agree it sold more games?

#21976 10 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So you agree it sold more games?

Can't imagine that it hurt sales!

#21977 10 months ago

I don’t want to live in a world where toppers sell games. Aaah!

#21978 10 months ago

I find it hard to believe toppers sell games. They may help drive people to a machine and play it on location and they may help part a completionist of their money but selling more machines?

#21979 10 months ago

where do you have autolaunch shoot to? behind mechzilla? to the magna lock?

#21980 10 months ago
Quoted from TheBananaPeel69:

where do you have autolaunch shoot to? behind mechzilla? to the magna lock?

Mine is usually close to tapping or hitting magna grab

#21981 10 months ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Mine is usually close to tapping or hitting magna grab

im there but get sdtm a bit

#21982 10 months ago

Does anyone know what the topper mode does? Haven't seen a new code update. I'm assuming that even if you have the topper you can't yet play the mode.

#21983 10 months ago
Quoted from Zen_Monkey:

I find it hard to believe toppers sell games. They may help drive people to a machine and play it on location and they may help part a completionist of their money but selling more machines?

IMHO they are designed to drive people to a machine to play it on location by making the game look more attractive (and thus justify the high price)-- but in actuality its us collector suckers that end up buying them.

#21984 10 months ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Does anyone know what the topper mode does? Haven't seen a new code update. I'm assuming that even if you have the topper you can't yet play the mode.

I thought I heard it was a KOTM speed attack mode ala Escape From Nublar. But now not really sure where I heard or read that.

#21985 10 months ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

lol thousand buck topper no one has seen.

Same thing goes on pinball machines sold out sight unseen. But for the sake of an argument, one could argue why pinheads spend the extra money on a LE model when they could buy a premium model with the same playfield and features for about $2500 bucks less. The money you spend on the LE accessories you can probably get cheaper and still have the left over money to buy a topper, plus some money left over.

I LOVE my GZ Pro, so I bought the Stern topper because this pin is a keeper in my collection. We all know once the toppers sell out you can forget about getting one later without paying a heftier price tag. Yes it’s expensive and probably over-priced, but tell me what other “mod” to a pinball isn’t overpriced?

Think about this for a second. Let’s say I take all of the mods and additions made from our wonderful modders and companies (Tdiddy, Mezel, Goudevia, Modfather, Modcouple, etc, etc, etc) and take them to an average flea market that didn’t cater to the pinball community. I lay them out on a table and put them with other items, except I keep the price I paid for the mod on the item, so how many of those mods do you think I would sell? Do you think I would have a non-pinhead offer me $250 bucks for an Atomic Godzilla or $500 bucks for an Iron Maiden Gus? Probably none. However, if I take those same mods to a pinball expo I would have sold them before they could leave an impression on the table and maybe would have gotten more money for them.

At the end of the day these toppers and mods still puts a smile on my face and I get a blast out of just sometimes looking at the pin more than playing it. I purchased around 18 different mods from different individuals and vendors for my GZ pro and it looks ssssooooo much better than the “plain Jane” stock version I originally received. I guess sometimes beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but that still doesn’t make that person an idiot for what he likes.

#21986 10 months ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Same thing goes on pinball machines sold out sight unseen. But for the sake of an argument, one could argue why pinheads spend the extra money on a LE model when they could buy a premium model with the same playfield and features for about $2500 bucks less. The money you spend on the LE accessories you can probably get cheaper and still have the left over money to buy a topper, plus some money left over.
I LOVE my GZ Pro, so I bought the Stern topper because this pin is a keeper in my collection. We all know once the toppers sell out you can forget about getting one later without paying a heftier price tag. Yes it’s expensive and probably over-priced, but tell me what other “mod” to a pinball isn’t overpriced?
Think about this for a second. Let’s say I take all of the mods and additions made from our wonderful modders and companies (Tdiddy, Mezel, Goudevia, Modfather, Modcouple, etc, etc, etc) and take them to an average flea market that didn’t cater to the pinball community. I lay them out on a table and put them with other items, except I keep the price I paid for the mod on the item, so how many of those mods do you think I would sell? Do you think I would have a non-pinhead offer me $250 bucks for an Atomic Godzilla or $500 bucks for an Iron Maiden Gus? Probably none. However, if I take those same mods to a pinball expo I would have sold them before they could leave an impression on the table and maybe would have gotten more money for them.
At the end of the day these toppers and mods still puts a smile on my face and I get a blast out of just sometimes looking at the pin more than playing it. I purchased around 18 different mods from different individuals and vendors for my GZ pro and it looks ssssooooo much better than the “plain Jane” stock version I originally received. I guess sometimes beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but that still doesn’t make that person an idiot for what he likes.

Agreed, my GZ is not going anywhere..."bolted to the floor" I believe is the phrase, I've already spent over 2000 in mods, you only live once...enjoy life

#21987 10 months ago

going to be a crazy day getting Addams family gold, ghostbusters le with topper plus a loaded mando pro. Prob mando topper too at large discount. Wife’s like you are really getting three pins in a week?!

#21988 10 months ago

Nice haul. I have been put on wife's "no more pinball spending" list until at least the end of the year. Went a bit crazy with new Godzilla Premium and mods
earlier this year as well as doing a complete LED conversion including OCD board and color DMD screen (currently ongoing) on my STTNG. This was after getting my new Mando Premium and topper last year.

#21989 10 months ago
Quoted from math08:

Nice haul. I have been put on wife's "no more pinball spending" list until at least the end of the year. Went a bit crazy with new Godzilla Premium and mods
earlier this year as well as doing a complete LED conversion including OCD board and color DMD screen (currently ongoing) on my STTNG. This was after getting my new Mando Premium and topper last year.

I’m on that list too

#21990 10 months ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

I’m on that list too

Ditto here. GZPre, AlienLV, TBL in the span of a few months. I'm officially toast.

#21991 10 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

My opinion on toppers (and

Ditto here. GZPre, AlienLV, TBL in the span of a few months. I'm officially toast.

Alien looks really fun to play.

#21992 10 months ago
Quoted from lakerone:

Agreed, my GZ is not going anywhere..."bolted to the floor" I believe is the phrase, I've already spent over 2000 in mods, you only live once...enjoy life

You gotta unbolt it to get that sweet nudge action

#21993 10 months ago

Probably not the most objective forum to ask, but I have an Elwin JP premium and I’m thinking of adding a Godzilla premium as a second machine. I’ve played Godzilla and have loved it. I’m curious if these two machines make a good pair. JP is more of a shooters machine so for casuals that play it there can be some challenge. It feels like GZ is more accessible for the most part with longer ball times.

What do you all think?

#21994 10 months ago
Quoted from Salami_Inferno:

Probably not the most objective forum to ask, but I have an Elwin JP premium and I’m thinking of adding a Godzilla premium as a second machine. I’ve played Godzilla and have loved it. I’m curious if these two machines make a good pair. JP is more of a shooters machine so for casuals that play it there can be some challenge. It feels like GZ is more accessible for the most part with longer ball times.
What do you all think?

Yep, very different games just as you described but both are great games and I think they go well together.

#21995 10 months ago

What do you all think?

I had a JP premium but never really clicked with it. Godzilla has a much better geometry and flow. Love Godzilla.

#21996 10 months ago

What do you all think?

My kids and I have played JP at an arcade and we own GZ. I think they like GZ more because (I think) it flows better.

I've said here before though, I opted for TNA instead of FF because I felt they were too similar. I feel the same for JP and GZ. But I'm just one guy. Good luck. Enjoy whatever you choose. We are lucky to own them.

#21997 10 months ago

What do you all think?

I have been currently borrowing a JP for 6 months now and can say they are totally different but work well with each other. JP is def a harder game to dial in the shots. Godzilla is just way too much fun when you get flowing on it. Love both games but would put Godzilla over JP. Godzilla can be some long games cause its very forgiving if you miss shots. JP will punish you for missing shots.

#21998 10 months ago

Sounds like people are generally aligned! I guess it’s time to convince the wife we need a second machine

#21999 10 months ago

Sounds like people are generally aligned! I guess it’s time to convince the wife we need a second machine

Don’t buy the second if you don’t want a 3rd. That was my mistake. Good luck

#22000 10 months ago

My wife had set a 4 machine limit. I traded my beautiful fully restored Creature for my Mando Premium. When GZ came out, I was able to persuade her to allow a 5th (with some help from my kids), and am currently at that limit and will probably be there for quite a while.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Chula Vista, CA
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
$ 210.00
9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

There are 27,335 posts in this topic. You are on page 440 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/440 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.