20240317_204214 (resized).jpg
20240317_204157 (resized).jpg
20240317_204141 (resized).jpg
20240317_204119 (resized).jpg
20240317_205020 (resized).jpg
20240317_204056 (resized).jpg
20240317_204108 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,071 posts in this topic. You are on page 439 of 542.
#21901 9 months ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

Y’all are entitled to your opinion, but my God - the nonstop complaining on Pinside about everything the industry does. Halloween QC, GTF, the Mando topper price, and don’t even get me started on how toxic the conversation was on the the JB 60th SLE. It’s exhausting to be around. It’s like Star Wars “fans” that do nothing but critique new Star Wars.

You had me until the comment about complaining about new Star Wars

In all seriousness other people spending on things things that make them happy regardless of wether they make me happy is nothing to complain about. I do think it’s reasonable to complain about industry pricing though as long as it’s not all you do lol.

#21902 9 months ago
Quoted from NoDisclaimer:

Is it just me or did they change the scoring in this last update. It feels like those one billion point games are getting easier. I never made it to planet X before the update and now it's like five percent of my games. Crushed my GC score the other night.

They did add the "easy" planet X recently as a default, so are you hitting that? Could also just be getting better at the game, and the pX values going up as per the last note?

- Planet X - added early unlock adjustment "PLANET X UNLOCK":
- NORMAL - Complete all Tier 2 Battles to unlock Planet X at the Select City Screen
- EARLY - (default) Complete all of the following to unlock Planet X early at the Select City Screen
- Play any Tank Attack Multiball
- Play any Bridge Attack Multiball
- Play any Tesla Strike
- Play any Kaiju Battle
- Leave Tokyo and light "Select City" again
- any Battles or Cities that are bypassed when selecting Planet X early are no longer available for the rest of the game
- added new display effect when Planet X is unlocked early
- Planet X Hurry Up minimum values changed from 55M-50M range to 225M-175M range

#21903 9 months ago
Quoted from Animal:

In the past couple of days my Mechagodzilla Shield mech has started to move randomly during game play. When you go into the menu, I found where you can test the mech (tests fine), but could not find where you can make adjustments.
All connections under the play field are snug. It may be a random instance, but after I undid and redid all the connections to the mech and then started up a game, the mech worked properly until I initiated the sheild and then hit the 3 targets and then, it resumed moving randomly. Has anyone else run into this issue?

I’ve noticed something weird like that last time I played a few days ago. I haven’t had much time to play since so not exactly sure, but I did think it was weird moving when there was no reason to.

#21904 9 months ago
Quoted from ChrisBardon:

They did add the "easy" planet X recently as a default, so are you hitting that? Could also just be getting better at the game, and the pX values going up as per the last note?

Thanks that must be it. I should probably start reading the notes that comes with the update.

#21905 9 months ago
Quoted from lakerone:

agreed, I know I'm the rookie in this group but it just keeps going on and on, 24hrs ok, but it's been 3 days, do I need to see the same pic twice in 5 hours of the janitor's closet version, I get it, some people are just pissed about it, but others might be looking forward to it, probably won't even speak about it on here for fear of backlash, again......

Fuck that topper.

#21906 9 months ago

Topper blopper popper,who the fuck cares.
Buy it if you want it. Don’t buy it if you don’t want it.
It’s a fucking useless TOPPER
Move along

#21907 9 months ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#21908 9 months ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Mine worked fine for months and then it started having this issue as well.
I talked to stern, they had me try several things and no e of it worked. They even sent me a new sensor board for mecha, no help.
Adjusting the setting mentioned in this post fixed my issue instantly.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/240#post-7000243

That fixed it! Thank you!! Gots to love Pinside!!!!

#21909 9 months ago

Anyone know how the second thread, from the front, on the ball guide to the right of the magnet is fastened?

I can’t seem to find it under the playfield.

#21910 9 months ago

Speaking of toppers... here's mine. I need to add lights though....

16857575368777795718106387835134 (resized).jpg16857575368777795718106387835134 (resized).jpg
#21911 9 months ago
Quoted from ktm450:

I’ve noticed something weird like that last time I played a few days ago. I haven’t had much time to play since so not exactly sure, but I did think it was weird moving when there was no reason to.

Check out my post just a few posts above...

#21912 9 months ago
Quoted from Animal:

Check out my post just a few posts above...

Thanks, I did see that solution. Weird though as I played about 10 games today and it didn’t play up once. If it happens again I’ll change the settings

#21913 9 months ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

I know the topper is overpriced and underdeveloped.
I don’t care. Godzilla is my favorite game in my collection, and I will pimp it out. Pinside said the same thing about the TMNT topper and I have never had a second of regret about it.
Y’all are entitled to your opinion, but my God - the nonstop complaining on Pinside about everything the industry does. Halloween QC, GTF, the Mando topper price, and don’t even get me started on how toxic the conversation was on the the JB 60th SLE. It’s exhausting to be around. It’s like Star Wars “fans” that do nothing but critique new Star Wars.

I agree with what you say up to a point. But let’s be honest about Stern and any manufacturer. They are there primarily to make money, not to give any of us joy. Stern kept making pretty much the same machines until competition made them put lcd screens on their machines. Innovation was not important to them. Jersey Jack and other new pinball companies started to put pressure on them to lift their game. Supposedly Stern has had a 20% year on year sales growth since 2008. If everyone just buys whatever they put out at their lowest cost to increase their profit margin why would they change? If you love this machine so much, why not leave their mediocre offering on the shelves and go for something like Tilt toppers offering? It’s less money, has a lcd screen with fire, hand painted original sculps and looks awesome. Stern will start to lift their game if people buy from elsewhere. And most of my collection is Stern. And I love my Elvira topper. It’s awesome! But if they are going to charge a massive sum then they better make it something worthwhile. This one is pretty poor. There are better options elsewhere.

Let’s compare:
B847BE39-A1BA-474C-B0EE-72EFE7E0B8AD (resized).jpegB847BE39-A1BA-474C-B0EE-72EFE7E0B8AD (resized).jpegF4FCEF6D-5F7A-4E8F-81F8-C64E41AE1843 (resized).jpegF4FCEF6D-5F7A-4E8F-81F8-C64E41AE1843 (resized).jpeg

One is cheaper than the other by $100. One is limited to 50 units and still available. The other probably had a thousand made and is sold out.

#21914 9 months ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

I talked to stern, they had me try several things and no e of it worked. They even sent me a new sensor board for mecha, no help.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/240#post-7000243

I also had this problem, and it got so bad I had just deactivated the mecha shield for months because Stern couldn't figure it out.

The fix that ZoraShinoda has just shared is what solved my problem as well.

#21915 9 months ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Quoted from Animal:

That fixed it! Thank you!! Gots to love Pinside!!!!

Quoted from bloodonthepins:

I also had this problem, and it got so bad I had just deactivated the mecha shield for months because Stern couldn't figure it out.
The fix that ZoraShinoda has just shared is what solved my problem as well.

Might be a good idea to mark that as a key post.

#21916 9 months ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I agree with what you say up to a point. But let’s be honest about Stern and any manufacturer. They are there primarily to make money, not to give any of us joy. Stern kept making pretty much the same machines until competition made them put lcd screens on their machines. Innovation was not important to them. Jersey Jack and other new pinball companies started to put pressure on them to lift their game. Supposedly Stern has had a 20% year on year sales growth since 2008. If everyone just buys whatever they put out at their lowest cost to increase their profit margin why would they change? If you love this machine so much, why not leave their mediocre offering on the shelves and go for something like Tilt toppers offering? It’s less money, has a lcd screen with fire, hand painted original sculps and looks awesome. Stern will start to lift their game if people buy from elsewhere. And most of my collection is Stern. And I love my Elvira topper. It’s awesome! But if they are going to charge a massive sum then they better make it something worthwhile. This one is pretty poor. There are better options elsewhere.
Let’s compare:
[quoted image][quoted image]
One is cheaper than the other by $100. One is limited to 50 units and still available. The other probably had a thousand made and is sold out.

Yeah all companies are out there to make money but many, especially the successful ones, want to deliver a high quality product built with passion. Stern is very inconsistent with that approach IMO and this Godzilla topper is their latest example of choosing profit over passion.

Charge $1k, $2k, whatever for a topper but don't slap your customers in the face with what is clearly a basic low cost item with a reused playfield figurine. That's an insult.

#21917 9 months ago

The capitalist will say this is a self-regulating process. If people are willing to pay the asking price, then the product was successful. If they don’t pay, then the product was a failure. It’s just pure math from Stern’s perspective and they use that math to guide what they do next.

#21918 9 months ago

Good job STERN,You take maybe Your Best game and dump a crap Topper on it for 1,000 bucks and what do we get.This is turning into the Bond thread all over again.

#21919 9 months ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

The capitalist will say this is a self-regulating process. If people are willing to pay the asking price, then the product was successful. If they don’t pay, then the product was a failure. It’s just pure math from Stern’s perspective and they use that math to guide what they do next.

Fairpoint but it is disappointing to see them make something that looks like it has a lack of passion . The Black Knight topper was awesome and at sub $500 mark .
Everyone was hoping for something really cool .
It might be financially successful but if they had the burning buildings background and a moving Godzilla head , they would have sold 10 times as many .
They could have done so much better if they had wanted .

#21920 9 months ago

Bond, Godzilla, Toy Story, Funhouse, Defender, I don't care. I love pinball.

#21921 9 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Fairpoint but it is disappointing to see them make something that looks like it has a lack of passion . The Black Knight topper was awesome and at sub $500 mark .
Everyone was hoping for something really cool .
It might be financially successful but if they had the burning buildings background and a moving Godzilla head , they would have sold 10 times as many .
They could have done so much better if they had wanted .

I agree it’s disappointing. Pinball enthusiasts are driven by passion. Stern is driven by profit. Neither is wrong, but they are not aligned. Now the MAGIC happens when both passion and profit meets and everyone feels like a winner…

#21922 9 months ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Good job STERN,You take maybe Your Best game and dump a crap Topper on it for 1,000 bucks and what do we get.This is turning into the Bond thread all over again.

That's the thing that gets me . It's their most popular game and everyone was hoping for a moving Tyrannosaurus rex head or a black knight head but you get the same static Godzilla that's already on the Playfield ( which no-one likes)
Yet they will put in a lot of effort for Unique toppers on their slower selling games .

Black Knight ( fully articulated moving head)
Munsters ( cuckoo clock)
Mando ( 3D hologram)
Rush ( moving gears with clock and mode lights)

They're either thinking , it's our most popular game and we can sell a shitload of these and make great profit , or we don't have the capacity (or want the hassle) make thousands of complicated toppers .

#21923 9 months ago

All right, I've spent some time looking here and online for an answer, and I'm having no luck. My building has started intermittently recognizing balls that pass through the bottom. It's making some modes and destruction jackpot very frustrating. In switch test, the entry optos work great, and the exit gate registers perfectly. The magnet is good and strong. Is there an additional switch insde the building? Any thoughts on what could cause it to be intermittent? What should I be looking at? Thanks!

#21924 9 months ago

Getting a sense Elwin does not care about toppers. Which is completely cool. He rather put effort into designing the next game rather than time for topper. He had said in interviews that the mode was something that didn’t make the cut in the game.
So maybe no one cared about the topper.

#21925 9 months ago

Double post

#21926 9 months ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

All right, I've spent some time looking here and online for an answer, and I'm having no luck. My building has started intermittently recognizing balls that pass through the bottom. It's making some modes and destruction jackpot very frustrating. In switch test, the entry optos work great, and the exit gate registers perfectly. The magnet is good and strong. Is there an additional switch insde the building? Any thoughts on what could cause it to be intermittent? What should I be looking at? Thanks!

Here’s what I’d do to test it. And I just checked on my machine to make sure it works.
- Take the glass off and go into switch test
- take a ball out and either close the coin door or pull out the interlock switch
- while in switch test, use the flippers to repeatedly shoot through the building. This will give you a true test of what’s going on when you’re playing vs using your hand to test the switches.

Watch the switch number showing on the top left of the LCD. On shots through the building you should see the switch number show 52 and then 53. Whichever one of those is only intermittently registering will be the issue.

#21927 9 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Here’s what I’d do to test it. And I just checked on my machine to make sure it works.
- take a ball out and either close the coin door or pull out the interlock switch
- while in switch test, use the flippers to repeatedly shoot through the building. This will give you a true test of what’s going on when you’re playing vs using your hand to test the switches.
Watch the switch number showing on the top left of the LCD. On shots through the building you should see the switch number show 52 and then 53. Whichever one of those is only intermittently registering will be the issue.

That's kind of what I did. I was in switch test and was rolling balls through by hand. I didn't spot any unusual behavior. I'll give it another go and report back shortly. So I'm gathering from your answer there is no 3rd switch?

#21928 9 months ago

Ok, it's the entrance opto. It was registering last time I had the glass off. It's not now. I'll have a look at the wires, etc. Anyone have any previois experience with this?

#21929 9 months ago

But Stern sheep will keep buying. So yeah no reason for Stern to change. They will come up with another price jump and their QC will continue to tank. Just look at the crappy clear coat on some games.

I will not buy NIB ever again. I was priced out on premiums MSRP and with the bunch of QC issues I am out. CGC needs to speed up production and the rate they get games out. They are missing a great opportunity here.

JJP pretty much priced themselves out and there last couple offerings will not move a ton of pins. You can still buy GNR LE’s, and TS4 CE’s and LE’s.

AP GTF is not doing well at all (my opinion). They need a good licensed theme. Their pins resale value is horrible. You take a huge hit once you by it and open it.

Spooky is trying to be a big pin manufacturer pretty much in rural America. They have had and still have QC issues. I have Scooby and Halloween and love them, but I had many issues out of the box with Scooby. The labor pull they can pull from are not very skilled unfortunately.

Used for me now on.

#21930 9 months ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

I'm still on 1.03. Have no plans to update.

Is it possible to share the code ?

#21931 9 months ago

I agree it’s disappointing. Pinball enthusiasts are driven by passion. Stern is driven by profit. Neither is wrong, but they are not aligned. Now the MAGIC happens when both passion and profit meets and everyone feels like a winner…

Totally. TNA, Godzilla

#21932 9 months ago
Quoted from gizmo33:

Is it possible to share the code ?

PM

#21933 9 months ago

Aka Spooky pinball. Scooby is a huge winner.

#21934 9 months ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Let’s compare:
[quoted image][quoted image]

The tilt topper is sick. I had their Deadpool one also. Great quality and happy to support a small business building something they love over bigger companies trying to pad margins on accessories. If you can’t look someone in the eye and tell you that you’re proud of the product you’re selling then that’s a problem. Who at Stern is going to defend that they put their heart into the design of this product to serve their market? Business will correct itself and companies on top don’t stay on top making these types of decisions.

#21935 9 months ago

Edit: Sold

Have GZ Prem/LE
Yellow Plastic Protector set.
Complete set.
New.

$30 includes shipping.

Anyone interested PM me.

Cheers
D5569DAF-17F2-482E-B9F3-D6018D970AF4 (resized).jpegD5569DAF-17F2-482E-B9F3-D6018D970AF4 (resized).jpeg

#21936 9 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Thanks for the help. The optos kept working then not working as I was tinkering. I ended up removing the optics from the game, reflowing the solder on both boards, and reinstalled. Seems to work like a champ now. Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

#21937 9 months ago

I'm not a huge fan of the topper. But I find myself wondering if the folks who say "Stern saved me X dollars" actually ever buy anything?

#21938 9 months ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I'm not a huge fan of the topper. But I find myself wondering if the folks who say "Stern saved me X dollars" actually ever buy anything?

Absolutely. I would’ve bought a Stern topper at $2000 if it would’ve actually been worth the money. I skipped the Rush topper at $1700 because some rotating gears isn’t really anything special. The GZ topper does even less for $1000. At $500 I probably would consider the GZ topper. My Guardians has the Stern topper (was $400 with basically the same functionality as the GZ topper), Monster Bash LE with topper, etc.

I’ll buy a topper for GZ, it just won’t be the Stern one.

#21939 9 months ago

So everything is mounted now. Just need to figure out some lighting for the figures and how to power it. Currently the sign is being powered off the CPU board via USB.

PXL_20230603_194854033 (resized).jpgPXL_20230603_194854033 (resized).jpgPXL_20230603_192809646 (resized).jpgPXL_20230603_192809646 (resized).jpgPXL_20230603_194910236 (resized).jpgPXL_20230603_194910236 (resized).jpg
#21940 9 months ago

My distributor was able to cancel all 4 of his GZ topper pre orders, as we all wanted out. Stern should be ashamed, especially with all of their price increases… how much margin is totally unfair?

#21941 9 months ago

Seems like these toppers are out in the wild? Can’t find any videos aside from the brief Stern one. Stern didn’t even see the need to show off this topper. I’m not a buyer but I am interested in seeing what this 1k topper does.

#21942 9 months ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Seems like these toppers are out in the wild? Can’t find any videos aside from the brief Stern one. Stern didn’t even see the need to show off this topper. I’m not a buyer but I am interested in seeing what this 1k topper does.

I hear that it lights up. I mean for 1000usd, what more did you expect from stern?

now, if they wanted to fleece us for 1,500usd or more, you might get a motor with some 10usd toy motor in it. plain and simple, when it was mod makers producing all of the toppers, you got your money's worth (or at least close to it). stern saw the money that they were leaving on the table and took advantage. you can't blame them.

unfortunately, the value for the item isn't nearly what it should be, however it's in line with how much the quality has gone down on their machines as well.

#21943 9 months ago

Just needs some final touches
And voila!

New Topper.

10mins I’ll never get back LMAO

42EA7C0B-1073-411D-ACE4-16B764BEF89E (resized).jpeg42EA7C0B-1073-411D-ACE4-16B764BEF89E (resized).jpeg
#21944 9 months ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

And voila! New Topper.10mins I’ll never get back LMAO[quoted image]

10 mins and worth 1 grand, sounds about right!

#21945 9 months ago

All done.. Lighting color can be changed or effects added. I like the green for now but may lower brightness.

PXL_20230604_022531350 (resized).jpgPXL_20230604_022531350 (resized).jpg
#21946 9 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

All done.. Lighting color can be changed or effects added. I like the green for now but may lower brightness.
[quoted image]

Looks great! After the tilt topper one, the Etsy one was our 2nd choice. Excellent value!

Edit: think your mods are tastefully done.

#21947 9 months ago
Quoted from Nick_801:

My distributor was able to cancel all 4 of his GZ topper pre orders, as we all wanted out. Stern should be ashamed, especially with all of their price increases… how much margin is totally unfair?

Interesting that the distributor chose to chancel their allotment.

The topper is sold out. So I’m sure they could have sold those 4 to other people.

#21948 9 months ago
Quoted from dashv:

Interesting that the distributor chose to chancel their allotment.
The topper is sold out. So I’m sure they could have sold those 4 to other people.

I highly doubt that. I bet stern didn’t even make 100 of them, maybe 50. And I bet they sold them before the reveal.

#21949 9 months ago

The topper is everything that will be taken out by people buying the complete Stumblor/Jazzbouche set with plastic tanks as a bonus .Damn cheapskates couldn’t even add the Subway/noodle bar signs though .That’s what made me cancel mine .It’s all about the signs man .

#21950 9 months ago
Quoted from Nick_801:

That is awesome. Let people that want them be able to buy them.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 999.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution
Toppers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods
Toys/Add-ons
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods
Protection
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ScottieIA Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,071 posts in this topic. You are on page 439 of 542.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/439 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.