Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,318 posts in this topic. You are on page 437 of 547.
#21801 10 months ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

LOL
[quoted image]

Are you OK? you quoted your own post and it has you laughing out loud??

Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Don’t forget about that awful shooter rod, also being shat upon.

Shooter rod came out a long time ago. we've all had time to grieve. Official shooter rods are rarely the play anyway, unlike toppers which are usually a decent option.

#21802 10 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Are you OK? you quoted your own post and it has you laughing out loud??

Shooter rod came out a long time ago. we've all had time to grieve. Official shooter rods are rarely the play anyway, unlike toppers which are usually a decent option.

No, I’m not okay. But it was funny

#21803 10 months ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Don’t forget about that awful shooter rod, also being shat upon.

I like it, well after my daughter painted it.

IMG_2598 (resized).jpegIMG_2598 (resized).jpegIMG_2599 (resized).jpegIMG_2599 (resized).jpegIMG_2601 (resized).jpegIMG_2601 (resized).jpegIMG_2602 (resized).jpegIMG_2602 (resized).jpegIMG_2603 (resized).jpegIMG_2603 (resized).jpeg
#21804 10 months ago

At least the shooter rod is ergonomic. It’s not a clown head or sword handle.

All this topper talk has distracted us from the real news. Foo fighters has dethroned the king!

#21806 10 months ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

Foo fighters has dethroned the king!

I see no reason for that, foo fighters is far away from what Godzilla has in the code. Maybe it will change, we will see.

#21807 10 months ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

...All this topper talk has distracted us from the real news. Foo fighters has dethroned the king!

" ... all glory is fleeting." - Patton

True in life and in the Pinside Top 100 as well.

#21808 10 months ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

All this topper talk has distracted us from the real news. Foo fighters has dethroned the king!

At home I'm digging JP more than GZ at the moment so whatevs. I LOVE GZ but JP is really clicking with me.

Foo looks fun but isn't code complete and has probably a tenth of the reviews GZ has. So I take that rating with a huge grain of salt...

#21809 10 months ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

Foo fighters has dethroned the king!

The pinside top 100 has been a flipper's voting forum for a while now. That is unless you really think every new pin is a top 50 pin of all time. I can name at least 20 machines in the top 50 that have no business being within the top 100.

#21810 10 months ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

Well, since I am not a ten-year old with puppy and kitten posters on my bedroom wall, my tastes are probably different. So yea, downvotes okay, buddy. Maybe read about more problems in the world and, oh uea, remember this thread is about pinball. Not puppy-dogs and ice cream. Again, time and place.

What's wrong with the world today? YOU!

#21811 10 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

At home I'm digging JP more than GZ at the moment so whatevs. I LOVE GZ but JP is really clicking with me.
Foo looks fun but isn't code complete and has probably a tenth of the reviews GZ has. So I take that rating with a huge grain of salt...

Foo is a proven ,incredible layout and code wise headed in the right direction ,zero doubt on that .GZ is the King of Code right now and will be hard to top .I will be grabbing a JP soon (as soon as ready to sell a game ) to sandwich in between them .I’ve got about a 15 plays on location and it’s without a doubt in the conversation .Just my opinion ,but right now those 3 are in a class on they’re own and why not have all 3 if I have the room . Be happy long , long time

#21812 10 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Foo is a proven ,incredible layout and code wise headed in the right direction ,zero doubt on that .GZ is the King of Code right now and will be hard to top .I will be grabbing a JP soon (as soon as ready to sell a game ) to sandwich in between them .I’ve got about a 15 plays on location and it’s without a doubt in the conversation .Just my opinion ,but right now those 3 are in a class on they’re own and why not have all 3 if I have the room . Be happy long , long time

out of my 23 machines, I have the top 3 in the 100..not bragging, but want to chime in on how they stack up in my xp. GZ is still #1 to me, while Foo is #2 and then Medieval Madness is at #3 for me..Foo is an excellent machine and ranks #3 of all my machines (Alien LV ranks #2 to me)..but The King of Monsters is still in the top spot They are all great for different reasons, so they only offer the power of diversity in my lineup..which is way more powerful than 'what's better'.

#21813 10 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

The description says "flash lamp projecting Godzilla's shadow". My guess is that behind the blue fart cloud on the topper is a flasher pointed at the Godzilla sculpt so that when the flasher goes off the shadow from the sculpt shows on the wall.

Only thing that is 100% certain.....

Godzilla is going to see his shadow & the absurd Stern price gouging will continue for another 6 years.

#21814 10 months ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

it makes a lot of sense to me that expression lights and Jack Dangers signature adds 0.532 points to the rating making FF LE the best title and FF Premium the 6th best title.

#21815 10 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Foo is a proven ,incredible layout and code wise headed in the right direction ,zero doubt on that .

Problem is, it's just another rock band pin.. music, progress the band.. yawn. GZ is so original and creative on title integration alone that I can't put them in the same category..

#21816 10 months ago

Here’s my hot take, the Godzilla pin is great, the topper is hot garbage!

#21817 10 months ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

Every time I make brisket and burnt ends. The wife doesn’t like brisket so I’m putting em down until I can feel my arteries swell.

Don't like brisket? Sounds like grounds for divorce!

#21818 10 months ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Problem is, it's just another rock band pin.. music, progress the band.. yawn. GZ is so original and creative on title integration alone that I can't put them in the same category..

Sorry for the thread creep but don't agree at all...that's its hook..it's not just another rock band pin...far from it...there is no progress the band...it's save the cities and fight the overlord at the same time infiltrating area 51, upgrading your van, battling the sonic radio, bot frenzy, overlord challenges, build a giant robot, hitting crazy combos on a mode (combotron) not even finished yet...so much more to come

I love GZ and you're right, they're not in the same category but they can reside in their own excellence. For me though..a game of Godzilla is methodical, planned, at times chaotic, at times amazing...but can be Loooooooooong....FF is like Walking Dead, or Deadpool....brutal, fast, but when you are kicking butt..it lets you know and you feel like you have done something

#21819 10 months ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

Every new game released instantly becomes #1 on the Pinside rankings and then drops (except for Godzilla). Foo Fighters will not stay at #1 for long. After 18 months Godzilla has earned its #1 title, Foo Fighters has been #1 for a few days lol.

#21820 10 months ago
Quoted from Oneironaut:

Sure would be nice if some of that burning hole money found its way to a local animal shelter.
Out of sight, out of mind does not mean its not happening.

I think you should sell all your pins and donate to your local animal shelter.

#21821 10 months ago
Quoted from coloradodan:

I think you should sell all your pins and donate to your local animal shelter.

I volunteer and donate obscene amounts. It's what I do to give back? YOU?
You can't help them all, so help the ones you can.

#21822 10 months ago

Selling custom grade A egg shooter knobs. Price is $300.

coloring-easter-eggs_0-d19686209310451a842b5d506babde47 (resized).jpgcoloring-easter-eggs_0-d19686209310451a842b5d506babde47 (resized).jpg

#21823 10 months ago

I was lucky enough to have extra money recently and chose between TNA and FF. I chose TNA because I felt like FF is very similar to GZ. The rules seem complicated (to my small mind) and I don't want to invest all the time to learn them. Learning GZ is a lot of work. GZ is great and I am very happy with it. I also noticed that with FF I hit the ball and then its gone for a while. Like, its on a giant arc, ramp, wireform, etc. Maybe its just me. Dont get me wrong, I do think FF is a really fun pin. I like it a lot, enough to consider it as a next machine. But, like I said, it was too similar (to me) to Godzilla, even in colors. Check out a pic of them next to each other. I don't know what the best pin ever is. But I am very happy with my little world.

#21824 10 months ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

I was lucky enough to have extra money recently and chose between TNA and FF. I chose TNA because I felt like FF is very similar to GZ. The rules seem complicated (to my small mind) and I don't want to invest all the time to learn them. Learning GZ is a lot of work. GZ is great and I am very happy with it. I also noticed that with FF I hit the ball and then its gone for a while. Like, its on a giant arc, ramp, wireform, etc. Maybe its just me. Dont get me wrong, I do think FF is a really fun pin. I like it a lot, enough to consider it as a next machine. But, like I said, it was too similar (to me) to Godzilla, even in colors. Check out a pic of them next to each other. I don't know what the best pin ever is. But I am very happy with my little world.

I played GZ and FF back to back and also felt they were very similar. Since they were both new to me, and I like both themes, it could have been a toss up, but I give the edge to GZ. I might pick up a FF down the road if I tire of GZ.

#21825 10 months ago

I can only speak for myself here so please take that into consideration when reading this. JMO.

Foo Fighters is a really great game. It's fun, has fantastic flow and a unique layout. The sounds and callouts are great and the overall art package is strong.
The code is fairly linear and feels similar to Deadpool (which makes sense because it's Tanio on both): mode, maybe stack a multiball, get to a mini-wizard mode.

Godzilla is different. It's also fun and has a fairly unique layout. The art package and sounds/callouts are also excellent. What is different (to me) is the strategy of moving around cities, the optional city objectives, the stacking, the annihilation/carnage bonus potential... There is no standard way to play the game and score points. I've recently learned that Terror of Mechagodzilla is so much more lucrative that I'm beelining it in competition play over Monster Zero.

At any rate it is all subjective. I enjoy the complexity and depth of GZ more. It reminds me of a Lyman-coded game where scoring balance takes precedence so it doesn't become a do-this-then-this-then-this-then-this-then-this game. Foo does not...yet. I certainly hope it does because better pinball means more players, and more players means more fun to me.

#21826 10 months ago
Quoted from Biju:

I can only speak for myself here so please take that into consideration when reading this. JMO.
Foo Fighters is a really great game. It's fun, has fantastic flow and a unique layout. The sounds and callouts are great and the overall art package is strong.
The code is fairly linear and feels similar to Deadpool (which makes sense because it's Tanio on both): mode, maybe stack a multiball, get to a mini-wizard mode.
Godzilla is different. It's also fun and has a fairly unique layout. The art package and sounds/callouts are also excellent. What is different (to me) is the strategy of moving around cities, the optional city objectives, the stacking, the annihilation/carnage bonus potential... There is no standard way to play the game and score points. I've recently learned that Terror of Mechagodzilla is so much more lucrative that I'm beelining it in competition play over Monster Zero.
At any rate it is all subjective. I enjoy the complexity and depth of GZ more. It reminds me of a Lyman-coded game where scoring balance takes precedence so it doesn't become a do-this-then-this-then-this-then-this-then-this game. Foo does not...yet. I certainly hope it does because better pinball means more players, and more players means more fun to me.

you are absolutely right. Gz has so much special moments, destruction jackpot at x9 is one of them . Foo is more a fun shooter, Hope also for more to come on foo.

#21827 10 months ago

I should add one more thing: what I love best about pinball is that some games have deep code, some have width in code; some are both narrow and shallow while others are the opposite. It's the variety that works best overall. If each game needed 20 pages of rules it wouldn't be fun. The community needs the variety IMO.

#21828 10 months ago
Quoted from gizmo33:

Hi everybody,
I receive and change today my two optos bord and i always have the same problem ! No Ball was detected at the entry of building ! Any ideas ?

I suspect problem with the upgrade in 1.05.0... where can i found the 1.04.0 please ?

#21829 10 months ago
Quoted from gizmo33:

I suspect problem with the upgrade in 1.05.0... where can i found the 1.04.0 please ?

Contact Stern support... see sternpinball.com.

#21830 10 months ago

On the recent thread of other games and GZ-- I just got back my Star Wars (premium, comic art) after a 6 month swap for Batman66-- and getting it back, I really love having it as something completely different than GZ. The gameplay is just *so* different. Godzilla is so mechanical with so many things going on, while Star Wars is really stripped back to a basic shooter but with really fancy lights. It's fantastic next to GZ. But thats just me, I only have 2 games in my little pinball kingdom, I know a lot of you cats have 20+.

#21831 10 months ago
Quoted from coloradodan:

Contact Stern support... see sternpinball.com.

I've already checked the Web site, don't find the old release.

#21832 10 months ago

I always keep the older versions, however, in this case I only got my GZ in March and it came with 1.04. I only have the 1.05 that I downloaded and installed.

#21833 10 months ago
Quoted from gizmo33:

I've already checked the Web site, don't find the old release.

Just my .02 here...Save your 1.04 code (or older) on a separate card and hang on to it! I suspect future codes will be un-reversable. Maybe I’m wrong on that but better safe than sorry.
Stern doesn’t share prior codes so you’ll have to find someone else that has it.

#21834 10 months ago

I thought I had saved mine, because I don't usually delete them, but I don't have it :/ I have not went to 1.0.5 yet.

#21835 10 months ago

Anyone have the 1.03 code? I'd appreciate it. I'm there now. Haven't updated since then and I'm happy staying here for a long time. PM if it's easier. I will buy you a beer. Or coffee. But only coffee-flavored coffee. And no craft beer. Just a regular lager. Domestic.

BTW- How do you revert to an old code? Say I installed a newer version by accident, how would I go about putting 1.03 or any other back in the machine?

#21836 10 months ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

Anyone have the 1.03 code? I'd appreciate it. I'm there now. Haven't updated since then and I'm happy staying here for a long time. PM if it's easier. I will buy you a beer. Or coffee. But only coffee-flavored coffee. And no craft beer. Just a regular lager. Domestic.
BTW- How do you revert to an old code? Say I installed a newer version by accident, how would I go about putting 1.03 or any other back in the machine?

Quoted from tedwasright:

I have 1.03 and 1.04 let me see if I can post them You can download onto USB and upload to Your Machine

#21837 10 months ago

godzilla_le-1_04_0.spk

#21839 10 months ago

I knew someone would agree

#21840 10 months ago

So partially DIY topper is coming together.

This shelf (2 pack 24 in width in Black):

Floating Shelves, Wall Mounted Set of 2 Solid Wood Shelves for Wall, 24 Inch Black Long Floating Shelves for Bathroom Bedroom Office and Living Room, Storage Bookshelf Wooden Display Shelf https://a.co/d/6eVeP3I

This sign:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1473755364/godzilla-pinball-led-lightbox-godzilla?ref=share_v4_lx

L brackets of your choice and a few screws (relatively shallow as to not puncture LED layer inside the sign). I used some I had left over from some IKEA shelves.

Mount sign to the board with the l brackets then mount two to bottom of the board to hang on the backbox. I zip tie for these to cabinet via ventilation holes to avoid permanently modifying cabinet.

Add furniture pads to bottom of board to avoid damaging backbox.

Eventually I plan to mount the figures as shown and add some LED lighting.

PXL_20230601_230020626.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20230601_230020626.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20230601_233439497 (resized).jpgPXL_20230601_233439497 (resized).jpgPXL_20230602_003712374 (resized).jpgPXL_20230602_003712374 (resized).jpgPXL_20230602_003730017 (resized).jpgPXL_20230602_003730017 (resized).jpg
#21841 10 months ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I knew someone would agree

Definitely not a moron just thought it was funny you called yourself a moron

#21842 10 months ago

Quoted from Jamesays:godzilla_le-1_04_0.spk

Hey James, it won't open

#21843 10 months ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Here’s my hot take, the Godzilla pin is great, the topper is hot garbage!

No pinball item is hot garbage. Only people are hot garbage.

If you do not like the item, do not buy it.

#21844 10 months ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:Problem is, it's just another rock band pin.. music, progress the band.. yawn. GZ is so original and creative on title integration alone that I can't put them in the same category..

Foo is night and day from any rock pin prior ,but I agree 100% on GZ .There is no weak spot .I’m so fing depressed I had to cancel the topper .Makes me sick what they put out .This topper should’ve topped all toppers .Oh well , I got Stumblor in my corner

#21845 10 months ago

Got my topper yesterday.light show is pretty awesome. Not worth the money but it was the only game in my line up with no topper

0DA0E08C-786A-4BE8-9904-1E0DFCA04FAB (resized).jpeg0DA0E08C-786A-4BE8-9904-1E0DFCA04FAB (resized).jpeg25D862F0-FA31-454D-BC66-5C3A86D234EB (resized).jpeg25D862F0-FA31-454D-BC66-5C3A86D234EB (resized).jpeg3752B02B-6D84-4B5E-9000-C125A22B2153 (resized).jpeg3752B02B-6D84-4B5E-9000-C125A22B2153 (resized).jpeg4A6D6978-C230-422C-8744-02775586C94B (resized).jpeg4A6D6978-C230-422C-8744-02775586C94B (resized).jpeg514238DF-40FB-4117-A2E5-8EB3633D8689 (resized).jpeg514238DF-40FB-4117-A2E5-8EB3633D8689 (resized).jpeg51B8EA04-C9E3-48B4-B84E-589644231A13 (resized).jpeg51B8EA04-C9E3-48B4-B84E-589644231A13 (resized).jpeg9D2023C0-C445-4851-A223-7F5DCD70C47C (resized).jpeg9D2023C0-C445-4851-A223-7F5DCD70C47C (resized).jpegADAED7F0-DF2A-4219-9F8A-892082CF3C36 (resized).jpegADAED7F0-DF2A-4219-9F8A-892082CF3C36 (resized).jpegB236490E-2B50-41AE-95A2-EFC6695B1631 (resized).jpegB236490E-2B50-41AE-95A2-EFC6695B1631 (resized).jpeg
#21846 10 months ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Got my topper yesterday.light show is pretty awesome. Not worth the money but it was the only game in my line up with no topper
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

$499 is even too much for this. The tanks are so out of scale with Godzilla.

#21847 10 months ago

Dang. Just try to look at this from a "I no nothing about pinball" perspective and think $1000...

#21848 10 months ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I just couldn’t get over purchasing Jazzbouches Atomic GZ (fing killer ) to replace the Flatheaded lizard to only have it show up again .Didn’t they see what PF and GF toppers looked like ? This is Fucking Godzilla !! I’m glad for those who got it , I just don’t have the 1k to spend on something I’ll spend another $500 upgrading with real cast models .

#21849 10 months ago

Will the real Godzilla please stand up !

IMG_3062 (resized).jpegIMG_3062 (resized).jpegIMG_3064 (resized).jpegIMG_3064 (resized).jpeg
#21850 10 months ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Congrats!

Thanks for sharing. Looks ok to me. I was not expecting anything different. Do not let some one elses negativity stop you from enjoying your purchase or the hobby.

It will be ages before we get ours in Australia.. I am looking forward to it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 125.88
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ChainsawMods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

9,000 (OBO)
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 27,318 posts in this topic. You are on page 437 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/437 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.