PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 436 of 548.
#21751 10 months ago
Quoted from freddy:Consider me a dumb ass!

The name is "DUMASS"!!!

Dumass (resized).jpgDumass (resized).jpg
#21752 10 months ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Does anyone ever really get meat sweats?

Decided to play my GZ after lunch…despite all this topper talk…it’s still very fun.

IMG_6910 (resized).jpegIMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
#21753 10 months ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Well, speaking MY truth certainly doesn't pay off on pinside these days, looking at the peeps that replied to me..and I'm replying to YOU because life IS short..I was just diagnosed with an inoperative brain tumor yesterday We'll see how that pans out..but I did buy the topper before the news, lol..(I knew I had the tumor, but didn't know it was inoperatable at that time). Game Changer... Live it up, Boyz and Girlz!

I sincerely wish you and all your family well. I am recovering from some major surgeries myself. Family and friends come first. Good luck.

#21754 10 months ago
Quoted from freddy:

Consider me a dumb ass!

Well kinda seems like you are.

#21755 10 months ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Who down voted must have bought these piece of garbage topper.

And the same person downvoted me lol

#21756 10 months ago
Quoted from Cobray:

The name is "DUMASS"!!![quoted image]

That’s what I said Dumb ass!

#21757 10 months ago

This is the latest mock up of my topper attempt.

The white background is just for the photo. I will likely just leave blank wall behind it rather than attempt to come up with some sort of cityscape. And I'll light the figures with USB spotlights from Amazon.

About $175 for for the sign. About $110 for the figures and $15 for a black shelf from Amazon. I had screws, black paint and scrap wood lying around. Spotlights were like $10

If I want a custom hurry up mode I'll pay a prostitute a couple of hundred dollars to cradle my pinballs while I'm playing.

So all in about $400 less than Stern's official topper.

PXL_20230531_192159172 (resized).jpgPXL_20230531_192159172 (resized).jpg
#21758 10 months ago
Quoted from freddy:

That’s what I said Dumb ass!

The best commercial EVER.

#21759 10 months ago

Speaking of Mods, how the shooter rod could have been…

IMG_2902 (resized).jpegIMG_2902 (resized).jpeg
#21760 10 months ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Sorry to hear that bud. It seems like you are in good spirits though. Try to stay positive. Always remember, nobody gets off this rock alive!

I’m still in shock, lol. But thanks man, I appreciate your kind words! Going to keep on swimmin’ as much as I possibly can.

#21761 10 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

The white background is just for the photo. I will likely just leave blank wall behind it rather than attempt to come up with some sort of cityscape. And I'll light the figures with USB spotlights from Amazon.
About $175 for for the sign. About $110 for the figures and $15 for a black shelf from Amazon. I had screws, black paint and scrap wood lying around. Spotlights were like $10
If I want a custom hurry up mode I'll pay a prostitute a couple of hundred dollars to cradle my pinballs while I'm playing.
So all in about $400 less than Stern's official topper.[quoted image]

What black shelf did you order? Thanks.

#21762 10 months ago

This didn’t age well.

IMG_6382 (resized).jpegIMG_6382 (resized).jpeg
#21763 10 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

so does this sign only plug into the wall ??

#21764 10 months ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

It's 5V powered with a USB-A plug. I've heard of people plugging it into the main board and taking the power there, or using a 110v to 5v (phone charger) wall wart to power it from the service outlet or an extension.

#21765 10 months ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I haven't finished it yet but it's USB so I assume I could draw power from the CPU board. But I haven't confirmed this.

#21766 10 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

I haven't finished it yet but it's USB so I assume I could draw power from the CPU board. But I haven't confirmed this.

I had some LED lights that had USB plug that I plugged into the CPU board and it works.

#21767 10 months ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I had some LED lights that had USB plug that I plugged into the CPU board and it works.

That would be my preference. If not I could just plug it into a smart plug and turn it on with a voice command. But preference would be powered from the machine.

#21768 10 months ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

You actually could If you ask for a pinball machine tombstone in your will!
[quoted image]

That's the coolest Tombstone I've ever seen , hopefully Michael got to see it before he used it .

#21769 10 months ago

*Raises hand*

#21770 10 months ago

*wipes forehead* *raises hand*

#21771 10 months ago

Go to this place then your question is answered...

fba7d6_48f32e38eacf4d10874d2d4ac6b7fdea~mv2 (resized).jpgfba7d6_48f32e38eacf4d10874d2d4ac6b7fdea~mv2 (resized).jpg
#21772 10 months ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

because life IS short..I was just diagnosed with an inoperative brain tumor yesterday We'll see how that pans out..but I did buy the topper before the news, lol..(I knew I had the tumor, but didn't know it was inoperatable at that time).

Seems you have the real life exclusive “King of the Monsters Time Attack” mode. Let's hope you can break out of it and get some extra balls. Know that you have all our support!!!!

I hereby nominate you the King of the Monsters and hope you absolutely break that mode and beat that fucking monster!!!!!

#21773 10 months ago

Any time I've been to an all-you-can-eat Brazilian steakhouse. I'm currently in "I'll never do that again" mode, which I'll forget in a year or two and ignore my current (better) judgement.

#21774 10 months ago
Quoted from Kevlar51:

Any time I've been to an all-you-can-eat Brazilian steakhouse. I'm currently in "I'll never do that again" mode, which I'll forget in a year or two and ignore my current (better) judgement.

Same

#21775 10 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

correct ,thanks.Got 1 delivered today.If a better 1 comes out later Im not out much.

21F41E89-BC41-49C8-8E5E-A8D9880E9B71 (resized).jpeg21F41E89-BC41-49C8-8E5E-A8D9880E9B71 (resized).jpeg
#21776 10 months ago
Quoted from Oneironaut:

Sure would be nice if some of that burning hole money found its way to a local animal shelter.
Out of sight, out of mind does not mean its not happening.

And homeless children, and famine, and oppression, and genocide, and fries without salt. The list is endless. Just because it's out of sight does not mean it's not happening. Let it go man, really. It's a pinball thread. Time and place.

#21777 10 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:This is the latest mock up of my topper attempt.

I would like to do something similar to this. Where did you find that Mechagodzilla? I have not found one that looks that good.

#21778 10 months ago
Quoted from Busaturbo:

I would like to do something similar to this. Where did you find that Mechagodzilla? I have not found one that looks that good.

Not the same seller but same item.

ebay.com link: itm

#21779 10 months ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

correct ,thanks.Got 1 delivered today.If a better 1 comes out later Im not out much.[quoted image]

How did you mount that? I have the same sign and might 3d print something to use the topper holes in the backbox.

#21780 10 months ago
Quoted from tgarrett09:

How did you mount that? I have the same sign and might 3d print something to use the topper holes in the backbox.

I just used double sided tape super sticky along the bottom edge.was thinking of glueing L brackets to the topper and double tape to the machine if this doesnt hold.

#21781 10 months ago
Quoted from tgarrett09:

I would be interested to see anything You may print up

#21782 10 months ago
Quoted from coloradodan:

Seems you have the real life exclusive “King of the Monsters Time Attack” mode. Let's hope you can break out of it and get some extra balls. Know that you have all our support!!!!
I hereby nominate you the King of the Monsters and hope you absolutely break that mode and beat that fucking monster!!!!!

Well shit man, thank you!! I’ll just settle for King Henry (henry is my middle name). And get that Oxygen Destroyer every time bud. Appreciate it!!

#21783 10 months ago
Quoted from BlackBelt:

Decided to play my GZ after lunch…despite all this topper talk…it’s still very fun.

[quoted image]

Nice!!!

#21784 10 months ago
Quoted from Kevlar51:

This is great! Thanks for the warning…… I’ve heard it’s a whole lot of meat

#21785 10 months ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I was just diagnosed with an inoperative brain tumor yesterday We'll see how that pans out..

Man I am so sorry to hear that, take it day by day and appreciate every one of them!

#21786 10 months ago

Who still has first run toppers available? =)

#21787 10 months ago

Every time I make brisket and burnt ends. The wife doesn’t like brisket so I’m putting em down until I can feel my arteries swell.

#21788 10 months ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

And homeless children, and famine, and oppression, and genocide, and fries without salt. The list is endless. Just because it's out of sight does not mean it's not happening. Let it go man, really. It's a pinball thread. Time and place.

A down vote for abandon puppys, you must be a pleasure to be around.

#21789 10 months ago
Quoted from Oneironaut:

A down vote for abandon puppys, you must be a pleasure to be around.

Well, since I am not a ten-year old with puppy and kitten posters on my bedroom wall, my tastes are probably different. So yea, downvotes okay, buddy. Maybe read about more problems in the world and, oh uea, remember this thread is about pinball. Not puppy-dogs and ice cream. Again, time and place.

#21790 10 months ago
Quoted from gizmo33:

Many thx dude ! I can now reply !
I carried out the various tests and the optos whose cause of the problem!
I took them apart and tried to resolder them but nothing happened. The receiver has its red LED on, but when I test the switch, nothing moves! I'm good at ordering parts.
Anyway, thanks for the help everyone, I really appreciate it !

Hi everybody,

I receive and change today my two optos bord and i always have the same problem ! No Ball was detected at the entry of building ! Any ideas ?

#21791 10 months ago

If your disappointed by the new topper, you won’t be disappointed by this hand made wooden GZ sign for your game room. I guess it could be placed on top as a topper. The only complaint you will have is the wait time for you to get yours

EF424622-00C4-4C6F-ADDE-82419E498D1E (resized).jpegEF424622-00C4-4C6F-ADDE-82419E498D1E (resized).jpeg4845F312-A0CE-4E49-A099-FD24603601A6 (resized).jpeg4845F312-A0CE-4E49-A099-FD24603601A6 (resized).jpeg7AB7A4EE-4A7E-4642-A971-8801D946D574 (resized).jpeg7AB7A4EE-4A7E-4642-A971-8801D946D574 (resized).jpeg7DB91898-B103-4EA4-BE33-C28BDC4C8FAA (resized).jpeg7DB91898-B103-4EA4-BE33-C28BDC4C8FAA (resized).jpeg
#21792 10 months ago
Quoted from gizmo33:

Hello everyone,
I have a problem since today, on my GZ Pro, the ball is no longer detected when it crosses the building in the middle?
Do you know how to check or test what no longer works ?

Hi everybody,

I receive and change today my two optos bord and i always have the same problem ! No Ball was detected at the entry of building ! Any ideas ?

Added 10 months ago:

Finaly,now.all is good working ! I found the problem and i solved it !

#21793 10 months ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

This didn’t age well.
[quoted image]

LMAO!

#21794 10 months ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

If your disappointed by the new topper, you won’t be disappointed by this

Yeah dude I am actually disappointed. You make big wooden Stern signs. Nice craftsmanship. Looks well made. Wrong Godzilla though. doesn't look anything like the Showa era films Godzilla the pin is based on or ZYs interpretation. But all that's fine. Hope you sell a bunch. Just stop posting about it. This is a cluttered enough thread already without you posting eight large pictures of your same sign every few weeks or however often (maybe across multiple threads, but still).

Try haivng your own "Really Cool Wooden Sign" thread where you can remind interested parties that this is available.

We're really busy in here trying to shit on this topper.

#21795 10 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Yeah dude I am actually disappointed. You make big wooden Stern signs. Nice craftsmanship. Looks well made. Wrong Godzilla though. doesn't look anything like the Showa era films Godzilla the pin is based on or ZYs interpretation. But all that's fine. Hope you sell a bunch. Just stop posting about it. This is a cluttered enough thread already without you posting eight large pictures of your same sign every few weeks or however often (maybe across multiple threads, but still).
Try haivng your own "Really Cool Wooden Sign" thread where you can remind interested parties that this is available.

One more time just for you

IMG_7888 (resized).jpegIMG_7888 (resized).jpeg
#21796 10 months ago

HA!

#21797 10 months ago
Quoted from gizmo33:

Hi everybody,

Did you test the replacement optos together before installing them. By that, I mean plug the new optos into the molexs, start a switch test and hold the receiver and emitter at each other. If I remember correctly there should be red light on the receiver board that will light when there is an IR light "connection" present. Break that light connection and you should hear the audible switch test noise as well as the red light going out. If that tested out fine, you installed them into the assembly and your switch test is still failing there may be an alignment issue in the assembly (I have never took this assembly apart, so I'm not sure if that's possible). The 2 optos talk to each other through small holes in the metal guide on each side of the building entrance. You might be able to visually see that the optos do not fully match up with the cutouts if you get in close to look?

#21798 10 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

So should I put you down for the Mando sign instead

#21799 10 months ago

One more time just for you[quoted image]

LOVE IT !!!

#21800 10 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Don’t forget about that awful shooter rod, also being shat upon.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

5,980 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 436 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/436 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.