Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,319 posts in this topic. You are on page 435 of 547.
#21701 10 months ago

I do not like it, especially at 1k, but that zip tie I think is a shipping thing and they just didn't take it off....one would hope.

#21702 10 months ago

If Stumblor came out with a GZ topper right now he’d make bank. #setforlife

#21703 10 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I do not like it, especially at 1k, but that zip tie I think is a shipping thing and they just didn't take it off....one would hope.

Doubtful. It's the same way it is attached in the game and someone had already remarked that they are using the plastic it sits on in the game as well.

#21704 10 months ago

Any response from Stern, aside from the maniacal laughter

#21705 10 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Maybe they made a disappointing topper to distract from the testicle shooter rod
[quoted image]

If your testicle looks like that, you should go to your doctor.

#21706 10 months ago

I ordered the Stern topper yesterday, after cancelling it, then ordering again..and they are sold out of the first run, so I'm sure some of you got in on it I personally don't like the price (duh!), but I still think it's the 'best' topper that I've seen so far (overall, zip-tie aside). The burning buildings..what can I say..that's badass. Keep in mind that stern's TMNT topper has a moving eyeball + lightshow (same price). Deadpool has a moving thumb and a lightshow for $700..Stranger Things has the infinity glass (650-700)..these aren't revolutionary toppers by ANY means..but, it is a licensed Stern product, and that's where they all have us by the balls.

#21707 10 months ago

Just use fishing line instead of the zip tie if needed. I’m getting a new figure but need to know how tall it is. Die cast tanks maybe. I added toys to my Toy Story topper and it really dressed it up. Probably do a mothra or other flying figures maybe. Gold dragon

#21708 10 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

Just use fishing line instead of the zip tie if needed. I’m getting a new figure but need to know how tall it is. Die cast tanks maybe. I added toys to my Toy Story topper and it really dressed it up. Probably do a mothra or other flying figures maybe. Gold dragon

This is a problem…. At that price it shouldn’t need to be dressed up at your expense

#21709 10 months ago

I went back to reread the description and the "special flash lamp projecting Godzilla’s shadow" is intriguing, but how does it work. If they showed more of the actual operation of the topper during gameplay, less people would likely be hating on this thing.

#21710 10 months ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I ordered the Stern topper yesterday, after cancelling it, then ordering again..and they are sold out of the first run, so I'm sure some of you got in on it I personally don't like the price (duh!), but I still think it's the 'best' topper that I've seen so far (overall, zip-tie aside). The burning buildings..what can I say..that's badass. Keep in mind that stern's TMNT topper has a moving eyeball + lightshow (same price). Deadpool has a moving thumb and a lightshow for $700..Stranger Things has the infinity glass (650-700)..these aren't revolutionary toppers by ANY means..but, it is a licensed Stern product, and that's where they all have us by the balls.

I saw Nitro sold out also...

#21711 10 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

Thinking same thing, King or Mothra....

#21712 10 months ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

This is a problem…. At that price it shouldn’t need to be dressed up at your expense

Agree we shouldn't have to mod a factory topper. I'm a topper addict and for me mods stop at the pin. This is the first time ever that I had to restrain a purchase/ask for money back from my distributor because I was less than impressed. Too bad because it's such an amazing game.

#21713 10 months ago

I do agree it shouldn’t need dressed up but here we are. Prob get a $100 Godzilla figure guessing 8”and large dragon for $300 and will be bad ass. Seeing mando topper in video it was cool but in person finally seen it and just can’t get to $2k on it if I had a mando still. It’s nice but expensive for what it is.

#21714 10 months ago

So it sold out. Still not going to make this a nice looking topper.

#21715 10 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

I saw Nitro sold out also...

This is probably the highest selling Stern title of all time so of course the idiot pool is going to be slightly larger, keep that in mind.

#21716 10 months ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

and that's where they all have us by the balls.

Speak for yourself. Nobody's making you, or me, buy it. My balls are my own. Personally i think its a big waste of money.

#21717 10 months ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

They have you buy the balls and any other person who buys this crap.

#21718 10 months ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Could you please let us know who your distro is? There are a few Pinheads in Australia that would like one.

They’re always on eBay.

#21719 10 months ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

My balls are my own.

This needs to be made into a pinball t-shirt !

#21720 10 months ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

That's what I did for about $60 total including the planes and heat ray/splash
[quoted image][quoted image]

Have the same one minus the planes. And love it.

Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Speak for yourself. They don't have my balls at all...unless you count the balls in my next future pin...Then maybe they have my balls. Just not when it comes to their toppers.

#21721 10 months ago

Mark me in the idiot column. I ordered one. Screw it. Pinball is fun and I can’t take my money with me to the grave!

#21722 10 months ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Speak for yourself. Nobody's making you, or me, buy it. My balls are my own. Personally i think its a big waste of money.

Agreed. I wouldn't put this on mine if I got it for free. It is an eyesore.

#21723 10 months ago

"How does Stern get away with this crap?!"

*Reads thread*

"Oh"

#21724 10 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

This is probably the highest selling Stern title of all time so of course the idiot pool is going to be slightly larger, keep that in mind.

I don't think people are "idiots" for buying this topper. I don't think that's fair.

Is it worth the money? No, but none of these are in 2023 and many people buy toppers for all their pins. Personally I don't mind it but I don't like it enough to buy it either.

#21725 10 months ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Mark me in the idiot column. I ordered one. Screw it. Pinball is fun and I can’t take my money with me to the grave!

Well, speaking MY truth certainly doesn't pay off on pinside these days, looking at the peeps that replied to me..and I'm replying to YOU because life IS short..I was just diagnosed with an inoperative brain tumor yesterday We'll see how that pans out..but I did buy the topper before the news, lol..(I knew I had the tumor, but didn't know it was inoperatable at that time). Game Changer... Live it up, Boyz and Girlz!

#21726 10 months ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Well, speaking MY truth certainly doesn't pay off on pinside these days, looking at the peeps that replied to me..and I'm replying to YOU because life IS short..I was just diagnosed with an inoperative brain tumor yesterday We'll see how that pans out..but I did buy the topper before the news, lol..(I knew I had the tumor, but didn't know it was inoperatable at that time). Game Changer... Live it up, Boyz and Girlz!

Hope you have a blast living it up enjoy yourself.

#21727 10 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

I don't think people are "idiots" for buying this topper. I don't think that's fair.

Dumbasses?

#21728 10 months ago

Licensed Stern product has you by the balls. Shit there is no hope left for our hobby. STOP enabling the bullshit in the industry. Stop please!

#21729 10 months ago

Consider me a dumb ass!

#21730 10 months ago
Quoted from freddy:

Consider me a dumb ass!

Will do!

#21731 10 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

I don't think people are "idiots" for buying this topper

Morons?

#21732 10 months ago

We are all morons for paying $10K for a pinball machine in the first place!

#21733 10 months ago

And so it begins!( not my add) lol

27C02B0A-84C4-4422-8737-0AAFD077304D (resized).png27C02B0A-84C4-4422-8737-0AAFD077304D (resized).png

#21734 10 months ago
Quoted from freddy:

And so it begins!( not my add) lol
[quoted image]

another profit whore . While you can still order these ,hahahaha!!!!!!luke said it best when seeing the Falcon , what a piece of junk!!!!!!

#21735 10 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

I usually feel this way. But when this stuff sells out before anyone actually sees the product at these prices. I question humanity.

Then folks get upset and wonder why we keep getting taken advantage of.... well.....

#21736 10 months ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Sure, burning buildings are cool. But are you spending a $1000 on a topper without already having Flaming Frames? Then it's kind of redundant, right?

#21737 10 months ago

Wonder if the shadow will be cast across the room, ceiling or just on the topper? Trying to find some savior in there

#21738 10 months ago

5 to 7 Toppers $10,000...1 Stern premium $10,000. Top that!
I would rather an extra Pin in my lineup than some toppers.
An extra Pin sure would put out more than a little light show and few extra modes.

#21739 10 months ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Agreed. I wouldn't put this on mine if I got it for free. It is an eyesore.

Who down voted must have bought these piece of garbage topper.

#21740 10 months ago

Its Done,Nothing more to see here.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#21741 10 months ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Sorry to hear that bud. It seems like you are in good spirits though. Try to stay positive. Always remember, nobody gets off this rock alive!

#21742 10 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Sure, burning buildings are cool. But are you spending a $1000 on a topper without already having Flaming Frames? Then it's kind of redundant, right?

Wrong!

#21743 10 months ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

You actually could If you ask for a pinball machine tombstone in your will!
post-2105-0-69318000-1394930854.jpgpost-2105-0-69318000-1394930854.jpg

#21744 10 months ago

I was reading about the Godzilla Topper and I did see that it unlocks a new feature of the game.

***The Godzilla Heat Ray Destruction Topper accessory will immerse players into a world of chaos, incorporating a custom molded Godzilla sculpture breathing a heat ray against a city landscape. With 3 fire panels, a custom sculpted heat ray plume implementing 21 RGB lights, and a special flash lamp projecting Godzilla’s shadow, this exclusive decorative topper integrates distinct light shows and includes an exclusive “Buyer's Remorse” mode elevating the entire gaming experience of Godzilla.

#21745 10 months ago

Does anyone ever really get meat sweats?

#21746 10 months ago
Quoted from Oneironaut:

5 to 7 Toppers $10,000...1 Stern premium $10,000. Top that!
I would rather an extra Pin in my lineup than some toppers.
An extra Pin sure would put out more than a little light show and few extra modes.

obviously. But most people do not have unlimited pinball capacity.

Pretty sure most people typically go "wide" (increase collection) before going "tall/deep" (toppers, expensive mods like glass, etc)

Once you reach capacity, you have money burning a hole in your pocket, Stern would rather sell you other pinball machines, but they'll take your money for overpriced accessories if they must.

#21747 10 months ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

You actually could If you ask for a pinball machine tombstone in your will!
[quoted image]

That guy is my new hero. Batman has nothing on Michael Luther. I don’t care how much crime he can fight. He will never be as cool as Mike.

#21748 10 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Wonder if the shadow will be cast across the room, ceiling or just on the topper? Trying to find some savior in there

The description says "flash lamp projecting Godzilla's shadow". My guess is that behind the blue fart cloud on the topper is a flasher pointed at the Godzilla sculpt so that when the flasher goes off the shadow from the sculpt shows on the wall.

This is only a complete guess based on looking at the picture and thinking about it for 10 seconds, but that's what I'm thinking they've probably done with it.

#21749 10 months ago

In other news. I see official art blades back in stock at a few places.

#21750 10 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

obviously. But most people do not have unlimited pinball capacity.
Pretty sure most people typically go "wide" (increase collection) before going "tall/deep" (toppers, expensive mods like glass, etc)
Once you reach capacity, you have money burning a hole in your pocket, Stern would rather sell you other pinball machines, but they'll take your money for overpriced accessories if they must.

Sure would be nice if some of that burning hole money found its way to a local animal shelter.

Out of sight, out of mind does not mean its not happening.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 210.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,319 posts in this topic. You are on page 435 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/435?hl=ripit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.