PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 432 of 548.
#21551 11 months ago

Topper seems fine to me. It's probably twice the price it should be but you can say that about most Stern accessories. They'll still sell and in five years they'll probably be worth more.

#21552 11 months ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Maybe that's the case!!!
You should call Zack and Kanda to confirm!!

Kaneda said the Stern Godzilla topper is indefinitely delayed! No word from Zack yet...

#21553 11 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Kaneda said the Stern Godzilla topper is indefinitely delayed! No word from Zack yet...

Praise the Lord if true !

#21554 11 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Hope stern saw the shit storm and is adjusting on the fly.

#21555 11 months ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Is Stern labeling the zip-tie as exclusive?

Yes, each zip-tie is individually numbered by Stern. Also, they are not called zip-ties but rather "Ultra action holding straps with exclusive "Stern Strength" technology".

#21556 11 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yes, each zip tied is individually numbered by Stern. Also, they are not called zip ties but rather "Ultra action holding strap with exclusive "Stern Strength" technology".

See, that's why they should have done a more elaborate reveal video. Had I known this I definitely would have pulled the trigger.

#21557 11 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yes, each zip-tie is individually numbered by Stern. Also, they are not called zip-ties but rather "Ultra action holding straps with exclusive "Stern Strength" technology".

Na. It's a Kaiju Confinement System.

#21558 11 months ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Hope stern saw the shit storm and is adjusting on the fly.

So they read the thread, but only respond to severe ridicule..

#21559 11 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

With everyone swapping out Godzilla on the PF, Stern should sell this topper at a discount so you can use the figure that you already removed from your game.

I wonder if Stern could institute a "figure buyback program"...

#21560 11 months ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Is Stern labeling the zip-tie as exclusive?

Lol you can have your zip tie in any color you want as long as it’s black.

#21561 11 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

HAHAHAHAAHHAH!!!

It never gets old

Leave the family VQ, come back to the house of horrors!!

Maybe this topper will herald in the pro/premium/LE topper scheme (it's coming). No one wants this barebones ""pro" topper.
$1000, $1700, $2000

#21562 11 months ago

I know not everyone is a fan of these, but I'd be hard pressed to pay nearly 4x what this hologram topper cost to replace it with the official one... The extra mode just won't cut it for me, but I could see how far better players than I could see the draw of unlocking a new mode at that price.

(To those of you who take the plunge, cheers to you, would love to hear your thoughts on the new mode when you've played it.)

#21563 11 months ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

Stern will sell plenty of these at 1k just with the extra mode added to the game. Seems like with every pinside hater there's 10x more people that don't post on here that are ready to buy.

If they send a follow up email this evening saying they've sold out then you'll be proven right.

Also curious, I have bought (and likely will again) Stern NIB pins...But for $1K this topper is a joke.

Does that make me a "hater"?

#21564 11 months ago

Stern sure screwed us all with that joke of a topper. Who ever said go on the concept definitely lacks any interest in pinball.

#21565 11 months ago

I don't normally care much about what happens in this industry. If a company wants to make a stupid decision, that's fine. But Jesus... this almost makes me mad. You have what many would argue is the best game ever made, and you decide to release this abomination of a topper and assumed people would be fine with it. Like Stern.... wtf.

#21566 11 months ago

I got to work today and checked my email... 6 new Godzilla Silhouette topper orders. Hmmm

Checked Pinside...Stern's topper was announced.

#21567 11 months ago

Pinside_forum_7602038_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7602038_0 (resized).jpg

The tanks are large enough that just one of them could take out Godzilla with a single round. All that would remain is the zip-tie.

#21568 11 months ago

I'm going to stick to my original plan and make something with these three pieces arranged in a Rock em Sock em Robot type arrangement.

Total cost less than $300.

And yes I realize it will say Godzilla right above where it says Godzilla LoL.

PXL_20230530_180327843 (resized).jpgPXL_20230530_180327843 (resized).jpg
#21569 11 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

I'm going to stick to my original plan and make something with these three pieces arranged in a Rock em Sock em Robot type arrangement.
[quoted image]

Hang the light up a bit so can see the whole thing and print a cool burning landscape background for behind the battle and will look badass my man

#21570 11 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

[quoted image]

Did you make the sign ?

#21571 11 months ago

Not crazy about any of these toppers.
Think the market is ripe for another different topper. Hopefully someone tries.

#21572 11 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Did you make the sign ?

No it's from Etsy.

I wasn't going to pay $1k for the Stern one so it wasn't really related to my decision, but I purchased one of these this morning. I just want something basic that lights up on top to match my JP that has a Tilt topper. And it was only $175 shipped.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1473755364/godzilla-pinball-led-lightbox-godzilla

Only 2 left. And the inventory is accurate as it showed 3 left before I purchased mine.

#21573 11 months ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Not crazy about any of these toppers.
Think the market is ripe for another different topper. Hopefully someone tries.

I like Tilt Toppers product in general. The price on the Godzilla topper could have been better for sure and more in line with their other products but its still nicer than the crap stern just announced.

#21574 11 months ago

Really, Stern is kicking so much ass with layouts and code lately, what the hell is up with this topper? How can there be such a disconnect in design quality?

#21575 11 months ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Yep - me too. SO GLAD I picked up one of these last year for my Godzilla rather than wait for Stern's absurd official offering.

I know a little history on these, but not much…. I’m assuming they’re no longer available?

#21576 11 months ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

I like Tilt Toppers product in general. The price on the Godzilla topper could have been better for sure and more in line with their other products but its still nicer than the crap stern just announced.

Yah I REALLY like my JP Tilt topper and had been bugging Tilt about their GZ topper since like December, and then they sent me a video a few days before they revealed it and I liked it. But then they told me the price point was between $900 - $1100 and I knew I wasn't getting one.

I paid $275 shipped for my JP one and was looking to spend around that for a GZ one, or maybe a bit more, but nowhere near close the $895 they are asking for theirs.

#21577 11 months ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Yep - me too. SO GLAD I picked up one of these last year for my Godzilla rather than wait for Stern's absurd official offering.

Yeah I was worried Sterns would be better, but boy was I wrong. Still in shock how bad it is. RUSH fans are even more happier today with the Topper they got.

#21578 11 months ago
Quoted from purbeast:

No it's from Etsy.
I wasn't going to pay $1k for the Stern one so it wasn't really related to my decision, but I purchased one of these this morning. I just want something basic that lights up on top to match my JP that has a Tilt topper. And it was only $175 shipped.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/1473755364/godzilla-pinball-led-lightbox-godzilla
Only 2 left. And the inventory is accurate as it showed 3 left before I purchased mine.

I mean if you guys like that then more power to you, but the art is literally lifted off the backglass art. I guess depending on your model, you're copying an image and pasting it 12 inches higher. I guess on the prem he's at least facing the other way? and then adding yet another "GODZILLA" for good measure.

Cool sign to hang on a wall though

#21579 11 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

I mean if you guys like that then more power to you, but the art is literally lifted off the backglass art. I guess depending on your model, you're copying an image and pasting it 12 inches higher. I guess on the prem he's at least facing the other way? and then adding yet another "GODZILLA" for good measure.
Cool sign to hang on a wall though

It's a different font than on the back glass so there is that.

My JP topper says "Jurassic Park" on it and it doesn't bother me either.

I really just wanted something that lights up though and looks decent, and the price point was perfect, so I went with it. I'm not saying it's the best topper ever or anything though.

#21580 11 months ago
Quoted from Renegade:

I know a little history on these, but not much…. I’m assuming they’re no longer available?

Sales were shut down pretty quickly on that topper, I'm guessing due to the artwork being copied. It's too bad because it's really nice, well constructed, integrates with the rest of the pin, and wasn't crazy expensive.

#21581 11 months ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

Yeah I agree and should have said that. It’s the price for these toppers that I don’t like and justify for buying. If tilt’s were less I would more than consider it.

#21582 11 months ago

Yep bought it on Etsy as purbeast mentioned.

The art stuff is subjective. I like the fact that it's lifted from the original art because many mods look so disconnected from the original art package..But I can also see why it might be seen as redundant

#21583 11 months ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Yah I REALLY like my JP Tilt topper and had been bugging Tilt about their GZ topper since like December, and then they sent me a video a few days before they revealed it and I liked it. But then they told me the price point was between $900 - $1100 and I knew I wasn't getting one.
I paid $275 shipped for my JP one and was looking to spend around that for a GZ one, or maybe a bit more, but nowhere near close the $895 they are asking for theirs.

To be fair prices for everything is way up and Stern has given everyone way more pricing room for toppers. For $900 the Tilt topper still looks way better. It's not cheap but I know it will be quality.

I'm sure they were expecting a Stern topper to be $1500-2000 though!

#21584 11 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

To be fair prices for everything is way up and Stern has given everyone way more pricing room for toppers. For $900 the Tilt topper still looks way better. It's not cheap but I know it will be quality.

Yeah when I saw the Tilt one I was thinking that I'd pay maybe up to $500 for it, but it's nearly double that so it was a pretty easy decision for me personally.

#21585 11 months ago

Thanks Stern, I love this topper! I love that now you've saved me $2700 so far this year on toppers. $1700 for the weak Rush topper, and no way am I paying $1000 for this "thing".

Did Stern really expect people to be happy with this at a $1000 price? Sheesh... Out of touch with reality over there.

#21586 11 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

I'm pretty sure Tilt is requiring a 50 percent restock fee if you cancel their topper - so basically pay the price that it should be to not get the topper at all lol

#21587 11 months ago

Hopefully electronic playground drop some of their original toppers

#21588 11 months ago

Let's be real here.. most of us were expecting this to be a phoned-in, joke of a topper for the price! Because that's Stern's way of doing business for the most part and we know it. Just stop and think about that and what it means to the hobby when that's the conclusion you can draw from the biggest producer of the hobby we love so much.

They know that they have a bunch of suckers (us) that will overpay for garbage if they just release it and create a artificial demand by putting them out in low numbers, hence the "it's already out of stock" to make people think that it indeed is rare and in demand.. making people think that since other people are buying it at that price (It's out of stock already!!) than it must be worth it!

The days of making money on brand new toppers is over IMO. Last week I could have bought a used Mando topper for $1500. That's a $500 loss ON A TOPPER for anyone taking inventory here.

On top of that, there's losses for anyone buying a Stern NIB pinball machine, with few exceptions IMO. Even the LE's with 1000 being made make it a difficult buy, if you can and want to step up to the $12K price tag in the first place. Most if not all Stern Premiums will no hit you for $1500 to $2,000 of a loss, if not more (Mando).

This is why I am mostly out of the hobby as far as new games after almost 2 decades. I used to buy every single stern release. the losses would usually be around $500 a game (variations in that number up/down of course), but I could justify the losses with what I would have paid on location to actually play the game somewhere else. Now I can't justify the losses on every release. I know this is a luxury item.. but it always has been, the greed is what has made it what it is now.

I know, I know, no one wants to hear it, they are rich and 'it is what it is". . I'll move along now and mind my own business.

#21589 11 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Kman.. making up horse shit. He is consistently parting fools from their money. At least with Stern you have something to show for it!

#21590 11 months ago
Quoted from Renegade:

Correct. They were TEP's first Godzilla topper offering and limited in number.

#21591 11 months ago

Just popping in here after just seeing the topper video.

Of course this is underwhelming and over-priced, we had no reason to think it was going to be anything else coming from Stern. And I agree, it's laughable what Stern is putting out for stupid prices. But again, we know this. I don't know any other hobby where a manufacturer of something is still getting away with this lol.

Of course it's out of stock already, that was part of the plan... stimulate the buyers that fear missing out. Get them to make the jump on that $1K topper that they initially balked at.

I've never been a topper guy, and I'm glad I'm not.

#21592 11 months ago

Ok. This is gonna be my topper. $100

IMG_1467 (resized).pngIMG_1467 (resized).png
#21593 11 months ago

Looking at legit Godzilla large figures in sideshow and they are $1000 alone and sold out. Could have been better but still better than the Elvira topper at $1000.

#21594 11 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

Looking at legit Godzilla large figures in sideshow and they are $1000 alone and sold out. Could have been better but still better than the Elvira topper at $1000.

Yeah there are a few of those. Good luck

#21595 11 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

Could have been better but still better than the Elvira topper at $1000.

This is what we've come to - one Stern garbage, overpriced offering is better than another Stern Garbage, overpriced offering!!

#21596 11 months ago

I showed this to one of my non-pinball buddies that I work with, and his statement was-

"I want a job at Stern! Apparently nothing is too underwhelming or ridiculous when they pay their talent to make things for games, even one of the best game titles in that hobby". (I told him that GZ is one of the highest ranked games of all time). And they have ZERO shame or pride".

Nailed it.

#21597 11 months ago

So aside from the hate bandwagon and conspiracy, the thing I find really odd about the reveal is how little footage there is of the topper in action. The JP one (which I actually really enjoy on my machine) has footage of the entire light show, the letters lighting, etc.

The Zilla one is weird it just shows it mostly static. Price and shitty zilla aside, it's just a strange reveal for the topper for arguably the hottest pinball machine in years. Really odd.

#21598 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

I showed this to one of my non-pinball buddies that I work with, and his statement was-
"I want a job at Stern! Apparently nothing is too underwhelming or ridiculous when they pay their talent to make things for games, even one of the best game titles in that hobby". (I told him that GZ is one of the highest ranked games of all time). And they have ZERO shame or pride".
Nailed it.

I'd be embarrassed to even tell non pinball friends if I bought something like this (or any topper in general). These are the same people that think the PS5 is expensive at $500. You could get a PS5, an extra controller and a bunch of games or you can get some flat plastics and a Godzilla figure that looks like the dinosaurs my 4 year old plays with. Ooh but it lights up and kind of works like a Skylander that costs $8 because it interacts with the game. Wowee!

#21599 11 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

still better than the Elvira topper at $1000.

No way.... the EHOH topper is SWEET. Easily one of the best Stern has ever made (IMO).
Nails the theme, extends the art without rehashing, isn't a billboard, and does something (screams/moves).
Absolutely a classic.

#21600 11 months ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

No way.... the EHOH topper is SWEET. Easily one of the best Stern has ever made (IMO).
Nails the theme, extends the art without rehashing, isn't a billboard, and does something (screams/moves).
Absolutely a classic.

I had it and you are totally correct. It was and is a great topper.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

9,000 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 432 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/432 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.