Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,320 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 547.
#2101 2 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Interesting. You have the numbers, but anecdotally the worst flipper fade I've seen on any of the modern machines was Stranger Things, and by a good distance. That left ramp is damn hard to make after just 20 minutes of play. Well, early Houdinis are the worst, but that was a known power supply issue.

Stranger Things, and AIQ. AIQ was also terrible, all of the ramps became next to impossible to hit from trap players before I added PinMonk fans. I don't think it's coincidence that AIQ's lower flippers are set to max, or almost max, power by default.

The little I've been able to see Godzilla settings, the flipper power setting defaults are much lower, so that might explain why there isn't as bad of an issue outside of the magnet heat and code adjustments from Stern.

#2102 2 years ago
Quoted from gamera9:

Ouch! I understand your pain.
[quoted image]

Sad, clearly lazy, poorly trained fork drivers. As long as its not your property why should they care. Sad that a shipping company tolerates that on any item of value.

#2103 2 years ago

FedEx just called and my LE should be here in about 2 hours. I have significant reading gaps in this thread and would appreciate any helpful tips on bulletproofing or things I should look out for. Thanks

#2104 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

FedEx just called and my LE should be here in about 2 hours. I have significant reading gaps in this thread and would appreciate any helpful tips on bulletproofing or things I should look out for. Thanks

Go ahead and call in your OSHA violation before you are blinded by the laser and can't find the phone.

Outside of that I encountered nothing to report in setting this one up - don't even have anything to take the glass off to remove any packing on the playfield. The few things reported have been remote and nothing you wouldn't notice.

#2105 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Put perfect play or titans on the flips and slings and you're good to go!

#2106 2 years ago

So excited. We got our game today!

7DEFE4F3-B810-4043-B427-669608B1D3CF (resized).jpeg7DEFE4F3-B810-4043-B427-669608B1D3CF (resized).jpeg9EB752CD-D396-4716-A59D-1148168E95E1 (resized).jpeg9EB752CD-D396-4716-A59D-1148168E95E1 (resized).jpeg
#2107 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

There’s a mini ramp on the loop - so something is happening with the ball coming off this ramp at high speeds and ricocheting instead of hugging the rail. Not sure what can be tweaked to get a smoother high speed loop…hopefully someone can figure it out.
(EDITED after playing and observing more)
I think this will need to be adjusted: The end of the back ball guide that sends the ball to the guide that goes to the flipper. I think this needs to be tweaked so it curves a little smoother at the end…so a fast ball curves into the next guide ether then slamming it.
[quoted image]

Same issue as you I think the loop metal needs to be bend towards the flippers to give it a smoother transition

30B62C64-AC68-4212-9585-9F3B975C0638 (resized).jpeg30B62C64-AC68-4212-9585-9F3B975C0638 (resized).jpeg
#2108 2 years ago

Got shipping notification for my LE! Godzilla makes land fall in San Diego Monday!

#2109 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Same issue as you I think the loop metal needs to be bend towards the flippers to give it a smoother transition [quoted image]

I had some succcess by knocking down the upper flipper power 5 steps. In our case it looks like the ball is just going head onto the wall and bouncing back instead of riding the rail.

Our premium has much snappier flippers than our pro... but the ball drop from the building is a straight train SDTM and the loop feed was not consistent.

#2110 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I had some succcess by knocking down the upper flipper power 5 steps. In our case it looks like the ball is just going head onto the wall and bouncing back instead of riding the rail.
Our premium has much snappier flippers than our pro... but the ball drop from the building is a straight train SDTM and the loop feed was not consistent.

I’ll try that…if you hit the spinner to the right off the building it can also hit the wall by the train tracks and get a little violent… that’s what had me believ it might be the guide.

#2111 2 years ago

Well my excitement was short lived. Game worked fine, then about 2 minutes into game play the playfield shuts off, then loose power to the flippers followed by the LCD freezing.

Try to power cycle and nothing. If I leave it unplugged for 10-15mins I can get the game to power back up but then the same thing happens again.

This is my first Stern pin I've ever had issues with.

Grrrr....

#2112 2 years ago

Nice seeing a lot of LE getting into homes.
1000 seems like a good number

#2113 2 years ago
Quoted from DoCPooF:

Well my excitement was short lived. Game worked fine, then about 2 minutes into game play the playfield shuts off, then loose power to the flippers followed by the LCD freezing.
Try to power cycle and nothing. If I leave it unplugged for 10-15mins I can get the game to power back up but then the same thing happens again.
This is my first Stern pin I've ever had issues with.
Grrrr....

Try re-flashing the code onto the machine.

If that has the same result, then try imaging a new SD card with 0.80. Sounds like maybe a bad SD.

Instructions are here:
https://sternpinball.com/support/sd-cards/

#2114 2 years ago

Anyone know of any retailers that can get a premium?

#2115 2 years ago

Editing this one. Thought my zilla was coming tomorrow but it’s a wonka. Distributor telling me the premiums haven’t shipped yet so I’m guessing next week.

#2116 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I’ll try that…if you hit the spinner to the right off the building it can also hit the wall by the train tracks and get a little violent… that’s what had me believ it might be the guide.

Exactly. I thought it could have been the mini ramp or the ball guide transition from that jump, but the spinner shot made me realize those parts had nothing to do with it.

#2117 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Try re-flashing the code onto the machine.
If that has the same result, then try imaging a new SD card with 0.80. Sounds like maybe a bad SD.
Instructions are here:
https://sternpinball.com/support/sd-cards/

Thanks PinMonk. I will give that a try!

Edit:
No dice. Flashed a new card, same issue. Freezes after about 2 minutes. I'm wondering if its a cpu or powersupply issue. Fan doesn't kick on. This last time the screen was pixelated when it froze.

#2118 2 years ago

When do you think Stern will show us accessories. I’ve seen the picture of Mothra’s egg shooter rod. It’s interesting the premium doesn’t have flipper button protection side armor?
Magicchiz

#2119 2 years ago
Quoted from nighttaco:

That's the million dollar question right here, I think dealers are already booked on their second and third runs now so it might be near impossible to find one that has a 2021 run Zilla game to spare.

#2120 2 years ago
Quoted from gamera9:

[quoted image]

That sucks ass, sorry yours came in damaged. I was hoping to invite myself and play, I'm kidding and hope that gets resolved. I was lucky both my machines didn't get forked When Siaa and R&L delivered.

#2121 2 years ago

Yeah that's a bummer about the availability, oh well

#2122 2 years ago
Quoted from nighttaco:

Yeah that's a bummer about the availability, oh well

Call around, you never know when someone backs out for any numerous real life reasons.

#2123 2 years ago
Quoted from DoCPooF:

Thanks PinMonk. I will give that a try!
Edit:
No dice. Flashed a new card, same issue. Freezes after about 2 minutes. I'm wondering if its a cpu or powersupply issue. Fan doesn't kick on. This last time the screen was pixelated when it froze.

Do you have a multimeter? You can check the output of the power supply to make sure you are getting 48v.

Also, the Prem/LE power supplies are interchangeable for the most part. You could just swap one out of your other machines. Just two connectors and a few nuts to do the swap.

#2124 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Do you have a multimeter? You can check the output of the power supply to make sure you are getting 48v.
Also, the Prem/LE power supplies are interchangeable for the most part. You could just swap one out of your other machines. Just two connectors and a few nuts to do the swap.

Thanks Brother. Yes I do, I will check that tomorrow. I also have several Sterns, I will try changing out the PS and see if that works.

Thanks again for the help!

#2125 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Worth considering as well... I know a good bit about computers, and based on things working for about 2 minutes and then lock/freezing, it sure sounds like a possible heat issue. You've got heatsinks still attached properly to CPU/GPU etc. on the motherboard?

#2126 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

When do you think Stern will show us accessories. I’ve seen the picture of Mothra’s egg shooter rod. It’s interesting the premium doesn’t have flipper button protection side armor?
Magicchiz

Same here, gotta get that Mothra shooter rod! Can't wait to get one.

Any other accessories that might be recommended? I've got the Criterion film boxset. Maybe the Modfather pincup? There are some other playfield toys on their website.

https://modfatherpinball.com/collections/godzilla

Screenshot_20211109-204721 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211109-204721 (resized).jpg
#2127 2 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Will try that now.
To add some more info ... it will NOT do it if I flip almost any split second apart. In other words, flip left or right, then instantly flip opposite = no problem
And I can hold both flippers up without them going limp or dropping GI in the lower part of the game
The ONLY time it happens if both are flipped simultaneously. Almost as if the power demand (spike in voltage) in that split second is exceeding supply and causing the node board to temp shut down to protect itself

I can manually raise both flippers at same time (glass off, not using flipper buttons) causes no issues
Opened a ticket with Stern too

Quoted from MT45:

#32 LE in the house.
Any ideas on this issue?
Game plays perfect until/when I chimp flip say in multi-ball ... then flippers go limp (dead) and lower lights in playfield go dark for about 1 full second
Game will continue to play normal after that
Single flips - left or right flipper will not reproduce the effect, to reproduce it (100% of time) requires me to activate both flippers simultaneously
Thoughts?
[quoted image]
Adding a video of the issue

Update ... heard back from Stern, suggested that I pull C15 from the node board (node #8) to see if problem persisted
It did
But ... that gave me idea to swap same node board from my AIQ and try it in Godzilla
Fixed it

Requested a new node board #8 from Stern

Blissfully playing my Godzilla now!

#2128 2 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

I can manually raise both flippers at same time (glass off, not using flipper buttons) causes no issues
Opened a ticket with Stern too

Update ... heard back from Stern, suggested that I pull C15 from the node board (node #8) to see if problem persisted
It did
But ... that gave me idea to swap same node board from my AIQ and try it in Godzilla
Fixed it
Requested a new node board #8 from Stern
Blissfully playing my Godzilla now!

I was just going to recommend swapping node 8 and 9, but you did me one better and just did 8 to 8 from another machine. Glad it fixed it for you!

#2129 2 years ago
Quoted from gamera9:

[quoted image]

I had the same thing with Mando le. Took Stern 3 months to replace. Have your distributor file claim with mover to get monies to have it installed professionally. The movers are terrible now a days.

#2130 2 years ago

I got the building loaded on my first game and all three balls launched SDTM. Please tell me this was a fluke.

#2131 2 years ago

I got my LE today (#731 checking in). I do have a couple of immediate questions. First, does anyone find it odd that my box was wrapped in a GnR box? Second, what the hell is “magnalube”?

B98F4470-00B1-4692-9B69-23B29403507D (resized).jpegB98F4470-00B1-4692-9B69-23B29403507D (resized).jpegD6F8DB8B-7A84-4900-B997-22C3B637ECE6 (resized).jpegD6F8DB8B-7A84-4900-B997-22C3B637ECE6 (resized).jpeg
#2132 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I got the building loaded on my first game and all three balls launched SDTM. Please tell me this was a fluke.

Pretty much what happens on mine - maybe they graze the left tip enough to hit. Some people say they’re falling cleanly to the left, which I don’t get based on the angle of the building & the flatness of the plastic they fall on.

Someone said they added washers under the right side of the plastic, which causes the balls to roll to the left. I’m worried that might mess with the wireform position…but maybe doing washers under the left of the plastic could work to send the balls more to the right.

Anyway, at least the ball save sends em right back in. Similar to Dr. Who.

#2133 2 years ago

Is it just me and Rarehero with the upper flipper loop issue on LEs? Can anyone get a bunch of continuous loops or does the ball leave the path?

#2134 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Mine are consistently SDTM.

#2135 2 years ago
Quoted from nighttaco:

Yeah probably a long shot. I placed a deposit the day after reveal and am likely in the 2nd run. Just to give a little info.

#2136 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Is it just me and Rarehero with the upper flipper loop issue on LEs? Can anyone get a bunch of continuous loops or does the ball leave the path?

Depends on how the ball is hit on mine. Initially, my loops record was 3. Then my buddy was over and got 5. Couldn't understand why I couldn't top 3, then had a game where I made 10 in a row. Since then, pretty much back in the 3 range.
I had noticed that if the ball is really ripping around the loop at top speed, it's more likely to come away from the flipper. When I hit the 10, the ball was just making its way around at a decent pace, certainly not top speed.
So not sure if tweaking the loop/ball guide would improve this, or if it's just by design.

#2137 2 years ago

Are pros due to ship soon? I am down for the next run.

#2138 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

mine’s horrible too!

#2139 2 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Mine are consistently SDTM.

Mine also but I have an idea I'm gonna try.

#2140 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Most loops I've done so far is three.

Quoted from Mr68:

Same here, but they auto launch again so I'm leaving it be.

#2141 2 years ago

I put a slider dot on the plastic to deflect the ball lock drop but its only about 3/4 effective so far.

The balls actually bounce off the plastic… maybe my down position isnt far enough? Regardless, the first ball tends to bounce and roll over my flat top dot but delays ball 2 and 3 enough most of the time. Round top dot maybe necessary… anout 1/8” thick at least.

Games at expo didn’t do this nearly as much. Probably some setup issue but not sure which way to go yet. Mine is setup at 6.7 deg

#2142 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I just hit 11 consecutive in a game. With the entrance to the loop being so wide I think shots are going to enter the loop with a variety of speeds and trajectories, so some will hug the rail, some will come away from it a little, and a few may come away from it a lot. It just depends on the speed and trajectory of each shot.

So to me it doesn’t seem like repeating the loop is a “gimme” in the design. Seems like if you’re sometimes able to get it to hug the rail and sometimes not then it’s probably playing as designed. If it’s just never hugging the rail then there could be an alignment issue somewhere.

On mine I can often get 2 or 3 loops in a row. For me hitting more than three is difficult. I’ll occasionally get 4 and rarely 5. For me it takes a pretty clean 1st shot and then really consistent following shots to do more than three either because I eventually miss the loop or I hit one in a way that enters the loop differently and throws off the rhythm, timing, and trajectory.

On the one just now when I hit 11 consecutive I hit a good clean 1st shot that hugged the rail and I hit every shot following it on the exact same spot on the flipper at the exact same time so the ball kept a constant velocity and stayed on the rail for each shot. And I probably won’t be able to do it again like that for another three years, if ever.

037D90E8-0E9B-43DF-B244-5F4825509878 (resized).jpeg037D90E8-0E9B-43DF-B244-5F4825509878 (resized).jpeg
#2143 2 years ago

I set my game up a 6.7 and the balls all drop off the building and into the left flipper. My game was made 10/25 if that helps.

#2144 2 years ago

The 1956 Neca Poster Version Godzilla fits and looks great in the Pro. Now just have to find a suitable Mechagodzilla. I have one that is perfect but is too big. Currently looking for someone to 3D scan it so it can be 3D printed smaller and then painted.

IMG_2183 (resized).jpgIMG_2183 (resized).jpgIMG_2185 (resized).jpgIMG_2185 (resized).jpg

IMG_2186 (resized).jpgIMG_2186 (resized).jpg
#2145 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I just hit 11 consecutive in a game. With the entrance to the loop being so wide I think shots are going to enter the loop with a variety of speeds and trajectories, so some will hug the rail, some will come away from it a little, and a few may come away from it a lot. It just depends on the speed and trajectory of each shot.
So to me it doesn’t seem like repeating the loop is a “gimme” in the design. Seems like if you’re sometimes able to get it to hug the rail and sometimes not then it’s probably playing as designed. If it’s just never hugging the rail then there could be an alignment issue somewhere.
On mine I can often get 2 or 3 loops in a row. For me hitting more than three is difficult. I’ll occasionally get 4 and rarely 5. For me it takes a pretty clean 1st shot and then really consistent following shots to do more than three either because I eventually miss the loop or I hit one in a way that enters the loop differently and throws off the rhythm, timing, and trajectory.
On the one just now when I hit 11 consecutive I hit a good clean 1st shot that hugged the rail and I hit every shot following it on the exact same spot on the flipper at the exact same time so the ball kept a constant velocity and stayed on the rail for each shot. And I probably won’t be able to do it again like that for another three years, if ever.[quoted image]

… but for some reason Insider Connected doesn’t seem to have a record of the game where I just hit 11 consecutive even though I was logged in.

A3D182EA-2B94-4A66-9A97-4E45284A057B (resized).pngA3D182EA-2B94-4A66-9A97-4E45284A057B (resized).png
#2146 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

On the one just now when I hit 11 consecutive I hit a good clean 1st shot that hugged the rail and I hit every shot following it on the exact same spot on the flipper at the exact same time so the ball kept a constant velocity and stayed on the rail for each shot. And I probably won’t be able to do it again like that for another three years, if ever.[quoted image]

What’s strange to me is I played the pro and prem at expo. I feel this particular machine here is a lot more difficult to hit the loop than any other game I’ve played. Will spend some more time with tomorrow if I can get someone to help me I’ll take a slow mo video.

#2147 2 years ago
Quoted from Apex:

Yeah probably a long shot. I placed a deposit the day after reveal and am likely in the 2nd run. Just to give a little info.

Probably best to get a second run premium. Most of the kinks should be worked out then on the line.
I’m going to pick up a premium next year for that reason. My 2nd run TWD premium had none of the issues the LE’s had, and there were a lot of them. Plus you’ll get more polished code.

#2148 2 years ago

Here's my solution to the balls going SDTM off the building.

First picture shows normal set up with the plastic guide rails.

Second picture shows I have removed those guide rails completely. The balls when loaded, line up straight across rather than in a line. See picture #4. However, in test the ball furthest to the left was blocked in by the bridge tower and didn't exit. The gate then lowered, trapping the stuck ball and stayed there as the building rose up.

Third picture shows where I placed a black rubber dot on the left side of the cage to nudge all three balls slightly over to the right.

Fourth and final picture shows the line up before the building lowering and launching the balls into play.

I'm gonna continue to test it but so far it works perfectly and with balls going three different directions, it makes for a crazy, random multiball right from the launch. It kinda caught me off guard it was so much fun but then again, I was use to the balls just going SDTM.

I'm still testing so proceed at your own risk. But so far I'm really excited and very, very optimistic.

120211109_215347 (resized).jpg120211109_215347 (resized).jpg220211109_215453 (resized).jpg220211109_215453 (resized).jpg320211109_220355 (resized).jpg320211109_220355 (resized).jpg420211109_220821 (resized).jpg420211109_220821 (resized).jpg

#2149 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Pretty much what happens on mine - maybe they graze the left tip enough to hit. Some people say they’re falling cleanly to the left, which I don’t get based on the angle of the building & the flatness of the plastic they fall on.
Someone said they added washers under the right side of the plastic, which causes the balls to roll to the left. I’m worried that might mess with the wireform position…but maybe doing washers under the left of the plastic could work to send the balls more to the right.
Anyway, at least the ball save sends em right back in. Similar to Dr. Who.

I put a little triangle on plastic. There's a vid on post#1988, it scatters the ball great. A piece of plastic will do the same

Screenshot_20211109-220831_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211109-220831_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg

#2150 2 years ago

FYI. I'm thinking about replacing only the left plastic guide piece and trying it that way. The balls might stack up in a triangle on the empty right side and that could be cool too. Especially if you don't have a black rubber dot.

Bed time for me and I'll test/experiment tomorrow.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 210.00
10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

There are 27,320 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/43 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.