PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 425 of 548.
#21201 11 months ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Probably because it's hilarious! If they're starting with a full figure anyway, may as well include the other half.

I've seen a lot of mods this one wins most ridiculous

#21202 11 months ago
Quoted from acedanger:

I love it! It just makes you cuss and then laugh. Quite shocking. I put Barbie legs under mine

#21203 11 months ago

Got my pinball-mods.com clear bumper
70655944955__41BBFB0E-C5CF-49B0-A55D-1C6780F328F0 (resized).jpeg70655944955__41BBFB0E-C5CF-49B0-A55D-1C6780F328F0 (resized).jpeg

#21204 11 months ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Cut it in half then 3m sorry but that's just kinda stupid.

It's pinball baby

#21205 11 months ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Got my pinball-mods.com clear bumper
[quoted image]

Now get rid of all that black rubber and put clear or translucent in it, you'll thank yourself. The black puts a lot of extra black residue into game.

EDIT - by bad, I see the green in the slings

#21206 11 months ago
Quoted from Cheeks:WHY AM I SO BAD AT THIS GAME?
I want to like Godzilla SO bad, but I suck at it. I have everything needed to pimp this game out, but I'm hesitant to put anything into it until I can play at a minimally competent level.
I hear all this talk about long ball times, and it makes no sense to me. I have all of KE's cornerstone games, and I'm way better at all of the other ones. What am I doing wrong? My game seems to be a drain monster, but it doesn't seem like anyone else has this experience. Are there very specific settings needed for this game? I typically run my games a bit steep (6.8+), but I do this across the board.
Separate issue, my magna grab has started dropping the ball too far away from the upper flipper to EVER make the loop shot. Is this a setting or a leveling thing?
For clarity, I sucked at GZ even before my magna grab stopped dropping the ball correctly, so that's not why I'm so bad.
Advice appreciated.

I’m with you Cheeks. Not having long ball times at all. Guess I have to make more adjustments.
To those saying you are at 6.8, where do you have 6.8, between the flippers or at the top of the playfield?
And yes I agree, the deeper you get in the game you do get extra balls, but still for me they don’t last long.

#21207 11 months ago

I got hammered on this game about 300 rounds before i really started getting anywhere.

#21208 11 months ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Does it?

#21209 11 months ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Does it?
[quoted image]

ya that's disturbing but def a decent competitor... WTF

#21210 11 months ago
Quoted from acedanger:

ya that's disturbing but def a decent competitor... WTF

Excellent, WTF is exactly what I was going for. The hot tub roof top is held in place with magnets and can be easily swapped with a more conservative one, complete with goat, intended as a nod to diddy's original design. I like to start with the goat rooftop and then swap it out after an hour gameplay when a newbie goes to the bathroom just to goof on them.
I was snowed in for 3 days straight over the winter.

IMG_20230415_014709255 (resized).jpgIMG_20230415_014709255 (resized).jpg
#21211 11 months ago
Quoted from Caponicus:

I want to do this to mine also, inherited a playfield protector. Was there any sticking or paint coming up, or any other issue with removal? Mine isn't that old, I just haven't gotten around to cutting it out. I don't like the hazy look.

No, no problems like that at all. Just be careful with the scissors that you don't damage the machine.

#21212 11 months ago

A lot of talk about playfield protectors.

I've never played one, so can't comment on it, but I think the idea of it is cool to protect the playfield.

It'd be nice if there were a way to also stop the dust from getting down underneath them. Maybe a small silicone seal around all the holes in the protector and it's edges? Then when it's installed, dust can't permeate through.

Also, all playfields are shot with a coat of clear coat to protect them. Anyone ever take a protector and shoot a coat of clear over it before installing it? I think if you cleared it, it would then have the same playing feel, ball movement and friction properties as the playfield would.

I wish I still worked at my old automotive paint place and could do this. Shooting a coat of clear would literally take only 2 minutes.

Thoughts?

#21213 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

A lot of talk about playfield protectors.
I've never played one, so can't comment on it, but I think the idea of it is cool to protect the playfield.
It'd be nice if there were a way to also stop the dust from getting down underneath them. Maybe a small silicone seal around all the holes in the protector and it's edges? Then when it's installed, dust can't permeate through.
Also, all playfields are shot with a coat of clear coat to protect them. Anyone ever take a protector and shoot a coat of clear over it before installing it? I think if you cleared it, it would then have the same playing feel, ball movement and friction properties as the playfield would.
I wish I still worked at my old automotive paint place and could do this. Shooting a coat of clear would literally take only 2 minutes.
Thoughts?

Never. Cannot seal it in. Cant do any of those things. Put in on and play it, or don't are the only options.

Clean you playfield with some consistency, never introduce a silicone based product to it. I like carnuba wax from mothers. Light coat after every couple cleanings or wipe downs

#21214 11 months ago

I don't like how the playfield protectors play, they look good, but the play is all wrong.

#21215 11 months ago

Afternoon everyone, came across a potential issue that I’ve never seen before….

My Pro’s shooter doesn’t seem to hardly hit the ball and only on a full plunge. If it’s anything less, the ball doesn’t get hit and sometimes the shooter makes the auto plunge mechanism hit the ball. The ball rests on the auto plunge mech, see pic, which I didn’t ever notice before on the Premium I had.

Thanks for any and all help.

IMG_1847 (resized).jpegIMG_1847 (resized).jpeg
#21216 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

My Pro’s shooter doesn’t seem to hardly hit the ball and only on a full plunge. If it’s anything less, the ball doesn’t get hit and sometimes the shooter makes the auto plunge mechanism hit the ball. The ball rests on the auto plunge mech, see pic, which I didn’t ever notice before on the Premium I had.
[quoted image]

It’s normal to rest on the forks like that but it looks like your shooter rod isn’t centered on the ball. I’d start there and see if you can get that centered up. Your playfield might have some side to side play that you can move to center it. Other than that, there’s a few adjustments you can make to the rod to bring the rubber tip closer to the ball as well (playing with removing washers, different spring tensions, adding some spacers inside the rubber tip, etc).

#21217 11 months ago

[quoted image]

info, tech, and all that jazz in the "Key Posts" on top, expand them

#21218 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

Also, all playfields are shot with a coat of clear coat to protect them

No disrespect but really? a protector for the protector? As I believe others have said, in an HUO environment with proper care (waxing at prescribed intervals, changing out balls at prescribed intervals) there will be minimal wear to the playfield clearcoat hence no need for the time and expense of a protector that ends up looking like crap (i.e., hazy) after 100s of plays.

#21219 11 months ago
Quoted from tgarrett09:

It’s normal to rest on the forks like that but it looks like your shooter rod isn’t centered on the ball. I’d start there and see if you can get that centered up. Your playfield might have some side to side play that you can move to center it. Other than that, there’s a few adjustments you can make to the rod to bring the rubber tip closer to the ball as well (playing with removing washers, different spring tensions, adding some spacers inside the rubber tip, etc).

Thanks for the help, will see if anything looks out of the ordinary and will play with the springs and washers.

Quoted from northerndude:

info, tech, and all that jazz in the "Key Posts" on top, expand them

Thanks and will do. Usually I check first but was in a rush to make dinner and figured I’d do a quick post.

#21220 11 months ago

[quoted image]

If there’s a washer outside the cabinet on the shooter rod remove it and that will help slightly move it forward.

Using a stronger spring inside the cabinet can help make up for it a bit also.

Main issue with yours could be the length of the spring outside the cabinet. Seems like some of those can be a bit too long lately. I just got 2 of these from PinballLife to correct for the same issue you’re having.

https://www.pinballlife.com/ball-shooter-plunger-barrel-spring-075-long.html

#21221 11 months ago
Quoted from acedanger:

That has to be one of the silliest mods half of it is installed on the bottom of the PF Why did they do that??[quoted image]

I got one of those for Xmas. I love it, so does the wife. Yeah, kind of unnecessary for the bottom half, but hey, like people are saying, gotta put the other half somewhere. I show people when they come over to play and they get a kick out of it. Always say poor Mechagodzilla.....

#21222 11 months ago

I get what you guys are saying with cleaning and waxing your playfields. That's a given and not my point. I just had the idea hit me of what if you sprayed a coat of clear on it. I wondered how it would play. Not to protect the protector. Lol

As for the Silicone, I was thinking of a small silicone ring that would stick onto the protector at every hole and edge. Then when it's placed on the playfield, it would create a dust free barrier between the protector and the pf. It doesn't stick to the ppayfield, just rests on top of it and creates a seal.

Again, these were just thoughts, ideas and what ifs.

#21223 11 months ago
Quoted from prentice:

Try opening up the left ramp opening just a touch, there’s post in here describing how. It makes the left ramp more doable and somehow that has made me better at shooting it on the public league machine as well.

Just did this and it really made a difference. Much more smooth with less rattle which allows the ball to make up the ramp completely.

I have a question on a tweak. My saucer seems slightly out of line. The base looks like its right however, middle skirt seems to stick out towards the middle of the playfield. I can't see how I can realign this. I tried shifting the bracket under the playfield, but this really doesn't move much.

The problem here is the scoop shot. a forehand from the left flipper just hits this skirt and deflects. The margin of making the scoop is just so tight. Maybe that's the way it is supposed to be, but from my pic, you can see that everything does not stack up nicely.

Godzilla Saucer alighnemt (resized).jpgGodzilla Saucer alighnemt (resized).jpg
#21224 11 months ago

Thanks for the help, will see if anything looks out of the ordinary and will play with the springs and washers.

Thanks and will do. Usually I check first but was in a rush to make dinner and figured I’d do a quick post.

Hey again, Eddie!
I ran into this exact same problem when I was trying to fix the rattle-y shooter. I did a comparison across the 3 Sterns I had in my garage, you can see the pic here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/284#post-7095107

The solution was as mentioned above: getting a shorter exterior barrel spring. Stern sent me a proper one, if I recall correctly.
You can see my measurement of that spring a few posts after the above link. It was the only meaningful physical difference between the 3 Sterns I had.

Good luck!

#21225 11 months ago
Quoted from Gnassel:

Quick fix: Skillshot Gate Externder
A spring from a ballpoint pen was used to extend the gate. Works perfect.[quoted image]

Its not a fix, the gate isn't broken. Game was designed this way, play it as it lies or play better.

#21226 11 months ago
Quoted from John1210:

Its not a fix, the gate isn't broken. Game was designed this way, play it as it lies or play better.

Incorrect. Mine could hit the gate and it stilll wouldn’t trigger it from time to time, they are toys, do what you want with them. Who cares?

#21227 11 months ago

Incorrect. Mine could hit the gate and it stilll wouldn’t trigger it from time to time, they are toys, do what you want with them. Who cares?

IMG_7863.gifIMG_7863.gif
#21228 11 months ago

Exactly what my play it as it lies statement meant... you play it as it is and not worry about it. You seem to care more if something doesn't work as you think it should. So going back to your question... who cares? You do.

#21229 11 months ago

What are your settings for free game (extra ball)? automatic? Fixed? And how many per game?
My settings:
Only 1 free game at 500

#21230 11 months ago

I once bought a game with a PF protector already installed. The sound and gameplay was noticeably different. The ball always seemed to be skidding a bit. There was also a ton of static electricity. I’d get dust or little debris under the protector and you obviously can’t clean it. I was nervous how the static electricity could affect the node boards.

Once I removed the protector I found that there were a couple of sunken inserts. The guy put the protector on to smooth out the playfield. That being said I will never buy a game that has a PF protector installed.

#21231 11 months ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

That being said I will never buy a game that has a PF protector installed.

I wouldn't say it's a disqualifier for me, but i don't like them and would remove it.

#21232 11 months ago

What's interesting is there's a pinside poll in another thread on pf protectors and it was about 50/50. Regardless, they absolutely alter the dynamics of ball friction, that's just a fact, like science. But whether you mind (or notice) the difference is obviously a matter of personal opinion.

#21233 11 months ago

I have to say that the pen-spring idea is good, though I'm too lazy to do it. I don't know if it works, but when I miss the imposter battle because of the prostitute-sized gap, I frown but move on. NBD.

The two things that actually annoy me about this game are:

1- That damn flat spot at the top. Have to tilt to get it back and lose everything. DAMN YOU!!

2- The impotent plunger. No fix has worked for me. I have just been playing knowing I rarely can get a good skill shot.

Both of these problems suck.

But this game is fun as hell and I love it. I deal with the problems just like I eat my wife asparagus.

#21234 11 months ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

2- The impotent plunger. No fix has worked for me. I have just been playing knowing I rarely can get a good skill shot.
Both of these problems suck.
But this game is fun as hell and I love it. I deal with the problems just like I eat my wife asparagus.

I would really love for someone to come up with a plunger shooter rod that is FAR more adjustable, like by 1 or 2 inches at least so it can be really dialed in, combo of barrel spring lengths and washers, etc.

What would be better is a longer rod that you can make shorter with longer barrel springs and washers.

RM

#21235 11 months ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

I have to say that the pen-spring idea is good, though I'm too lazy to do it. I don't know if it works, but when I miss the imposter battle because of the prostitute-sized gap, I frown but move on. NBD.

Just adjust the switch on the spinner so that even a slow rolling ball registers. No pen spring or frown required.

The gate AND the spinner both count for the award.

#21236 11 months ago
Quoted from math08:

Just did this and it really made a difference. Much more smooth with less rattle which allows the ball to make up the ramp completely.
I have a question on a tweak. My saucer seems slightly out of line. The base looks like its right however, middle skirt seems to stick out towards the middle of the playfield. I can't see how I can realign this. I tried shifting the bracket under the playfield, but this really doesn't move much.
The problem here is the scoop shot. a forehand from the left flipper just hits this skirt and deflects. The margin of making the scoop is just so tight. Maybe that's the way it is supposed to be, but from my pic, you can see that everything does not stack up nicely.[quoted image]

I removed the scoop protector and it made a difference in rejects. I put some mylar around the scoop instead. It is easy enough to reinstall it if necessary.

#21237 11 months ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

1- That damn flat spot at the top. Have to tilt to get it back and lose everything. DAMN YOU!!

Pro tip - turn on the setting for coin door Open ball save. When it get stuck up there open coin door. Shake the hell out of machine to jiggle ball loose, it will drain, close coin door, ball will pop into shooter Lane and auto launch.

#21238 11 months ago

OK - I lowered my pitch and had an unusually good game (for me).

However, I have a MAJOR pitch difference at the flippers vs. at the building. With a digital level, I get 6.4 at the flippers, 6.8 in the middle, and 7.2 at the building. This seems like a huge differential.

#21239 11 months ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

OK - I lowered my pitch and had an unusually good game (for me).
However, I have a MAJOR pitch difference at the flippers vs. at the building. With a digital level, I get 6.4 at the flippers, 6.8 in the middle, and 7.2 at the building. This seems like a huge differential.

I have never seen that kind of differential on a playfield.

Either the level is not sitting flat for some reason or your playfield has a serious warp in it.

RM

#21240 11 months ago

It’s hard to imagine the wood could be that warped with metal rails on each side

#21241 11 months ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Pro tip - turn on the setting for coin door Open ball save. When it get stuck up there open coin door. Shake the hell out of machine to jiggle ball loose, it will drain, close coin door, ball will pop into shooter Lane and auto launch.

Also you don't even have to change the setting. You can push the trough eject coil by hand to pop another ball into the shooter lane.

#21242 11 months ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

My God, it's full of stars..

#21243 11 months ago

Starting test run of topper; probably take 2-3 weeks. This will epoxy onto plexiglass-glass which will have magnetic strips to hold in place. Hole through plexiglass-glass up through bottom of neck with LED usb (still need to research correct one to buy) eyes will have blue somewhat opaque material hot glued from inside.

IMG_4717 (resized).jpgIMG_4717 (resized).jpg

Screen Shot 2023-05-24 at 4.06.53 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2023-05-24 at 4.06.53 PM (resized).png
#21244 11 months ago

I need a picture of the underside of playfield, the left sling leaf switches please. I have a broken, dual black and green (ground) wire that the manual says belongs to leaf switch, but i am unsure where to solder, i can see no obivious space where it fell off.. Woudl help me if you can post pic for me so i can solder with no damage. Thank you.

#21245 11 months ago

Thank you all for the pictures of the sling wiring.. I have it fixed!!

#21246 11 months ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Starting test run of topper; probably take 2-3 weeks. This will epoxy onto plexiglass-glass which will have magnetic strips to hold in place. Hole through plexiglass-glass up through bottom of neck with LED usb (still need to research correct one to buy) eyes will have blue somewhat opaque material hot glued from inside.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Looks pretty sweet…and I’m not a topper guy

#21247 11 months ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

Looks pretty sweet…and I’m not a topper guy

Thanks. If it works I might upload stls for free.

#21248 11 months ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

I need a picture of the underside of playfield, the left sling leaf switches please. I have a broken, dual black and green (ground) wire that the manual says belongs to leaf switch, but i am unsure where to solder, i can see no obivious space where it fell off.. Woudl help me if you can post pic for me so i can solder with no damage. Thank you.

Screenshot_20230524_185654_Photos (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230524_185654_Photos (resized).jpg
#21249 11 months ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Best I could do from a video I have.

#21250 11 months ago
Quoted from acedanger:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Looks pretty cool - will the rest of his body be inside the backbox?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 425 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/425 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.