IMG_0814 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0815 (resized).jpeg
20240319_163550 (resized).jpg
20240319_163609 (resized).jpg
20240319_163600 (resized).jpg
20240318_181310 (resized).jpg
20240318_181348 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,159 posts in this topic. You are on page 423 of 544.
#21101 10 months ago

Anyone interested 35 free shipping Mechazilla I upgraded.

Pinside_forum_7586674_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7586674_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7586674_1 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7586674_1 (resized).jpg
#21102 10 months ago
Quoted from Sparky:

That one is only 12v.

Hey sparky
Three wires 12v-5v-G

#21103 10 months ago
Quoted from freddy:

Hey sparky
Three wires 12v-5v-G

PBL sells two different ones. Same 3-pin connector, but the black one is just ground at point, nothing on center, and 12v at bottom. The green board has ground, 5v, 12v.

The 12v only is $29. The 5v/12v is $52.

#21104 10 months ago
Quoted from Sparky:

PBL sells two different ones. Same 3-pin connector, but the black one is just ground at point, nothing on center, and 12v at bottom. The green board has ground, 5v, 12v.
The 12v only is $29. The 5v/12v is $52.

Iam talking splitter your talking power supply.
The splitter can do both voltages
$52 power supply is for metal head game
The $49 Power supply is for mounting on wood of cab.
The 8 way splitter is not a power supply.
It has three port for 12v and 5 v

9B1044FC-BDF9-422F-85B5-4EA057B68809 (resized).png9B1044FC-BDF9-422F-85B5-4EA057B68809 (resized).png
#21105 10 months ago

Joined the club today with a Premium

Had a hickup due to a short in a GI-socket but thats been taken care off

Now, I know I want some translucent rubbers and red flipperbands. But, the black post-sleeves, any recommendations? Red, Grey, black?
Also gonna install a playfield protector and yellow convolux. Saw this once and liked it quite a lot

IMG_7636 (resized).JPGIMG_7636 (resized).JPGIMG_7637 (resized).JPGIMG_7637 (resized).JPGIMG_7655 (resized).JPGIMG_7655 (resized).JPGIMG_7656 (resized).JPGIMG_7656 (resized).JPG
#21106 10 months ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Now, I know I want some translucent rubbers and red flipperbands. But, the black post-sleeves, any recommendations? Red, Grey, black?
Also gonna install a playfield protector and yellow convolux. Saw this once and liked it quite a lot
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congratulations, it's a great addition to what looks like an already great lineup!

I went with glow-in-the-dark everywhere except the slings where I went transparent. Starting point for me, will probably end up with red or factory black rubber at the flippers but have low-bounce glow in there for now. Glow seems to suit the alien theme and looks great on the upper playfield for example. Have fun customizing it to your taste!

#21107 10 months ago

I installed the Godzilla Powerbladez last night. They look great, but I will say they are VERY tight in the front where the connectors are.

#21108 10 months ago
Quoted from freddy:

Iam talking splitter your talking power supply.
The splitter can do both voltages
$52 power supply is for metal head game
The $49 Power supply is for mounting on wood of cab.
The 8 way splitter is not a power supply.
It has three port for 12v and 5 v
[quoted image]

Ok, so here's my confusion...according to the description of the $29 splitter board, it plugs into the 12v supply. It doesn't mention that it's also tapping the 5v supply, which might be on a different pinout. If it's not also tapping the 5v supply, the center port of the 3-pin connectors on the board are not supplying any voltage.

I'm pretty sure I've been through this before with customers of my TV mods, which require 5v.

Is there anyone using the $29 splitter who can confirm whether there is 5v at the center port of those 8 connectors?

#21109 10 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I installed the Godzilla Powerbladez last night. They look great, but I will say they are VERY tight in the front where the connectors are.

Yep. I have a small tear in them on the right side where it bulges because of the wires. Barely noticeable, but it’s a shame that the product isn’t 1 mm thinner.

#21110 10 months ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Welcome to the club. Rensh is certified gold in the TBL thread. Great to have him on GZ.

#21111 10 months ago

Well almost got my first billion, had all the modes (Tank, Powerline, Bridge & Kaiju) completed and was about to get my carnage bonus but then Rampage started and well you know what happened then, SDTM.

Had about 40 plays on the Premium I previously had with a GC of 650M and had this Pro for 2 days and about 10 plays and got a new GC.

There’s just something about this game. I wasn’t really “into” the theme that much or rather wasn’t my favorite but now it is.

Have a great weekend everyone and if you have a Tokyo Neon you don’t need\want, just reach out and thanks for the help.
IMG_1772 (resized).jpegIMG_1772 (resized).jpeg

#21112 10 months ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Awesome, and welcome to the club!

I have the transparent bands, red slings, and I went with green post sleeves on mine.

#21113 10 months ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Here's all translucent. The post sleeves do show some wear after 1000 games or so, not too bad. I just rotated them around

PXL_20220817_041413217 (resized).jpgPXL_20220817_041413217 (resized).jpg
#21114 10 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Here's all translucent. The post sleeves do show some wear after 1000 games or so, not too bad. I just rotated them around [quoted image]

Really like the extra paint touches you've given that game, that mg looks fantastic.

#21115 10 months ago

Does Godzilla ship with green flipper rubbers?
My distributor insists on opening and checking the game before customers collect
Curious if they installed these rubbers or are they factory?

#21116 10 months ago

Ships with black

#21117 10 months ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

Well almost got my first billion, had all the modes (Tank, Powerline, Bridge & Kaiju) completed and was about to get my carnage bonus but then Rampage started and well you know what happened then, SDTM.

Yeah, Monster Rampage needs to die in a fire, or at least have some way to opt out like the super train loops. No I don't want to have to play a damn three minute long mode without draining just to get back to what I was doing.

Really the strategy there is, get Rampage out of the way first, and only then you're allowed to start building up towards the big annihilation-carnage stacks.

#21118 10 months ago

Anyone have their Mechagodzilla coil magnet core not release the balls after a marathon session of playing? Just had some friends over the weekend and after a bunch of play, the balls started sticking to the magnet core. I had this problem before but changed out the balls to Ball Baron Carbon Steel Polaris and it seemed to fix the issue for a while (these were a new set before friends were playing but the problem started on the new set)...

The magnet core was very warm/hot to the touch

Wondering if I need a new coil or there is something funky in the Node 9 board with the 48 V CN 7 feed

Or is the coil just isolated inside the sculpt and heat is just going to happen? Been trying to think of a way to vent the mech with a fan without interfering with the game but the coil is pretty insulated, which is probably part of the issue

#21119 10 months ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

Yeah, Monster Rampage needs to die in a fire, or at least have some way to opt out like the super train loops. No I don't want to have to play a damn three minute long mode without draining just to get back to what I was doing.
Really the strategy there is, get Rampage out of the way first, and only then you're allowed to start building up towards the big annihilation-carnage stacks.

Rampage can give you an extra ball though so you come out even, even if you drain. You can change the number of shots needed for an extra ball in rampage in the settings if it's causing you to not enjoy it!

#21120 10 months ago
Quoted from rob3:

Welcome to the club. Rensh is certified gold in the TBL thread. Great to have him on GZ.

Thanks for the compliment, highly appreciate it

Pls do note GZ is for fun playing, not support it It’s meant as a reminder for me that the joy of playing is what’s all to be about. And ofcourse the strong social aspect of our beloved hobby.

#21121 10 months ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Anyone have their Mechagodzilla coil magnet core not release the balls after a marathon session of playing? Just had some friends over the weekend and after a bunch of play, the balls started sticking to the magnet core. I had this problem before but changed out the balls to Ball Baron Carbon Steel Polaris and it seemed to fix the issue for a while (these were a new set before friends were playing but the problem started on the new set)...
The magnet core was very warm/hot to the touch
Wondering if I need a new coil or there is something funky in the Node 9 board with the 48 V CN 7 feed
Or is the coil just isolated inside the sculpt and heat is just going to happen? Been trying to think of a way to vent the mech with a fan without interfering with the game but the coil is pretty insulated, which is probably part of the issue

Simple test… when the ball is sticking, power the game off. If the ball stays up in the air on the coil, then the balls are magnetized. If the ball releases, the you have a node board driver stuck issue.

#21122 10 months ago

Anyone getting double feeds? anything to watch out for? hard to nail anything down, last double feed i got it looked like the first ball bounced back down in the trough and it fired off again before things settled..

#21123 10 months ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Anyone getting double feeds? anything to watch out for? hard to nail anything down, last double feed i got it looked like the first ball bounced back down in the trough and it fired off again before things settled..

Reset the tiny connectors on the board at the end of the trough for the jam optos.

#21124 10 months ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

This happens to me occasionally and I haven’t been able to track down the issue since it’s so hard to reproduce. I’ve tried reseating everything, checking all connectors, etc and everything seems good so I have no idea what’s causing it.

#21125 10 months ago

I got my Godzilla Premium just over two weeks ago and I'm really enjoying it, especially as I continue to learn the nuances of the game's code. One thing I've noticed is the music gets really stuck in my head. I think the music and accompanying sounds on this could not be better.

I'm also shocked by something I never thought I would care about: getting the Stern Insider achievements. I keep watching as the number continues to increase.

I just can't believe how perfect this game is.

#21126 10 months ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Try lowering the trough eject power a bit.

#21127 10 months ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Simple test… when the ball is sticking, power the game off. If the ball stays up in the air on the coil, then the balls are magnetized. If the ball releases, the you have a node board driver stuck issue.

But this happened on a brand new set of Carbon balls (only played 3 games of 4 players on them) and the magnet coil seemed way way too hot, like burn your finger more than 3 seconds hot.

When you say node board driver stuck issue, would that be a bad transistor, or another physical component or do you mean software related

Thanks

#21128 10 months ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Rampage can give you an extra ball though so you come out even, even if you drain. You can change the number of shots needed for an extra ball in rampage in the settings if it's causing you to not enjoy it!

The extra ball isn't enough. You don't come out even if you got it but drained because that ruined the annihilation-carnage stack you were working on. Those points scale up huge into the billions if you do everything right, 3x annihilations into the 5x carnage multiplier, and then you score that over again as the Earth Bonus and then *again* on the final Planet X hurryup. And it's not the same to try again on the next city with the EB, since now all the components are harder to start the next time. I'm playing at the high end aiming for 10B-plus scores and anything Monster Rampage or its EB is going to do is peanuts compared to that.

Super Train Loops offers the easy opt-out; why can't Rampage? The only answer is to pre-opt-out, you have to go for Rampage first so it won't accidentally interrupt you at a bad time.

#21129 10 months ago
Quoted from tgarrett09:

This happens to me occasionally and I haven’t been able to track down the issue since it’s so hard to reproduce. I’ve tried reseating everything, checking all connectors, etc and everything seems good so I have no idea what’s causing it.

Replace the balls.

#21130 10 months ago
Quoted from Biju:

I got my Godzilla Premium just over two weeks ago and I'm really enjoying it, especially as I continue to learn the nuances of the game's code. One thing I've noticed is the music gets really stuck in my head. I think the music and accompanying sounds on this could not be better.
I'm also shocked by something I never thought I would care about: getting the Stern Insider achievements. I keep watching as the number continues to increase.
I just can't believe how perfect this game is.

Yeah I can't remember which mode, maybe tesla, that just has an insanely catchy baseline.

The achievements were a big surprise, on this and JP were enough a couple friends started going to more arcades to play more, they are very addictive!

#21131 10 months ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

The extra ball isn't enough. You don't come out even if you got it but drained because that ruined the annihilation-carnage stack you were working on. Those points scale up huge into the billions if you do everything right, 3x annihilations into the 5x carnage multiplier, and then you score that over again as the Earth Bonus and then *again* on the final Planet X hurryup. And it's not the same to try again on the next city with the EB, since now all the components are harder to start the next time. I'm playing at the high end aiming for 10B-plus scores and anything Monster Rampage or its EB is going to do is peanuts compared to that.

Yeah I completed all 4 modes on one ball and got a good amount of annihilation bonuses and think my carnage would have pushed me over. Oh well, I’m sure it’s just like other milestones, once you hit it, you can get it more often and then set a new milestone

#21132 10 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Replace the balls.

I’ve done that, messed with eject strength, etc. all the obvious solutions but it still pops up occasionally.

#21133 10 months ago
Quoted from tgarrett09:

I’ve done that, messed with eject strength, etc. all the obvious solutions but it still pops up occasionally.

What kinds of balls are you using?

#21134 10 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What kinds of balls are you using?

I use the Polaris carbon steel balls from Ball Baron.

#21135 10 months ago
Quoted from tgarrett09:

I use the Polaris carbon steel balls from Ball Baron.

Okay. Those should be fine then. Weird one. The stuff you’ve already tried fixes the issue for me 100% of the time.

#21136 10 months ago

Sorokyl What bridge upgrade is that on your machine?

#21137 10 months ago
Quoted from Moli410:

Think that’s the one from Lior. He also has a Lior shield mod.

#21138 10 months ago

Any pro owners having trouble at times with the magnet not holding the balls for the start of MB? It will grab the first one and then when the second ball launches or sometimes the third, the balls will drop before they are supposed to.

Doesn’t happen all the time but enough. I adjusted the kick out power and the balls hit correctly. I did not make any chain the settings.

#21139 10 months ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I've only hit 7 loops in a row so far on my GZ Premium at Home. I forget my total loop record... I have only played 1 game on a GZ Pro on location and I hit 7 loops in a row right out of the gate on it... I was like, "WOW, much easier to loop on this machine!".
I've had three different style of flippers so far on my GZ, each with about 1000 plays now... factory, Precision Flip Solids and now Halos. 7 is my best done separately on all 3 styles. Maybe I need to tweak the power setting lower still?

Commenting on this again, after I played a Jurassic on location with precision flippers, and I couldn't hit the loop with it much at all.

I think factory flippers are best for hitting an upper loop and precision-style flippers are significantly worse. The difference is that they're more rigid - and that's bad for this. For control with an upper flipper, you want the ball to bite in to the flipper a little bit. What the stiffness gives is more power - but you don't need that for a flat loop where the ball is already moving with some velocity. The rigidity will make the ball deflect more away from the flipper. Even half a millimeter significantly reduces the timing window to make the shot. It's not a question of reducing power, it's the physics of keeping the ball close to the flipper during the stroke, and rigid hardware won't do that.

#21140 10 months ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Any pro owners having trouble at times with the magnet not holding the balls for the start of MB? It will grab the first one and then when the second ball launches or sometimes the third, the balls will drop before they are supposed to.
Doesn’t happen all the time but enough. I adjusted the kick out power and the balls hit correctly. I did not make any chain the settings.

Sometimes that happens on ours, but not often. When a switch is activated while balls are still shooting out to the magnet, it will release all of them.

#21141 10 months ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

But this happened on a brand new set of Carbon balls (only played 3 games of 4 players on them) and the magnet coil seemed way way too hot, like burn your finger more than 3 seconds hot.
When you say node board driver stuck issue, would that be a bad transistor, or another physical component or do you mean software related
Thanks

If the balls drop when power is turned off, then you likely have a bad node board driving the coil. Stern will replace if in warranty, you will need to source a new board if out of warranty.

#21142 10 months ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

Super Train Loops offers the easy opt-out; why can't Rampage? The only answer is to pre-opt-out, you have to go for Rampage first so it won't accidentally interrupt you at a bad time.

Since Rampage contributes the most to annihilation bonuses I'd say you're missing out

#21143 10 months ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

If the balls drop when power is turned off, then you likely have a bad node board driving the coil. Stern will replace if in warranty, you will need to source a new board if out of warranty.

Thanks, appreciate the feedback

#21144 10 months ago
Quoted from bocce:

Since Rampage contributes the most to annihilation bonuses I'd say you're missing out

How so? This has not been my experience.

#21145 10 months ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

I used to hate it too but it does get you some big points (300m +) if you complete it and a free ball and a bunch of bonus things........I used to just shoot the right ramp to time it out but now I enjoy finishing it.

#21146 10 months ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

It happens on my pro periodically........I don't mind since it makes the gameplay faster (not waiting around).

#21147 10 months ago

In The Club Finally.

But one question the collapsing bridge how and where do I loosen it up to easily install playfield protector?

#21148 10 months ago
Quoted from Moli410:

Quoted from Rensh:

Think that’s the one from Lior. He also has a Lior shield mod.

Nope. The spinner platform and ufo are Sleal16.

The bridge is Kevin
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-premium-le-train-bridge-mod

All 3 of those mods are fantastic, and way cheaper than Lior. Note that I do paint a lot of my mods but they look great as shipped too.

#21149 10 months ago
Quoted from Willey:

In The Club Finally.
But one question the collapsing bridge how and where do I loosen it up to easily install playfield protector?

The easiest way would not be installing the playfield protector

#21150 10 months ago
Quoted from Willey:

In The Club Finally.

You won't find much love around here for playfield protectors

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling
Decorations
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilmington, NC
$ 114.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 120.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball
Other
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Side Gig Studios
Toppers
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop
Backbox
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball
Shooter rods
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,159 posts in this topic. You are on page 423 of 544.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/423?hl=mapalot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.