PXL_20220525_194033876 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20220525-112147_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
AE1E3812-2B32-40F4-BB12-D280365E7F78 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20220523_200047817 (resized).jpg
8A3EEB4D-90BE-4B95-8B6A-8BB714631053.gif
F4D41007-9CB0-4CC5-B085-6C714DC5A2A2.jpeg
1A02C8FD-3FE0-4475-B542-35ABC37F824F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,941 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 219.
#2051 6 months ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I set music attenuation minus 10 and speech attenuation plus 10. Also added powered sub.

I've got my sub, just haven't had to to hookup. Does the sub improve the game sound?

#2052 6 months ago

So excited! My Premium just arrived! Can't wait to get this home!

#2053 6 months ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

I've got my sub, just haven't had to to hookup. Does the sub improve the game sound?

Yes, a lot.

#2054 6 months ago

Yes it helps a ton, I have pinwoofers here in 2 days and can't wait to hear how this sounds.

#2055 6 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Wife laughs at me when I use my chin

100% this. Chinny chin chin for the win

#2056 6 months ago

Got word and pics yesterday from Aaron at Gameroom Goodies that my LE has also been a victim of the incompetent forkers moving and loading these poorly protected gems.
Aaron will get and replace torn decal and ship next week........oh well.

65808504691__B9CB4155-4FEF-4942-A089-1A7FF63CB351 (resized).JPEG65808528066__D6862166-507E-4710-845C-C5E890BDAF20 (2) (resized).JPEG
#2057 6 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Question - I can get about 4 or 5 loops on the upper flipper, but then it usually goes too fast & ricochets a bit on the way around, skipping past the upper flipper and ruining my combo. This happening to anyone else? I’m guessing it’s common, but maybe I need to look at my ball guide or dial down the upper flipper strength or something.

I can only make 2 loops... my orbit is super sloppy and the ball comes off the rail completely missing the 3rd flipper. My game is leveled left to right and sitting at 6.9 slope. Ive tried bumping slope up and down, no help. It's a bummer because other machines ive played are waaayyyyy better.

Im guessing the guide rails in the orbit need to be tweaked but not sure where to start.

#2058 6 months ago
Quoted from Purdue:

I can only constantly make 2 loops... my orbit is super sloppy and the ball comes off the rail completely missing the 3rd flipper. My game is leveled left to right and sitting at 6.9 slope. Ive tried bumping slope up and down, no help. It's a bummer because other machines ive played are waaayyyyy better.
Im guessing the guide rails in the orbit need to be tweaked but not sure where to start.

Take a slow motion video with your phone of the travel around the loop.

I had a crazy issue with a kiss le where it wouldnt kick the ball out. The ball would just rattle around in the shooter lane. Slow motion showed me it was hitting the rail in the shooter lane, so I bet it back. No problem.

#2059 6 months ago
Quoted from chromag:

Got word and pics yesterday from Aaron at Gameroom Goodies that my LE has also been a victim of the incompetent forkers moving and loading these poorly protected gems.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Is this a stern issue or shipper? When I picked mine up, 3 of the le boxes had some damage. I chose the least amount , it was down low near the pallet and thankfully no issues.

#2060 6 months ago

I don't blame Stern for all these shipping issues. I know there is a shortage of qualified people filling openings in all fields including warehouse forklift operators, but it does appear that more in box protection is needed as there are so many (like mine) being damaged before arriving anywhere.

#2061 6 months ago
Quoted from chromag:

I don't blame Stern for all these shipping issues. I know there is a shortage of qualified people filling openings in all fields including warehouse forklift operators, but it does appear that more in box protection is needed as there are so many (like mine) being damaged before arriving anywhere.

I don't think it is realistic to ask Stern (or anyone) to make a box that is forklift jab proof. That is a LOT of force. 100% on the shipper.

#2062 6 months ago

Nobody is asking for a bullet proof box, just some added protection to at least stop some of the contact, and yes, I put the fault on warehouse workers and assume it's not at the Stern facility. The number of damaged boxes is approaching a stupid level.

#2063 6 months ago

I have seen many boxes with holes in the exact same spot. One of the two pros we got had a hole there but luckily did not damage the machine.

#2064 6 months ago

Put down a deposit on a Premium yesterday. Now to wait until July

#2065 6 months ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

There should have been a 3rd flipper button for the heat ray
Led Zeppelin is a single click action slap, but Godzilla you have to hold down

I think the whole point is to make it a challenge. If it were easy it wouldn't be worth it. I use my chin.

#2066 6 months ago

Preparing to hopefully receive the LE this Fri, and thinking about insider connect and children. How does it work if I sign in, play a game, and then my 9 year old without a phone wants to play; do I log out each time and then have him play without signing in?

#2067 6 months ago

Deleted

#2068 6 months ago
Quoted from chickenscratch:

Preparing to hopefully receive the LE this Fri, and thinking about insider connect and children. How does it work if I sign in, play a game, and then my 9 year old without a phone wants to play; do I log out each time and then have him play without signing in?

screen shot the kiddo's qr code and print it out.

#2069 6 months ago
Quoted from Purdue:

If you go into your profile, under account info, there is a way to print it out so it looks like a cool card….I discovered this after my wife used her laminating matching on one I just screenshoted.
E6C85014-5663-4959-B24B-69335E10A1F6 (resized).jpeg

#2070 6 months ago

Soooo... with Premiums now arriving, at what point should I be (more) concerned if my LE hasn't shipped yet from my Stern licensed distributor? (Asking as a first-time NIB purchaser.) On one hand I don't want to overreact... on the other...

#2071 6 months ago

That's super handy, going to print my sons out and leave it in the barn. I'll probably do that for mine too. Until they have an app anyway.

Quoted from Jj557:

If you go into your profile, under account info, there is a way to print it out so it looks like a cool card….I discovered this after my wife used her laminating matching on one I just screenshoted.
[quoted image]

#2072 6 months ago

got to play godzilla pro this weekend, and WOW! this is elwin's best game BY FAR, and I own a Maiden Premium, which is a close second place in Elwin's career. Godzilla is the best stern ever made, IMO. this game lacks nothing. perfect design, wonderful ramps, and excellent variety in the gameplay. the magnet setup to upper flipper is genius. the quick hook loops are brilliant. the ramps crossing over are immaculate. quite the release; will be GOTY for sure.

congrats to all owners who got this game. Honestly, the PRO offers so much, I'd be hard pressed to splurge on a premium or LE because of the high cost. If you got the money, go all out, but if you don't, the PRO will scratch your itch.

funny thing is, I couldn't care less about the theme, and the art is pretty bad by ZY standards. the gameplay is so great that the them is completely an afterthought. Id buy this game if i had the money, but a brand new bathroom is costing me a fortune, and I'm out on NIB for a long time, unfortunately!

Cheers to another great game in our hobby!

#2073 6 months ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Had my best game so far and got to some mode (Monster Rampage possibly) with an extended ball save and really amazing lighting effects.
Anyone know what mode that is and how I got there? Haha

As of .80 code, you qualify RAMPAGE letters by collecting destruction jackpots, picking up an ally, or changing cities. The collect is the left spinner shot that goes behind the upper flipper.

Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I had those 4 inserts lit (Bridge, Raid, etc) but have no idea what that means.[quoted image]

Nothing at the moment, other than lighting all four earns Xilien battle achievement for the city:

pasted_image (resized).png

Quoted from Lermods:

Just got to tank battle, seems incomplete. Hit all the tank shots, but then it wasn’t clear what to hit, nothing really flashing

Tank Attack is in, it's multiple waves of tank pairs that move toward Godzilla (The left ramp shot). Once you destroy enough tanks (10 for the first attack) by hitting the lit tank shots, the Maser Cannon shot flashes like crazy with a related call-out. Hitting the MC shot picks up the super jackpot and ends the mode.

#2074 6 months ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Soooo... with Premiums now arriving, at what point should I be (more) concerned if my LE hasn't shipped yet from my Stern licensed distributor? (Asking as a first-time NIB purchaser.) On one hand I don't want to overreact... on the other...

Have you tried contacting your distro to get an update?

#2075 6 months ago

Hey PinMonk - have you had a chance to do any flipper coil temperature testing yet on a Godzilla machine?

Curious how hot they get with extended play times?

Your flipper coil fans really help out on AIQ with long game or play sessions and am curious how much they may help out on Godzilla.

Thanks!

#2076 6 months ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Have you tried contacting your distro to get an update?

I had, cheers, but since I posted a few minutes ago a friend actually stopped in AT the distro itself, it's apparently already en route, and they were surprised I hadn't yet received it, though less so once they recalled that I was in Brooklyn. So, it's en route at this point, which is a relief to know... Thx!

#2077 6 months ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Buddy gave me his test paint run with the colors he had on hand. We went with a more "natural" skin/scale color (that was also the shade of base color he had available). I might try to get him a brighter color green and see how that turns out. Watcha guys think?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks AWESOME! Pls add me to interested list! It matches Jeremy's drawings perfectly as well yet so many were quick to critique his work!

#2078 6 months ago
Quoted from insight75:

I think the whole point is to make it a challenge. If it were easy it wouldn't be worth it. I use my chin.

I can't say what my Girlfriend uses. R-rated. Women are so lucky they have 2!

#2079 6 months ago

Does anybody know if both sides of the Premium Cabinet are the same artwork, or different?
Magicchiz

#2081 6 months ago
Quoted from Purdue:

One of my children has learning disabilities so won’t be an option for him, and he’s one of my biggest mini-pinheads. Thoughts vis-a-vis that? How do we account for this, guests, etc. intermingled with QR players?

#2082 6 months ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm really loving the moving building/ball lock.
So far the bridge doesn't really do much for me, and the spinner/jump ramp I could do without. Overall IMO the big difference that would draw me towards the premium/LE over the pro is the moving building but I think the pro of this game is going to be very good if you didn't want to spend $2000 extra.

I must have a great distro or Something cause I didn't pay anywhere close to $2k more than the pro on my Prem GZ and I didnt even pay over a grand more than I paid on my Avengers Prem last year either..... must be alot of distros charging msrp to people given the shortages? I'm happy to know that I can trust my distro to give me a good price based on repeate business and relationships VS charging more just because she/he can. But In my opinion after shooting ALL of keith elwins Pro versions and only owning the prem/LE version of his games the pros NEVER DISAPPOINT because hes kept the same shot geometry in all of his games thus far just swapping mechanical devices from the layout to make the PRO less prone to Downtime from mechanical failure over time and use. I'm calling my gameroom Elwins Arcade once Im done building my new home! But for now I have my Stern machines at my local co-op so all the local pinheads can come in and play a few games they won't find in the wild too often and I've had a couple thus far go in on JP premiums after playing my JP... Avengers is also an incredible shooter especially after Diddys CM ramp fix mod that ruleset is so complex yet so easy to jump on and start a few quick muliballs!

Godzilla will be his best to date just based on Asset availability and this epic layout! Shots that can lead to other shots not physically possible without the magna grab is awesome as well as the tail whip shot flowing the ball back around the pop and to the left flipper is another use of the layout that just doesn't get done much in pinball! Sure you can drop a 180 ramp down on a playfield and turn one shot into a ramp shot but to add a damn magnet that takes a straight up the middle shot that exits toward the left side of the playfield and then just flings the ball up the farthest left shot path and feeds the left upper flipper! Its carzy! Not just that but the amount of ways that magnet can grab and manipulate the ball trajectory is genius!
Sorry so long guys/girls just can't keep my mouth shut about this game!

#2083 6 months ago
Quoted from chromag:

Nobody is asking for a bullet proof box, just some added protection to at least stop some of the contact, and yes, I put the fault on warehouse workers and assume it's not at the Stern facility. The number of damaged boxes is approaching a stupid level.

See, Robert from Deeproot was on to something with his PinPod.

#2084 6 months ago
Quoted from LargemouthAss:

Put down a deposit on a Premium yesterday. Now to wait until July

I am hoping July is the THIRD run since I am in on a SECOND run which was planned for early 2022. I think some people are still waiting on second run Mando Premiums.

#2085 6 months ago

Hopefully getting my LE on Friday. Anyone else from New Jersey getting one from Automated Services. The word is a box truck load is heading to New Jersey Friday.

#2086 6 months ago

Hopefully the truck keeps going! My LE from Automated is supposed to ship to California this week

#2087 6 months ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Does anybody know if both sides of the Premium Cabinet are the same artwork, or different?
Magicchiz

For whatever reason the left and right side of the Premium are the same on this game. At least in this case it won't be hard to determine which end of your row of machines you want to put your new machine on. It won't matter, you'll see the same art either way.

#2088 6 months ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

If they offer me. Let’s say 11k. That is not going to work. I can not replace an LE for 11k.

Stern will send you decals for the machine the side rail if bent can be uninstalled in seconds and wrapped up and sent back to stern on theor dime. The drill hole in the cab can be wood filled and painted over and that's what stern would have done if they caught that at the factory. There wasn't any art in that location so its not a big deal.

The cabinet art again lime I said stern will ship you out new art if you can send them your distributor information and your serial number to verify you're the true owner of the machine and then you'll have to pull thw cabinet art or some of it and send them sections of each piece you require to replace your sideart.

Or they could do you a solid and have you pull your playfield out *just a few plugs thats it) and pull your head same thing a couple plugs and four bolts two from hinges and two from inside the head that Bolt into the cab to make sure backbox and or head is securely fastened to the cabinet. Then they'll send you just a complete bottom cab that is plug and play fully populated with speaker start button grounding wires coindoor and perfect sideart! You literally drop your playfield into the cab and connect the harness as well as put the backbox back on the machine as well! They're super good about this stuff at stern just talk to your distributor first and then secondly stern to get them both communicating on your behalf. Now your shipper can 100% reach a settlement for you if feel like the damage was done by them specifically. I think it was done prior to the maxhine being shipped given the extra drill hole and the type and location of cabinet art damage.

#2089 6 months ago
Quoted from MUGEN_4_LIFE:

Looks AWESOME! Pls add me to interested list! It matches Jeremy's drawings perfectly as well yet so many were quick to critique his work!

Thanks! Doing 1-2 more different paint variants to see what works best and I'll follow up with folks that would be interested.

#2090 6 months ago
Quoted from chromag:

Good news!

#2091 6 months ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I set music attenuation minus 10 and speech attenuation plus 10. Also added powered sub.

Thanks, I will try that and also try running through a sub as well. Wasn’t completely sure what those settings did and/or if I should be adjusting the EQ.

#2092 6 months ago
Quoted from kse001:

Thanks, I will try that and also try running through a sub as well. Wasn’t completely sure what those settings did and/or if I should be adjusting the EQ.

Adjusting the equalizer to a gradual v shape is a good starting point.

#2093 6 months ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Thanks! Doing 1-2 more different paint variants to see what works best and I'll follow up with folks that would be interested.

Also interested

#2094 6 months ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

If they offer me. Let’s say 11k. That is not going to work. I can not replace an LE for 11k.

Stern will send you decals for the machine the side rail if bent can be uninstalled in seconds and wrapped up and sent back to stern on theor dime. The drill hole in the cab can be wood filled and painted over and that's what stern would have done if they caught that at the factory. There wasn't any art in that location so its not a big deal.

The cabinet art again lime I said stern will ship you out new art if you can send them your distributor information and your serial number to verify you're the true owner of the machine and then you'll have to pull thw cabinet art or some of it and send them sections of each piece you require to replace your sideart.

Or they could do you a solid and have you pull your playfield out *just a few plugs thats it) and pull your head same thing a couple plugs and four bolts two from hinges and two from inside the head that Bolt into the cab to make sure backbox and or head is securely fastened to the cabinet. Then they'll send you just a complete bottom cab that is plug and play fully populated with speaker start button grounding wires coindoor and perfect sideart! You literally drop your playfield into the cab and connect the harness as well as put the backbox back on the machine as well! They're super good about this stuff at stern just talk to your distributor first and then secondly stern to get them both communicating on your behalf. Now your shipper can 100% reach a settlement for you if feel like the damage was done by them specifically. I think it was done prior to the maxhine being shipped given the extra drill hole and the type and location of cabinet art damage.

Quoted from VALIS666:

What was the reason someone recommended you swap every rubber out? Just swap out the black flipper and slingshot rubbers to a different color, as the dust from black rubber will make the playfield dirtier than other colors. Rubber might break here and there over the months/years, but you might as well wait in swapping them until you have to. Changing rubber on an entire playfield with modern pins can be a pain in the ass.

This I would reccomend swapping your flipper rubbers and slings to avoid a vast amount of black rubber residual but the rubbers are brand new and to replace every rubber while cool if you want to go with a new color scheme. The feel of the silicone rings is different apposed to the standard rubber feel. I like these transparent rings I found a couple years back but Im not sure If they're titan or another brand. They play very close to rubber rings and are also
great with refractive abilities!

#2095 6 months ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Hey PinMonk - have you had a chance to do any flipper coil temperature testing yet on a Godzilla machine?
Curious how hot they get with extended play times?
Your flipper coil fans really help out on AIQ with long game or play sessions and am curious how much they may help out on Godzilla.
Thanks!

Yes, I've been doing testing, but waiting for the next rev of code that's closer to 1.00 before testing again and releasing. Based on the initial testing it looks like it falls in the same general temp ranges as Led Zeppelin and Mandalorian with pretty mild fade overall. To me it only seems really noticeable (if I wasn't staring at temp gauges) on that back right ramp later in play. Kind of like how the Captain Marvel ramp becomes problematic later in gameplay and if you're off a bit it won't make it.

So there IS fade, but I will say that Stern is killing it with temperature management compared to JJP/Spooky/Multimorphic, especially for trap players. Even for non-trap players they seem to really be holding coil temps down longer lately. They'll never WIN, but looking at the widening gap between Stern and everyone else, I have to give Gomez (or whoever's responsible - I assume Gomez is involved) credit where credit is due.

#2096 6 months ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

More
Take a slow motion video with your phone of the travel around the loop.

There’s a mini ramp on the loop - so something is happening with the ball coming off this ramp at high speeds and ricocheting instead of hugging the rail. Not sure what can be tweaked to get a smoother high speed loop…hopefully someone can figure it out.

(EDITED after playing and observing more)

I think this will need to be adjusted: The end of the back ball guide that sends the ball to the guide that goes to the flipper. I think this needs to be tweaked so it curves a little smoother at the end…so a fast ball curves into the next guide ether then slamming it.
C8FDD960-4C36-4BE4-AE63-179828A19324.jpeg

#2097 6 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So there IS fade, but I will say that Stern is killing it with temperature management compared to JJP/Spooky/Multimorphic, especially for trap players. Even for non-trap players they seem to really be holding coil temps down longer lately. They'll never WIN, but looking at the widening gap between Stern and everyone else, I have to give Gomez (or whoever's responsible - I assume Gomez is involved) credit where credit is due.

Interesting. You have the numbers, but anecdotally the worst flipper fade I've seen on any of the modern machines was Stranger Things, and by a good distance. That left ramp is damn hard to make after just 20 minutes of play. Well, early Houdinis are the worst, but that was a known power supply issue.

#2098 6 months ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Interesting. You have the numbers, but anecdotally the worst flipper fade I've seen on any of the modern machines was Stranger Things, and by a good distance. That left ramp is damn hard to make after just 20 minutes of play. Well, early Houdinis are the worst, but that was a known power supply issue.

Stranger Things is the pin that started me down the road of temp testing flipper coils because the fade was so atrocious. GnR is also very bad. But the last few Sterns have been a LOT better. Time will tell if that's a fluke or better flipper management by Stern, but they absolutely have the flipper hold temp management down cold. No one else is even in the same universe.

(There's a chart on the Tibetan Breeze product page with temps for the pins I've tested or had tested by volunteers so far)

#2099 6 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Is this a stern issue or shipper? When I picked mine up, 3 of the le boxes had some damage. I chose the least amount , it was down low near the pallet and thankfully no issues.

It is partially a Stern issue as they need to ship games directly to consumers to cut down on the loading and unloading of the games. I think a little more padding can be added as well. Ultimately it is the shipping company as they should be more careful.

#2100 6 months ago
Quoted from chromag:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Ouch! I understand your pain.

20211103_170021 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Alpharetta, GA
Hardware
Hippies Haven
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
7,000 (Firm)
Sale Pending! Machine - For Sale
Mc Cutchenvle, OH
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop
There are 10,941 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 219.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!