IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,339 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 547.
#2001 2 years ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

I get it but even if all 3 balls go SDTM on start of MB, there will be a ball save dealing with this. Isn't this a cool effect to drain all bals at start of multiball... maybe intended that way

Maybe, but its funner to have them scattered. In my opinion anyways. It's frustrating to watch a 3 ball trail right down the middle. Not positive I'll leave on but as of now ,it's much better

#2002 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Maybe, but its funner to have them scattered. In my opinion anyways. It's frustrating to watch a 3 ball trail right down the middle. Not positive I'll leave on but as of now ,it's much better

I'll get a proper measurement on where mine is set up as, but stock all the MB from the building have been dropping to the left flipper. Downside if it drops down the center is you lose some of that ball save you could be scoring on. The scatterness with that triangle diverter is really cool though.

#2003 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

I'll get a proper measurement on where mine is set up as, but stock all the MB from the building have been dropping to the left flipper. Downside if it drops down the center is you lose some of that ball save you could be scoring on. The scatterness with that triangle diverter is really cool though.

I'm dead level, and at 6.7° pitch

#2004 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I think it's funny that there are guys rating the LE at 3.4 etc.

Pro tip... never look at the pinside rankings.... and certainly not the reviews.

#2005 2 years ago
Quoted from apessino:

To be fair, out of 63 ratings it's only these two so far that have engaged in this pathetic behavior. It says nothing about the game, but it does say a lot about how sad their lives are. [quoted image]

Where can I find all the ratings like your post shows? I only see the written ones. Thx,,,

#2006 2 years ago

Giving something a 10 because it's the greatest thing you've ever played and you're enamored with it is forgivable. If you settled down and really thought critically, maybe it's a 9.2 to you? So you're less than 1 off because you're over hyping. Giving something a 1 that you've never played and is a consensus "one of the best modern pins made" is for sure a sad existence.

Quoted from MonsieurCS:

it's not really any dumber than rating a game with unfinished code a 10

#2007 2 years ago

When I was new to the hobby I got a lot of great info by reading the reviews. It was easy to tell who had an in depth helpful analysis and who was trolling/fanboy. The rankings themselves are silly, but there's valuable content in there if you look for it.

Quoted from flynnibus:

Pro tip... never look at the pinside rankings.... and certainly not the reviews.

#2008 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

The biggest issue I have with Godzilla MB is that I smash the building as it is going back into place. I now find myself delaying my shots and/or letting the three drain to prevent it. There are already a few good dings on the edge of my second floor. Feels a little like the early issues with LZ center spinner.

#2009 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Giving something a 10 because it's the greatest thing you've ever played and you're enamored with it is forgivable. If you settled down and really thought critically, maybe it's a 9.2 to you? So you're less than 1 off because you're over hyping. Giving something a 1 that you've never played and is a consensus "one of the best modern pins made" is for sure a sad existence.

I believe if you rate a game a 1, then it should be easy to leave a few comments about your bad experience. Since most people are more affected by bad experiences than good ones, it should be easy to leave feedback to help validate the comments about their experience. I know pinball is like music and it's possible that some people will hate your favorite game with a passion so I'm hoping they are able to add some feedback in the future.

#2010 2 years ago

Has anyone solved the issue with the shot left of the building heading sdtm 50% of the time? The pin is perfectly level. Frustrating to avoid hitting that shot at all costs, but maybe intentional?

#2011 2 years ago
Quoted from mahony:

I believe if you rate a game a 1, then it should be easy to leave a few comments about your bad experience. Since most people are more affected by bad experiences than good ones, it should be easy to leave feedback to help validate the comments about their experience. I know pinball is like music and it's possible that some people will hate your favorite game with a passion so I'm hoping they are able to add some feedback in the future.

Basically a 1 is bogus, it means rating the rules 1 out of 10, lighting 1 out of 10 etc.. So everything on the pin is the worst possible.

However let's say an average pin is rated 8.0 (pinball Magic) the rating should be somewhere close to 8.0 either a bit better or a bit lower not 7 while points lower which would be 1.0 worse possible everything.

Full Throttle number 171 on the ranking list is rated at 7.5 if you rate something 9.5 that is only moving the score 20% higher than average score. If you rate it a 1 that is moving the score 80% lower score than an average pin the worst pin is a 5 for example Hercules or Thunderbirds.

I also don't get people who rate every game a 10, to me a 10 would be the best game ever and every game is not the best game ever. However I see many ratings at 10.

#2012 2 years ago

Just got word that my premium is shipping this week beyond excited. Going to my bank now.

#2013 2 years ago
Quoted from MonsieurCS:

it's not really any dumber than rating a game with unfinished code a 10

I rated a 10 because it is the best game I have ever played. I have owned over 50 games and bought my first one in 1982. I do not believe my rating a 10 was dumb. This is as close to perfect as I think a game can get for me. I understand that some may disagree. It is a beautiful game with a theme that I love. I can't see them messing up the code, but if they do, I will change my rating.

#2014 2 years ago
Quoted from DHudec:

Has anyone solved the issue with the shot left of the building heading sdtm 50% of the time? The pin is perfectly level. Frustrating to avoid hitting that shot at all costs, but maybe intentional?

I’ve seen it fly out angled left and right, and sometimes down the middle. I feel like there should be a brief ball save for any shot coming out of that building that insta-drains.

#2015 2 years ago

Wow - besides the slings, this is literally the only other rubber on the game. Only 5 post sleeves too. Genius!

EFE8849C-0AF1-481D-9146-67D89800A397 (resized).jpegEFE8849C-0AF1-481D-9146-67D89800A397 (resized).jpeg

#2016 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Where can I find all the ratings like your post shows? I only see the written ones. Thx,,,

Look for this section on the right side, above the ratings list. Choose what to see/exclude, how to sort the view from here, then click "Apply Filter."

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2017 2 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

The biggest issue I have with Godzilla MB is that I smash the building as it is going back into place. I now find myself delaying my shots and/or letting the three drain to prevent it. There are already a few good dings on the edge of my second floor. Feels a little like the early issues with LZ center spinner.

Ya I see a mark on mine too. Hope they will do same as zepp and fix it in code

#2018 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Hey now you can't use Insider Connected because the scores will be manipulated by changing the game play. LOL. I'm kidding..... I find if I leave my flippers both up as they drop down.....they all will hit and don't go down the middle most of the time.

#2019 2 years ago

Just paid for my game. Whoo hoo! should be here before friday. Man am I excited to get this game. This is the 1st stern I pre-ordered day 1.

#2020 2 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

Just paid for my game. Whoo hoo! should be here before friday. Man am I excited to get this game. This is the 1st stern I pre-ordered day 1.

Which model?

#2021 2 years ago

Just got to tank battle, seems incomplete. Hit all the tank shots, but then it wasn’t clear what to hit, nothing really flashing.

Also got to one of the monster pair up battles, same thing, hit the flashing shots then nothing.

Guessing it’s just the code isn’t complete.

#2022 2 years ago

Added some Titan Silicone Green Flipper Rubber and Cliffy Posts. May try some other variations, this is just 1st go around with color scheme.

20211108_182621 (resized).jpg20211108_182621 (resized).jpg20211108_182640 (resized).jpg20211108_182640 (resized).jpg20211108_182651 (resized).jpg20211108_182651 (resized).jpg20211108_182702 (resized).jpg20211108_182702 (resized).jpg20211108_182731 (resized).jpg20211108_182731 (resized).jpg
#2023 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Hey now you can't use Insider Connected because the scores will be manipulated by changing the game play. LOL. I'm kidding..... I find if I leave my flippers both up as they drop down.....they all will hit and don't go down the middle most of the time.

Well, I'm not hooking up to it anyways

#2024 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

I have noticed this on mine the past couple days…haven’t tracked down the source.

I also have a squeaky LE when the shaker is running.

The other thing I've noticed is that the back end of the playfield has a lot of play in it compared to my other Sterns I've owned. Worried its loose or something. I'm not sure how it connects to the playfield.

#2025 2 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

I also have a squeaky LE.
The other thing I've noticed is that the back end of the playfield has a lot of play in it compared to my other Sterns I've owned. Worried its loose or something. I'm not sure how it connects to the playfield.

??

#2026 2 years ago

Sorry I don't know the proper word for it. At the far back of the playfield closest to the backbox there is a vertical section that all the building facades and ramps go into. If I pull the playfield out there is a handle on the back of that. It seems like that entire vertical section is sort of wobbly or loose. It just feels weak when I lift by that handle where as my other sterns do not.

#2027 2 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

I also have a squeaky LE when the shaker is running.

My distributor told me that Stern recommended that I drop some three in one oil into where the counterweight meets the motor’s casing. I did this and it seems to have improved significantly. Still makes a little bit of squeak / grind noise though.

Reading through all of the posts of the modifications people have had to make just to make their games play as they should plus other general QC issues, I count myself pretty lucky.

As an electronics manufacturer myself, I understand the plight of sourcing components and assembling a consistent product, especially this day in age. That said, in reading all of the posts here, it seems most people are dealing with at least one or two QC issues. That seems kind of worrisome considering the price tag of these things. I for one was not thrilled about having to open up the shaker motor and try to drop a oil in there without making a mess on my new $11,000 pinball machine. I feel bad complaining about it considering what I’m reading about others.

My complaints aside, it is really a wonderful game though.

#2028 2 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

Sorry I don't know the proper word for it. At the far back of the playfield closest to the backbox there is a vertical section that all the building facades and ramps go into. If I pull the playfield out there is a handle on the back of that. It seems like that entire vertical section is sort of wobbly or loose. It just feels weak when I lift by that handle where as my other sterns do not.

Bummer, I lifted mine out last nite and it was solid. I know that is not what you wanted to read, but I would have to assume something is loose.

#2029 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Just got to tank battle, seems incomplete. Hit all the tank shots, but then it wasn’t clear what to hit, nothing really flashing.
Also got to one of the monster pair up battles, same thing, hit the flashing shots then nothing.
Guessing it’s just the code isn’t complete.

Did you shoot the jackpot at the lit Maser Cannon?

#2030 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Did you shoot the jackpot at the lit Maser Cannon?

I don't remember, just don't recall any lit indicator to shoot for.

#2031 2 years ago

DMV folks… come decide which version you prefer… Godzilla pro and premium side by side at Ocelot Brewing in Sterling Va!

81871AFC-D92D-4090-9FCC-C3A9B7F3D08F (resized).jpeg81871AFC-D92D-4090-9FCC-C3A9B7F3D08F (resized).jpeg
#2032 2 years ago

#32 LE in the house.
Any ideas on this issue?

Game plays perfect until/when I chimp flip say in multi-ball ... then flippers go limp (dead) and lower lights in playfield go dark for about 1 full second
Game will continue to play normal after that
Single flips - left or right flipper will not reproduce the effect, to reproduce it (100% of time) requires me to activate both flippers simultaneously

Thoughts?
IMG_4284 (resized).jpgIMG_4284 (resized).jpg

Adding a video of the issue

#2033 2 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

MEZELmods
Illuminated scoop and sign for all machines. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This is a great design. I will be buying most of your Godzilla mods once they are all on the site. Great work!

#2034 2 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

#32 LE in the house.
Any ideas on this issue?
Game plays perfect until/when I chimp flip say in multi-ball ... then flippers go limp (dead) and lower lights in playfield go dark for about 1 full second
Game will continue to play normal after that
Single flips - left or right flipper will not reproduce the effect, to reproduce it (100% of time) requires me to activate both flippers simultaneously
Thoughts?[quoted image]

Sounds like loose connection to node board cutting out from vibration.

First remove glass with the power on. Close the coin door and smack the playfield sharply with the palm of your hand in various places. Can you reproduce the lights going out like this? If yes, then almost certainly a loose connection at a node board.

Open the coin door to cut power. Raise playfield. Recheck the connectors to the node 8 board under the playfield (the rectangular one directly below the apron under the PF by the flippers on the left) which is responsible for the flippers and lower pf lights. Also look for wires that are not securely in the housings that plug into the board. A loose wire in an otherwise tight connector will also do this.

#2035 2 years ago
7D2209B2-7416-4633-97FA-DCD7481EEDF7 (resized).jpeg7D2209B2-7416-4633-97FA-DCD7481EEDF7 (resized).jpeg
#2037 2 years ago

Premium scheduled for delivery Thursday

#2038 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Premium scheduled for delivery Thursday

From Game Exchange? Now I'm nervous, I haven't received my email yet.

#2039 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sounds like loose connection to node board cutting out from vibration.
First remove glass with the power on. Close the coin door and smack the playfield sharply with the palm of your hand in various places. Can you reproduce the lights going out like this? If yes, then almost certainly a loose connection at a node board.
Open the coin door to cut power. Raise playfield. Recheck the connectors to the node 8 board under the playfield (the rectangular one directly below the apron under the PF by the flippers on the left) which is responsible for the flippers and lower pf lights. Also look for wires that are not securely in the housings that plug into the board. A loose wire in an otherwise tight connector will also do this.

Will do - thanks for direction here
Added a video to my original post as well ...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/41#post-6595619

#2040 2 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Will do - thanks for direction here
Added a video to my original post as well ...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/41#post-6595619

Hmm. Not sure what to make of that. If you manually raise both the flippers repeatedly without pressing the flipper buttons, can you get that to happen? Some part of the flipper mech may be shorting out.

Also, maybe the switch blades on the flipper buttons could be shorting out on the ball launch coil or something else. If you raise the playfield and pull it forward a bit then rest on the service rails (so it's out of the way of the flipper buttons) and close the coin door so the coils still work when you press the buttonw, does it still happen? If no I would bet it's a short of the right flipper button switch blade, but verify by just doing the right repeatedly, then the left repeatedly to see if it happens when just one is pressed.

#2041 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Hmm. Not sure what to make of that. If you manually raise both the flippers repeatedly without pressing the flipper buttons, can you get that to happen? Some part of the flipper mech may be shorting out.
Also, maybe the switch blades on the flipper buttons could be shorting out on the ball launch coil or something else. If you raise the playfield and pull it forward a bit then rest on the service rails (so it's out of the way of the flipper buttons) and close the coin door so the coils still work when you press the buttonw, does it still happen? If no I would bet it's a short of the right flipper button switch blade, but verify by just doing the right repeatedly, then the left repeatedly to see if it happens when just one is pressed.

Will try that now.
To add some more info ... it will NOT do it if I flip almost any split second apart. In other words, flip left or right, then instantly flip opposite = no problem
And I can hold both flippers up without them going limp or dropping GI in the lower part of the game

The ONLY time it happens if both are flipped simultaneously. Almost as if the power demand (spike in voltage) in that split second is exceeding supply and causing the node board to temp shut down to protect itself

#2042 2 years ago

Call me stoopid or advise...

Heat action button by your thigh so not to mess with cabinet

Parallel circuit to action button

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2043 2 years ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

Call me stoopid or advise...
Heat action button by your thigh so not to mess with cabinet
Parallel circuit to action button[quoted image]

Wife laughs at me when I use my chin

#2044 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Wife laughs at me when I use my chin

There should have been a 3rd flipper button for the heat ray

Led Zeppelin is a single click action slap, but Godzilla you have to hold down

#2045 2 years ago

I love how it works, adds drama, I get so pissed when I drain

#2046 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

An operator helped me to pick up my pin from Little Shop Of Games (thanks Courtland!) and mentioned that his pro on location was seeing much higher ball damage than normal and that I should replace the balls more frequently than I’m used to.
When installing the playfield protector I noticed the possible cause: a really sharp exposed set of edges in the back left where the ball goes up the left ramp. I had noticed a lot of rattling when this shot doesn’t quite make it and this area appears to be the cause of the ball wear and rattling. (See picture). I cut one of the larger stock rings that I had removed and stuffed it in between the two metal edges in an attempt to lessen this ball damage. I made sure that it sits a bit proud of the edges. After putting it all back together and playing, it seems to make a significant difference with the rattling effect and the rubber appears to want to stay in place.
Anybody have a better idea on how to fix this?
[quoted image][quoted image]

This is really valuable intel'. There was a similar ramp on the shooter lane of my Munsters and the ball would sometimes get pushed into the air then snag on a habit trail and foul the launch. The fix I did, which Stern seems to have adopted for later Munsters builds, was to bevel the edge to smooth the transition. Might do this on my 'Zilla before first play, and as always will start with new balls. Only needed to bevel the starting edge on Munsters but you'd go up as high as you could with GZ.

IMG_4358 (resized).jpegIMG_4358 (resized).jpegIMG_4359 3 (resized).jpegIMG_4359 3 (resized).jpeg
#2047 2 years ago

FedEx showed up late last night but it's here.
20211108_181030.jpg20211108_181030.jpg

Special thanks to Shane at mainehomerec for the great service!

#2048 2 years ago

Anyone who has fiddled around with their sound and gotten good results mind sharing their settings? My LE sounds a bit flat compared to some other games.

#2049 2 years ago

Where does your left spinner shot go? Mine typically goes either to the tailwhip lane or up around the magna grab.

I read on tiltforums rules post that that shot either goes to the upper loop on the right or tailwhip loop. Are you all seeing that left spinner shot go to the upper loop? Just trying to figure out if I need to tweak my game.

#2050 2 years ago
Quoted from kse001:

Anyone who has fiddled around with their sound and gotten good results mind sharing their settings? My LE sounds a bit flat compared to some other games.

I set music attenuation minus 10 and speech attenuation plus 10. Also added powered sub.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
16,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 19.99
Electronics
GMods

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ScottieIA Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
There are 27,339 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/41?hl=chetrico and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.