PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 415 of 548.
#20701 12 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It's interesting mine is level left to right but it rarely goes SDTM ; it hits the left flipper. Around 6.5. The front/back level will give you some differences in where it will land. In addition it will depend on the speed coming out.

Mine used to until I played around with the level. Sometimes goes sdtm sometimes but not 100%. I think that's fair. It was designed to be a dangerous shot with risk/reward. It spots you a shot which is pretty sweet.

#20702 12 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

.... AND the blue plastics on the top.

True! I forgot about those plastics. I replaced them a while ago. Anyway, I feel the force field is still represented with those stand ups.

#20703 12 months ago

The only explanation for how many balls end up there.

22B208D7-50CA-49F2-B00A-FD0871961E17 (resized).jpeg22B208D7-50CA-49F2-B00A-FD0871961E17 (resized).jpeg
#20704 12 months ago
Quoted from cheezywhiz:

[quoted image]

Now imagine if those posts weren’t there.

#20705 12 months ago
Quoted from cheezywhiz:

[quoted image]

There is no shame in moving that lower right post down one hole. The ball will still find plenty of paths to the outlane.

#20706 12 months ago
Quoted from cheezywhiz:

[quoted image]

Outlane drains are a pain on Godzilla.
Gotta love the oxygen destroyer though, frantically trying to save that last ball!

#20707 12 months ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

That's a good point. But is it violating any law if they don't have the Stern logo on it? I don't know the answer. But I don't think so. But maybe, if they are selling a figure that is copyrighted, right? But if it's a mod like that illuminated sign (don't know what it's called, gets great reviews, etc.) would it be against copyright? I'm guessing no, but I am not a lawyer. Nevertheless I think that sign with the giant STERN logo on it would be. That seems clear.
Look, I'm not trying to hijack the thread with this. But I doubt I am the only one that feels this way.

Even without a stern logo, you can't sell shit with "Godzilla" on it without violating toho's copyright. This is true for every sign this guy makes, each one violates two copyrights. And many mods others make as well to be fair.

Also I hate how these makers(there's a few) are just formulaticly(?) making the same mods for every game without any attention to detail. Feels like this guy never spent 10 minutes playing the game.. it's the wrong era Godzilla, and the city scape, if it even is Japan (sorry don't recognize it) certainly doesn't match the 1950-1970s time period. I mean even Lior got this wrong with his new actions button mod.

#20708 12 months ago
Quoted from cheezywhiz:

[quoted image]

Nigel Tufnel is that you?

tap (resized).jpgtap (resized).jpg

#20709 12 months ago
Quoted from Soltic:

Nigel Tufnel is that you?
[quoted image]

That's exactly what I was thinking! Really, at 6 feet, you could drive a truck through that gap!

#20710 12 months ago

Dumb question how is mecha triggered on a Premium?

Is it a switch attached to him so when he gets hit it registers?

Asking because we seem to never trigger him these days and I am not seeing anything in switch test when I rock him back and forth. Looking him over I am not really seeing anything under or behind him.

I am sure I am just overlooking something.

#20711 12 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Dumb question how is mecha triggered on a Premium?
Is it a switch attached to him so when he gets hit it registers?
Asking because we seem to never trigger him these days and I am not seeing anything in switch test when I rock him back and forth. Looking him over I am not really seeing anything under or behind him.
I am sure I am just overlooking something.

There are no switches on Mecha itself. Just the right spinner ramp and three targets there.

http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-godzilla-rulesheet/7210#heading--mechamb

#20712 12 months ago

Added Rodan last night. Moved Minilla by MechaGodzilla spinner. Can’t wait for Stumblor’s building to come out.

D289A8BD-28DB-4B38-8D17-D0F46537F56E (resized).jpegD289A8BD-28DB-4B38-8D17-D0F46537F56E (resized).jpegCCB347D9-2F4E-4652-B6A6-E46038C39FB0 (resized).jpegCCB347D9-2F4E-4652-B6A6-E46038C39FB0 (resized).jpegB1CF6FD7-3599-4C25-9D4B-8161712E5748 (resized).jpegB1CF6FD7-3599-4C25-9D4B-8161712E5748 (resized).jpeg92B9CA01-95D4-42A0-9AE5-A4D9F8F7311A (resized).jpeg92B9CA01-95D4-42A0-9AE5-A4D9F8F7311A (resized).jpeg46A5131D-7DF6-4562-AFB4-AB2C83754214 (resized).jpeg46A5131D-7DF6-4562-AFB4-AB2C83754214 (resized).jpeg
#20713 12 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

There are no switches on Mecha itself. Just the right spinner ramp and three targets there.
http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-godzilla-rulesheet/7210#heading--mechamb

Thanks I just figured it and figured out my issue.

My plastic protector was binding the switch and wouldn't allow the spinner to register. Explains why we couldn't active mecha.

Protector removed and all is well now.

#20714 12 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Thanks I just figured that out and then figured out my issue.
My plastic protector was binding the switch and wouldn't allow the spinner to register. Explains why we couldn't active mecha.
Protector removed and all is well now.

#20715 12 months ago

Pinsider TroyS made these for me, great job!

20230429_171205 (resized).jpg20230429_171205 (resized).jpg
#20716 12 months ago

My premium started having a problem with (lock is lit, get to the roof) balls not registering. Did a test and discovered VUK Exit Opto switch 64 is not working. I removed the building cover (3 screws) and the Opto receiver board is not lit red like the other Opto switches. I am thinking either it is not getting power or its bad. What is the procedure for testing? Thanks in advance!

#20717 12 months ago
Quoted from impact1875:

My premium started having a problem with (lock is lit, get to the roof) balls not registering. Did a test and discovered VUK Exit Opto switch 64 is not working. I removed the building cover (3 screws) and the Opto receiver board is not lit red like the other Opto switches. I am thinking either it is not getting power or its bad. What is the procedure for testing? Thanks in advance!

Did you reseat any connectors on the board or the wires leading to the board? I have not looked at mine to see what connectors there are, but I would first check all relevant connectors.

#20718 12 months ago

First post on this website, but I finally got a GZ premium and I'm loving it despite being just an awful player (but ever so slowly getting better). I have a few questions and apologies if they have been answered already.

I was recommended Cliffy protectors by a pinhead I know but it looks like it already has an equivalent installed for the shooter lane and the scoop (NIB from Stern). Is this true, or are the cliffy's different somehow than what is already there? Any other area of the game I should be extra concerned about protecting?

I've noticed quite a few times I hit the mechagodzilla spinner ramp and the ball jumps onto the nearby rail, is this normal?

I already purchased a shaker motor, some extra pinballs, and a few coil stops to have handy but is there anything else you would recommend? I'm already considering some glow-in-the-dark rubbers, pinstadiums, and art blades but I think my wife would kill me if I ordered all that at once.

#20719 12 months ago
Quoted from DirtyApe:

First post on this website, but I finally got a GZ premium and I'm loving it despite being just an awful player (but ever so slowly getting better). I have a few questions and apologies if they have been answered already.
I was recommended Cliffy protectors by a pinhead I know but it looks like it already has an equivalent installed for the shooter lane and the scoop (NIB from Stern). Is this true, or are the cliffy's different somehow than what is already there? Any other area of the game I should be extra concerned about protecting?
I've noticed quite a few times I hit the mechagodzilla spinner ramp and the ball jumps onto the nearby rail, is this normal?
I already purchased a shaker motor, some extra pinballs, and a few coil stops to have handy but is there anything else you would recommend? I'm already considering some glow-in-the-dark rubbers, pinstadiums, and art blades but I think my wife would kill me if I ordered all that at once.

I would suggest the shooter lane fix sold on this website. Pinball Life also sells a small adhesive metal 'Cliffy' for the area next to the trough eject. I don't personally install anything on my shooter lane.

if the game occasionally ejects two balls at a time into the shooter lane lower the eject strength in the menu.

Jumping into that wireform occasionally happens on mine.

I can't really think of any other must haves that aren't just visually appealing mods.

#20720 12 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

I would suggest the shooter lane fix sold on this website. Pinball Life also sells a small adhesive metal 'Cliffy' for the area next to the trough eject. I don't personally install anything on my shooter lane.
if the game occasionally ejects two balls at a time into the shooter lane lower the eject strength in the menu.
I can't really think of any other must haves that aren't just visually appealing mods.

You might rethink shooter lane protection, even if just mylar. They get chewed up pretty bad. It's only cosmetic, but it's the first mod on every game we've owned.

#20721 12 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

You might rethink shooter lane protection, even if just mylar. They get chewed up pretty bad. It's only cosmetic, but it's the first mod on every game we've owned.

I really enjoy the skill shots in this game. I bought one of those plastic protectors sold on this site but it was more than I wanted to hassle with and I don't want anything messing with the skill shots. But I'll reconsider mylar. My lane still looks great after 700 games though.

#20722 12 months ago

The more I think about it the more I'd say to proactively replace the coil stops. Mine #$@! the bed REALLY fast. Probably less than 200 games in...

#20723 12 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

Take a look at the Abe Flip mod. Your machine may or may not have the shooter rattle issue which it addresses. ChromeCandy has a $20 stainless steel fix for it. Also, if your multiball off the building releases the balls SDTM, there is a great fix by HurryupPinball that installs top of the building to correct that. It is Inexpensive too.

#20724 12 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

Here is a picture and to me it looked like there is already a Cliffy-like protector installed (or maybe I'm thinking of the wrong thing)?
shooterlane (resized).jpgshooterlane (resized).jpg

edit: also thank you for the suggestions everyone. I do have a bit of an issue with the godzilla multiball balls going SDTM so I will consider that mod after trying the plastic adjustment mentioned in this thread.

#20725 12 months ago
Quoted from DirtyApe:

Here is a picture and to me it looked like there is already a Cliffy-like protector installed (or maybe I'm thinking of the wrong thing)?

That's not a Cliffy protector. A Cliffy protector goes onto the wood surface. On the left side it's held in by the two bolts whose heads you see there. On the right it's held in underneath the wood side rail.

I just got a Godzilla yesterday so I'm in this club now! The skill shots are butter smooth on this machine and I really don't want anything messing with them, so I'll probably go with mylar on the shooter lane.

#20726 12 months ago

oops, double post

#20727 12 months ago
Quoted from DirtyApe:

Here is a picture and to me it looked like there is already a Cliffy-like protector installed (or maybe I'm thinking of the wrong thing)?[quoted image]

There is no Cliffy shooter lane protector installed on your machine. His stainless would be quite visible on the left and right of the routed lane cavity. The two parts of his set are shown below
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#20728 12 months ago

Ok thanks for the clarification everyone, I'll look into protecting that shooter lane somehow.

#20729 12 months ago

I will say, I contacted Cliff a few weeks ago about ordering a set for Godzilla and he told me he was still filling orders from November, so you might want to look into other options in the meantime because it’s going to be a while.

#20730 12 months ago
Quoted from DirtyApe:

[quoted image]
edit: also thank you for the suggestions everyone. I do have a bit of an issue with the godzilla multiball balls going SDTM so I will consider that mod after trying the plastic adjustment mentioned in this thread.

Here's what I do on all of mine and it works great.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/255#post-6688937

#20731 12 months ago

Minor problem on the machine I just got. When a ball comes down the wireform returning to the right inlane and reaches the end, it often bounces back up the wireform a few inches instead of falling through right away. Not a problem for gameplay but does throw off my timing. Any suggestions on what to tweak for this?

#20732 12 months ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

Minor problem on the machine I just got. When a ball comes down the wireform returning to the right inlane and reaches the end, it often bounces back up the wireform a few inches instead of falling through right away. Not a problem for gameplay but does throw off my timing. Any suggestions on what to tweak for this?

Can you post a short video of this and also a picture top-down to show a closeup of the affected area?

#20733 12 months ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

Mine was doing the same thing. You just have to bend the top rail up a little.

#20734 12 months ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

About to say the same. Check your alignment on the habitrail may just need some tweaking.

On the mecha jump ball - yeah it happens from time to time for us as well. The metal "diverter" piece on the shield target can be moved a bit (the front slides) to angle the ball more or less. Just loosen the screw and slide it no need to take it apart or anything. This may or may not help. The major reason it is there is to be sure that the angle is right for hitting mecha's belly for the magnet so if moving it messes up his grab just move it back.

#20735 12 months ago
Quoted from impact1875:

That switch has been problematic for me and at least a few others. The wires make sharp bends under the opto board to the solder points and I think it causes them to behave intermittently. Someone else had a bad solder joint from the opto to the board.

The fix is to take it out and inspect and see if anything needs to be fixed/resoldered. After my second round of repairs, I just bought the replacement from pinball life and haven't had a problem since. ::knocks on wood::

#20736 12 months ago

Pinballjah sign came in it’s aweosme … super great woodwork !

IMG_2206 (resized).jpegIMG_2206 (resized).jpegIMG_2207 (resized).jpegIMG_2207 (resized).jpeg
#20737 12 months ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Thanks. You mean this spot here, circled, the top layer of the wireform, right?

inlane.jpginlane.jpg
#20738 12 months ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

Thanks. You mean this spot here, circled, the top layer of the wireform, right?
[quoted image]

That's correct, by bending it up a little bit it gives the ball downward momentum to go through the lower. May have to tweak it a time or two to get it to your liking.

#20739 12 months ago

Every so often my game is kicking out two balls into the shooter lane. It doesn’t happen consistently but enough that I’d like to figure out what’s going on. Any suggestions on possible culprits?

#20740 12 months ago
Quoted from tgarrett09:

Any suggestions on possible culprits?

Correct number of balls in the game and all accounted for ?

Two small opto boards at the end of the ball trough, reseat the connectors and push on tight.

LTG : )

#20741 12 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Correct number of balls in the game and all accounted for ?
Two small opto boards at the end of the ball trough, reseat the connectors and push on tight.
LTG : )

Definitely the correct number of balls. I’ll check the opto connections. Thanks!

#20742 12 months ago

balls could be magnetized as well

#20743 12 months ago
Quoted from DirtyApe:

I put this on my Godzilla

https://mezelmods.com/products/pinball-shooter-lane-protector

I also have pindefenders on my Halloween and Scooby

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1426-pinhead-mods/07186-pindefender-in-metallic-green

#20744 12 months ago
Quoted from tgarrett09:

Every so often my game is kicking out two balls into the shooter lane. It doesn’t happen consistently but enough that I’d like to figure out what’s going on. Any suggestions on possible culprits?

Lower the trough eject power. I literally just mentioned this to someone else LoL.

#20745 12 months ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Did you reseat any connectors on the board or the wires leading to the board? I have not looked at mine to see what connectors there are, but I would first check all relevant connectors.

Yes, I did

Quoted from scootss:

That switch has been problematic for me and at least a few others. The wires make sharp bends under the opto board to the solder points and I think it causes them to behave intermittently. Someone else had a bad solder joint from the opto to the board.
The fix is to take it out and inspect and see if anything needs to be fixed/resoldered. After my second round of repairs, I just bought the replacement from pinball life and haven't had a problem since. ::knocks on wood::

I took both optos out and reflowed all connections and still no good. I contacted Stern today (Sunday) to open a ticket and got a reply within minutes . They suggested swapping the optos with another working pair. The culprit was a bad receiving opto. Stern is sending a replacement with the game still under warranty. Thanks for the help and suggestions.

#20746 12 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

Lower the trough eject power. I literally just mentioned this to someone else LoL.

I’ve already done that first thing so there’s definitely something else going on there.

#20747 11 months ago

Turn the trough ball eject down until it barely gets to the shooter lane....then bump it up 5-10 notches. That greatly helps with less wear.. also a simple piece of mylar does wonders.

#20748 11 months ago

I hope all is well and that everyone is getting time to play this amazing game. I had someone reach out to me today regarding getting a replacement SDTM Roof Mod for their GZ premium. They indicated they bought it from a mod seller and that it was incomplete, damaged, and asked me to send them another one. After doing some digging, it appears there is another party selling a very similar mod to the one I designed and started selling in Dec 2021.

I just wanted to drop a post in here to let everyone know that I sell my mods direct and do not have any reseller who offer my mods for sale. I appreciate the support and always do my best to take care of anyone who buys a mod from me. If you are looking for the HurryUpPinball roof mod, it is only listed for sale in the Pinside shop via the following link:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1368-hurryuppinball/05681-godzilla-prem-le-building-mod-multi-ball-sdtm-fix

I just wanted to clear up any confusion. My GZ roof mod and an install video I created are below. Please let me know if you have any questions. Stay Safe and Play More Pinball!

Untitled (resized).pngUntitled (resized).png
#20749 11 months ago

Twice tonight a ball got stuck under mechagodzillas arm between it and the cabinet. I saw the heat gun recommendation earlier in the thread but does anybody have a mod to prevent the plunge from getting up there in the first place?

#20750 11 months ago
Quoted from DirtyApe:

Twice tonight a ball got stuck under mechagodzillas arm between it and the cabinet. I saw the heat gun recommendation earlier in the thread but does anybody have a mod to prevent the plunge from getting up there in the first place?

I get that too. Not often enough to warrant any mod work though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dixon, IL
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 415 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/415 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.