PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 413 of 548.
#20601 12 months ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

So I finally opened up my game to take a few pics of the shooter rod. Shame on Stern. Honestly, this is pathetic. The rod tip is almost a half inch away from the ball and it hits to the right. This is definitely why the ball hits and bounces around in the Mecha-zilla area.
I ordered a new shooter rod from Reflex Mods. Not only does it look cool, he said that it is longer than the stock Stern and will rest right up to the ball. I'll post a picture after I receive it and get it installed.
Pic 1 - The rods distance from the ball.
Pic 2 - The rod pushed up against the ball so you can see how far off center it is.
Pic 3 - The Reflex Mods shooter I purchased.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I can't speak to your first qualm, but your second can be fairly variable simply based on how you last put the playfield down. Have you tried raising it and lowering it with some additional pressure to the right? This will likely center the plunger.

#20602 12 months ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

I can't speak to your first qualm, but your second can be fairly variable simply based on how you last put the playfield down. Have you tried raising it and lowering it with some additional pressure to the right? This will likely center the plunger.

Yes, or buy these to put in cabinet to centre the playfield. Stern did not put these in Godzilla

https://www.pinballlife.com/switch-plate-left.html

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#20603 12 months ago

Now, for a few pics of some of the Mods I did on my Premium Zilla. More are coming.

Pic 1 - The awesome Tesla Towers. I took teal colored wire and connected it to the electrodes the way they'd be on a real tower. I originally did copper on there, and while it looked great, I wasn't happy with it. I went with the teal to give it some color pop and match some of the teal color in the game.

Jet Jaguar is off to the far right as well.

Pic 2 - The Incredible articulating Godzilla mod from dparnell. This thing is not only awesome, it's a must have mod IMHO.

It comes with the splines painted Metallic purple, which did look cool, but that's not Godzillaesq. I painted them teal blue, went over them with dark blue and then painted all the tips white. I love how it came out.

It not only looks awesome in the game, but with the way the head acticulates back n forth and how body moves, combined with the bright white LED in his mouth that looks like he's blasting his heat ray off the building and bridge, it's absolutely awesome! Couldn't be happier with it.

Here is a link to the mod thread, complete with videos of it working. You have to check it out. It's the best Godzilla out there...period. Mho ⬇️

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interactive-godzilla-mod-for-prem-le

Pic 3 - An Army helicopter taking off from the helipad. Unfortunately, it's not in the position I'd like for it to be, but when I put it even close to where I want it, it hits the glass or gets caught up in the ramp as the building moves up and down.

Pic 4 - A full pf shot showing the army vehicles I added. I have Sabre Jets coming and will add them on in a few weeks.

Pic 5 - Daddio's super cool red, green and white led maser cannon on the far left. And to the right of that is my favorite army add on. It's a rocket launching helicopter doing a hard right bank turn. I love the look of it with that positioning.

Anyway, those are so.e touches I added. I also upgraded the speakers and added in a separate Polk 10" subwoofer under the machine. Why? Cause I'm all about dat bass. Lol

I'll take a few more pics after I get the other mods in and installed. Thanks all!

20230426_112557 (resized).jpg20230426_112557 (resized).jpg20230426_112618 (resized).jpg20230426_112618 (resized).jpg20230426_112628 (resized).jpg20230426_112628 (resized).jpg20230426_112645 (resized).jpg20230426_112645 (resized).jpg20230426_112655 (resized).jpg20230426_112655 (resized).jpg
#20604 12 months ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

Oh, I know I can definitely adjust where the rod hits the ball, but I'm not even bothering till I install the new one. I'll install it and get it lined up perfectly.

Thanks brother.

#20605 12 months ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

So I finally opened up my game to take a few pics of the shooter rod. Shame on Stern. Honestly, this is pathetic. The rod tip is almost a half inch away from the ball and it hits to the right. This is definitely why the ball hits and bounces around in the Mecha-zilla area.
I ordered a new shooter rod from Reflex Mods. Not only does it look cool, he said that it is longer than the stock Stern and will rest right up to the ball. I'll post a picture after I receive it and get it installed.
Pic 1 - The rods distance from the ball.
Pic 2 - The rod pushed up against the ball so you can see how far off center it is.
Pic 3 - The Reflex Mods shooter I purchased.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You can also add washers as needed to shim the shooter rod closer to the ball (add on inside of cabinet) or farther away from the ball (add on outside of cabinet).

The outer and inner spring lengths and tensions also play into shooter rod resting position as well.

#20606 12 months ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Machine downloaded latest code update:
What the hell is being said at the end of ball??
"We are tallying up the damage that Jason (weson, weasal, geeson) has laid on the city?"

Noticed this too…Anyone else annoyed by this as much as I am?! It’s super tacky and I wish stern would just put back in ‘godzilla’.

#20607 12 months ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

Now, for a few pics of some of the Mods I did on my Premium Zilla. More are coming.
Pic 1 - The awesome Tesla Towers. I took teal colored wire and connected it to the electrodes the way they'd be on a real tower. I originally did copper on there, and while it looked great, I wasn't happy with it. I went with the teal to give it some color pop and match some of the teal color in the game.
Pic 2 - The Incredible articulating Godzilla mod from dparnell. This thing is not only awesome, it's a must have mod IMHO.
It comes with the splines painted Metallic purple, which did look cool, but that's not Godzillaesq. I painted them teal blue, went over them with dark blue and then painted all the tips white. I love how it came out.
It not only looks awesome in the game, but with the way the head acticulates back n forth and how body moves, combined with the bright white LED in his mouth that looks like he's blasting his heat ray off the building and bridge, it's absolutely awesome! Couldn't be happier with it.
Here is a link to the mod thread, complete with videos of it working. You have to check it out. It's the best Godzilla out there...period. Mho ⬇️
Pic 3 - An Army helicopter taking off from the helipad. Unfortunately, it's not in the position I'd like for it to be, but when I put it even close to where I want it, it hits the glass or gets caught up in the ramp as the building moves up and down.
Pic 4 - A full pf shot showing the army vehicles I added. I have Sabre Jets coming and will add them on in a few weeks.
Pic 5 - Daddio's super cool red, green and white led maser cannon on the far left. And to the right of that is my favorite army add on. It's a rocket launching helicopter doing a hard right bank turn. I love the look of it with that positioning.
Anyway, those are so.e touches I added. I also upgraded the speakers and added in a separate Polk 10" subwoofer under the machine. Why? Cause I'm all about dat bass. Lol
I'll take a few more pics after I get the other mods in and installed. Thanks all!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

holy christ that's a pile of stuff piled in there

#20608 12 months ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Yes, or buy these to put in cabinet to centre the playfield. Stern did not put these in Godzilla
https://www.pinballlife.com/switch-plate-left.html
[quoted image]

Yeah, I always put the pf down easy and right into its drop slots. Never off kilter, left or right. That's not the issue. The rod itself is legitimately off. I'd have to loosen the rod housing, center it and tighten it. That's the only way to fix that issue. I'll do that when the new shooter rod gets here. Looking forward to it.

That aside, I do have those in my PBL basket with some other things I'm buying for it, including the mod extension power board and some wires. I just wasn't done with the order yet. I'll have to finish that off and place an order.

Thanks brother!

#20609 12 months ago

Quoted from Pinfidel:

Yeah, I always put the pf down easy and right into its drop slots. Never off kilter, left or right. That's not the issue. The rod itself is legitimately off. I'd have to loosen the rod housing, center it and tighten it. That's the only way to fix that issue. I'll do that when the new shooter rod gets here. Looking forward to it.
That aside, I do have those in my PBL basket with some other things I'm buying for it, including the mod extension power board and some wires. I just wasn't done with the order yet. I'll have to finish that off and place an order.
Thanks brother!

I think when you lower & center PF from vibrations & nudging it has enough play 20 - 50mm to shift over. I just bought my switch plates I'll update everyone after they're installed.

#20610 12 months ago
Quoted from acedanger:

I think when you lower & center PF from vibrations & nudging it has enough play 20 - 50mm to shift over. I just bought my switch plates I'll update everyone after they're installed.

Dumb question - where do these mount?

#20611 12 months ago

Question for those who've downloaded the new update code:

When you download the new code, does it still keep track of your total games played and balls played?

My machine only has 107 games played on it right now, and if everything resets to zero after the update, I want to take pics for proof before I update it.

Thanks.

#20612 12 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Inside of cabinet for some odd reason some runs have them & some don't

Quoted from Pinfidel:

When you download the new code, does it still keep track of your total games played and balls played?
My machine only has 107 games played on it right now, and if everything resets to zero after the update, I want to take pics for proof before I update it.
Thanks.

Should keep everything

#20613 12 months ago
Quoted from northerndude:

holy christ that's a pile of stuff piled in there

I wish Pinside had a crying laughing emoji. I literally cracked up laughing after reading your post.

Yeah, I love mods. I have a bunch more things I'm adding too.

The key to mods is doing tasteful stuff that not only enhances the machines looks, but setting them up in a way where they don't block your sight lines or distract you during game play.

#20614 12 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

There’s a key post about it, toward the bottom of list of key posts.

#20615 12 months ago

#20616 12 months ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I suppose it depends on your height but I'd be worried about some of those mods blocking my view of the ball.

On Godzilla I feel like the back right is the big void area that needs something. And I'd like to eventually find something to jazz up the Maser Cannon area. But I've tried to be conservative everywhere else

#20617 12 months ago
Quoted from BlackBelt:

Noticed this too…Anyone else annoyed by this as much as I am?! It’s super tacky and I wish stern would just put back in ‘godzilla’.

My girlfriend caught the reference. Apparently it's this guy:

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/waison-cheng

I'd also prefer that this sort of Easter egg be a bit more rare. I heard it within 2-3 games of updating. If we didn't watch a lot of pinball YouTube in the background while working from home we wouldn't have had a clue who he was.

Edit: And I don't me to slam the guy. He seems nice enough in the streams..But if you don't know who he is it sounds like gibberish or that the voice actor flubbed his line.

#20618 12 months ago

I gotta be honest. My update is set to manual. I haven't update since .3. Not seeing many reasons to. I'm happy with where I am.

#20619 12 months ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

Thanks.

All of the audits will remain.

#20620 12 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

I'd also prefer that this sort of Easter egg be a bit more rare. I heard it within 2-3 games of updating. If we didn't watch a lot of pinball YouTube in the background while working from home we wouldn't have had a clue who he was.

Cool cool cool…so a guy’s name that didn't even work on the pin replaced Godzilla…on my Godzilla themed pinball machine. Next thing you know Stern’s gonna go full ‘George Lucas’ and replace video footage of the monsters in modes with Stern employees.

#20621 12 months ago

That makes no sense?? Why would you put a podcast person on a unrelated pin? Maybe I misunderstood this...

but also...

TIL there's a Brookes and Dunn machine.

#20622 12 months ago
Quoted from BlackBelt:

Cool cool cool…so a guy’s name that didn't even work on the pin replaced Godzilla…on my Godzilla themed pinball machine. Next thing you know Stern’s gonna go full ‘George Lucas’ and replace video footage of the monsters in modes with Stern employees.

Maybe it helps Gary pay them less?

#20623 12 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

That makes no sense?? Why would you put a podcast person on a unrelated pin? Maybe I misunderstood this...
but also...
TIL there's a Brookes and Dunn machine.

He's a Stern Employee. Among I assume other things he did code for JP Home pin.

#20624 12 months ago
Quoted from BlackBelt:

I think it's fun and funny. Why not have a little fun with stuff once in awhile? They had a good Waison callout in Avengers Infinity Quest too.

#20625 12 months ago

After having this machine in the house for almost a year... I visited planet x for the first time today. Needless to say, I'm liking the new code.

#20626 12 months ago

#20627 12 months ago

I'm posting this here because GZ seems to be so popular, but I was thinking it might be an interesting 'spreadsheet' on Pinside that tracks how long people keep specific games (not just games in general). Obviously there's some collectiosn with games for decades, but I think the 'newer' generation games would be interesting to see how often they change hands.

#20628 12 months ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Question:
In middle of a game, MechGz MB.
Upper left flipper started randomly firing
Then just stopped working.
Tried switch test. Flipper Did not work
No technician alerts.
Game is still on. Ball 2
Even as I am writing this must tried the flipper and it fired up then died again.
Buttom 2 flippers both working fine. Just the upper left that has stopped responding
Help. Thank you

Have you lifted the playfield to check out the flipper mech? Everything look okay visually? Turn the game off first.

#20629 12 months ago

no flipper response.

UPDATE:

Solder broke off once I touched it.
Discovered broken connection.
Will solder back. Thank you for the help.

Quoted from AMartin56:

Have you lifted the playfield to check out the flipper mech? Everything look okay visually? Turn the game off first.

EDA3B7F2-8CDD-4D3E-9DB8-D4C4C32AB72A (resized).jpegEDA3B7F2-8CDD-4D3E-9DB8-D4C4C32AB72A (resized).jpeg

#20630 12 months ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

no flipper response.
UPDATE:
Solder broke off once I touched it.
Discovered broken connection.
Will solder back. Thank you for the help.

[quoted image]

Always grab suspect wires and give them a firm pull.

A janky solder joint will reveal itself.

Also a pull after a new joint you solder has cooled; that way you know it's solid.

RussM

#20631 12 months ago

Weird thing just happened. I logged in, my name showed under the score. Played a great game 1B. When it ended it asked me to put in my initials?

Usually I just hit the heatray button and it puts my login up. But I had to manually put one in. I freaked cause I was stressed I didn't get credit. Hah.

#20632 12 months ago

What is the edge molding called if I wanted to make it a different color like on certain sterns? Just trying to find some different colors but I am not sure what wording to use to find the right product.

#20633 12 months ago
Quoted from Fsdre:

What is the edge molding called if I wanted to make it a different color like on certain sterns? Just trying to find some different colors but I am not sure what wording to use to find the right product.

T molding?

#20634 12 months ago
Quoted from Fsdre:

T molding

Go to www.t-molding.com for a massive selection and you can get free samples sent to you

#20635 12 months ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

The key to mods is doing tasteful stuff that not only enhances the machines looks...

I guess "tasteful" and "enhances" is in the eye of the beholder

#20636 12 months ago
Quoted from Fsdre:

As others of said, go to www.t-molding.com. For size you want 3/4" and 20 feet of it is more than enough for one machine. I went with Light Blue on my GZ premium and it looks amazing! It took me less than 30 minutes to swap out.

#20638 12 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

I suppose it depends on your height but I'd be worried about some of those mods blocking my view of the ball.
On Godzilla I feel like the back right is the big void area that needs something. And I'd like to eventually find something to jazz up the Maser Cannon area. But I've tried to be conservative everywhere else

That's what's so awesome about modding. Some like tons of mods, some like bare bones stock and others somewhere in between. There's something for everyone out there.

As for your view being blocked... While I'm 6'2", my wife and daughter (5'8" & 5'6") have had no complaints. But not everyone is the same.

As for the upper right "dead" area, Diddys Tesla Towers are the best thing out there. Those things look absolutely killer, and to have them light up with that awesome blue colored light the way they do is the icing on the cake.

#20639 12 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

Edit: And I don't me to slam the guy. He seems nice enough in the streams..But if you don't know who he is it sounds like gibberish or that the voice actor flubbed his line.

Why the heck would Stern put this guy's (or any person's name for that matter) in any of the call outs? Especially at the end when you want to hear Godzilla's damage, not some guy no one knows. They'd better re-code it and take it completely out. #Dumb

#20640 12 months ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

Weird thing just happened. I logged in, my name showed under the score. Played a great game 1B. When it ended it asked me to put in my initials?
Usually I just hit the heatray button and it puts my login up. But I had to manually put one in. I freaked cause I was stressed I didn't get credit. Hah.

Thats cause when you weren't looking, your machine downloaded the new code.

#20641 12 months ago
Quoted from KidRichard:

As others of said, go to www.t-molding.com. For size you want 3/4" and 20 feet of it is more than enough for one machine. I went with Light Blue on my GZ premium and it looks amazing! It took me less than 30 minutes to swap out.

I've changed the T-molding out on several games of mine over the years. The light blue color choice sounds awesome. Please post up a few pics. I'd love to see it.

#20642 12 months ago
Quoted from Bundy:

I guess "tasteful" and "enhances" is in the eye of the beholder

Amen brother! Just like a person's choice in their significant other. One may find the person stunning and another find them a hideous beast. The point... Never eorry about what someone else thinks. As long as YOU'RE happy and the person YOU'RE with enhances YOUR life, that's all that matters.

#20643 12 months ago
Quoted from KidRichard:

any special tools required for the install?

#20644 12 months ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

I've changed the T-molding out on several games of mine over the years. The light blue color choice sounds awesome. Please post up a few pics. I'd love to see it.

As luck would have it, I have an image of the job halfway done to show the difference!
received_433881525351318 (resized).jpegreceived_433881525351318 (resized).jpeg

As for special tools - no. Just some clippers and maybe an exacto blade for some minor cleanup. If you haven't done it before there are many youtube videos to help you along. Most important tip is to make sure you clip out the "tab" along the bottom where you are bending it around the corners.

#20645 12 months ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

That's what's so awesome about modding. Some like tons of mods, some like bare bones stock and others somewhere in between. There's something for everyone out there.
As for your view being blocked... While I'm 6'2", my wife and daughter (5'8" & 5'6") have had no complaints. But not everyone is the same.
As for the upper right "dead" area, Diddys Tesla Towers are the best thing out there. Those things look absolutely killer, and to have them light up with that awesome blue colored light the way they do is the icing on the cake.

Quoted from Pinfidel:

Why the heck would Stern put this guy's (or any person's name for that matter) in any of the call outs? Especially at the end when you want to hear Godzilla's damage, not some guy no one knows. They'd better re-code it and take it completely out. #Dumb

Quoted from Pinfidel:

Thats cause when you weren't looking, your machine downloaded the new code.

Quoted from Pinfidel:

Quoted from Pinfidel:

Amen brother! Just like a person's choice in their significant other. One may find the person stunning and another find them a hideous beast. The point... Never eorry about what someone else thinks. As long as YOU'RE happy and the person YOU'RE with enhances YOUR life, that's all that matters.

You can quote multiple posts all in one post, just FYI.

#20646 12 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Any GZ owners have the Pingraffix Power Bladez if so would love to hear some feedback on them and perhaps some additional video while playing the game vs attract mode.

Was there any videos posted on this yet?

#20647 12 months ago

This is on an arcade game but same deal, really.

I use a razor knife or side cutters on the t-molding and a rubber mallet with a soft cloth for padding to bang the new stuff in.

You have to cut the rib to go around outside or inside corners smoothly.

Not hard, just go slow.

RussM

Quoted from Baggerman:

any special tools required for the install?

#20648 12 months ago

#20649 12 months ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

You can quote multiple posts all in one post, just FYI.

Been here almost 10 years my friend, I know and thanks. I just prefer to answer each person individually. Makes it more personal.

This is for you though. ⬇️

Quoted from KidRichard:

As luck would have it, I have an image of the job halfway done to show the difference.

That looks nice brother.

I actually have that exact light blue color as well as white. I was debating which color I was going to use for my South Park, so I bought both.

The only thing I was considering was sending all the armor out for powder coating in a sparkle green color. Then adding green T-molding to match.

Oh the possibilities.Lol

Below is my RFM I restored with all new silver sparkle paint, decals and green T-molding as opposed to the red.

Then my TFLE Combo.

Lastly (and my personal favorite) is the BPM I restored for my daughter. I did the whole cabinet over with black paint all inside, yellow formica on the outside, new decals and control panel, and the T-molding in pink. It's straight up eye candy and I dont think I'll ever sell it.
Screenshot_20230427_144602_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230427_144602_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230427_144712_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230427_144712_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230427_144924_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230427_144924_Gallery (resized).jpg

#20650 12 months ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

I'm an audio engineer. I've worked sessions where the V.O. talent says something funny...cool...that was hilarious in the studio, it's not funny to anyone else outside that context.

It needs to go...how would Mandalorian owners feel if Stern got Carl Weathers back in and replaced 'Mando' with 'Keith'.

Here is a great clip that illustrates my opinion. The callouts are deliberate for a reason...they draw you into the experience.

https://www.shacknews.com/article/125582/carl-weathers-provided-all-the-callouts-for-this-mandalorian-stern-pinball-machine

The callouts should support the theme and the ability for the player to get immersed in said theme...not make you cringe. DeadFlip Am I off base here? I know it may seem trivial...but it's just an odd thing to slip in there.

'Wamps' or the goat in the chair...those all pertain to the game...they're fun an add to the enjoyment.

When I work on a record I'm happy to have my name in the credits...I dont need the band to go back and say my name in a song...that would be tacky...like this callout. #rantover

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

5,980 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Myers, FL
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 413 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/413 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.