PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 412 of 548.
#20551 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Been trying out the game on the default “early” setting. Games can still be epically long even this way, so it’s making more sense. Especially for location play. Even on early, almost no one but highly skilled players would see Planet X on location. Had a game today got to KOTM and it was like 40 mins long. this may help quell the rare complaint about the game that it just plays too long.

Yeah, I like that you have the choice after two cities if you want to go to Planet X or keep trying to conquer the remaining cities. So far if I've been choosing Planet X early to get more experience at it and KOTM, but the trade off is lower scores than if you go to all of the cities. Glad Stern made it the default or I wouldn't have been abe to let myself try it...

Yesterday I got to Planet X twice and in one game - one shot away from finishing KOTM, but only 3.3B which isn't even half of my high score.

awesome1 IC Screenshot 2023-04-23 (resized).jpgawesome1 IC Screenshot 2023-04-23 (resized).jpg
#20552 1 year ago

Anyone know what this sticker is on the back of the Drake Building (premium)? It seems to be peeling off on mine and I wanted to find out if its important in any way before deciding to remove it or re-affix it.

20230424_161206 (resized).jpg20230424_161206 (resized).jpg20230424_161552 (resized).jpg20230424_161552 (resized).jpg
#20553 1 year ago

Any GZ owners have the Pingraffix Power Bladez if so would love to hear some feedback on them and perhaps some additional video while playing the game vs attract mode.

#20554 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Any GZ owners have the Pingraffix Power Bladez if so would love to hear some feedback on them and perhaps some additional video while playing the game vs attract mode.

I've got the power bladez and I love them, if fact I swapped out my mirror blades for them. Install is simple. The overall effect is lost during gameplay as your more focused on the ball then the scenery. They bring more to the game for the onlookers and in attract mode. Still, at the end of the day, there cool as fuck.

#20555 1 year ago

I absolutely love the look of the Powerbladez. They're incredible. Of all the awesome things they could've done with these one's would've been to light up Godzilla's heat ray. I wish they had done the artwork with Godzilla blazing his heat ray down the length of the blade and lit it all up like lightning. That would've been stellar.

#20556 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

I've got the power bladez and I love them, if fact I swapped out my mirror blades for them. Install is simple. The overall effect is lost during gameplay as your more focused on the ball then the scenery. They bring more to the game for the onlookers and in attract mode. Still, at the end of the day, there cool as fuck.

Thanks. Was concerned about them being distracting during the game.

I mean they are beyond cool and I can imagine being fascinated with them in the game for sure especially if they add to the look of course

#20557 1 year ago

i'm getting nowhere in this game and still loving the shit out of it.

#20558 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Thanks. Was concerned about them being distracting during the game.
I mean they are beyond cool and I can imagine being fascinated with them in the game for sure especially if they add to the look of course

If your already leaning in their direction, you will not be disappointed.

#20559 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

so heat ray is a nuke for playfield that grabs all lit shots? Sweet.

Yes, exactly.

There's also the "building exit shot" to the left of the building that will collect (spot) the ONE left most lit shot on the playfield.

#20560 1 year ago

Looking for some advice. The building opto works intermittently which is pretty annoying since it is, of course, what triggers the magna-ball-flinger, Godzilla multiball, and Destruction Jackpot.

I've noticed that the little red light on the optoboard often starts out bright, dims as you keep playing, and once it is off the opto no longer works. The red light sometimes turns back on, but I can't find a pattern as to why.

Before I start tearing things apart and reflowing optoboards, I was curious if anyone else has had this happen. I feel like I saw a thread on this a while ago, but I can't seem to locate it. I already tried cleaning the opto, but since the red light goes out and the board stops, it doesn't seem to matter. Do I need a new board? Should I reflow the board connection? Is it another problem?

The part that is perplexing to me is that it always works in the beginning, but then the light dims and goes out. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

20230424_184910 (resized).jpg20230424_184910 (resized).jpg
#20561 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

Yes, exactly.
There's also the "building exit shot" to the left of the building that will collect (spot) the ONE left most lit shot on the playfield.

A.K.A. the wallop shot.

#20562 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptiveJet:

The part that is perplexing to me is that it always works in the beginning, but then the light dims and goes out. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

I'd reflow. Could be an intermittent thing that gets worse with heat. Just a guess though.

#20563 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptiveJet:

Looking for some advice. The building opto works intermittently which is pretty annoying since it is, of course, what triggers the magna-ball-flinger, Godzilla multiball, and Destruction Jackpot.
I've noticed that the little red light on the optoboard often starts out bright, dims as you keep playing, and once it is off the opto no longer works. The red light sometimes turns back on, but I can't find a pattern as to why.
Before I start tearing things apart and reflowing optoboards, I was curious if anyone else has had this happen. I feel like I saw a thread on this a while ago, but I can't seem to locate it. I already tried cleaning the opto, but since the red light goes out and the board stops, it doesn't seem to matter. Do I need a new board? Should I reflow the board connection? Is it another problem?
The part that is perplexing to me is that it always works in the beginning, but then the light dims and goes out. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you![quoted image]

I can't explain why it gets worse the more you play but I had a flaky right ramp exit opto emitter.

I pulled it completely apart. Even the black 'frame' should be removed from the opto PCB It was then obvious that one of the legs on the opto 'bulb' was not soldered properly. I added solder and it's been fine since. Until I took it completely apart the problem wasn't obvious.

That one definitely sounds like more of a PITA to get to though.

#20564 1 year ago

I’ve played my Premium about 500x and think what happened for the first time has to be related to the 1.05 but I didn’t see it in the specs. During multiball the magna grab kept grabbing until it was holding 4 balls out of 6!! How do I access this again on purpose? It was awesome. Please tell me it wasn’t my game glitching.

CEB323BE-EAB6-4ECC-91E0-C0DCC5708D30 (resized).jpegCEB323BE-EAB6-4ECC-91E0-C0DCC5708D30 (resized).jpeg
#20565 1 year ago
Quoted from Blast:

I’ve played my Premium about 500x and think what happened for the first time has to be related to the 1.05 but I didn’t see it in the specs. During multiball the magna grab kept grabbing until it was holding 4 balls out of 6!! How do I access this again on purpose? It was awesome. Please tell me it wasn’t my game glitching.
[quoted image]

Time fr new balls, magnatized

#20566 1 year ago

How do you guys get the 1.05 update just so it manually? When I go into the net menu and do check for updates it tells me there are none yet I am on 1.04 code.

#20567 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

How do you guys get the 1.05 update just so it manually? When I go into the net menu and do check for updates it tells me there are none yet I am on 1.04 code.

Just leave the machine switched on and it will eventually download and install if you have it set to automatic updates. When I switched mine on and checked, it also said no updates on the check for updates option. I played it for a while, then left it and when I got back it was part way through downloading. Give it time and it will happen. My IMDN was switched on at the same time, and started updating within 5 minutes.

Skippy2904.

#20568 1 year ago

Something to watch out for…

Seems the wiring to the right scoop switch can be kinda tight. The scoop worked its way a little loose and the blades broke right off the switch.

I know these microswitch terminals like to break off these days, but i think the things above triggered it.

When replacing the switch I rerouted the wires a bit to create more slack. Just made the branch come out of the loom a liitle sooner and come out the side rather than under and around.

IMG_4539 (resized).jpegIMG_4539 (resized).jpeg

Tightening the scoop was just the two screws behind it. Just take off the one plastic above to access

IMG_4540 (resized).jpegIMG_4540 (resized).jpeg

#20569 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I have them. They look really cool. My only complaint is that the EL Inverter makes this crazy high-pitched noise. You don’t notice during gameplay, but in attract mode when it is quiet, the noise is annoying.

#20570 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

Pinball uses the word "spot" (as in "I'll spot you 5 points" in a game - I'll give you 5 points for free)...but as the rules show "collect" is much clearer word!

Totally agree. I've also been hesitant as to what "spot" meant. "Collect" would be much better to use in games.

#20571 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

I have them. They look really cool. My only complaint is that the EL Inverter makes this crazy high-pitched noise. You don’t notice during gameplay, but in attract mode when it is quiet, the noise is annoying.

I have a set of Powerbladez in my LOTR and they are dead silent in attract mode. I wonder if you have an issue with a control box (if yours has one) or something.

I'd reach out to Joe (who is all world awesome) at PinGraphix and ask him if that's normal.

#20572 1 year ago

Anyone else getting a weird audio artifact since the latest update? I get a high pitched squeal whenever I register a shot like a ramp during a mode, or even spinner shot.

#20573 1 year ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:Just got the game last month and wow! Don't think I've ever experienced something like this where everything just clicks pretty much every time I play. A few games have initially been like this for me: Willy Wonka, Medieval Madness, Stranger Things through 200 plays sure... but the holding power of Godzilla is still going through 300 plays and I get bored fairly easy!
My only gripe thus far is the Destruction Jackpot shot seems very hard or something is off with how it drops my ball. Playing at 6.5 degrees and leveled it multiple times; so maybe that's just the shot.
Also working on something a lil different for this game to help me and a friend understand it more; in graphic form! ha
[quoted image]

Thank you for putting that rulesheet graphic together! That's awesome, great job, reminds me of how JJP does there's.

I'm about to pull the trigger on a Godzilla Premium for the June run. Sold a couple games to make room and free up some pinball funds.

#20574 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptiveJet:

Are you sure you fully understand the functionality here? From my understanding the opto does NOT **trigger** the things you stated.. It's the switch in the playfield that triggers them. The opto is responsible for determining the direction the ball is going (in or out) but the switch is responsible for triggering the events and how it knows whether the ball actually made it through the building all the way or not.

There are certain modes where you don't have to go all the way through to get credit for them. For example, jet fighter registration, rampage shot registration are two that I know of. As far as I know the opto is responsible for this.

#20575 1 year ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

Are you sure you fully understand the functionality here? From my understanding the opto does NOT **trigger** the things you stated.. It's the switch in the playfield that triggers them. The opto is responsible for determining the direction the ball is going (in or out) but the switch is responsible for triggering the events and how it knows whether the ball actually made it through the building all the way or not.
There are certain modes where you don't have to go all the way through to get credit for them. For example, jet fighter registration, rampage shot registration are two that I know of. As far as I know the opto is responsible for this.

I could be wrong, but the way I figured out that the opto plays at least some role in triggering the magna-flinger, GZ MB, and Destruction JP is that through tinkering and hitting switches with the glass off. The physical switch next to the building works consistently and has not given me any problems; even when those events stop working, the physical switch works. Once the opto switch stops responding, however, so does magna-flinger, GZ MB, And Destruction JP. It's possible that it's a combination of both switches, but the opto is definitely involved. If you don't believe me, disconnect your opto receiver and try for yourself.

Also, it makes sense that it would be involved in triggering those events otherwise a weak wallop would produce the same results. Magna-grab, however, is unaffected since it is triggered by the captive ball.

#20576 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptiveJet:

I could be wrong, but the way I figured out that the opto plays at least some role in triggering the magna-flinger, GZ MB, and Destruction JP is that through tinkering and hitting switches with the glass off. The physical switch next to the building works consistently and has not given me any problems; even when those events stop working, the physical switch works. Once the opto switch stops responding, however, so does magna-flinger, GZ MB, And Destruction JP. It's possible that it's a combination of both switches, but the opto is definitely involved. If you don't believe me, disconnect your opto receiver and try for yourself.
Also, it makes sense that it would be involved in triggering those events otherwise a weak wallop would produce the same results. Magna-grab, however, is unaffected since it is triggered by the captive ball.

I might be wrong, but I'd think it would be reading both switches. If the wallop lane registers without the entrance opto registering first then the game would think the wallop lane shot through the back of the building was hit.

If the entrance opto registers and is followed by the wallop lane switch then the game would think the shot went through the building and turns on the magnet.

#20577 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I might be wrong, but I'd think it would be reading both switches. If the wallop lane registers without the entrance opto registering first then the game would think the wallop lane shot through the back of the building was hit.
If the entrance opto registers and is followed by the wallop lane switch then the game would think the shot went through the building and turns on the magnet.

Yes, I guess you're both right - both switches have to play a part in determining which way the ball is going, so OP you're probably onto something that the opto on yours is having an issue.

#20578 1 year ago

I am having trouble activating Planet X following the latest update. I play tank multiball and bridge multiball, activate tesla strike, and do a kaiju battle. But then nothing. It should be an option in City select, right? Do I need to progress through those 4 activities a certain degree? I have double checked that the default’Easy’ planet X is the game setting. Thanks in advance

#20579 1 year ago
Quoted from Caponicus:

I am having trouble activating Planet X following the latest update. I play tank multiball and bridge multiball, activate tesla strike, and do a kaiju battle. But then nothing. It should be an option in City select, right? Do I need to progress through those 4 activities a certain degree? I have double checked that the default’Easy’ planet X is the game setting. Thanks in advance

Sounds like you may be missing the last step:

- Leave Tokyo and light "Select City" again

Are you doing that?

#20580 1 year ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

Are you doing that?

Not sure I did that. Will give it a try. You’re saying to leave and go to New York or wherever, then shoot the scoop again even without doing a kaiju there?

#20581 1 year ago
Quoted from Caponicus:

Not sure I did that. Will give it a try. You’re saying to leave and go to New York or wherever, then shoot the scoop again even without doing a kaiju there?

Correct.. You have to go to another city, and then you need to qualify Select City by hitting both ramps, and then once you hit the scoop after that you should have the option to do Planet X.

#20582 1 year ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

Correct.. You have to go to another city, and then you need to qualify Select City by hitting both ramps, and then once you hit the scoop after that you should have the option to do Planet X.

I think in the second city you at least need to have done the tier 1 and 2 kaiju battles to move on to the 3rd city

#20583 1 year ago

I haven't updated yet. I don't want to go to Planet X early. I like the settings before the update. AFTER I update do I need to change anything? Or is the default the old way?

#20584 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

I haven't updated yet. I don't want to go to Planet X early. I like the settings before the update. AFTER I update do I need to change anything? Or is the default the old way?

Default is “early” or the new way. The nice thing is you don’t have to go Planet X early. You can choose to go to more cities instead. Planet X just becomes an option. If you don’t want that option then change the setting to “normal”

#20585 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Glad Stern made it the default or I wouldn't have been abe to let myself try it...

Absolutely! I love that they made it the default. Really opens up the game more.

#20586 1 year ago

Just did my part supporting pinball on location. Even played a game of Godzilla. But I felt terrible for this machine. The balls were BLACK. We need to get a crew together to rescue it....

PXL_20230425_164620359 (resized).jpgPXL_20230425_164620359 (resized).jpgPXL_20230425_164622158 (resized).jpgPXL_20230425_164622158 (resized).jpg
#20587 1 year ago
Quoted from Blast:

[quoted image]

Yes, it's update related. Mine did it also. It's a neat new feature in my opinion.

#20588 1 year ago
Quoted from Blast:

[quoted image]

Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Yes, it's update related. Mine did it also. It's a neat new feature in my opinion.

I have not had this happen before or after the latest update...

#20589 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I have not had this happen before or after the latest update...

Interesting. It's gotta be associated with a particular mode or multiball. Unfortunately, I don't remember what mode I started when it happened....lol

#20590 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Interesting. It's gotta be associated with a particular mode or multiball. Unfortunately, I don't remember what mode I started when it happened....lol

it happened to me and i dont remember what mode i was in.. i paniced and shut the machine off out of fear of frying a board, magnet, etc. I know i am soft...

#20591 1 year ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

Just did my part supporting pinball on location. Even played a game of Godzilla. But I felt terrible for this machine. The balls were BLACK. We need to get a crew together to rescue it....[quoted image][quoted image]

that PF is actually pretty clean.

Godzilla is a game that gets dark ball trails in just days on location..

#20592 1 year ago

One thing I don't like from the new update. My drop from the magnet for Destruction is farther away,
It's been mint since I got the game. Now its dropping further to tip of flipper.

#20593 1 year ago

I thought I was dreaming about this, but I believe that is occurring with mine too. Find it hard to hit the destruction jackpot now.

Quoted from northerndude:

One thing I don't like from the new update. My drop from the magnet for Destruction is farther away,
It's been mint since I got the game. Now its dropping further to tip of flipper.

#20594 1 year ago
Quoted from jedi42:

I thought I was dreaming about this, but I believe that is occurring with mine too. Find it hard to hit the destruction jackpot now.

Mine has always dropped at the tip… maybe just maybe mine will do opposite now

#20595 1 year ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

Are you doing that?

Quoted from mcvetyty:

Quoted from KneeKickLou:

I think in the second city you at least need to have done the tier 1 and 2 kaiju battles to move on to the 3rd city

Yeah, when it says "light 'Select City' again", it implies you qualify that light. Which means (on city 2 and beyond), doing a tier 1 and tier 2 Kaiju battle. Note that before you can select planet X, you'd have to also complete power/tanks/bridge at least once between those two cities. If you haven't you can stay in the 2nd city until you do (not forced out until you complete all of those in a city)

#20596 1 year ago
Quoted from jedi42:

I was hitting destruction jackpots pretty consistently last week. I think I've hit maybe one on the initial flip since the latest code update. I figured I was just in a slump, but now I'm wondering if maybe the ball isn't falling in the same place it used to. Hard to think that could be caused by a code change though.. unless the code is doing more than just switching the magnet from ON to OFF.

#20597 1 year ago
Quoted from cheezywhiz:

I was hitting destruction jackpots pretty consistently last week. I think I've hit maybe one on the initial flip since the latest code update. I figured I was just in a slump, but now I'm wondering if maybe the ball isn't falling in the same place it used to. Hard to think that could be caused by a code change though.. unless the code is doing more than just switching the magnet from ON to OFF.

Theres code on it, it can move the ball to a certain place on it

#20598 1 year ago

Just broke my high score. New GC. Played with my kid watching and cheering me on. Next game he almost broke his high score. This is the shit. This is why I love pinball. Hope he remembers these time fondly when I'm gone.

20230425_194119 (resized).jpg20230425_194119 (resized).jpg

20230425_195939 (resized).jpg20230425_195939 (resized).jpg
#20599 1 year ago

Why is this game so damn good!

Just had a banger (well for me at least) and was hit shot after shot. It was so much fun. Sure wish I had gotten in the GZ bandwagon a long time ago.

#20600 12 months ago

So I finally opened up my game to take a few pics of the shooter rod. Shame on Stern. Honestly, this is pathetic. The rod tip is almost a half inch away from the ball and it hits to the right. This is definitely why the ball hits and bounces around in the Mecha-zilla area.

I ordered a new shooter rod from Reflex Mods. Not only does it look cool, he said that it is longer than the stock Stern and will rest right up to the ball. I'll post a picture after I receive it and get it installed.

Pic 1 - The rods distance from the ball.

Pic 2 - The rod pushed up against the ball so you can see how far off center it is.

Pic 3 - The Reflex Mods shooter I purchased.

20230426_104810 (resized).jpg20230426_104810 (resized).jpg20230426_104831 (resized).jpg20230426_104831 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230426_111517_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230426_111517_Chrome (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 412 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/412?hl=zh2oson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.