Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,320 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 547.
#1951 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Are you level using the PINGUY app? Mine goes to the left.

I'm slightly unleveled now 0.1/0.2 degrees high on right but the bball drops to the flipper before I was having to reach to make contact with the ball.

#1952 2 years ago

Just noticed this plastic by the bridge rests against the inner art blades with the playfield in. Probably a bit of a risk for it to scrape the art blade when lifting the playfield up. I’ll probably look to enlarge the screw hole on the plastic a bit so it can pivot that end away from the art blade.

Edit. Only one screw holding it in so was able to unscrew it and straighten the plastic.

46CD445C-6FFF-475E-B942-51F2EB33A46C (resized).jpeg46CD445C-6FFF-475E-B942-51F2EB33A46C (resized).jpeg

#1953 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Just noticed this plastic by the bridge rests against the inner art blades with the playfield in. Probably a bit of a risk for it to scrape the art blade when lifting the playfield up. I’ll probably look to enlarge the screw hole on the plastic a bit so it can pivot that end away from the art blade.
[quoted image]

They sell art protectors. Thick plastic. Must have item to lift playfield.

#1954 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

I ordered some from mezel last week .glad I got them. Have put a few nicks on art over the years

#1955 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

How is the ball supposed to drop from the magnet? Mine seems to drop several mm away from the flipper at the closest.

I have the same problem. Having flipped a pro at my distributor I know what it is supposed to do. Sometimes I can’t even hit it with the upper flipper at all. When I can, it is is the lightest tip and can make it around the loop but barely.

Any solution? Setting?

#1956 2 years ago

"Pinball Cabinet Assembly Protectors – Mezel Mods" https://mezelmods.com/products/pinball-cabinet-assembly-blades

#1957 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Yep I have them. Just wanted to alert people to check that spot before lifting the playfield if they don’t have them. Also just a good idea to check it straighten it if necessary just in case.

#1958 2 years ago
Quoted from Hulkbuster:

I have the same problem. Having flipped a pro at my distributor I know what it is supposed to do. Sometimes I can’t even hit it with the upper flipper at all. When I can, it is is the lightest tip and can make it around the loop but barely.
Any solution? Setting?

Just a thought, is your Newton magnet thingie spinning freely? Not sure if it’s possible to be tight or stuck on something, but that cylinder should be nice and loose…that allows the ball to stick to it, but also to roll to the correct “drop spot”.

#1959 2 years ago

Question - I can get about 4 or 5 loops on the upper flipper, but then it usually goes too fast & ricochets a bit on the way around, skipping past the upper flipper and ruining my combo. This happening to anyone else? I’m guessing it’s common, but maybe I need to look at my ball guide or dial down the upper flipper strength or something.

#1960 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Edit. Only one screw holding it in so was able to unscrew it and straighten the plastic.
[quoted image]

I noticed plastic #15 is lifted up at the bottom and similarly doesn't have a second screw to keep it flat. Assumed it was slightly warped. Will try unscrewing and adjusting

#1961 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I put a little rubber dot on top of the flat plastic to divert the ball drop so the don’t go STM.
It’s fairly noticeable, I had some smaller dots but couldn’t find it right at the moment, probably something smaller would do the job but it will be somewhat noticeable, maybe I can find something more clear. But it does a good job now the balls go to the left flipper.
Found this on Amazon might be less noticeable.amazon.com link »[quoted image][quoted image]

How about a dot of clear glue or silicone?

#1962 2 years ago

Yup. Happens every time

Quoted from fxdwg:

Anyone else love to sing “MOTHRA” when you get the left outlane ball save? I sure do!!!

#1963 2 years ago

Anybody here having squeaky shaker motor issues? My LE sounds kind of squeaky / noisy. Is there an easy fix for this?

#1964 2 years ago
Quoted from Ajoelson579:

Anybody here having squeaky shaker motor issues? My LE sounds kind of squeaky / noisy. Is there an easy fix for this?

I have noticed this on mine the past couple days…haven’t tracked down the source.

#1965 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Question - I can get about 4 or 5 loops on the upper flipper, but then it usually goes too fast & ricochets a bit on the way around, skipping past the upper flipper and ruining my combo. This happening to anyone else? I’m guessing it’s common, but maybe I need to look at my ball guide or dial down the upper flipper strength or something.

Have a similar issue and never noticed it on any of pros or premiums I’ve played…
Plan to play around with the leveling alittle tomorrow.

#1966 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

I have noticed this on mine the past couple days…haven’t tracked down the source.

It’s Definitely coming from the shaker motor area on mine.

#1967 2 years ago

Sooooo, what is the version to get?

Pro or premium?

Already played the pro and was fun, but wondering if the premium is more fun or more stop and go?

Cant decide and dont have a premium near me.

#1968 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Pro or premium?
Already played the pro and was fun, but wondering if the premium is more fun or more stop and go?

I can’t imagine not having all the cool features. I love how the ball path from the ramps changes depending on what floor the building is on. I love hitting Mecha Godzilla from the mini ramp. I love the bridge breaking. I love the multiball start with the falling building.

If you just want the game for the rules but no “life”, I guess the Pro covers you. If you want A moving, living experience to go with the gameplay like a classic B/W, you have to go Prem/LE.

#1969 2 years ago

Had my best game so far and got to some mode (Monster Rampage possibly) with an extended ball save and really amazing lighting effects.

Anyone know what mode that is and how I got there? Haha

I had those 4 inserts lit (Bridge, Raid, etc) but have no idea what that means.

PXL_20211108_063046401 (resized).jpgPXL_20211108_063046401 (resized).jpg
#1970 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:I can’t imagine not having all the cool features. I love how the ball path from the ramps changes depending on what floor the building is on. I love hitting Mecha Godzilla from the mini ramp. I love the bridge breaking. I love the multiball start with the falling building.
If you just want the game for the rules but no “life”, I guess the Pro covers you. If you want A moving, living experience to go with the gameplay like a classic B/W, you have to go Prem/LE.

Far from no life on a pro. The pro is still a great game. I am getting a pro and I played an LE. Love how you premium/LE owners love to rag on those who like or think about getting a pro.

Some like me don’t feel a bridge that occasionally does something, a turn style MechaGodzilla mech, and a building coming down is worth $2300 more. The pro is much alive. So give advice like try both if you can, but no need to bash the pro.

#1971 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Far from no life on a pro. The pro is still a great game. I am getting a pro and I played an LE. Love how you premium/LE owners love to rag on those who like or think about getting a pro.
Some like me don’t feel a bridge that occasionally does something, a turn style MechaGodzilla mech, and a building coming down is worth $2300 more. The pro is much alive. So give advice like try both if you can, but no need to bash the pro.

Probably just sounding harsher than what was intended due to impersonal nature of text messages...

If you are a tournament player and/or don't care for the theme and want a game that is fast paced/great flow and your main goal is to beat the game and/or getting to wizard modes then I don't see why you would ever buy anything other than a 'Pro'.

But if you are like me... where theme is a must, 'world under glass' is very important' and you view games as mechanical marvels and/or works of art then the Premium/LE is a must...

#1973 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Had my best game so far and got to some mode (Monster Rampage possibly) with an extended ball save and really amazing lighting effects.
Anyone know what mode that is and how I got there? Haha
I had those 4 inserts lit (Bridge, Raid, etc) but have no idea what that means.[quoted image]

Rampage is a mode you spell out progressively. As far as I can tell, lighting all those inserts doesn't currently do anything (at least that's my experience).

#1974 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Both are fantastic!

#1975 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Both are fantastic!

Agree! I was surprised how much I liked the pro. It is just as fun. I still ordered the premium because the building mech is amazing, but the pro is still sweet.

#1976 2 years ago

Godzilla is #1. At least this week

#1977 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Check out the ratings, sorted from low to high, INCLUDING those without comments.
It’s sad and pathetic that some “grown men” will purposefully tank the overall score by leaving a 1, for example when they score their own “non-Stern” titles at a 10.
You know you need to get a life when…

#1978 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I just can't see people purposely rating this one poorly as has been done in the past. It's just too good, done by the best designer currently in pinball. It will take a monster of a game to knock Godzilla off his perch at #1.

#1979 2 years ago

For anyone with drains down the middle from the rooftop when the building collapses - remove the clear plastic guard and plastic combo that the balls land on. Place a small 3/8 or 7/16 post rubber or stack of washers on the right post that plastic mounts to (the one holding the wireform ramp). Then screw down the plastic pieces again being sure to not overtighten. This gives that clear plastic a bit of right to left lean and sends the balls to the left flipper.

I've checked and checked and checked and mine was dead level side to side and all balls flowed right between the flippers. Now they go to the left flipper as intended and you have no unsightly patch on top of the plastic

#1980 2 years ago

MEZELmods

Illuminated scoop and sign for all machines.

3B6E16C7-2B16-4086-AFA6-C90813316C48 (resized).jpeg3B6E16C7-2B16-4086-AFA6-C90813316C48 (resized).jpeg823C0F3E-0100-4316-9F90-D4B03BDA1C5E (resized).jpeg823C0F3E-0100-4316-9F90-D4B03BDA1C5E (resized).jpegDCEBF774-578B-4676-9C83-3E05677B5ACF (resized).jpegDCEBF774-578B-4676-9C83-3E05677B5ACF (resized).jpeg
#1981 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

For anyone with drains down the middle from the rooftop when the building collapses - remove the clear plastic guard and plastic combo that the balls land on. Place a small 3/8 or 7/16 post rubber or stack of washers on the right post that plastic mounts to (the one holding the wireform ramp). Then screw down the plastic pieces again being sure to not overtighten. This gives that clear plastic a bit of right to left lean and sends the balls to the left flipper.
I've checked and checked and checked and mine was dead level side to side and all balls flowed right between the flippers. Now they go to the left flipper as intended and you have no unsightly patch on top of the plastic
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"5a64d490747e850e7eb57db2e25f0c25e42c5bf4-1636382898-1800"};
//]]>

Any pics that you could share?

#1982 2 years ago

Will try to grab one today and add it to my posting above.

#1983 2 years ago

Godzilla is my first Stern machine. They have a lot to be proud of here. It is most likely going to be one of their best games. Hard to be a theme like Godzilla.

#1984 2 years ago

Officially a member of the club now! It's also my first NIB STERN and I have a support question: One of the hinges got bent during shipment and I'd like to replace it, is it recommended to communicate directly with STERN or to the dealer?

#1985 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Officially a member of the club now! It's also my first NIB STERN and I have a support question: One of the hinges got bent during shipment and I'd like to replace it, is it recommended to communicate directly with STERN or to the dealer?

Contact your distributor.

#1986 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Pro or premium?

Played them both, have a premium coming next week. The Pro is a fun game, the Premium is an amazing game. The building, bridge and Mecagodzilla are worth the extra money in my opinion. There is nothing else like that building in pinball currently, it takes the game to a whole different level. You will enjoy the Pro, but you will likely love the Premium.

#1987 2 years ago

Anyone else find their right ramp shift from a no-brainer, bailout shot to frequently rattling and pretty regularly failing to turn the corner at the top and falling back to the flipper? That's what's happened to me from the first couple day to the last few. On a pro btw.

#1988 2 years ago

#1989 2 years ago

I put a 1/4" wide x 1/4 tall x 1/8" thick triangle, it scatters real good. And no, the metal will not hurt the balls, they travel 1 inch. Although a nice 3d printed piece will be a better option I think
20211108_083901 (resized).jpg20211108_083901 (resized).jpg

#1990 2 years ago
that’s aweosme dude!

#1991 2 years ago

Awesome!

#1992 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Are you level using the PINGUY app? Mine goes to the left.

My Pinguy app goes to the left as well. I didn't know it until a fellow collector was over playing and pointed it out while playing. I have gone back to using a Craftsmen digital level.

#1993 2 years ago

If mine ends up dumping the balls SDTM I plan on sticking a small piece of the fuzzy side of velcro at the left side of the exit. I had to do the same to my Star Trek Premium in the Vengence lock and it provides just enough of a bump to send the ball to the right flipper. And it is pretty invisible.

ST velcro (resized).jpgST velcro (resized).jpg

#1994 2 years ago

All Hail the King!

IMG_3066 (resized).pngIMG_3066 (resized).png
#1995 2 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

My Pinguy app goes to the left as well. I didn't know it until a fellow collector was over playing and pointed it out while playing. I have gone back to using a Craftsmen digital level.

I also tried the app Pinball Leveler and always to the left. Set it at 0 degrees and tried multiple floors, tables, etc, and all the same result. Going to end up sticking with the Klein digital leveler till I find a good 360 degree bubble level that I can print a slanted enclosure for to use on the PF (i'm also paranoid that if the floor is slightly off, the calibration for the klein will be offset as well)

#1996 2 years ago

I helped a friend unbox his LE the other day, this game really blew me away. Initially I wasn't interested but I'm seriously considering it after playing his.

#1997 2 years ago

I think it's funny that there are guys rating the LE at 3.4 etc. Same guys rating all the MM machines as a 1, as if that's reasonable. Some people are funny. I guess they think it helps resale of their trash pins if they can get them higher on a list that no one really cares about. I reckon the GZLE will be up in the top 3 for a loooong time.

Quoted from ray-dude:

All Hail the King!
[quoted image]

#1998 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I think it's funny that there are guys rating the LE at 3.4 etc. Same guys rating all the MM machines as a 1, as if that's reasonable. Some people are funny. I guess they think it helps resale of their trash pins if they can get them higher on a list that no one really cares about. I reckon the GZLE will be up in the top 3 for a loooong time.

To be fair, out of 63 ratings it's only these two so far that have engaged in this pathetic behavior. It says nothing about the game, but it does say a lot about how sad their lives are.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1999 2 years ago

it's not really any dumber than rating a game with unfinished code a 10

#2000 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I put a 1/4" wide x 1/4 tall x 1/8" thick triangle, it scatters real good. And no, the metal will not hurt the balls, they travel 1 inch. Although a nice 3d printed piece will be a better option I think
[quoted image]

I get it but even if all 3 balls go SDTM on start of MB, there will be a ball save dealing with this. Isn't this a cool effect to drain all bals at start of multiball... maybe intended that way

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 125.88
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ChainsawMods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Wanted
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 27,320 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/40?hl=sleal16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.