PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 404 of 548.
#20151 1 year ago
Quoted from AwesomeSauc3:

I'm having an issue with my Premium where balls aren't registering when they are getting locked in the tower. They make it up to the top just fine, but I don't get the typical video clip or any indication that the ball has been locked. After a bit the ball dislodging sequence (I'm certain that isn't the correct term I just don't know what else to call it) fires and the tower eventually comes down, sending the locked ball SDTM. It did this sporadically for some time but now it's doing it every time. I'm still relatively new to fixing problems on my machines and I'm wondering if someone has seen this issue before and could point me in the right direction. I tried searching around and it seems like there were code issues with this early on that are solved now, but to answer the question, the code is fully up to date, I just updated a few days ago. If this isn't the right board for this please let me know. Any help is much appreciated!

Sounds like the opto at the exit of the VUK might not be registering, then the machine goes into ball search to find where the ball went. To figure out what might be going wrong I’d start by taking the glass off and going into switch test in the menu. Pull out the interlock switch and use you finger or something to block the opto at the VUK exit to make sure that opto is working. If it is working, then get the building into the lock position and roll a ball through the entrance. See if switch test registers the opto when the ball kicks out of the VUK.

#20153 1 year ago

First time I had this happen.

A81E5FE5-3FCF-44F2-83E5-CFDA46EB8AC0 (resized).jpegA81E5FE5-3FCF-44F2-83E5-CFDA46EB8AC0 (resized).jpeg
#20154 1 year ago

HighVoltage Xilien DMCS Saucer mod with controller board. Never installed, $200 + shipping. PM if interested

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-dmcs-mods-xilien-saucer-heatray-diverter-burning-building

IMG_5119 (resized).jpgIMG_5119 (resized).jpgIMG_5120 (resized).jpgIMG_5120 (resized).jpgIMG_5121 (resized).jpgIMG_5121 (resized).jpg
#20155 1 year ago
Quoted from Hogey:

First time I had this happen.
[quoted image]

HI, it’s normal have a look at the red circle, the ramp is not at the correct position, it must be between the ending ramp and the v, black line.

D8648218-D43D-4749-B421-2FDFEF0B69AF (resized).jpegD8648218-D43D-4749-B421-2FDFEF0B69AF (resized).jpeg

#20156 1 year ago

Duuuuh. Good call. Must have mispositioned after I installed the towers. Much appreciated.

#20157 1 year ago

In case it helps anyone else I may have solved my right ramp exit phantom triggers.

I pulled the opto emitter from the back of the ramp and removed the black bracket from the Opto PCB. One leg of the emitter 'bulb' was loose. Wouldn't have been able to tell with it fully assembled. Resoldered the joint and it seems to be working fine now. Bad joint probably just broke loose after 500+ games.

#20158 1 year ago
Quoted from Hogey:

Duuuuh. Good call. Must have mispositioned after I installed the towers. Much appreciated.

This a Duuuuh..
Didn't notice until ball three

PXL_20221201_160819938 (resized).jpgPXL_20221201_160819938 (resized).jpg
#20159 1 year ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

This a Duuuuh..
[quoted image]

#20160 1 year ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

This a Duuuuh..
[quoted image]

I feel better…..thanks.

#20161 1 year ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

This a Duuuuh..

Understandable.

If the whole machine was upside down you may have noticed quicker.

LTG : )

#20162 1 year ago

One year of ownership...

IMG_3883 (resized).JPGIMG_3883 (resized).JPGIMG_3884 (resized).JPGIMG_3884 (resized).JPG
#20163 1 year ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Fixed it for you.

86324774-2F16-40F3-AD29-787F3053C5ED (resized).jpeg86324774-2F16-40F3-AD29-787F3053C5ED (resized).jpeg
#20164 1 year ago

I unpacked GZ premium last week and have not played one game yet because I am waiting on playfield protector, which should arrive next week.
As I was checking out the game, noticed Mechagodzilla right fingers are hitting and positioned lower the playfield plastic.
This may cause some issue with movement of mechagodzilla ramp as it rotates or damage the mechagodzilla’s fingers.
I checked out some photos from pinside and stern and the right arm is positioned much higher than playfield plastic. I posted one of these photos with arm higher than playfield plastic.
I tried to bend the arm but since it’s made out of rubber, it just go back to original position. I am NOT going to use heat gun to bend the arm. This is a NIB.
Planning to contact Stern or my distributor next week and see what they say.
Anyone else had this issue?

17C08329-91D2-4989-B7FD-D2494BE69CC9 (resized).jpeg17C08329-91D2-4989-B7FD-D2494BE69CC9 (resized).jpeg79D5C694-F473-46C9-B18A-A59E1DEA419B (resized).jpeg79D5C694-F473-46C9-B18A-A59E1DEA419B (resized).jpegDDFA7D25-12F8-4D9E-899F-3A9275482076 (resized).jpegDDFA7D25-12F8-4D9E-899F-3A9275482076 (resized).jpeg
#20165 1 year ago
Quoted from pbjksb:

I unpacked GZ premium last week and have not played one game yet because I am waiting on playfield protector, which should arrive next week.
As I was checking out the game, noticed Mechagodzilla right fingers are hitting and positioned lower the playfield plastic.
This may cause some issue with movement of mechagodzilla ramp as it rotates or damage the mechagodzilla’s fingers.
I checked out some photos from pinside and stern and the right arm is positioned much higher than playfield plastic. I posted one of these photos with arm higher than playfield plastic.
I tried to bend the arm but since it’s made out of rubber, it just go back to original position. I am NOT going to use heat gun to bend the arm. This is a NIB.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Cut it off and suspend it in the middle of the playfield so it looks like he fired his fist rocket?

#20166 1 year ago
Quoted from pbjksb:

I had this issue.. i just popped a clear 1/2 inch round bumper under mechagodzilla to raise him up a bit. Easy peasy fix.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N74P0QB

#20167 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

I had this issue.. i just popped a clear 1/2 inch round bumper under mechagodzilla to raise him up a bit. Easy peasy fix.
amazon.com link »

I have done this on my Premium to stop Mechagodzilla's arm from hitting the wire ramp, but now when the balls autolaunch for Mechagodzilla Multiball they no longer stack up on the Mechagodzilla magnet in a chain like they did before, they just pass under.

RussMyers

#20168 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

I have done this on my Premium to stop Mechagodzilla's arm from hitting the wire ramp, but now when the balls autolaunch for Mechagodzilla Multiball they no longer stack up on the Mechagodzilla magnet in a chain like they did before, they just pass under.
RussMyers

Is that SUPPOSED to happen? I've never once had that happen to me during Mech multiball. The auto launch balls always go right under the ball that is on the magnet.

#20169 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Is that SUPPOSED to happen? I've never once had that happen to me during Mech multiball. The auto launch balls always go right under the ball that is on the magnet.

Good question. They sure did on mine.

I thought that was on purpose.

RM

#20170 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

RM

Mine all attach. I assumed it was designed that way so they all release at the same time. Mechazilla going back wobbling is so he has action when the ball "attacks" him. Putting somethign under him would raise him up so balls would most likely go under the ball hanging from the magnet and make him move less overall.

#20171 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Mine all attach. I assumed it was designed that way so they all release at the same time.

Yeah, so since I raised the "down" position they pass under now.

May have to take the silicone bumpers back out.

RM

#20172 1 year ago

Adding a few more MODs and these are still available.

Pingraffix Godzilla Pinball ATOMIC PowerBladez - $269
Full Cliffy set for Godzilla Premium - $70
Lermods Interactive Godzilla figure - Fire breathing - $75
Mezel Mods complete building set - Theatre, Subway and Noodle - $260
Mezel Mods Pinball UFO sign - $20

Quoted from drbrain:

removed sold items. Make me offers on what is left.

#20173 1 year ago
Quoted from pbjksb:

I am sorry,I stopped on You have had the Game for a week and havent played it.Thats Patience My Friend.

#20174 1 year ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Anyone on here make those lenticular instruction cards for GZ? Got some for my IMDN a few years ago and loved them.

Hey Bohdi, I had them removed from my shop for awhile, but they are back on there again if you are interested....
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1289-youbentmywookie/05813-godzilla-stern-lenticular-3d-apron-cards

#20175 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

RM

They've never attached on mine. Always pass under.

#20176 1 year ago

Hey does anyone know the screw size/info for the little black screws that hold the bridge acylic onto the bridge? one of mine fell off and disappeared and cannot tell from the manual what the size is as I don't see any bridge info in the manual.

thanks in advance!

#20177 1 year ago
Quoted from brzezicki:

Hey does anyone know the screw size/info for the little black screws that hold the bridge acylic onto the bridge? one of mine fell off and disappeared and cannot tell from the manual what the size is as I don't see any bridge info in the manual.
thanks in advance!

I'm guessing #4-40x1/4" . Remover one from plastic #23 to confirm.

#20178 1 year ago
Quoted from mostater:

They've never attached on mine. Always pass under.

Same. I think it stuck together there like once in 500 games.

#20179 1 year ago

For the record, the other ones I played at MGC attached as well. I think that's how it is supposed to be. The 3rd one doesn't always attach though.

#20180 1 year ago

well after a year and a half I finally got my replacement cabinet for my premium. they sent me a limited edition cabinet for my trouble I guess

#20181 1 year ago

well after a year and a half I finally got my replacement cabinet for my premium. they sent me a limited edition cabinet for my trouble I guess lol

01E47640-667D-4B03-9E56-BB6A596B22E9 (resized).jpeg01E47640-667D-4B03-9E56-BB6A596B22E9 (resized).jpeg
#20182 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Hi on time 17:26 he hits the captive ball to light super jackpot and the bridge collapses and stays collapsed. I wonder if some of are games are missing a switch or something. He is running older code but I saw it happen on newer code as well.
https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxalJXjWdIwLS2UuGI3vCBe58ejqhmfJ1A

Quoted from Nokoro:

So, this I’ve never seen before. My guess is that it’s just older code. I’ve never had my bridge stay collapsed.

Ok, I was dead wrong about this. Apologies. I was playing last night, and the bridge definitely does stay open when super jackpot is lit during bridge collapse MB. I guess I had never noticed before. I was too busy just trying to keep up with the balls.

And, I use a washer to limit the bridge from hitting the plastic, and I still get it to stay open.

#20183 1 year ago
Quoted from DVDA:

well after a year and a half I finally got my replacement cabinet for my premium. they sent me a limited edition cabinet for my trouble I guess lol
[quoted image]

I love the LE art so that's a decent score. But make them find you some matching side rails and lockdown bar. Not matching the hinge isn't ideal and it sounds like you've been very patient.

#20184 1 year ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

I love the LE art so that's a decent score. But make them find you some matching side rails and lockdown bar. Not matching the hinge isn't ideal and it sounds like you've been very patient.

Edit: My bad. I see now you've added hinge art. But still try to get that LE armor!

#20185 1 year ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

Edit: My bad. I see now you've added hinge art. But still try to get that LE armor!

I would love to be able to get the armor and le mirrored backglass but not sure how I would be able to pull that off.

#20186 1 year ago

Updates. Make me an offer for the building set and sign.

Quoted from drbrain:

Adding a few more MODs and these are still available.
Pingraffix Godzilla Pinball ATOMIC PowerBladez - $269 - SOLD
Full Cliffy set for Godzilla Premium - $70 - SOLD
Lermods Interactive Godzilla figure - Fire breathing - $75 - HOLDING FOR PAYMENT
Mezel Mods complete building set - Theatre, Subway and Noodle - $260
Mezel Mods Pinball UFO sign - $20

#20187 1 year ago

Hey guys, getting my premium on Wednesday (finally), and had a question.

Ever since the code update that lets you change the multiball song, is there a setting to indicate which song you want to be default or is it always BOC?

#20188 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Hey guys, getting my premium on Wednesday (finally), and had a question.
Ever since the code update that lets you change the multiball song, is there a setting to indicate which song you want to be default or is it always BOC?

IIRC correctly you can set the default, I had mine set to random every time but if I was really feeling a game always crank the BOC lol

#20189 1 year ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I'm guessing #4-40x1/4" . Remover one from plastic #23 to confirm.

thank you 4-40 was it.

#20190 1 year ago

I’m getting ball hang ups on the top rhs edge of the Mecha shield. Any way to re-align/calibrate the shield or any other fixes for this?

037C39D8-918D-456C-A553-A61B12382F79 (resized).jpeg037C39D8-918D-456C-A553-A61B12382F79 (resized).jpeg
#20191 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I’m getting ball hang ups on the top rhs edge of the Mecha shield. Any way to re-align/calibrate the shield or any other fixes for this?
[quoted image]

Same happens to me..I just wait for the ball search since it's very rare. Some people put a 3m bumper there but I don't like that idea since it's so close to a moving mechanism that might get jammed.

#20192 1 year ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

Same happens to me..I just wait for the ball search since it's very rare. Some people put a 3m bumper there but I don't like that idea since it's so close to a moving mechanism that might get jammed.

Just had it happen where did a super soft plunge, ball went straight to that hang, and game didn’t go into ball search. Maybe a bug? But game should have known the all wasn’t in the shooter lane and should have gone into search, but didn’t.

#20193 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Just had it happen where did a super soft launch, ball went straight to that hang, and game didn’t go into ball search. Maybe a bug? But game should have known the all wasn’t in the shooter lane and should have gone into search, but didn’t.

You are right, it will not go into ball search under this scenario. I have used the cabinet bumper (1/2 round clear rubber) on the turntable and it works without jambing the mechanism.

Mecha fix (resized).jpgMecha fix (resized).jpg
#20194 1 year ago
Quoted from math08:

You are right, it will not go into ball search under this scenario. I have used the cabinet bumper (1/2 round clear rubber) on the turntable and it works without jambing the mechanism.
[quoted image]

Thanks, this was my next try. Nice to know it works.

#20195 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

[quoted image]

I raised my back legs a few turns and haven't had it happen since. As I posted earlier, the ball gets stuck in all kinds of places when the bubble is in the middle.

#20196 1 year ago

Hello, I know people’s thoughts on the value of mods can vary, but does anyone think the Stumblor Tokyo Neon sign mod is not worth $221 USD? Seems pricey for such a small item.

#20197 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Cruiser:

Hello, I know people’s thoughts on the value of mods can vary, but does anyone think the Stumblor Tokyo Neon sign mod is not worth $221 USD? Seems pricey for such a small item.

Its a cool Mod,Its worth it to me.

#20198 1 year ago

It's a fantastic mod, I don't regret the $ at all. Super customizable for colors, color animation patterns, brightness, etc. Easily the most customizable mod I've seen and in my opinion it not only adds to the game but feels very on-point for the theme of the game. I'm an owner and a fan.

#20199 1 year ago

Depends on if you're going to keep the game for a while; if not you might lose a couple of bucks. Def, one of the nicest mods for GZ I just ended up 3D printing this one.

On a side note does anyone have a video of the drake building mod for a pro... I just ordered one. TIA

IMG_4263 (resized).JPGIMG_4263 (resized).JPG
#20200 1 year ago

I installed this on a friend's game and it is stunningly gorgeous I will admit.

Too much for me at the price, but I understand why people love it.

RM

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,000 (OBO)
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

5,980 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 27,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 404 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/404 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.