20240317_204214 (resized).jpg
20240317_204157 (resized).jpg
20240317_204141 (resized).jpg
20240317_204119 (resized).jpg
20240317_205020 (resized).jpg
20240317_204056 (resized).jpg
20240317_204108 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,071 posts in this topic. You are on page 403 of 542.
#20101 11 months ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Anyone have a suggestion on where I can purchase a new translite (premium)? I ordered from PinballLife but apparently their entire stock of Godzilla translites have slight imperfections or damage.

Retro has a campy 1954-vintage alternative translite:
https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/godzilla-stern-1954-alternate-pinball-translite/

You could aslo ask any of the authorized distributors to order the Stern part #830-8427-T7 for the Premium which will be (my guess) $100 or so.

#20102 11 months ago

Can I also add as a recommended upgrade along with the Shaker; get the real knocker?

It is not expensive, and so easy to install, and sooooo much better than the horrid Stern "screech" (really? you couldn't simply have a nice digital copy of an actual physical knocker recorded?)

https://www.pinballlife.com/real-knocker-kit-for-stern-spikespike-2.html

RussMyers

#20103 11 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Where did you get that foam ring from? Most of my NIB Sterns have had the "rattle" issue (despite them saying it's rare). If I know that fits, I'd pick up a couple.

HI, It cames with my 8’’ Focal speakers, so you can use this
https://www.amazon.com/DS18-Speaker-Blocker-Soundproof-Sponge/dp/B09HR6LS8H/ref=sr_1_4

#20104 11 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Where did you get that foam ring from? Most of my NIB Sterns have had the "rattle" issue (despite them saying it's rare). If I know that fits, I'd pick up a couple.

I used the thin foam stuff from Amazon for $6 per speaker. My JP and GZ both had a hint of rattle, but the glass also may be a source of rattle for you.

https://www.amazon.com/Pro-Grade-Speaker-Subwoofer-Gaskets-adhesive-included/dp/B00CYMOX64/ref=psdc_667846011_t1_B07D3JTFML

#20105 11 months ago

Hi Guys,

I just got the Freddy's skillshot optimizer but it came with no hardware or installation instructions other than the piece itself. I'm presuming I mount it using the hardware from the bubble level? Any quick thoughts? I'm probably just going to go for it but if anyone has any advice.

Thanks as always.

#20106 11 months ago
Quoted from ShineSpark:

I just got the Freddy's skillshot optimizer but it came with no hardware or installation instructions other than the piece itself. I'm presuming I mount it using the hardware from the bubble level? Any quick thoughts? I'm probably just going to go for it but if anyone has any advice.

Yes. VERY easy install.

#20107 11 months ago
Quoted from scootss:

Yes. VERY easy install.

Thanks!

#20108 11 months ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

The Mecha spinner has a great 3D printed model posted on Thangs to make your own spinner replacement (throw some metallic spray on it and looks sweet).

Thanks for the tip! I got the saucer on thingiverse also painted with silver. I think it came out pretty nice.

70240660120__E5BDD661-41DF-42FF-B2D2-CFBE773E11C1 (resized).jpeg70240660120__E5BDD661-41DF-42FF-B2D2-CFBE773E11C1 (resized).jpeg70240696177__E05E1122-2E1B-4C2B-B80C-4533F173E1C2 (resized).jpeg70240696177__E05E1122-2E1B-4C2B-B80C-4533F173E1C2 (resized).jpeg
#20109 11 months ago

Checked the sticky posts for the thread and didn’t see any mention of this. Are folks leaving the scoop kickout power at the default or dialing it down a bit? It seems pretty wild on the default value.

#20110 11 months ago
Quoted from JONESDS:

Checked the sticky posts for the thread and didn’t see any mention of this. Are folks leaving the scoop kickout power at the default or dialing it down a bit? It seems pretty wild on the default value.

Default.

#20111 11 months ago

Added a premium MechaGodzilla to my pro. Used a spotlight to light it and mounted it to the plastic with a glue dot.

62C8D332-B94E-4C2B-A01E-AF4337187338 (resized).jpeg62C8D332-B94E-4C2B-A01E-AF4337187338 (resized).jpeg13FCD3C3-1AD2-42CD-AF4D-1335FFB9C011 (resized).jpeg13FCD3C3-1AD2-42CD-AF4D-1335FFB9C011 (resized).jpeg
#20112 11 months ago
Quoted from JONESDS:

I lowered mine a bit since otherwise it can shoot up the left return lane and drain. Seems a poor reward for hitting the scoop.

#20113 11 months ago

Coming up on a 1000 plays. Machine still works perfect. Curious what others are doing at about this time in terms of maintenece.

#20114 11 months ago
Quoted from JONESDS:

Dialed it down. Now a dead pass will go a little up the right inlane instead of absolutely bananas.

#20115 11 months ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Coming up on a 1000 plays. Machine still works perfect. Curious what others are doing at about this time in terms of maintenece.

Check balls for nicks and replace if necessary. Vacuum playfield, clean and wax (though some say waxing is not necessary; your choice). As long as everything else works, that’s it.

#20116 11 months ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Biggest impact I have seen is to replace the pinballs on my machines after every 500 or so plays. The metal to metal contact of the pinballs with other pieces of the games usually cause nicks or rough areas (on the pinballs themselves) that can/will tear up your playfield. This will prevent that.

I also have a mini vacuum attachment kit that I picked up from Amazon (cheap) that I use on the games at the same time I replace the balls.

EZ SPARES 7PCS Micro Vacuum Attachment Keyboard Crevice Cleaning Tool Brush Kit(7PCS) https://a.co/d/al5DBR5

#20117 11 months ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Biggest impact I have seen is to replace the pinballs on my machines after every 500 or so plays. The metal to metal contact of the pinballs with other pieces of the games usually cause nicks or rough areas (on the pinballs themselves) that can/will tear up your playfield. This will prevent that.
I also have a mini vacuum attachment kit that I picked up from Amazon (cheap) that I use on the games at the same time I replace the balls.
EZ SPARES 7PCS Micro Vacuum Attachment Keyboard Crevice Cleaning Tool Brush Kit(7PCS) https://a.co/d/al5DBR5

I got similar vacuum kit and love it. It gets all the tiny fibers and junk in all the hard to reach places. I don't suggest replacing pinballs just based on plays. Unless the balls have marks you can feel with your fingernail or discoloring, I would leave them. Good to check but don't fix want ain't broke. 1000 plays is barely anything for pins designed to be routed hard. If anything, take the glass off and check for anything loose. Sucks when you see parts/screws coming down the pf in the middle of a great game and then you have to figure out where it came from.

#20118 11 months ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I got similar vacuum kit and love it. It gets all the tiny fibers and junk in all the hard to reach places. I don't suggest replacing pinballs just based on plays. Unless the balls have marks you can feel with your fingernail or discoloring, I would leave them. Good to check but don't fix want ain't broke. 1000 plays is barely anything for pins designed to be routed hard. If anything, take the glass off and check for anything loose. Sucks when you see parts/screws coming down the pf in the middle of a great game and then you have to figure out where it came from.

By the time the ball has nicks you can feel ,
It’s way too late !

#20119 11 months ago

Gigan question...

Why does he sometimes seem to die 'early'?

Sometimes I'll hit a ramp like maybe twice and it goes straight to finishing blow. I don't see anything about that in the official Stern rulesheet.

#20120 11 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

Gigan question...
Why does he sometimes seem to die 'early'?
Sometimes I'll hit a ramp like maybe twice and it goes straight to finishing blow. I don't see anything about that in the official Stern rulesheet.

Is it your second time in the same game trying to defeat him? If you already made some shots the first time, you keep those for the second battle.

The screen will show how many shots you have made out of the 8 required.

#20121 11 months ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Is it your second time in the same game trying to defeat him? If you already made some shots the first time, you keep those for the second battle.
The screen will show how many shots you have made out of the 8 required.

This is the first time fighting him. I don't really have time to see the screen when it happens other than to see one Gigan hit displayed then Final Blow. It's very strange. In some instances I don't even combo the ramps.

Probably unrelated but unless I'm imagining it the right ramp failed to credit me with a successful right ramp shot this morning when fighting Gigan. But it works every time in test mode. Is it possible that opto is flaky and recording multiple hits?

#20122 11 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

This is the first time fighting him. I don't really have time to see the screen when it happens other than to see one Gigan hit displayed then Final Blow. It's very strange. In some instances I don't even combo the ramps.
Probably unrelated but unless I'm imagining it the right ramp failed to credit me with a successful right ramp shot this morning when fighting Gigan. But it works every time in test mode. Is it possible that opto is flaky and recording multiple hits?

Yes, I would double check the opto and make sure it is working properly and not registering phantom hits from vibration, etc.

You don't have to combo the ramps, but it does give you more points... just need 8 ramps total.

#20123 11 months ago

Was just able to recreat it. Started Gigan..Left flipper fed from scoop. Hit one right ramp shot. Screen showed one Gigan blow then final blow. Later in the same game Super Trains when bats**t. I'm not familiar with the mode enough to fully understand but it definitely seemed like it was recording extra right ramp hits. Will make sure opto sensors are centered on the ramp holes and that solder joints are good .

#20124 11 months ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

It is definitely a proactive thing on my part. I would prefer not to get to the point where there are nicks on the pinballs...if you get to this point it is like having sandpaper on your playfield. No thanks! Easy enough to remember to change them every 500 or so games. It is also pretty cheap. In a HUO scenario, it takes a bit of time.

#20125 11 months ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Also, check the coil stops in the flippers. If you have metallic dust on the floor of the cabinet directly below the flippers, you may have a coil stop failing. (Apparently they fail all the time and alot of people prefer the PBL replacements). Look carefully because dust in ANY location on the cabinet floor will indicate something wearing out above on the playfield.

#20126 11 months ago

Anybody interested in a GZ sign for their gameroom, PM me and I can put you in touch with the artist. These are hand made from wood and are approximately 18 x 26 inches. GZ is three separate layers of wood and the buildings and Japanese logo are raised off the main surface. Look amazing in person! Cheers.

EB77D400-67EF-469A-811B-1B3278E63A54 (resized).jpegEB77D400-67EF-469A-811B-1B3278E63A54 (resized).jpegE6A91AA3-E898-4162-A37B-AC2CFFFBC8E4 (resized).pngE6A91AA3-E898-4162-A37B-AC2CFFFBC8E4 (resized).png957B2A42-FB0B-4DE5-B496-2A63957390B2 (resized).jpeg957B2A42-FB0B-4DE5-B496-2A63957390B2 (resized).jpeg55E7497E-A006-4835-BDA3-9337B5907784 (resized).jpeg55E7497E-A006-4835-BDA3-9337B5907784 (resized).jpegC9510B0C-3664-49BC-9663-DCAE1F5A279A (resized).jpegC9510B0C-3664-49BC-9663-DCAE1F5A279A (resized).jpeg
#20127 11 months ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Anybody interested in a GZ sign for their gameroom, PM me and I can put you in touch with the artist. These are hand made from wood and are approximately 18 x 26 inches. GZ is three separate layers of wood and the buildings and Japanese logo are raised off the main surface. Look amazing in person! Cheers.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That’s awesome but can you ask the artist if he could do an era correct silhouette of Godzilla? He does amazing work! How much is it?

#20129 11 months ago

Fixed my opto issue for now by tightening the mounting bracket.

And my girlfriend made me some arcade room wall art...

PXL_20230406_181946590 (resized).jpgPXL_20230406_181946590 (resized).jpg
#20130 11 months ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

It is definitely a proactive thing on my part. I would prefer not to get to the point where there are nicks on the pinballs...if you get to this point it is like having sandpaper on your playfield. No thanks! Easy enough to remember to change them every 500 or so games. It is also pretty cheap. In a HUO scenario, it takes a bit of time.

I used to replace balls often for little to no reason thinking the same thing. It just got to be wasteful imo and the cost does start to add up if you own more than a few pins. Even on location getting constantly played, I've never seen balls that bad that have done damage to pf. I have routed games over 30 years
old with pf's that look almost brand new. I just don't think these games need to be babied that much and no need to stress over the potential of any slight wear and tear.

#20131 11 months ago

After now 2 weeks of owning my GZPre, my only criticism is I wish it had this song in the game:

Or at least Pharaoh Monch’s Simon Says rendition of that theme. That would be a bad ass Easter egg.

#20132 11 months ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is that legal to sell?

#20133 11 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

Was just able to recreat it. Started Gigan..Left flipper fed from scoop. Hit one right ramp shot. Screen showed one Gigan blow then final blow. Later in the same game Super Trains when bats**t. I'm not familiar with the mode enough to fully understand but it definitely seemed like it was recording extra right ramp hits. Will make sure opto sensors are centered on the ramp holes and that solder joints are good .

Definitely something going on with your game. These are not the correct behaviors.

#20134 11 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

Sometimes I'll hit a ramp like maybe twice and it goes straight to finishing blow

I wish I had that issue

#20135 11 months ago
Quoted from prentice:

Yep, you’ll get a ton of improvement from just the 4” plus new cabinet speaker. And it is super easy to add.

K, got the Kickers in there now. Much better. Haven't got the cabinet speaker yet. Do I need to adjust the EQ settings, or should I just wait til I get the cabinet speaker, or doesn't matter?

#20136 11 months ago

Godzilla is an incredibly good pin.

That is all.

#20137 11 months ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

K, got the Kickers in there now. Much better. Haven't got the cabinet speaker yet. Do I need to adjust the EQ settings, or should I just wait til I get the cabinet speaker, or doesn't matter?

You can play around a bit, honestly ifo remember right, I think I ultimately chose the ‘EQ off’ option as sounding the best for my setup. Although on other pins with same hardware I found better results by dialing in EQ.

#20138 11 months ago
Quoted from JONESDS:

Are folks leaving the scoop kickout power at the default or dialing it down a bit? It seems pretty wild on the default value.

Default. On most versions I have played you drop catch if you want to shoot right or hold flipper up and get a feed to right flipper for the rest of the shots middle spinner through Maser

#20139 11 months ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Is that legal to sell?

Yes! But only in Merica

#20140 11 months ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

After now 2 weeks of owning my GZPre, my only criticism is I wish it had this song in the game:

Once code is settled these could probably be added via PinballBrowser along with the Serj Tankian version.

#20141 11 months ago

Is that legal to sell?

lol like any of the mod makers have IP rights to sell any of this shit... C'mon now!?

#20142 11 months ago
Quoted from acedanger:

lol like any of the mod makers have IP rights to sell any of this shit... C'mon now!?

Yeah, I totally get that, but they don't have a giant Stern logo like that with a still operating company

#20143 11 months ago

Yeah, I totally get that, but they don't have a giant Stern logo like that with a still operating company

Scale matters not; could be the size of a dime or ten feet tall ip is still ip if you don’t have permission to use & you are profiting.

#20144 11 months ago

My wife was complaining how it seemed harder to play than she remembered. I hadn't really set the level and looked and it was way too high (outside the bubble). It's level left/right. So I lowered it to inside the bubble...and....well...stuck ball after stuck ball in all sorts of places on the PF.

*Stuck behind the building in the loop
*Stuck IN the building in the scoop (which actually this happens occasionally like it doesn't register to kick it up is this a known issue?)
In addition to that, it seems like the ball struggles to make it to the top in the VUK at lower levels, no issues at higher inclines
*Stuck on left inlane under the switch!??
*Stuck behind Mechazilla on top of plastic off a auto launch
*Stuck behind Mechazilla ramp between ramp and plastic

I finally had enough and raised it to just half outside the bubble and haven't had any stuck balls since.

#20145 11 months ago

One of my Diddy's Tower broke last week and I wanted to keep what's left. I came up this morning with this 3.0 solution. I did broke some more part of the tower to look like godzilla partially crushed it. Any Thoughts ? I think godzilla did it again - That is all ...
20230407_135330[1] (resized).jpg20230407_135330[1] (resized).jpg20230407_135338[1] (resized).jpg20230407_135338[1] (resized).jpg20230407_135348[1] (resized).jpg20230407_135348[1] (resized).jpg

20230407_141235[1] (resized).jpg20230407_141235[1] (resized).jpg
#20146 11 months ago
Quoted from matt_assassin:

One of my Diddy's Tower broke last week and I wanted to keep what's left. I came up this morning with this 3.0 solution. Any Thoughts ? I think godzilla did it again - That is all ...[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Holy airball Batman !

#20147 11 months ago

removed sold items. Make me offers on what is left.

Quoted from drbrain:

I have a bunch of unused MODs for a Godzilla Premium. All mods were bought for a Premium so they are for a premium or LE and some will work on a Pro. Can combine multiple mods to save on shipping. Prefer Venmo over PayPal. Message me if interested. I will post on the MOD thread as well.
Lermods Interactive Godzilla figure with trains - $160
Lermods Interactive Godzilla figure - Fire breathing - $75
Mezel Mods complete building set - Theatre, Subway and Noodle - $300
Mezel Mods Pinball UFO sign - $20

#20148 11 months ago

I'm having an issue with my Premium where balls aren't registering when they are getting locked in the tower. They make it up to the top just fine, but I don't get the typical video clip or any indication that the ball has been locked. After a bit the ball dislodging sequence (I'm certain that isn't the correct term I just don't know what else to call it) fires and the tower eventually comes down, sending the locked ball SDTM. It did this sporadically for some time but now it's doing it every time. I'm still relatively new to fixing problems on my machines and I'm wondering if someone has seen this issue before and could point me in the right direction. I tried searching around and it seems like there were code issues with this early on that are solved now, but to answer the question, the code is fully up to date, I just updated a few days ago. If this isn't the right board for this please let me know. Any help is much appreciated!

#20149 11 months ago

We have one Godzilla eye shooter rod in stock. Made by Pinball Mods Brasil. Handcrafted and hand painted. Professional high resistance resin and high quality clear coat.

https://lermods.com/products/godzilla-pinball-shooter-rod

IMG_0042 (resized).jpegIMG_0042 (resized).jpeg
#20150 11 months ago

Listed my Godzilla for sale if anyone on the West Coast is looking for a loaded LE:

sfbay.craigslist.org link

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 999.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution
Toppers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods
Toys/Add-ons
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Attleboro, MA
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods
Protection
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ScottieIA Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,071 posts in this topic. You are on page 403 of 542.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/403 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.