PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 402 of 548.
#20051 1 year ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Keep in mind, that replacement plastic will also crack from the bridge hitting it. Did you add a washer to the coil sleeve as described elsewhere in this thread?

I added one of the little clear rubber bumpers to the top of the magnet.

#20052 1 year ago

A Godzilla owner asked me to create a lockbar accent, and I'm now offering for sale it to the public: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/154824

Actual Photo
Godzilla - King of the Monsters (resized).pngGodzilla - King of the Monsters (resized).png
Simulated Photo
Pinside_archive_2987_3277015 (resized).jpgPinside_archive_2987_3277015 (resized).jpg

#20053 1 year ago

Any chance Stern pulls a back to back and releases the Godzilla topper tomorrow?

#20054 1 year ago

Got a new best for me on Monster Zero today! 1.5 Billion!

IMG_3850 (resized).JPGIMG_3850 (resized).JPG
#20055 1 year ago

So I spent some time over the weekend putting in a few upgrades on my GZ-Premium. Had time to dry install the Wiz Sideblades, the 3D DIY Mecha Spinner, the Tower roof SDTM fix, Cheko's flying saucer, Mezel's Lock 1/2/3 building marquee, and the Stern Shaker. Still in the box for another weekend, the two Mezel Noodle signs (left and right near the backboard), PBLs Tourney button Volume control replacement, the bridge replacement by Performance Pinball, Chrome Candy's bridge magnet plastic replacement, and the NECA1956 Godzilla replacement (hand painted to show blue back fins) for the back left corner. And soon to arrive is Davey's Neon #1.

All modding aside... I have to say, GZ is a really fun (albeit campy) game, and visually pretty amazing!

#20056 1 year ago

Anyone have a fix for balls hanging up here? It won't do a ball search on a plunge either until after it tilts.

20230403_172156 (resized).jpg20230403_172156 (resized).jpg
#20057 1 year ago

Mine will launch a ball save and recover when it gets stuck there.

#20058 1 year ago

Mid Feb Premium build here that arrived in Mid March. About 500 games on it and already starting to see metal dust in the cabinet. I don't notice any flipper strength loss yet but going to install Pinball Life flipper coil stops tomorrow. Probably best to just go ahead and do it for those just now getting their machines.

#20059 1 year ago

Question about the magnet on the top left. When it whips it around into the left loop orbit, is it supposed to do anything? Or does it just kinda throw it up into it a bit and then it comes back down? It seems to vary, but I've never noticed that it triggers anything.

#20060 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Has anyody used ninja balls succesfully in GZ.
Need to buy new balls for all my machines but half of these have at least 1 magnet.

Just always get these. Can use them in any game.

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=69

#20061 1 year ago
Quoted from jimbeam42:

Anyone have a fix for balls hanging up here? It won't do a ball search on a plunge either until after it tilts.
[quoted image]

Yes it’s been mentioned a lot if you search the thread. Most use a cabinet silicone bumper.

#20062 1 year ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

Any chance Stern pulls a back to back and releases the Godzilla topper tomorrow?

sounds good to me. fingers crossed theyre getting the art blades back in stock too.

#20063 1 year ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

Did they release a topper today?

#20065 1 year ago

Whoa baby. Didn’t realize the Titan balls shot up in price.

#20066 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Has anyone removed mechagodilla for repairs.. is it difficult?

Many, many months ago, someone posted in this thread that the magnet detached from the Mechagodzilla; the magnet had unscrewed itself just by the vibrations.

The entire assembly was held together by a single bolt, IIRC, and the OP said it was a massive PITA to align everything to screw it back together...

#20067 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Question about the magnet on the top left. When it whips it around into the left loop orbit, is it supposed to do anything? Or does it just kinda throw it up into it a bit and then it comes back down to add randomness? It seems to vary, but I've never noticed that it triggers anything.

also, I'd say 90% of the time when I hit mechagodzilla the ball lands on the ramp. I'm assuming this isn't by design. Is the magnet supposed to catch the ball and drop and possibly not doing that? Or is it just something that's going to happen?

#20068 1 year ago

So, been seeing quite a bit on speaker upgrades on here lately. Especially PRO owners like me. Just to clarify, IS there a 5.25" speaker that will mount without any adjustments or different mounting plates? Really want to put something different in there without a ton of $$$ spent and hassle, Can't believe how bad the stock speakers are in there.

#20069 1 year ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

So, been seeing quite a bit on speaker upgrades on here lately. Especially PRO owners like me. Just to clarify, IS there a 5.25" speaker that will mount without any adjustments or different mounting plates? Really want to put something different in there without a ton of $$$ spent and hassle, Can't believe how bad the stock speakers are in there.

Not sure it's possible to have a 5.25" speaker with a bolt circle for a 4" mounting. At a minimum you'd need an adapter (with a hole smaller than the 5.25" speaker you're installing which would probably suck) or to change the speaker mounting plates, which is a 10 minute job.

There are a couple DIY speaker/audio threads here on Pinside that might be helpful in sorting out your options.

Pinwoofer setup isn't cheap but the difference with the significantly upgraded speakers and amp is absolutely night and day. Especially in a game with great sound (and BIG sounds) like Godzilla.

#20070 1 year ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/5.25-SPIKE-2-Speaker-Plates.html

this is a kit. But also, they are cheaper if you get a light kit also.

#20071 1 year ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

I don't have a GZ (yet!) but swapped in 4" Kickers and a JBL 8" in the Cabinet on my Bond and it made a decent improvement. Pretty much plug and play to do the 4" and 8". Like someone said earlier, if you want 5.25" you can buy new mounting plates, buy a adapter plate or even drill new post holes for 5.25". Though the latter 2 options both then have a 5.25" speaker in a hole meant for 4"

#20072 1 year ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Many, many months ago, someone posted in this thread that the magnet detached from the Mechagodzilla; the magnet had unscrewed itself just by the vibrations.
The entire assembly was held together by a single bolt, IIRC, and the OP said it was a massive PITA to align everything to screw it back together...

ugh

#20073 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

also, I'd say 90% of the time when I hit mechagodzilla the ball lands on the ramp. I'm assuming this isn't by design. Is the magnet supposed to catch the ball and drop and possibly not doing that? Or is it just something that's going to happen?

You might try to loosen the wireform mounts and shift it a bit. I assume away from Mechagodzilla would work best but you may have to experiment. Also make sure the table is level and at proper pitch. If you get a lot of odd air alls etc you might also try lowering flipper power a bit. On my game a Mechagodzilla shot ends up on that wireform once in a blue moon.

You might also look into the position of his right arm. Apparently it varies from machine to machine.

#20074 1 year ago
Quoted from BW1029:

I don't have a GZ (yet!) but swapped in 4" Kickers and a JBL 8" in the Cabinet on my Bond and it made a decent improvement. Pretty much plug and play to do the 4" and 8". Like someone said earlier, if you want 5.25" you can buy new mounting plates, buy a adapter plate or even drill new post holes for 5.25". Though the latter 2 options both then have a 5.25" speaker in a hole meant for 4"

This 8 inch?

JBL Stage 810 800W Max 8" Stage Series Single 4 ohm Car Audio Subwoofer Speaker Bundled with Alphasonik Earbuds https://a.co/d/3Mogytv

#20075 1 year ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

So pinsound does sell a speaker kit. That is not as expensive as pinwoofer and works great

#20076 1 year ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

You might try to loosen the wireform mounts and shift it a bit. I assume away from Mechagodzilla would work best but you may have to experiment. Also make sure the table is level and at proper pitch. If you get a lot of odd air alls etc you might also try lowering flipper power a bit. On my game a Mechagodzilla shot ends up on that wireform once in a blue moon.
You might also look into the position of his right arm. Apparently it varies from machine to machine.

i popped a 1/2inch round clear bumper under the mechagodzilla and that eliminated the wire form shots for me.

#20077 1 year ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

This 8 inch?
JBL Stage 810 800W Max 8" Stage Series Single 4 ohm Car Audio Subwoofer Speaker Bundled with Alphasonik Earbuds https://a.co/d/3Mogytv

That's the one! new speakers and changing the EQ settings a bit make a big diff. No cut outs, or crackling, can feel the bass, just better all around audio quality

#20078 1 year ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Take a look at the first column here, super simple and cheap to upgrade!

http://bit.ly/sternaudio

#20079 1 year ago
Quoted from BW1029:

That's the one! new speakers and changing the EQ settings a bit make a big diff. No cut outs, or crackling, can feel the bass, just better all around audio quality

Thank you!

#20080 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

There is a stainless steel plate mounted UNDER the left spinner ramp plastics which is supposed to guide the ball to the center of the Mecha magnet. It has a gentle curve at the far end. That plate also has a slot in it to allow the plate to be adjusted a bit left or right and 'point' the ball travel to the center of the Mecha magnet. Simply loosen the screws holding the plastics and plate in place and try to adjust the plate to the right a bit. Then tighten the screws back down. See if that helps.

#20081 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

This may also be helpful to get you started on some possible adjustments you can do in VOL SETTINGS:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/improving-sound-quality-the-diy-route/page/24#post-7509164

#20082 1 year ago

Godzilla premium is arriving today. I'm very excited for this one. What do folks consider to be the essential mods and or fixes for the game?

So far I have purchased the Tower roof SDTM fix, Stern shaker and the Tokyo Neon sign. Are most people getting the Chrome Candy under bridge metal protector? What about Cliffys, Titan rubbers? Any advice is much appreciated.

#20083 1 year ago
Quoted from ColoradoJordan:

Godzilla premium is arriving today. I'm very excited for this one. What do folks consider to be the essential mods and or fixes for the game?
So far I have purchased the Tower roof SDTM fix, Stern shaker and the Tokyo Neon sign. Are most people getting the Chrome Candy under bridge metal protector? What about Cliffys, Titan rubbers? Any advice is much appreciated.

Shooter lane fix is a must. And I wouldn't install the roof fix immediately. Mine stock doesn't feed STDM.

#20084 1 year ago

The shaker is a no-brainer, takes 5 minutes to install and it has similiar high quality integration as the Jurassic Park code does. The ramps drop balls to the inlanes, but Stern has put an extra layer of mylar at those sites so switch slot protectors might be optional for HUO, and the outhole on the playfield already has a stainless protector installed by Stern. The SDTM fix visually looks good, so I installed it even though my machine didn't need it. The shooter lane fix MAY OR MAY NOT be needed, but I bought the stainless steel one just in case I start needing it. I bought Cheko's flying saucer which is a 2 minute install that makes the right side flying saucer look much more refined and matches the playfield artwork perfectly. You might want to consider a 8-inch woofer upgrade to get some sound depth, (I went with PBLs BOOM3k). The Mecha spinner has a great 3D printed model posted on Thangs to make your own spinner replacement (throw some metallic spray on it and looks sweet). You have Davey's Neon sign, so that is a plus!

Optional: Side Blades (tilt, Wiz, Stern, etc), HD Glass ($250 or so), Mezel's 4 piece building upgrade set to make that backboard stuff really 3D looking, Precision pinball flipper bats (3 needed, and I like the GREEN like GZ himself), and perhaps one of the sets of replacement BRIDGE structures to replace the plastics. Also, consider backbox speaker upgrades to Kicker 4, or Jensen 5.25" and mounting bracket plates.

#20085 1 year ago

Check the mod thread
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread

Roof SDTM fix isn't really necessary but at least it makes the top of the building look better. Pretty much all the mods are cosmetic so just get what you like.

#20086 1 year ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

The shaker is a no-brainer, takes 5 minutes to install and it has similiar high quality integration as the Jurassic Park code does. The ramps drop balls to the inlanes, but Stern has put an extra layer of mylar at those sites so switch slot protectors might be optional for HUO, and the outhole on the playfield already has a stainless protector installed by Stern. The SDTM fix visually looks good, so I installed it even though my machine didn't need it. The shooter lane fix MAY OR MAY NOT be needed, but I bought the stainless steel one just in case I start needing it. I bought Cheko's flying saucer which is a 2 minute install that makes the right side flying saucer look much more refined and matches the playfield artwork perfectly. You might want to consider a 8-inch woofer upgrade to get some sound depth, (I went with PBLs BOOM3k). The Mecha spinner has a great 3D printed model posted on Thangs to make your own spinner replacement (throw some metallic spray on it and looks sweet). You have Davey's Neon sign, so that is a plus!
Optional: Side Blades (tilt, Wiz, Stern, etc), HD Glass ($250 or so), Mezel's 4 piece building upgrade set to make that backboard stuff really 3D looking, Precision pinball flipper bats (3 needed, and I like the GREEN like GZ himself), and perhaps one of the sets of replacement BRIDGE structures to replace the plastics. Also, consider backbox speaker upgrades to Kicker 4, or Jensen 5.25" and mounting bracket plates.

This is a great list. I would also add Diddy’s Tesla Towers - they are superb. Maybe a jet? And I like lighted flipper buttons. GZ is such a great platform to mod.

#20087 1 year ago

OMG just added PinWoofer and its insane how much better it is. Single best thing I've done to a game! The sound now is clear and the mids and bass rock.

#20088 1 year ago

yes pinwoofer kicks ass- I just put one in my DP- Love it- game changer for sound

#20089 1 year ago

I have installed a lot of the mods mentioned here in my GZ, going on nearly 40 mods now. I think the shaker is pretty “essential”. Other than that, by far, the best mods to me are the ones that Stumblor and Jazzbouche have come up with, the Tokyo Neon sign which you already bought, the Lolly UFO with sling and backbox Godzilla breath lights, and the Atomic Godzilla. Their integration with the game is truly next level. They are not cheap but in my mind well worth it. And will only get better with the upcoming Noodle Bar building and the rest of buildings in the back.

#20090 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/5.25-SPIKE-2-Speaker-Plates.html
this is a kit. But also, they are cheaper if you get a light kit also.

Quoted from prentice:

Quoted from BW1029:

Appreciate all the opinions on sound. Just wondering if either the 8" JBL or the one from PBL and just 4" kickers will be just fine vs the 5.25"s? Don't play nearly enough as most of you

#20091 1 year ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Appreciate all the opinions on sound. Just wondering if either the 8" JBL or the one from PBL and just 4" kickers will be just fine vs the 5.25"s? Don't play nearly enough as most of you

Yep, you’ll get a ton of improvement from just the 4” plus new cabinet speaker. And it is super easy to add.

#20092 1 year ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

OMG just added PinWoofer and its insane how much better it is. Single best thing I've done to a game! The sound now is clear and the mids and bass rock.

Quoted from ktcoady12:

yes pinwoofer kicks ass- I just put one in my DP- Love it- game changer for sound

Nice job guys - happy you're satisfied!

https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-spike-super-kit/

PinWoofer PW-SPIKE-SPK KOP super kit 3DID (resized).jpgPinWoofer PW-SPIKE-SPK KOP super kit 3DID (resized).jpg
#20093 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

Yep, you’ll get a ton of improvement from just the 4” plus new cabinet speaker. And it is super easy to add.

Thanks. Looking forward to the upgrade for sure

#20094 1 year ago

Well I ordered replacement plastic set Nov 2021 just in case since the plastics were breaking under bridge. Finally shipping now. This is an in stock item and insane it should take this long! Was $220 shipped.

#20095 1 year ago
CB5A91BD-E498-49A0-9AE9-539A2298D83F (resized).pngCB5A91BD-E498-49A0-9AE9-539A2298D83F (resized).png9575E2A5-747A-41C3-AEBB-CF7DA55C8A1A (resized).png9575E2A5-747A-41C3-AEBB-CF7DA55C8A1A (resized).png
#20096 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Well I ordered replacement plastic set Nov 2021 just in case since the plastics were breaking under bridge. Finally shipping now. This is an in stock item and insane it should take this long! Was $220 shipped.

May I ask from whom? Straight from Stern?

#20097 1 year ago
Quoted from Fredouil:

For me, l didn’t removed the mesh, I use this foam spacer between the mesh and the speaker and no more vibration.[quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you get that foam ring from? Most of my NIB Sterns have had the "rattle" issue (despite them saying it's rare). If I know that fits, I'd pick up a couple.

#20098 1 year ago

Anyone have a suggestion on where I can purchase a new translite (premium)? I ordered from PinballLife but apparently their entire stock of Godzilla translites have slight imperfections or damage.

#20099 1 year ago
Quoted from RoadQueen:

I have installed a lot of the mods mentioned here in my GZ, going on nearly 40 mods now. I think the shaker is pretty “essential”. Other than that, by far, the best mods to me are the ones that Stumblor and Jazzbouche have come up with, the Tokyo Neon sign which you already bought, the Lolly UFO with sling and backbox Godzilla breath lights, and the Atomic Godzilla. Their integration with the game is truly next level. They are not cheap but in my mind well worth it. And will only get better with the upcoming Noodle Bar building and the rest of buildings in the back.

These look next level good.

Quoted from Markharris2000:

Fantastic write up.

I appreciate all the suggestions. I'll get to work now on acquiring these...

#20100 1 year ago

Art of Pinball Bridge
Tokyo Neon Set
Atomic Godzilla
Lolly UFO
Shooter Fix
Shaker
Invisiglass
Pinwoofer
Stern Artblades
Stern Shooter Rod

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 402 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/402 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.