IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,369 posts in this topic. You are on page 400 of 548.
#19951 1 year ago

Alright, oddball problem/question: I never really cared for Godzilla. I'd played it on location probably 50 times, and while exciting it never really clicked (no Elwin game has so far). What's been newly working for me in these instances is to buy it, and then discover that I actually do like it once I can focus on it a bit and play it more. So, being the intelligent dumbass I am I bought a Premium. And while I don't regret buying it, after another hundred games I've decided it's still not clicking. SO, my question: Has it taken anyone more than 150 games to finally "like" Godzilla? I think at this point, I'd know by now. I'm getting ready to list it, but figured I'd put this out there. And to be clear: It -is- an exciting game, that's fun to play, but it's not quite doing it for me.

oh, and:

Quoted from tedwasright:

We need to walk away from the idea that our game is lacking if it has no topper.

Agree 1000%. Seriously. It's like thinking my car isn't complete without the optional overpriced turbo. Or, in the case of most toppers, the equivalent of shiny metallic paint.

#19952 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Alright, oddball problem/question: I never really cared for Godzilla. I'd played it on location probably 50 times, and while exciting it never really clicked (no Elwin game has so far). What's been newly working for me in these instances is to buy it, and then discover that I actually do like it once I can focus on it a bit and play it more. So, being the intelligent dumbass I am I bought a Premium. And while I don't regret buying it, after another hundred games I've decided it's still not clicking. SO, my question: Has it taken anyone more than 150 games to finally "like" Godzilla? I think at this point, I'd know by now. I'm getting ready to list it, but figured I'd put this out there. And to be clear: It -is- an exciting game, that's fun to play, but it's not quite doing it for me.
oh, and:

Agree 1000%. Seriously. It's like thinking my car isn't complete without the optional overpriced turbo. Or, in the case of most toppers, the equivalent of shiny metallic paint.

I’ve owned my pro for over a year and recently added Stumblor mods to the game and it feels new and exciting. Might be an approach to take especially since you obviously have doubts About selling hence this post!

#19953 1 year ago

Car topper….

Car Topper (resized).pngCar Topper (resized).png
#19954 1 year ago
Quoted from Zuul:

Car topper…. [quoted image]

And side armor too!

#19955 1 year ago

I’m enjoying my Premium, but I think it could use more callouts. Getting a bit tired of the same Mechagodzilla callout when it spins around.

#19956 1 year ago
Quoted from maroot:

I’m enjoying my Premium, but I think it could use more callouts. Getting a bit tired of the same Mechagodzilla callout when it spins around.

Pro don’t spin so I am good!

#19957 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

oh, and:

I liked Godzilla the first time I played it on location.

But I just asked my girlfriend if she likes Godzilla (she has maybe 50 games on it) and she said a) yes and b) it's not a bad one for you to have taken a chance on since you should be able to sell it in a hot second.

#19958 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

I’ve owned my pro for over a year and recently added Stumblor mods to the game and it feels new and exciting. Might be an approach to take especially since you obviously have doubts About selling hence this post!

So if you don’t love the game, sink more money into it to see if you like it more?
By 150 plays if it’s not clicking, it’s not clicking. Modern machines are pretty fungible, you can easily move on to try something else.

#19959 1 year ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

I installed a fidelity speaker upgrade on my machine. with the burning city scape light mod and now the upgraded speakers the back of the speaker touches the metal box ( power supply i believe ) when the speaker panel is raised into place. has anyone ran into this and is this something to be concerned about?

4" speakers or 5.25" speakers? Keep in mind, I don't know whose light kit you are using. So, I can only speaker for my product, but a far as they are concerned, I designed that light frame type and have been selling them for over 5 years at this point and I've never heard of a 4" or 5.25" speaker that would not fit if they were mounted directly to the speaker plate. No gaskets, no spacers, no adapters...just speaker mounted to plate. With some 4" speakers that may require the user to either cut the bars out of the speaker holes on the factory 4" speaker plates or to buy my replacement 4" speaker plates (for type 11, 12 and 14 Speaker Light Kit use) that already has the 4" speaker holes open. Currently, it seems that most people doing speaker upgrades on SPIKE 2 games are opting for 5.25" speakers.

If the light kit was from me, please feel free to contact me at my support e-mail ([email protected]) and please send me a picture of how things are mounted on the right side of the back of the speaker panel.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#19960 1 year ago
Quoted from Caponicus:

So if you don’t love the game, sink more money into it to see if you like it more?
By 150 plays if it’s not clicking, it’s not clicking. Modern machines are pretty fungible, you can easily move on to try something else.

It’s only money

#19961 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

oh, and:

Sell it. You can get your money back out of it. It's considered to be a great game by most; let someone else enjoy it.

#19962 1 year ago
Quoted from Caponicus:

+1. Some games take a few plays to figure out but 50 is more than enough. It's okay to not like a popular game. Sell it and buy what you do like.

#19963 1 year ago

If you are getting to the 1st Kaiju battle and winning that, and then getting into tank/bridge/Tesla and changing cities and still don’t feel like it’s clicking, I would say it’s time to move on. For me, once I get through the first battle and change the city the game gets super intense and really fun.

#19964 1 year ago

Hello everyone,

My pinball machine is in the basement of my house and the place is quite dark...

I would therefore like to add (make it), two led bars in order to place them on each side of the cabin, above the art blades, just below the glass.

I find interesting things on the net, but it's clearly too expensive! Have any of you ever made this stuff yourself?

I was thinking of connecting to usb, but where? Side pediment? Near the shaker? usb 5v? usb 12?

Thank you for your opinions

#19965 1 year ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Sell it. You can get your money back out of it. It's considered to be a great game by most; let someone else enjoy it.

It's funny you mention "let someone else enjoy it" because that's part of my reasoning for buying pins and getting them into VT - pins for sale are relatively rare up here so I figure when I sell, "the area" gets a chance to get pins locally they otherwise wouldn't. Like a month old GZ.

Quoted from ggg71:

If you are getting to the 1st Kaiju battle and winning that, and then getting into tank/bridge/Tesla and changing cities and still don’t feel like it’s clicking, I would say it’s time to move on. For me, once I get through the first battle and change the city the game gets super intense and really fun.

I scored over a billion points the first night I had it here - progressing isn't really the issue. The lack of "This feels good" is my issue. And it's definitely -my- issue, which is fine.

#19966 1 year ago
Quoted from gizmo33:

Hello everyone,
My pinball machine is in the basement of my house and the place is quite dark...
I would therefore like to add (make it), two led bars in order to place them on each side of the cabin, above the art blades, just below the glass.
I find interesting things on the net, but it's clearly too expensive! Have any of you ever made this stuff yourself?
I was thinking of connecting to usb, but where? Side pediment? Near the shaker? usb 5v? usb 12?

Search you tube.. Hurry Up Pinball has a tutorial with parts list to build your own Led Strip lights as you describe.

#19967 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

It's funny you mention "let someone else enjoy it" because that's part of my reasoning for buying pins and getting them into VT - pins for sale are relatively rare up here so I figure when I sell, "the area" gets a chance to get pins locally they otherwise wouldn't. Like a month old GZ.

I scored over a billion points the first night I had it here - progressing isn't really the issue. The lack of "This feels good" is my issue. And it's definitely -my- issue, which is fine.

I'd sell now; before supply catches up with demand so you can at least break-even. Too bad you're not feeling it. My suggestion is to attend Pintastic this year & play until you find something that really clicks then buy. Goodluck.

#19968 1 year ago
Quoted from gizmo33:

Hello everyone,

There is threads on pinside to make your own, just search!!

#19969 1 year ago

Having an issue with the mini ramp rotating at random.

Anyhow have this issue and figure out a solution?

#19970 1 year ago
Quoted from gizmo33:

Hello everyone,

Give this a shot: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poor-mans-stadium-lighting

#19971 1 year ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Having an issue with the mini ramp rotating at random.
Anyhow have this issue and figure out a solution?

It might be having trouble verifying the position? Check cabling to the sensor shown on page 56? Right side of page item #3.

#19972 1 year ago

OH MY LORDY!

WHAT. A. GAME!

Finally took the plunge and bought one.. (Kinda shy'd away from pinball for a year or so)
I did express interest prior to release with our distro here in OZ but I was too late to secure an LE.

Anyways as they say better late than never! This game has blown me away and I haven't even scratched the surface!
Well done to all involved in creating this masterpiece.

#19973 1 year ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

It might be having trouble verifying the position? Check cabling to the sensor shown on page 56? Right side of page item #3.

Disconnected and reseated the connector. Still same issue.

Any other ideas?

I reinstalled the firmware about a month ago because the shaker motor was going nuts. Ended up that it was actually the ramp opto that had conked out.

Could some sort of error in the software cause this?

#19974 1 year ago
Quoted from Nds777:

They’re already trying to make that idea into reality by adding new features with the purchase of the topper.

Just another move by a greedy company.
Vote with you wallets.

#19975 1 year ago

Trying to instal the Stumblor Neon sign mod. I need to disconnect this scoop sign connector but it won’t budge. Any tips to get it disconnected? There is no clip on top to hook it or place to pull back.

IMG_7203 (resized).jpegIMG_7203 (resized).jpeg
#19976 1 year ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Trying to instal the Stumblor Neon sign mod. I need to disconnect this scoop sign connector but it won’t budge. Any tips to get it disconnected? There is no clip on top to hook it or place to pull back.
[quoted image]

Just grip tight and pull. It is tough but it will budge.

#19977 1 year ago

Probably a long shot, but does anybody know where this goes? Just got GZ delivered today and found this in the hole where back box bolts go.

IMG_20230331_212325980 (resized).jpgIMG_20230331_212325980 (resized).jpg
#19978 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

Was trying to avoid pliers but they did the trick. Thanks-

#19979 1 year ago
Quoted from JakePG:

Probably a long shot, but does anybody know where this goes? Just got GZ delivered today and found this in the hole where back box bolts go.[quoted image]

Inside coin door

CCC11BAD-6452-4534-83C6-4F4E2753CF31 (resized).jpegCCC11BAD-6452-4534-83C6-4F4E2753CF31 (resized).jpeg
#19980 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Inside coin door
[quoted image]

Boom. Thank you.

#19981 1 year ago
Quoted from JakePG:

Boom. Thank you.

LoL. I had one of those loose in the bottom of my shipping box as well!

#19982 1 year ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

[quoted image]

Squeeze side to side with pliers, it will open slightly,

#19983 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

You can gently pry the sides with a small screw driver. Be gentle and it will not deform the plug.

#19984 1 year ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

LoL. I had one of those loose in the bottom of my shipping box as well!

The funniest thing about it is that before I posted, I said to my wife "some guy will probably know. He'll say it goes on the coin door or something."

#19985 1 year ago

Hey folks. I joined the club this week! This GZ Premium is my first NIB pin. I'm glad there weren't any major issues, but I am having some of the minor problems others have reported. Since this pin is fresh off the line, I figured it might be good to let ppl know that these problems are still happening.

1) The under-bridge/over-magnet plastic is the shorter modified variety.. it's still getting clipped a little by the bridge and I can see some damage starting to form. I want to try the fix (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/128#post-6714220) where you add a washer to the coil stop. QUESTION: Am I supposed to be putting a small washer inside_ the sleeve? Or a big washer outside around the metal nub on the coil stop like this (https://pinballvegas.com/pics/006aiq3.jpg)? Seems weird to add a loose small washer inside the sleeve, but that's what it looks like in the photo.

2) Two balls were occasionally getting kicked to shooter lane and getting stuck. Reduced the trough kick out value and the problem is gone.

3) The building VUK sometimes takes two tries before the ball makes it to the top. I haven't attempted to fix this, but I see a couple ideas in the thread. This is low priority for me since it doesn't seem to be causing any damage.

4) After about 40 plays, the two sides of the bridge plastics started getting stuck on each other and preventing the bridge from dropping. Gonna try loosening the plastics and moving them apart tonight.

5) Manual plunge skill shots are hard because of the sloppy launch. Still working my way through this thread looking for a fix.

6) Magna grab is working great.

#19986 1 year ago
Quoted from cheezywhiz:

1) The under-bridge/over-magnet plastic is the shorter modified variety.. it's still getting clipped a little by the bridge and I can see some damage starting to form. I want to try the fix (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/128#post-6714220) where you add a washer to the coil stop. QUESTION: Am I supposed to be putting a small washer inside_ the sleeve? Or a big washer outside around the metal nub on the coil stop like this (https://pinballvegas.com/pics/006aiq3.jpg)? Seems weird to add a loose small washer inside the sleeve, but that's what it looks like in the photo.

Small washer goes inside the sleeve.

Quoted from cheezywhiz:

4) After about 40 plays, the two sides of the bridge plastics started getting stuck on each other and preventing the bridge from dropping. Gonna try loosening the plastics and moving them apart tonight.

Yep. That will do the trick.

Have fun!

#19987 1 year ago
Quoted from cheezywhiz:

Hey folks. I joined the club this week! This GZ Premium is my first NIB pin. I'm glad there weren't any major issues, but I am having some of the minor problems others have reported. Since this pin is fresh off the line, I figured it might be good to let ppl know that these problems are still happening.
2) Two balls were occasionally getting kicked to shooter lane and getting stuck. Reduced the trough kick out value and the problem is gone.
3) The building VUK sometimes takes two tries before the ball makes it to the top. I haven't attempted to fix this, but I see a couple ideas in the thread. This is low priority for me since it doesn't seem to be causing any damage.
5) Manual plunge skill shots are hard because of the sloppy launch. Still working my way through this thread looking for a fix.
6) Magna grab is working great.

Get the shooter lane fix from Chrome Candy or the plastic version (from Lermods?) in the market place here and your skill shots will be smoother.

#19988 1 year ago

Neon Sign mod installed. Art blades installed. Shooter installed. Productive night!

70200866375__645D3A25-1EE0-4F78-B5A8-8E289192F479 (resized).jpeg70200866375__645D3A25-1EE0-4F78-B5A8-8E289192F479 (resized).jpegIMG_7211 (resized).jpegIMG_7211 (resized).jpegIMG_7212 (resized).jpegIMG_7212 (resized).jpegIMG_7220 (resized).jpegIMG_7220 (resized).jpeg
#19989 1 year ago
Quoted from JakePG:

Boom. Thank you.

Happens all the time!

#19990 1 year ago

I've lit Monster Zero like three or four times now...

I swear I can't hit the building to save my life when it's lit. I've only successfully started it once LOL.

Is it just me? I'm decent with the same shot for Oxygen Destroyer but I guess the Monster Zero pressure gets to me.

#19991 1 year ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

I swear I can't hit the building to save my life when it's lit. I've only successfully started it once LOL.
Is it just me? I'm decent with the same shot for Oxygen Destroyer but I guess the Monster Zero pressure gets to me.

You just need to calm down, cradle the ball and put it there. My jinx is the left ramp in certain modes, just can't hit the darn thing in 20 tries

#19992 1 year ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

every time i get to something new for the first time I choke.

technically the monster zero start is more like godzilla multiball because the building is down to expose the vuk path. If you have no problem locking balls for multiball, you are just psyching yourself out on monster zero.

#19993 1 year ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

Not just you. I read/heard something a while back suggesting that many times when you need to take a shot under pressure, you tend to flip early. That was 100% the case for me, so when I hit those kind of spots (or any of the mini-wizard shots that follow in MZ or Terror, etc), I have to slow my brain down and relax, then the shots come.

#19994 1 year ago

I have a bunch of unused MODs for a Godzilla Premium. All mods were bought for a Premium so they are for a premium or LE and some will work on a Pro. Can combine multiple mods to save on shipping. Prefer Venmo over PayPal. Message me if interested. I will post on the MOD thread as well.

Naegele Oil Building - Weathered, With Diddy Sign - $200
Lermods Interactive Godzilla figure with trains - $160
Lermods Interactive Godzilla figure - Fire breathing - $75
Lermods - Interactive city scoop light - $20
Lermods - Flasher Mod - $20
Lermods - Trough light on green - $7
Mezelmods Godzilla pinball ramp illumination - $15
MezelModsn Godzilla Backboard Illumination - Blue - $15
Mezel Mods complete building set - Theatre, Subway and Noodle - $300
High End Mods Oxygen destroyer with Frog metal extension -$120
Mezel Mods Pinball UFO sign - $20

#19995 1 year ago

Godzilla has arrived!

1BCBD3FF-A397-42C0-8092-895CAA79A8DD (resized).jpeg1BCBD3FF-A397-42C0-8092-895CAA79A8DD (resized).jpeg7B8B781C-7E2D-44EE-A06F-6286E9B46640 (resized).jpeg7B8B781C-7E2D-44EE-A06F-6286E9B46640 (resized).jpegDA328314-D171-4238-8FEE-D7DCB5177AF2 (resized).jpegDA328314-D171-4238-8FEE-D7DCB5177AF2 (resized).jpeg4C2E7F15-8D8F-43A9-87BF-119D3C13DB25 (resized).jpeg4C2E7F15-8D8F-43A9-87BF-119D3C13DB25 (resized).jpeg
#19996 1 year ago

Sold items marked below.

Quoted from drbrain:

I have a bunch of unused MODs for a Godzilla Premium. All mods were bought for a Premium so they are for a premium or LE and some will work on a Pro. Can combine multiple mods to save on shipping. Prefer Venmo over PayPal. Message me if interested. I will post on the MOD thread as well.
Naegele Oil Building - Weathered, With Diddy Sign - $200
Lermods Interactive Godzilla figure with trains - $160
Lermods Interactive Godzilla figure - Fire breathing - $75
Lermods - Interactive city scoop light - $20 - SOLD
Lermods - Flasher Mod - $20 - SOLD
Lermods - Trough light on green - $7 - SOLD
Mezelmods Godzilla pinball ramp illumination - $15 - SOLD
MezelModsn Godzilla Backboard Illumination - Blue - $15 - SOLD
Mezel Mods complete building set - Theatre, Subway and Noodle - $300
High End Mods Oxygen destroyer with Frog metal extension -$120
Mezel Mods Pinball UFO sign - $20

#19997 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Godzilla has arrived![quoted image]

Selling these?

#19998 1 year ago

Does anyone else here have the Pingraffix Powerbladez installed?

They look amazing, but the loud buzzing from the EL lighting is driving me crazy…

Has anyone found a solution for this?

#19999 1 year ago

My friend noticed my GI lights were very faint in the lower half of the playfield tonight. Any ideas on why the lower GI (white lights) would be working but dim? I haven’t tried to check connections yet (or anything else) but hoping someone w more experience might have an idea of what’s wrong. Thanks!

#20000 1 year ago
Quoted from THEFOZ:

My friend noticed my GI lights were very faint in the lower half of the playfield tonight. Any ideas on why the lower GI (white lights) would be working but dim? I haven’t tried to check connections yet (or anything else) but hoping someone w more experience might have an idea of what’s wrong. Thanks!

All GI or some?
If it is just the one under the slings, they are likely damaged by vibration or the socket is a bit on the loose side.
My iron maiden kills the GI under the slings. Changed them like 3-4 times in 1.5 years.
I suspect it is the vibration but never cared to look very hard into it.
If it is all the GI maybe look in the manual and check what is feeding power to the GI.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

There are 27,369 posts in this topic. You are on page 400 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/400?hl=mapalot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.