PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 548.
#101 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Know your place Pro buyers....seriously, who would buy the 'shit' version?....poor people it seems.[quoted image]

I buy pro models as those are the ones I see in tournaments helps to practice on them.

#102 2 years ago
Quoted from Apex:

Put my deposit down last night for a premium. First NIB I have bought at launch. Is it November yet?

Is November the likely delivery for Premiums? I put my deposit down yesterday.

#103 2 years ago

Here is an idea for a mod...

A Godzilla “doll” above the upper flipper

It would come with a flipper topper to make the flipper look like an extension of his tail (with big spikes and all)

Godzilla could also have a blue led coming out of his mouth (red in my crappy mock) pointing at the bridge

AB1831F8-296F-49F2-9EC6-7375E10F7101 (resized).jpegAB1831F8-296F-49F2-9EC6-7375E10F7101 (resized).jpeg
#104 2 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

Can anyone recommend a good distributor? Or would it be better to just order/pick up right from Stern? What kind of prices are you guys getting on a Premium?
I've only bought one NIB pin from the guys in Colorado, don't remember the name, Game Room Guys or something like that...

I would recommend Flip N Out Pinball. Talk to Zach. They are in Indiana.

The Colorado company was probably Game Exchange of Colorado? JJ Babich there is great too.

#105 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

You're thinking of Game Exchange in Denver.

Yes, that was them -

#106 2 years ago
Quoted from fswanson24:

I would recommend Flip N Out Pinball. Talk to Zach. They are in Indiana.
The Colorado company was probably Game Exchange of Colorado? JJ Babich there is great too.

Great, thank you!

And yes, Game Exchange it was -

#107 2 years ago
Quoted from MUGEN_4_LIFE:

Im guessing some folks are basing the sellout was crazy due to godzilla but forgetting the main reason was actually for those keith elwin loyalists like myself... I actually wanted an LE but prem was only thing available from my distro.

I'm sure the designer is a factor with the more serious pinball enthusiast crowd, but the average person and operators I'd imagine would go largely by theme.

That said I suppose that makes sense for an LE sellout given that only more hardcore fans would be looking to buy immediately upon announcement, let alone even be aware if the announcement.

I'm curious though in recent history has there ever been an LE that didn't sell out very fast? Not counting gouged prices, but at msrp.

#108 2 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

I'm sure the designer is a factor with the more serious pinball enthusiast crowd, but the average person and operators I'd imagine would go largely by theme.
That said I suppose that makes sense for an LE sellout given that only more hardcore fans would be looking to buy immediately upon announcement, let alone even be aware if the announcement.
I'm curious though in recent history has there ever been an LE that didn't sell out very fast? Not counting gouged prices, but at msrp.

Stranger Things

#109 2 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

I'm going for a Premium, but I had no intention of ever getting another NIB game, not at the prices they are now. I've loved Godzilla since I was a kid though, and when I saw this wasn't the new, fat Godzilla with razor sharp teeth, but the old one that I watched on tv (late 60s, early 70s), plus the interesting layout and cool mechs, I thought well, maybe.... Showed it to the wife, she thought it looked cool, and she said "Sell something and let's get it"...

So, now trying to decide if I sell my only NIB game (Met LE MoP), or sell a lesser game and add to the slush fund.

#110 2 years ago

Never do that / NEVER

Quoted from pinzrfun:So, now trying to decide if I sell my only NIB game (Met LE MoP

#111 2 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

Define very fast?

#112 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Define very fast?

Maybe within 2 weeks to a month. I'm a relative noob compared to many people here. Got my first NIB with a Iron Maiden premium. Would have gotten an LE, but was already gone, and I got one of the early run of Maiden.

The only LEs I seriously looked at since for Stern were Elvira and and Godzilla. For Elvira I wanted an LE and had the opportunity to get at msrp, but didn't have the funds at the time, and for Godzilla I would have gotten an LE at msrp, but was only seeing inflated prices. I'm a Godzilla fan, but relatively casual compared to many, so I just went with thw premium sin w with the price bump that is basically the same price as an LE previously.

#113 2 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

Can anyone recommend a good distributor? Or would it be better to just order/pick up right from Stern? What kind of prices are you guys getting on a Premium?
I've only bought one NIB pin from the guys in Colorado, don't remember the name, Game Room Guys or something like that...

JJ at Game Exchange in Colorado is top notch!

#114 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

JJ at Game Exchange in Colorado is top notch!

Agreed, have dealing with him for many years.

Cointaker is also great.

#115 2 years ago

I was lucky enough to snag an LE Tuesday. This will be my first NIB LE pin. Looks pretty awesome, can't wait! Should probably be first half October delivery from what I've heard.

#116 2 years ago
Quoted from fswanson24:

I was lucky enough to snag an LE Tuesday. This will be my first NIB LE pin. Looks pretty awesome, can't wait! Should probably be first half October delivery from what I've heard.

What state are you in, besides euphoria? wondering when they will hit Washington

#117 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

What state are you in, besides euphoria? wondering when they will hit Washington

I'm in Ohio.

#118 2 years ago

I am considering getting a premium, but I want to wait a couple months to order one. Do you think i will be able to get one, or will it probably be back ordered for months?

#119 2 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

I am considering getting a premium, but I want to wait a couple months to order one. Do you think i will be able to get one, or will it probably be back ordered for months?

Call Melissa at Cointaker to make sure, but you should be able to order now (deposit $1000) and if you change your mind you can tell her and get a refund.

This way you can get your spot in line and if you want it pay the balance when it ships.

#120 2 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

I preordered a premium on launch day and the guy told me I got the last one for a batch that is supposed to go out October.

If you ordered in a couple months hard to say, I'd think it might come down to if they emphasize pumping out tons of Godzilla games vs. A small initial allotment and then work on their backlog of other games.

#121 2 years ago

Man, Stern really is in the cat bird seat, do they make a grip of Godzillas, or make a grip of classic titles? all for a avalanche of Cash.

This hobby really needs American, CGC, and JJP to step up, if they could just release a new title every 6 months there would be real competition for our dollars.

Right now if you can get a game in a box and ship it, you can sell out.

#122 2 years ago

I am waiting to see what Cactus remake looks like...But I will probably grad a prem. Game does look sick thou. I am sure they will be making these for a while, looks like a hit like Gnr

#123 2 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Man, Stern really is in the cat bird seat, do they make a grip of Godzillas, or make a grip of classic titles? all for a avalanche of Cash.
This hobby really needs American, CGC, and JJP to step up, if they could just release a new title every 6 months there would be real competition for our dollars.
Right now if you can get a game in a box and ship it, you can sell out.

I think if Spooky continues their upward trajectory they will be a real force to contend with down the line. I've had a fair amount of mechanical issues with my Alice Cooper, but it's a beautiful looking pin inside and out and with all the factory extras that were available I think it compares very well to a Stern premium. The playfield doesn't have a mark on it and it feels built like a tank.

I'm getting Halloween soon and hope that it is a little smoother out of the box then ACNC, but I feel like I'm getting a relative bargain for the Halloween CE compared to a Stern LE; especially after the recent Stern price bump.

#124 2 years ago

Officially in on a Premium. Won't get it til the next run, first quarter 2022.

#125 2 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

I think if Spooky continues their upward trajectory they will be a real force to contend with down the line. I've had a fair amount of mechanical issues with my Alice Cooper, but it's a beautiful looking pin inside and out and with all the factory extras that were available I think it compares very well to a Stern premium. The playfield doesn't have a mark on it and it feels built like a tank.
I'm getting Halloween soon and hope that it is a little smoother out of the box then ACNC, but I feel like I'm getting a relative bargain for the Halloween CE compared to a Stern LE; especially after the recent Stern price bump.

Yep, love my Alice, it feels like a stacked premium, with a heavier solid cabinet.
My TNA, Alice, and Rick Morty playfields are like glass.

Don't be surprised if Spooky moves to a bigger factory again, in the next year or so.
My friend is getting the ce Halloween, so I passed on this Spooky round.

Though I will be looking for a used Ultraman in the future.
Godzilla layout looks rad, congrats to those who ordered, the art is ok, just wish Gozilla didn't look like a Watermelon.

They just need to color correct Godzilla, tone down the Green.

#126 2 years ago

In with an LE

#127 2 years ago

Thought I had an LE but it fell through. Still looking!

#128 2 years ago

I was happy to get confirmation with my distributor on an LE yesterday. Must….have…. all the Elwin’s!

#129 2 years ago

Got a premium order in the day it was announced. Distributor says I'll have it sometime in October.

#130 2 years ago

First quarter 2022 premium

#131 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

First quarter 2022 premium

I was also told October/November for first batch of premiums by my distribitor.

Looking forward to the DeadFlip stream tonight!

#132 2 years ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

I was also told October/November for first batch of premiums by my distribitor.
Looking forward to the DeadFlip stream tonight!

Traded up a DeadPool spot.

What time is DeadFlip tonight?

#133 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Traded up a DeadPool spot.
What time is DeadFlip tonight?

6PM CDT

#134 2 years ago

Looks good, gameplay is certainly there but the music stinks.

#135 2 years ago

I'm thinking Godzilla just increased the price of Ultraman since having the pair is gonna be an incredible combo.

Can't wait for October!

#136 2 years ago

Lookin for an LE

#137 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Looks good, gameplay is certainly there but the music stinks.

Lol the music was the best thing about the steam, it’s rocking. I was worried the game would be like the trailer

#138 2 years ago

Kaneda is giving away an LE spot for msrp. But he’s also bacheloretteing off

#139 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Lol the music was the best thing about the steam, it’s rocking.

That's the problem. I wish it was more orchestral, that soundtrack and main narrator voice doesn't fit the theme at all but what else is new.

#140 2 years ago

I think the narrator voice is suppose to be similar to Raymond Burr's voice from the original Godzilla movie, American release with Raymond Burr as the American lead. He played a radio announcer detailing Godzilla's march through the city.

#141 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

That's the problem. I wish it was more orchestral, that soundtrack and main narrator voice doesn't fit the theme at all but what else is new.

I don’t think you could be more wrong. This game is campy cheesy high energy badassery fun.

#142 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I don’t think you could be more wrong. This game is campy cheesy high energy badassery fun.

The game looks great, gameplay/code looked like ur regular Elwin goodness I just didn't like the music. If I really think about it with the exception of Maiden I haven't really liked any of Sterns music/callouts.

#143 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

The game looks great, gameplay/code looked like ur regular Elwin goodness I just didn't like the music. If I really think about it with the exception of Maiden I haven't really liked any of Sterns music/callouts.

Dude after watching the stream this feels like maiden 2.0! They have similar vibes in terms of being fun rocking pins with crazy themes!

I couldn’t be happier with this. After the Trailer I feared this was another AIQ. A game ruined by presentation with no soul. It’s the opposite, it’s pure soul. Completely inspired and only at .75 code. If you can’t tell im blown away.

#144 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Dude after watching the stream this feels like maiden 2.0! They have similar vibes in terms of being fun rocking pins with crazy themes!

I don't want Godzilla to be "Rockin" I stated it looks great, but the soundtrack stinks. Here ya go.

Plenty of Godzilla Greatness here.
16:33

#145 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Kaneda is giving away an LE spot for msrp. But he’s also bacheloretteing off

Thank you! I am going to try.

#146 2 years ago

Yeah the building going down is worth the upgrade. Looks incredible!

#147 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Plenty of Godzilla Greatness here.

I was ready to disagree with you until I actually watched/listened to that video… it is fantastic.

#148 2 years ago

No discussion of the Deadflip video? I can't insult people and insight anger when no one is posting.

I can't find any other threads on Godzilla either?

#149 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I can't find any other threads on Godzilla either?

LOL....

#150 2 years ago

What model must i order? LE or Premium? In Europe LE it's around 3000 usd more expensive than Premium, is a lot of money.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

15,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/3?hl=scandell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.