Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,320 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 547.
#1901 2 years ago

Your just missing the shot.
Or your aim is off for the loop.

Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I'm getting loads of shots up the right ramp, that roll back down and SDTM.
Most come from the upper flipper missing the loop and going up the ramp, but also some of the fly shots that just don't have enough juice end up rolling back down and draining.
Is this the design of the game, or is mine off?

#1902 2 years ago

But yes, if it’s not straight up the right ramp, most of the time is going SDTM

Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

Your just missing the shot.
Or your aim is off for the loop.

#1903 2 years ago

Anyone else love to sing “MOTHRA” when you get the left outlane ball save? I sure do!!!

#1904 2 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

Anyone else love to sing “MOTHRA” when you get the left outlane ball save? I sure do!!!

I feel stupid… but can’t help myself.

#1905 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Somebody around here said they already got their Elvira 40th the other day.

Doubt that my guy said Nov 29th production on mine.

#1906 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

I feel stupid… but can’t help myself.

Yes, I sing it too.

#1907 2 years ago

No mater how bad it can get out there in the real world. I have always known, if Godzilla was here, (someone is getting there ass kicked) Now I can be reminded of that everyday.

#1908 2 years ago

MEZELmods building for the Pro with interactive lighting.

36A07BB5-145C-4F87-90E1-DC744C85B263 (resized).jpeg36A07BB5-145C-4F87-90E1-DC744C85B263 (resized).jpegBC33C1F5-643D-4152-8BA8-2DB4D3A73E0D (resized).jpegBC33C1F5-643D-4152-8BA8-2DB4D3A73E0D (resized).jpeg
#1909 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

Ya that’s how I left it, on the second pic….what’s that artwork you’ve got on the speaker panel?

This is a magnet that covers the grill. From WizardMod they make them for many Stern games and others.

#1910 2 years ago

How is the ball supposed to drop from the magnet? Mine seems to drop several mm away from the flipper at the closest.

#1911 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

How is the ball supposed to drop from the magnet? Mine seems to drop several mm away from the flipper at the closest.

Its too far to get a good shot? Since its a "hanging" from magnet, the side-to-side leveling would play a big role. I played the Pro at first a few weeks ago and the ball always dropped on top of the bat. Would either bounce to the left, or too far to the right to even hit. My game that I think I leveled properly a few days ago drops perfectly for a solid shot as long as the ball is not swiveling when the magnet releases.

#1912 2 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

MEZELmods building for the Pro with interactive lighting. [quoted image][quoted image]

Nice job! That building looks great

#1913 2 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

i have used my nose and forehead. LOL hard to see the balls in time though.... im too fat to get my leg up there. maybe i could plop my belly up there.

Why oh why can’t they move the action button near a flipper button… the only time I got the action button when balls are flying, is accidentally.

#1914 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

#966 just stomped it's way to MN
[quoted image][quoted image]

I think we wait the longest, especially rural MN like myself. My LE should get in late this week. Says Mon, but then always have to add two days, then add another two-three days for local company to deliver the handoff. All in all 13 days wait after being shipped from Automated is standard.

#1915 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Guys,
quick q - on the right side of the back box where the Stern Insider plaque is - how hard does it look to remove that? is it just a decal/sticker? it looks awful.
Neil.

I made a post here with pictures about removing it and rehabbing the sticker for reuse if someone wants to:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/28#post-6582369

#1916 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

JohnTTwo reported getting his already, in the stupid Price Bubble thread.

#1917 2 years ago
Quoted from chickenscratch:

Why oh why can’t they move the action button near a flipper button… the only time I got the action button when balls are flying, is accidentally.

If you're not afraid to cut a new hole in the side of your cabinet I'm sure it wouldn't be that big of a deal to extend or tap into the wires and install a second button. I assume that the wires already pass by one side or the other on their way to the lock down bar receiver.

#1918 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Its too far to get a good shot?

Yes too far, it's like I have to reach for the ball, can make a loop but it's very weak.

#1919 2 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

If you're not afraid to cut a new hole in the side of your cabinet I'm sure it wouldn't be that big of a deal to extend or tap into the wires and install a second button. I assume that the wires already pass by one side or the other on their way to the lock down bar receiver.

I'd do a guitar/piano pedal before I did that. Seriously considered it.

#1920 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Yes too far, it's like I have to reach for the ball, can make a loop but it's very weak.

Where is it hanging in the magnet when it drops? I forgot to bring my digital level up check mine, but just did a quick game and during the magna grab video as you're waiting for it to drop, it hangs sightly to the left and at release goes straight to flipper. You could maybe try raising the right side sightly.

PXL_20211107_201730815~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20211107_201730815~2 (resized).jpg
#1921 2 years ago

Be sure and add your review for GZLE. The LE version will make its rating debut tonight!

436303B3-B9A4-4894-9BBD-8C80ABB1F3EF (resized).jpeg436303B3-B9A4-4894-9BBD-8C80ABB1F3EF (resized).jpeg
#1922 2 years ago
Quoted from chickenscratch:

I ordered one of these for the action button

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1923 2 years ago
Quoted from Ajoelson579:

I get that I can go on land. It’s just a long way for a lobster/shrimp to walk. The other cities just make a lot more sense.

I apologize if I'm sounding like a super geek, which I know I am, but Ebirah travelling a long way across land can easily be explained as well. The Xiliens, as shown in 'Invasion of the Astro Monster' can transport Godzilla and Rodan (See below) and bring them across the solar system to Planet X. In addition, in 'Godzilla: Final Wars (2004)', they pick up monsters and transport them in that movie as well. I haven't yet gotten into the game so I don't know if that was Stern's intention or they were just taking creative license. But it can be assumed that that's how Ebirah gets to Paris.

If just so happens that this issue can be explained. In many of the Godzilla movies, there are enormous gaps in logic. Just go watch 'Godzilla vs. Megalon' and you can see an entire movie that is absent of logic.

be467ede6ec628d502105dfffcb630fe (resized).jpgbe467ede6ec628d502105dfffcb630fe (resized).jpg
#1924 2 years ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

I ordered one of these for the action button[quoted image]

We use granddaughters to push the action button

received_611848556621774 (resized).jpegreceived_611848556621774 (resized).jpeg
#1925 2 years ago
Quoted from jcg9998:

I apologize if I'm sounding like a super geek, which I know I am, but Ebirah travelling a long way across land can easily be explained as well. The Xiliens, as shown in 'Invasion of the Astro Monster' can transport Godzilla and Rodan (See below) and bring them across the solar system to Planet X. In addition, in 'Godzilla: Final Wars (2004)', they pick up monsters and transport them in that movie as well. I haven't yet gotten into the game so I don't know if that was Stern's intention or they were just taking creative license. But it can be assumed that that's how Ebirah gets to Paris.
If just so happens that this issue can be explained. In many of the Godzilla movies, there are enormous gaps in logic. Just go watch 'Godzilla vs. Megalon' and you can see an entire movie that is absent of logic.[quoted image]

Hey if you are a real Godzilla fan you would never mention such a thing.

#1926 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Wow, Mine was built on November 1st, got mine on November 4th, so hope u get it soon.

#1927 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Yeah but it’s a jump ramp sending the ball against a rounded surface, so it’s probably going to fly different directions sometimes.
This purely a guess here, but I’d guess they maybe didn’t design it intentionally that way but maybe since it’s a fighting game they thought it fit with the action and left it that way. Again, purely speculation.

I haven't played Godzilla yet, but my first run premium should be shipping soon.

They did have a somewhat similar sounding thing in Iron Maiden where an air ball could sometimes get a lucky bounce and drop into the sarcophagus lock. It even had a specific callout for it "dirty pool or something like that. So it didn't quite seem intended in normal play, but it seems they must have known it could happen at times to implement the voice over, so seemed like a cool Easter egg.

#1928 2 years ago

I don't get how the stern connect works. I was able to register my game to my phone. I am able to scan my code into the game and see myself as player one but nothing ever recorded to my account (phone). It has worked only 2 times so far. When I first set it up and one other time so it has only recorded 6 games so far. I am not sure what I did those 2 times so it shows up on my phone. Also those were the only times I saw achievements coming on the game screen.

How do I know when it is connected to my account? Or what do I do?

#1929 2 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I don't get how the stern connect works. I was able to register my game to my phone. I am able to scan my code into the game and see myself as player one but nothing ever recorded to my account (phone). It has worked only 2 times so far. When I first set it up and one other time so it has only recorded 6 games so far. I am not sure what I did those 2 times so it shows up on my phone. Also those were the only times I saw achievements coming on the game screen.
How do I know when it is connected to my account? Or what do I do?

I’m not sure if it’s recording all my achievements but it has my high score and that I’ve gained super JP etc.

It’s nice being logged in and seeing your name and the high score automatically filled in.

I do think Stern should have as an app not just a website login.

#1930 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

It’s nice being logged in and seeing your name and the high score automatically filled in

I am logged in but mine doesn't record anything.

I also agree it needs an app not a website.

#1931 2 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I am logged in but mine doesn't record anything.
I also agree it needs an app not a website.

Sometimes when I turn the game on to takes a while before it will catch my login, it will make a 'bonk' noises but not catch my login and display the name. It could be something with your internet signal?

#1932 2 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

MEZELmods building for the Pro with interactive lighting. [quoted image][quoted image]

Love the building, but ditch the Drake investment sign, it’s not needed and looks out of place.

#1933 2 years ago

Has anyone heard news on a topper?

#1934 2 years ago
Quoted from jcg9998:

If just so happens that this issue can be explained. In many of the Godzilla movies, there are enormous gaps in logic. Just go watch 'Godzilla vs. Megalon' and you can see an entire movie that is absent of logic.[quoted image]

Ah ha! Now that makes sense. However, I can’t just get the image of somebody grabbing a lobster with some tongs and letting it sit on the counter out of my head. Albeit a very big lobster…

#1935 2 years ago
Quoted from gamera9:

Has anyone heard news on a topper?

Prob be a long while. Mando topper still pending approval.

#1936 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Wow, Mine was built on November 1st, got mine on November 4th, so hope u get it soon.

You like it? Send pics.

#1937 2 years ago

Alright, Boys!!

I just got in on a Godzilla premium!!

After playing the magnificent Pro!!

This will be my 3rd Elwin game, and I'm pumped!

Does anyone have recommendations for must-see Godzilla movies pertaining to this game?

I would love to check them out.

Thanks

#1938 2 years ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Alright, Boys!!
Does anyone have recommendations for must-see Godzilla movies pertaining to this game?
Thanks

First one was good. Others idk a little campy for me.

#1939 2 years ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Alright, Boys!!
Thanks

Invasion of the Astro Monster
They used a lot of it for the story on the pinball

#1940 2 years ago

What's this little wire management thing behind mech Godzilla for ? Maybe just for stuck balls?

20211107_184850 (resized).jpg20211107_184850 (resized).jpg
#1941 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

What's this little wire management thing behind mech Godzilla for ? Maybe just for stuck balls?
[quoted image]

I’d say yes. Ball management

#1942 2 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Love the building, but ditch the Drake investment sign, it’s not needed and looks out of place.

I think it's a call out to Harrison Drake, the mechanical engineer at Stern who designed the building mech. I like that they have a little fun with something like that.

Same could be said for the Pinburgh carpet and TWIPY on the floors of the building. Gotta have a little fun with stuff sometimes.

#1943 2 years ago

Son of Godzilla also. Try to stay pre Godzilla 2000. The game takes place in 50s, 60s, 70s.

#1944 2 years ago

Gameplay question: Several times now during Godzilla Multiball a ball (and sometimes two balls) will be caught and held by the magnet on Mechagodzilla. I can't tell if it's awarding any jackpot for this or if there's anything significant to shoot for when this happens, or if it's just the add-a-ball happening. It's pretty cool, especially when two balls are hanging there like on the backboard of Stranger Things.

Anyone know if something is going on scoring-wise when this happens? It doesn't seem to be mentioned in the Tiltforums rule sheet.

#1945 2 years ago
Quoted from gamera9:

Invasion of the Astro Monster
They used a lot of it for the story on the pinball

Yeah that's where the Xiliens are introduced and those are the main aliens you see in the clips.

"Godzilla vs MechaGodzilla" and "Terror of Mechagodzilla" are the two to watch to find out all about Mechagodzilla. Those movies have a different set of aliens called The Simians who come from Third Planet of the Black Hole. They look humans until they are hurt and then they look like apes (planet of the apes movies was very popular at that time). I haven't seen them in any clips yet but there is a group of three of them with their cool space helmets in the top center of the LE backglass. Cheese factor is off the charts on these two movies which is why I enjoy them.

Godzilla vs Megalon introduces Jet Jaguar who is in a few clips as well. He's the good guy Godzilla sized robot that reminds me of Ultraman.

#1946 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

You like it? Send pics.

Love it. Just changed out the flippers and put some Cliffy rubber posts on it. Will take pics tomorrow. Ran of of time today as I am doing a Ghostbusters upgrade too.

Ken

#1947 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Where is it hanging in the magnet when it drops? I forgot to bring my digital level up check mine, but just did a quick game and during the magna grab video as you're waiting for it to drop, it hangs sightly to the left and at release goes straight to flipper. You could maybe try raising the right side sightly.
[quoted image]

I tilted up the right side of the pin a tiny bit and it seems to be a lot better.

I have to say this is a blast to play, got Eberus 3 spinners completed but got to excited and didn't cash out at the pop bumper.

#1948 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I tilted up the right side of the pin a tiny bit and it seems to be a lot better.
I have to say this is a blast to play, got Eberus 3 spinners completed but got to excited and didn't cash out at the pop bumper.

I agree, I get excited in certain modes and lose focus at what I should continue to be doing. The game just has so much. I find myself thinking about what shots I missed when I am not playing, and how I can improve my game play. Family is cheering, it is a different atmosphere with this game for sure.

#1949 2 years ago

I put a little rubber dot on top of the flat plastic to divert the ball drop so the don’t go STM.

It’s fairly noticeable, I had some smaller dots but couldn’t find it right at the moment, probably something smaller would do the job but it will be somewhat noticeable, maybe I can find something more clear. But it does a good job now the balls go to the left flipper.

Found this on Amazon might be less noticeable.https://www.amazon.com/Scotch-Bumpers-Pack-Clear-SP950-NA/dp/B01N922DLO/ref=sr_1_25F9BD7BED-4C96-4A58-896D-E7A719710FC6 (resized).jpegF9BD7BED-4C96-4A58-896D-E7A719710FC6 (resized).jpegA120A8F2-0FA8-47F9-A844-F635376775E8 (resized).jpegA120A8F2-0FA8-47F9-A844-F635376775E8 (resized).jpeg

#1950 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I put a little rubber dot on top of the flat plastic to divert the ball drop so the don’t go STM.
It’s fairly noticeable, I had some smaller dots but couldn’t find it. But it does a good job now the balls go to the left flipper. [quoted image][quoted image]

Are you level using the PINGUY app? Mine goes to the left.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 125.88
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ChainsawMods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Loveland, CO
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 27,320 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/39?hl=horse_cop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.