PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,393 posts in this topic. You are on page 399 of 548.
#19901 1 year ago
Quoted from Killermarmot:

Amazing Run.
Maybe dumb question but I can't figure it from your video or the rule sheet, is the annihilation bonus triggered from the same spot for each of the attacks? Like is the tank bonus in the same spot every time or is it just an additional random tank shot? Is the only difference it's blinking and not solid?

Each one is different, after Tank MB a single random tank insert will be lit for an annihilation bonus collect, once that is hit another tank insert will light until you move out of the city.

Powerline is similar one of the standups will be lit to collect and it will move to another one.

Bridge is where it gets a little different, once bridge MB is complete you need to collect a certain number of switch hits, I think around 40, that will light the captive ball/magna grab to collect the bridge annihilation bonus. That is why its good to use GZ and Mecha MBs to collect these as you just need to rip spinners and hit the captive ball as much as you can. If you have a really good bridge you annihilation bonus will be larger that regular jackpots and once you've completed multiple city actions that value is multiplied to the point it might be worth more than come GZMB super jackpots.

#19902 1 year ago

Amazing Run.
Maybe dumb question but I can't figure it from your video or the rule sheet, is the annihilation bonus triggered from the same spot for each of the attacks? Like is the tank bonus in the same spot every time or is it just an additional random tank shot? Is the only difference it's blinking and not solid?

Tank roves around. Seems random where it goes after you collect. Bridge is always collected at the magnet. Tesla roves too. Tesla and tank are always lit, bridge takes 75 switches to light I believe.

#19903 1 year ago

Hey all - I need to replace the translite on my GZ and I see that Stern uses some sort of double-sided tape to keep the trim channels in place. Anyone know what kind of tape they use? Is it even necessary? Thanks.

#19904 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Each one is different, after Tank MB a single random tank insert will be lit for an annihilation bonus collect, once that is hit another tank insert will light until you move out of the city.
Powerline is similar one of the standups will be lit to collect and it will move to another one.
Bridge is where it gets a little different, once bridge MB is complete you need to collect a certain number of switch hits, I think around 40, that will light the captive ball/magna grab to collect the bridge annihilation bonus. That is why its good to use GZ and Mecha MBs to collect these as you just need to rip spinners and hit the captive ball as much as you can. If you have a really good bridge you annihilation bonus will be larger that regular jackpots and once you've completed multiple city actions that value is multiplied to the point it might be worth more than come GZMB super jackpots.

Ok gotcha, so aside from maybe a VO callout or if I cradle and hold flipper down and cycle there's no real visual difference between a tank pickup (first ten to light multi) and then annihilation triggering pickup?

#19905 1 year ago

Ok gotcha, so aside from maybe a VO callout or if I cradle and hold flipper down and cycle there's no real visual difference between a tank pickup (first ten to light multi) and then annihilation triggering pickup?

It’s a slow pulsing insert. Instead of solid. If you’ve played that mode in that city, all that you can do until you leave that city is collect bonuses. So there’s no confusing it with the normal insert light.

#19906 1 year ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Hey all - I need to replace the translite on my GZ and I see that Stern uses some sort of double-sided tape to keep the trim channels in place. Anyone know what kind of tape they use? Is it even necessary? Thanks.

I replaced the translite glass on a JP with a Pinstein version. Bought a piece of 1/8 glass, got the plastic channels from PBL, and just assembled it without glue or tape or anything else. Looks great and didn't need any adhesive to keep it all in place! (Glass was $20, plastic set was about $10) and I stored the factory backglass for future needs.

#19907 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Does anyone offer a 3D model file of the maser cannon?
Thanks,
RussM

High end mods

#19908 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Does anyone offer a 3D model file of the maser cannon?
Thanks,
RussM

High end mods will be offering one no need to print your own

#19909 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

High end mods will be offering one no need to print your own

Mezelmods already has one for $95. I think he was wanting to print his own. There is one available on Cults3D for $2, but it's the design from the 1990s movies. IMO looks way better but it's not appropriate to the earlier Godzilla films shown in the game

#19910 1 year ago

Hi guys, im still not able to remove the action button from lockbar.

I hold the button with my hand and turn the metal nut with a channel lock and i still can’t remove it.

Anyone with pictures or video to show me how to do it. I feel stupid lol

Last part before sending to powdercoat.

#19911 1 year ago
Quoted from Paseb:

I hold the button with my hand and turn the metal nut with a channel lock and i still can’t remove it.

Try pulling down on the nut or up on the button as you turn.

#19912 1 year ago

Whenever I start Monster Zero or Terror of Mecha, the building is at the highest position when the VUK kicks the ball up. However, the ball always gets stuck at the point of entry to the building (see pic). A ball search eventually frees it. The ball is getting trapped between the side of the top ramp and the guide inside the building top floor. Has anyone else encountered this?

The building does have a little left-and-right play. I can physically tilt the building just enough to the left and that creates a large enough opening for the ball to move freely. I looked for loose screws under the playfield that might help firm up the building and, hopefully, correct the issue, but didn't find any. I'd put a washer under a screw or something like that to try and tilt the building a bit (to the left) but don't see how since the building seems to be free-standing along that long lead screw under the playfield. Any suggestions on how to tilt the building one way or the other? Or other options?

PXL_20230323_214704236 - Copy (resized).jpgPXL_20230323_214704236 - Copy (resized).jpg
#19913 1 year ago

Finally my status is upgraded to…

Billionaire

C9C1A894-66F8-4C96-B3B6-F887565D5614 (resized).jpegC9C1A894-66F8-4C96-B3B6-F887565D5614 (resized).jpeg
#19914 1 year ago

Anyone have the issue with the VUK that kicks the ball up to lock in the building? Mine has to trigger 2-3 times before the ball pops to the ramp to lock in the building.

#19915 1 year ago
Quoted from mostater:

Whenever I start Monster Zero or Terror of Mecha, the building is at the highest position when the VUK kicks the ball up. However, the ball always gets stuck at the point of entry to the building (see pic). A ball search eventually frees it. The ball is getting trapped between the side of the top ramp and the guide inside the building top floor. Has anyone else encountered this?
The building does have a little left-and-right play. I can physically tilt the building just enough to the left and that creates a large enough opening for the ball to move freely. I looked for loose screws under the playfield that might help firm up the building and, hopefully, correct the issue, but didn't find any. I'd put a washer under a screw or something like that to try and tilt the building a bit (to the left) but don't see how since the building seems to be free-standing along that long lead screw under the playfield. Any suggestions on how to tilt the building one way or the other? Or other options?
[quoted image]

Is the machine level from side to side and at proper incline?

#19916 1 year ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Anyone have the issue with the VUK that kicks the ball up to lock in the building? Mine has to trigger 2-3 times before the ball pops to the ramp to lock in the building

Yes. A good hard nudge will usually get the VUK to do its job. The issue is a gap between the VUK and the horizontal ramp. Lift up your playfield and take a look. See how it is a bit cockeyed and the gap is larger on one end than the other? The ball rests in this gap half the time. Known issue. Some people get a business card and tape it across the chasm, others use strategically places washers to alleviate some of the crookedness between the ramp and VUK. I put a couple washers under one side of the ramp. Helps a little. Wrote to Stern many months ago.... never heard a thing baxk. So, now I just give the maxhine a good solid nudge if I am locking balls in the building.

#19917 1 year ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Anyone have the issue with the VUK that kicks the ball up to lock in the building? Mine has to trigger 2-3 times before the ball pops to the ramp to lock in the building.

I was having the issue with the ball sometimes getting stuck in the gap between the small metal trough and the VUK assembly.

I put in the "business card" fix and it's been 100% ever since - no stuck balls.

The VUK still occasionally (1 in 10?) needs two tries to get it up to the top.

RM

#19918 1 year ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

Yes to both

#19919 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Yes. A good hard nudge will usually get the VUK to do its job. The issue is a gap between the VUK and the horizontal ramp. Lift up your playfield and take a look. See how it is a bit cockeyed and the gap is larger on one end than the other? The ball rests in this gap half the time. Known issue. Some people get a business card and tape it across the chasm, others use strategically places washers to alleviate some of the crookedness between the ramp and VUK. I put a couple washers under one side of the ramp. Helps a little. Wrote to Stern many months ago.... never heard a thing baxk. So, now I just give the maxhine a good solid nudge if I am locking balls in the building.

Ah, got it, thanks. Washers or business cars, I’ll check it out!

#19920 1 year ago
Quoted from Paseb:

Are the threads stripped or something? Post a pic.

#19921 1 year ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

Yes, it's level and the pitch is good. I tried playing around with the stepper height because as soon as the building begins to lower as it goes into ball search mode, the ball does release. However, adjusting the height setting also messes with the ground floor entrance not being even with the pf so that's not an option. I'll keep looking for a way to shift the building just slightly to the left. It's just not apparent.

#19922 1 year ago
Quoted from mostater:

Yes, it's level and the pitch is good. I tried playing around with the stepper height because as soon as the building begins to lower as it goes into ball search mode, the ball does release. However, adjusting the height setting also messes with the ground floor entrance not being even with the pf so that's not an option. I'll keep looking for a way to shift the building just slightly to the left. It's just not apparent.

The main connection between the building assembly and the bottom side of the playfield rides on o-rings. If I remember correctly, there are o-rings sandwiched between the building base and the playfield, with nuts on studs holding the base in place. You might try tweaking the nuts to tilt the building slightly (tighten or loosen two on one side of the playfield to make it tilt a touch) to help your situation?

#19923 1 year ago

For all of you who need more Stern accessories:

#19924 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

For all of you who need more Stern accessories:

why do we think rush got a topper before godzilla?

#19925 1 year ago
Quoted from Fsdre:

Probably part supply issues

#19926 1 year ago

So I'm noticing on my ramp wireforms that some of the joints are a little sharp. I'm wondering if this is the sort of thing I should be concerned about cutting up my balls and therefore the playfield in turn? I'm using the polaris carbons so they're also going to be not as hard as ninjas or whatever.

Anybody have any thoughts on this? Advice greatly appreciated. Many thanks!

#19927 1 year ago
Quoted from ShineSpark:

So I'm noticing on my ramp wireforms that some of the joints are a little sharp. I'm wondering if this is the sort of thing I should be concerned about cutting up my balls and therefore the playfield in turn? I'm using the polaris carbons so they're also going to be not as hard as ninjas or whatever.
Anybody have any thoughts on this? Advice greatly appreciated. Many thanks!

There’s lots of metal in the game to put small dings in your balls after a while. I wouldn’t worry about the wireforms in particular. Best thing to do is just inspect the balls every 300-500 games. If you notice scratches or dings, just replace. Balls are cheap.

#19928 1 year ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

There’s lots of metal in the game to put small dings in your balls after a while. I wouldn’t worry about the wireforms in particular. Best thing to do is just inspect the balls every 300-500 games. If you notice scratches or dings, just replace. Balls are cheap.

That's just good advice I think in general!

I'll see if I can sand off the burrs just to avoid having to replace the balls super early...

Thanks!

#19929 1 year ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Hey club, got an LE thats giving me grief. The back right wireform started catching on the armature of the building ball release. Ive moved it around to where it doesnt catch it, but then the ball path is off and the ball gets hung up at the building enteance. I want to just snip a tiny bit off the end of the wireform where it is catching, but there must be a better solution. Help?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Nobody had this issue yet?

#19930 1 year ago

Nobody had this issue yet?

Mine had this issue out of the box
Just loosen the wire form and push it out a bit
Hold it and tighten again
It worked on mine

#19931 1 year ago
Quoted from Fsdre:

I'm not a good guy to ask. All of those accessories could be 50% off and I wouldn't blink. I'm sure Stern has their reasons, but they don't share them with me.

#19932 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I'm not a good guy to ask. All of those accessories could be 50% off and I wouldn't blink. I'm sure Stern has their reasons, but they don't share them with me.

Well now I feel like an idiot - the accessory post was supposed to go on the Rush owners forum, not here. Eesh.

#19933 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Well now I feel like an idiot - the accessory post was supposed to go on the Rush owners forum, not here. Eesh

Actually, I liked the post! The Rush topper looks cool and is cheaper than Mando topper. Guessing Godzilla topper will be in the 2000 range as well.

#19934 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Actually, I liked the post! The Rush topper looks cool and is cheaper than Mando topper. Guessing Godzilla topper will be in the 2000 range as well.

That is a third of a new pin. I am seriously gonna pass in the topper and save for a new pin due to the price. Regardless how cool it looks

#19935 1 year ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Mine had this issue out of the box
Just loosen the wire form and push it out a bit
Hold it and tighten again
It worked on mine

Ive done this in a few spots and it always makes the ball hang up when it enters the building after that.

Im thinking about bending it out past

#19936 1 year ago

I went and did it. First try. Couldnt be any closer. Works fine now. Carry on.

0B12068D-BD5B-414A-B4C2-359954F8F6BD (resized).jpeg0B12068D-BD5B-414A-B4C2-359954F8F6BD (resized).jpeg8788CB1E-8097-43A0-BE9B-C411134442EF (resized).jpeg8788CB1E-8097-43A0-BE9B-C411134442EF (resized).jpeg
#19937 1 year ago
Quoted from ShineSpark:

I'm wondering if this is the sort of thing I should be concerned about cutting up my balls

What you do with your balls and your wireforms is your own personal business. Lol.

But seriously, if there are sharp pieces of the welds that could cause issues, I'd file them down, or gently carefully "crush" them down with some needle nose pliers. That way your Balls aren't in danger any longer

#19938 1 year ago

Can anyone tell me where these two black washers go. Left them off while installing armor.

20230328_205510 (resized).jpg20230328_205510 (resized).jpg
#19939 1 year ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Can anyone tell me where these two black washers go. Left them off while installing armor.
[quoted image]

Backbox hinges I do believe. Inside the cab, behind this bolt.
16800551290447046996587946408963 (resized).jpg16800551290447046996587946408963 (resized).jpg

16800552058617269238474960248020 (resized).jpg16800552058617269238474960248020 (resized).jpg
#19941 1 year ago

I went and did it. First try. Couldnt be any closer. Works fine now. Carry on.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Good to hear you're back in business.

#19942 1 year ago

I installed a fidelity speaker upgrade on my machine. with the burning city scape light mod and now the upgraded speakers the back of the speaker touches the metal box ( power supply i believe ) when the speaker panel is raised into place. has anyone ran into this and is this something to be concerned about?

#19943 1 year ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

I installed a fidelity speaker upgrade on my machine. with the burning city scape light mod and now the upgraded speakers the back of the speaker touches the metal box ( power supply i believe ) when the speaker panel is raised into place. has anyone ran into this and is this something to be concerned about?

Did You remove the small clear spacers,it may or may not help

#19944 1 year ago

Posted in wrong thread. Sorry

#19945 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Did You remove the small clear spacers,it may or may not help

yeah I did. I was thinking about sticking some electrical tape on the back part of the speaker magnet just for a little buffer.

#19946 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

I have already installed regular blades
And now caved and have Expression lights on order.
Will be removing the current blades to then install Expression Lights.
Any advice on removal ? Much appreciated

On Godzilla? Expression lights aren't compatible with Godzilla. Did you mean this to go in the Rush thread?

#19947 1 year ago

Oops. Wrong thread.

#19948 1 year ago
Quoted from hcj13:

That is a third of a new pin. I am seriously gonna pass in the topper and save for a new pin due to the price. Regardless how cool it looks

I think Stern is learning can charge that much now for toppers, b/c aftermarket sales of toppers being ridiculous like R2D2 topper or Ghostbuster toppers topping (no pun intended) more than $2000 if can find them.

It will never happen, but if we stop buying at those prices from Stern directly, maybe--with fingers crossed--help prices come back down to earth.

I usually like to have toppers, but now it is getting to be more the principle of the thing.

#19949 1 year ago
Quoted from Zeusflurry:

I think Stern is learning can charge that much now for toppers, b/c aftermarket sales of toppers being ridiculous like R2D2 topper or Ghostbuster toppers topping (no pun intended) more than $2000 if can find them.
It will never happen, but if we stop buying at those prices from Stern directly, maybe--with fingers crossed--help prices come back down to earth.
I usually like to have toppers, but now it is getting to be more the principle of the thing.

We need to walk away from the idea that our game is lacking if it has no topper.

#19950 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

We need to walk away from the idea that our game is lacking if it has no topper.

They’re already trying to make that idea into reality by adding new features with the purchase of the topper.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Chula Vista, CA
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

There are 27,393 posts in this topic. You are on page 399 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/399 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.