PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 394 of 548.
#19651 1 year ago

I’ve seen lots of talk about the destruction jackpot shot not falling onto the flipper as some would like. I also had this issue and it turned out that the Mylar under the bridge was creating a small guide that had enough effect to move the ball to the right. I just added a small piece of Mylar next to the existing piece to “bridge” the transition from the magnet. Hope this helps someone else.

DCEB1985-D16D-469C-B756-7B60CA89B8CA (resized).jpegDCEB1985-D16D-469C-B756-7B60CA89B8CA (resized).jpeg
#19652 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Can someone help me out here I feel like I’m having a brain fart. I’m testing the switches on my Godzilla and I open the coin door and in order to do the switch test. You have to push the coin interlock button in so it’ll give power to the machine so I can test the switches but when I push the interlock coin button in (as if the doors being closed,) then it does not light up to play field or anything.
I tested the same thing on my avengers in the same thing happened so I must be doing something very stupid if anyone can tell me what’s going on that would be great because I doubt both games are broken
Does somebody with great expertise understand what I’m talking about I would appreciate your input and help greatly. Thank you.
It must be something really dumb

You don’t need to worry about the interlock switch for switch test mode. The interlock switch just cuts high voltage power, not power to the switches.

#19653 1 year ago

Not the best pictures in the world, because they don't do the work justice, but just got back the side armor after Steve at MI Pinball Refinery did his magic. A very, very fine job and Steve was just a great person to deal with.

I know some don't like the gold, but, eh, it is what it is. At least it's more Ghidorah (this machine needs more Ghidorah).

My only complaint is that the two body holes for these do not align with the body holes for the originals (small screws only). Otherwise, installation was easy enough.

Thanks again Steve for the quick turnaround and the beautiful work. Happy with the upgrade.
IMG_1516 (resized).JPGIMG_1516 (resized).JPGIMG_1517 (resized).JPGIMG_1517 (resized).JPG

#19654 1 year ago

Hello everyone,

Here is our version of the spinner shield made for the MechaGodzilla.

This mod was created thanks to the design made by “@king_pin”
It is made of resin and painted by hand.

You can order here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1338-pino-pinball-mods-shop/08054-mechagodzilla-shield-spinner-mod-for-prem-le

See you soon !

Pino Pinball Mods

098CAE75-DF6E-4D85-BB39-1F7225F1C88B (resized).jpeg098CAE75-DF6E-4D85-BB39-1F7225F1C88B (resized).jpeg3D061660-AF02-432D-9814-CEC98844BF73 (resized).jpeg3D061660-AF02-432D-9814-CEC98844BF73 (resized).jpegB28E6561-100D-4C45-8F11-34548B084645 (resized).jpegB28E6561-100D-4C45-8F11-34548B084645 (resized).jpegCAD5B935-79E3-4053-83B6-5E9E2D8B3108 (resized).jpegCAD5B935-79E3-4053-83B6-5E9E2D8B3108 (resized).jpeg
#19655 1 year ago

Added the Speaker Light Kit!

0F02C2EF-EDF4-4D9D-B977-BBA4C5B8555A (resized).jpeg0F02C2EF-EDF4-4D9D-B977-BBA4C5B8555A (resized).jpeg
#19656 1 year ago
Quoted from pinopinballmods:

Hello everyone,
Here is our version of the spinner shield made for the MechaGodzilla.
This mod was created thanks to the design made by “king_pin”
It is made of resin and painted by hand.
You can order here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1338-pino-pinball-mods-shop/08054-mechagodzilla-shield-spinner-mod-for-prem-le
See you soon !
Pino Pinball Mods
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the credit on the design! Looks great. I hope many more people can enjoy this mod now! Cheers.

#19657 1 year ago

During Gameplay my Tesla Tower has broken (there was no hit with the ball).

I am dissapointed of the stability.

Was from the first run.

20230316_215400 (resized).jpg20230316_215400 (resized).jpg20230316_215537 (resized).jpg20230316_215537 (resized).jpg
#19658 1 year ago
Quoted from ChiefKC:

The color is called Fractured Green and is meant to represent the skin of Godzilla. I didn't have the powder coating done myself, the previous owner had done it. The speaker and coinbox are not done. I prefer it that way so that there isn't too much green. Also I plan to install the fire effect for the speakers so I prefer the black there.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thx, i found the color on prismatic website.

#19659 1 year ago
Quoted from moTiv8:

Was from the first run.[quoted image][quoted image]

They look great but seem to break very easily.

I was able to repair with gel cyanoacrylate superglue.

RM

#19660 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

They look great but seem to break very easily.
I was able to repair with gel cyanoacrylate superglue.
RM

This. They are little plastic things with a heavy metal ball flying around! Just glue and go. Superglue (cyanoacrylate) is best.

#19661 1 year ago
Quoted from moTiv8:

Silver ballzilla destroyed your Tesla ! Was it a tail whip?

#19662 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

I don’t remember any lube coming w the game. Maybe in the goodie bag which I didn’t fully open? I used super lube only because I find it to be good general purpose synthetic and doesn’t get all gunked up over time. And a tiny bit goes a long way. Works great on spinners too. That said I know you don’t want to lube a pin in general but I find certain targeted applications to fix specific problems have been fine.

Just double checked my goodie bag. I didn’t get any “Magna lube”. I feel like a kid who didn’t get his toy in the happy meal. Waaaaah!

#19663 1 year ago
Quoted from mjmpin:

Hey all, rules question, I cannot seem to find the specifics anywhere, I assume someone can clarify pretty quick, thanks!
What is needed to light the advance fighter inserts? My understanding is that when lit you can light a missile with inline rollover, light all 6 to start jet fighter attack. But when the insert is not lit, can't collect a missile. My red insert lights seem to randomly go on and off and the side I need never seems to be lit, etc so it isn't a clean path to get to jet fighter attack ??? what is triggering the inerts to light or not?
Also, I remain a bit confused on destruction jackpot, I ready in one description that it happens when you defeat/complete a kanji battle. but in the rules it just says "you first need to light the insert in front of the building". so how do you light that insert? on my machine it seems like destruction jackpot is happening all the time, certainly not only when a kanji is completed
thanks much!

This from the rulesheet.....Each city has four major objectives: Kaiju Battles (RAID), Tesla Strike (POWER), Bridge Attack Multiball (BRIDGE), and Tank Attack Multiball (TANKS). These objectives can only be accomplished once per city; completing any of them - or just attempting a Kaiju Battle - will light the Destruction Jackpot at the building and allow the player to change cities by shooting the scoop.

To light the jet fighter attack, I just ramp out, left and right ramps to start the jet fighter mode. It's a hurry-up mode.

#19664 1 year ago
Quoted from moTiv8:

2 out of 3 have broke on my game. I tried super glue but it just won’t stay.

#19665 1 year ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Try simple hot glue gun get the tinny small one takes small sticks any arts and craft place should have it

#19666 1 year ago
Quoted from moTiv8:

At this place you can change your Tesla power by our King Ghidorah

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1338-pino-pinball-mods-shop/07709-king-ghidorah

993C623E-BEC1-4838-A2E6-0DEAD1EAACC9 (resized).jpeg993C623E-BEC1-4838-A2E6-0DEAD1EAACC9 (resized).jpeg
#19667 1 year ago

With all this breaking tesla tower talk I'm blaming you guys for jinxing me

20230318_161953 (resized).jpg20230318_161953 (resized).jpg
#19668 1 year ago

Godzera Attack !! ( just say Godzilla real fast over and over and you’ll get it)

#19669 1 year ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

[quoted image]

Hmnn, I hate to see things broken when it comes to pins but it does look more "theme integrated" that way...if it can be propped like that it'd look cool, imho.

#19670 1 year ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

Hmnn, I hate to see things broken when it comes to pins but it does look more "theme integrated" that way...if it can be propped like that it'd look cool, imho.

It looked pretty cool when it was leaning slightly before it fell totally over.

#19671 1 year ago

It can.

I used clear zip ties
And now it hangs half broken.

Was going to replace it, but figured it works or rather “more integrated” as you said. Lol

They can be replaced, but Im not too eager to spend $100CAD for 1 tower.

Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

#19672 1 year ago

Has anyone tried the UV kit that Freddy's sells for Godzilla? Was looking for videos on the internet to see how it looked in action and came up empty. It looks more like blue LEDs than actual UV...

https://www.shop.freddys-pinball-paradise.de/index.php
img_142676b_xl (resized).jpgimg_142676b_xl (resized).jpg

img_142678b_xl (resized).jpgimg_142678b_xl (resized).jpg
#19673 1 year ago

Figured it out

#19674 1 year ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

[quoted image]

I only installed #1 and it broke yesterday. I’ve glued it back together but might try and put a piece of wire or something in it to make it look broke as it kinda looks cool that way.

#19675 1 year ago
Quoted from lockeness:

I only installed #1 and it broke yesterday. I’ve glued it back together but might try and put a piece of wire or something in it to make it look broke as it kinda looks cool that way.

Wonder if they could be brushed with resin to make them more sturdy!? I’ve been considering trying it.

#19676 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Wonder if they could be brushed with resin to make them more sturdy!? I’ve been considering trying it.

or put them on a spring so they are flexible and wobble when the shaker goes off

#19677 1 year ago
Quoted from TeaHaus:

This from the rulesheet.....Each city has four major objectives: Kaiju Battles (RAID), Tesla Strike (POWER), Bridge Attack Multiball (BRIDGE), and Tank Attack Multiball (TANKS). These objectives can only be accomplished once per city; completing any of them - or just attempting a Kaiju Battle - will light the Destruction Jackpot at the building and allow the player to change cities by shooting the scoop.
To light the jet fighter attack, I just ramp out, left and right ramps to start the jet fighter mode. It's a hurry-up mode.

Thanks! that explains the destruction jackpot, I had read that you needed to complete the battles to light, so thought it was happening too frequently.

On the jet fighters, what you stated is what I would expect and am trying to do, but... the red insert at the bottom of the inlanes needs to be lit when the ball hits the insane from the ramp - and mine are randomly (seemingly) lit and off at various times, so I can't just hit the ramp(s) 6 times to light the missiles, often I cannot get any on one side sine the insert is unlit - I am trying to understand what controls when the red insert Isi lit or off ??

thanks

#19678 1 year ago
Quoted from mjmpin:

Thanks! that explains the destruction jackpot, I had read that you needed to complete the battles to light, so thought it was happening too frequently.
On the jet fighters, what you stated is what I would expect and am trying to do, but... the red insert at the bottom of the inlanes needs to be lit when the ball hits the insane from the ramp - and mine are randomly (seemingly) lit and off at various times, so I can't just hit the ramp(s) 6 times to light the missiles, often I cannot get any on one side sine the insert is unlit - I am trying to understand what controls when the red insert Isi lit or off ??
thanks

I would maybe check the switches at the bottom of the inlanes to make sure they're making contact. Maybe try doing a switch test and see if they're working as they should. I think you have to roll over them a certain # of times to light them for jet fighter. I'll check my game later today!

#19679 1 year ago
Quoted from mjmpin:

thanks

Stock settings is 3 of each inlane starts your jet fighters for the first time. It gets harder after that.

#19680 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Stock settings is 3 of each inlane starts your jet fighters for the first time. It gets harder after that.

something then must be odd with mine, I'll do some tests today. I understand the 3 rollovers in each lane to stat jet fighters, mine is set the same. Each rollover lights a missile on the top plastic, once all 6 are lit (3 on each side) jet fighters starts.
My apparent issue is that there is a red insert in the lane and if it is not lit prior to rolling through insane, a missile will not be counted during rollover and that red insert is not always on, trying to understand what triggers that insert to be on or off. I have had times when I hit the right ramp 4 times in a row, but get no missile/count credit not hat see for jet fighters, because that red inset is not on.

thanks again!

#19681 1 year ago
Quoted from mjmpin:

something then must be odd with mine, I'll do some tests today. I understand the 3 rollovers in each lane to stat jet fighters, mine is set the same. Each rollover lights a missile on the top plastic, once all 6 are lit (3 on each side) jet fighters starts.
My apparent issue is that there is a red insert in the lane and if it is not lit prior to rolling through insane, a missile will not be counted during rollover and that red insert is not always on, trying to understand what triggers that insert to be on or off. I have had times when I hit the right ramp 4 times in a row, but get no missile/count credit not hat see for jet fighters, because that red inset is not on.
thanks again!

As chuckwurt mentioned after the first one they don’t work exactly the same,

From TiltFourms:
Start Jet Fighter Attack by collecting 6 missiles at the flashing inlanes. On subsequent attempts, the inlanes must be lit by shooting the right spinner lane, and only one inlane might be lit at a time (which toggles via slingshot hits).

#19682 1 year ago

I bought some mylar from Pinball life and I am putting it over the shooter lane to help with wear on the wood is that a good idea and do I only need to put one layer of it on or multiple layers? It’s super thin….

I would think one layer should do it?

It’s a little tricky, because I have to put it around that switch in the shooter lane to protect the wood on the edges at the way bottom as well from ball being launched ..

Thank you for your time help and input

#19683 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I bought some mylar from Pinball life and I am putting it over the shooter lane to help with wear on the wood is that a good idea and do I only need to put one layer of it on or multiple layers? It’s super thin….
It’s a little tricky, because I have to put it around that switch in the shooter lane to protect the wood on the edges at the way bottom as well from ball being launched ..

It’s a fine idea and one layer is enough. You can put one rectangle piece over the switch slot and all, then carefully cut out the Mylar covering the slot with an exacto knife/pen. Also helps to pull out the pf and/or remove the apron to get access.

#19684 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

You'll have to work very carefully to get the mylar to conform to the bottom of the shooter lane area where it has been routed lower to meet the shooter rod tip. The mylar is less flexible and may want to unstick after you've pushed it into that area with pressure. Also remember the ball only contacts the wood in the center third or so of the lane... so you won't need to take the mylar all the way to the lane edges if you don't wish to.

#19685 1 year ago

Gotcha thanks guys I’m doing it the hard way I guess individually trimming smaller pieces to put in and around shooter lane wear

Does take longer this way but I don’t mind

#19686 1 year ago
Quoted from mjmpin:

thanks again!

Okay I just checked on mine. Immediately after the 1st plunge to start the game, the Advance Jet red insert should be lit in both inlanes and three rollovers on each switch should start Jetfighter Attack. If that's not happening on yours, maybe check the menu settings. I just saw that Game Adjustment #16 is for Jet Fighter Attack Difficulty. Default is set to "Easy". Maybe your setting is changed? Might be worth checking it out.

#19687 1 year ago

Finally joining the club tomorrow after waiting since Oct. 21! Have a shooter rod from Super Skill Shot, the stainless bridge, building, and mechzilla covers, Toyko Neon sign, the Noodle bar mod is ordered, shaker motor, and cliffies ready to go. Anything else I should be thinking about for upgrades or preventive maintenance measures?

#19688 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Finally joining the club tomorrow after waiting since Oct. 21! Have a shooter rod from Super Skill Shot, the stainless bridge, building, and mechzilla covers, Toyko Neon sign, the Noodle bar mod is ordered, shaker motor, and cliffies ready to go. Anything else I should be thinking about for upgrades or preventive maintenance measures?

Check out and be familiar with the key posts at the top the game may need a few fine tweaks or dialed in which is Normal for a NIB stern.

Congratulations on getting one!

#19689 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Gotcha thanks guys I’m doing it the hard way I guess individually trimming smaller pieces to put in and around shooter lane wear
Does take longer this way but I don’t mind

No don't do that. Cut a template, then peel and cut off an inch of backing. Set it in the top, pull rest of backing off and push mylar into the groove first. Then the edges, then razor cut out the switch. 5 minute job,just did Cactus last night

#19690 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

As chuckwurt mentioned after the first one they don’t work exactly the same,
From TiltFourms:
Start Jet Fighter Attack by collecting 6 missiles at the flashing inlanes. On subsequent attempts, the inlanes must be lit by shooting the right spinner lane, and only one inlane might be lit at a time (which toggles via slingshot hits).

Thanks! Apologies to you and Chuck for my ignorance, I found that my adjustment setting was at medium for jet attack, when I set it to easy it is operating like you both described for the first instance. for the 2nd instance it is acting like mine was initially, which say I was confused.

I still would like to learn/figure out what (unless random?) affects when each inline red inset is on for 2nd, 3rd, etc fighter attacks or if your setting is medium or hard

appreciated the help!

mike

#19691 1 year ago

Anyone have the wizardmods art blades? Easy to get on and reposition as they claim?

#19692 1 year ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

How about Super Glue with baking soda sprinkled on top?

#19693 1 year ago

Hi all, the screw holding bridge plastic right above the magnet keeps on coming off. Has anyone experienced the same? Solution is to superglue? Or get the bridge mod?
Thanks!

4B282EB1-BF7A-4F07-88F5-58820017DAAA (resized).jpeg4B282EB1-BF7A-4F07-88F5-58820017DAAA (resized).jpeg
#19694 1 year ago
Quoted from mjmpin:

Thanks! Apologies to you and Chuck for my ignorance, I found that my adjustment setting was at medium for jet attack, when I set it to easy it is operating like you both described for the first instance. for the 2nd instance it is acting like mine was initially, which say I was confused.
I still would like to learn/figure out what (unless random?) affects when each inline red inset is on for 2nd, 3rd, etc fighter attacks or if your setting is medium or hard
appreciated the help!
mike

I think the insert light toggles with slingshot hits and someone earlier also mentioned that after the first wave, you have to hit the right spinner shot to light the insert as well.

#19695 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:Anyone have the wizardmods art blades? Easy to get on and reposition as they claim?

Just get the Stern ones. Original zombie yeti art instead of photoshopped from the playfield/cabinet (redundant). And they are bullet proof.

#19696 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Anyone have the wizardmods art blades? Easy to get on and reposition as they claim?

I got them for both Godzilla and Star Wars - they are excellent, easy to apply & reposition, high quality, I recommend

#19697 1 year ago
Quoted from hcj13:

Hi all, the screw holding bridge plastic right above the magnet keeps on coming off. Has anyone experienced the same? Solution is to superglue? Or get the bridge mod?
Thanks![quoted image]

Tighten it completely. If that's not enough, use a little loctite blue. You don't want to use the permanent Loctite red or superglue as it would be extremely difficult to remove the screw in the future if you wanted to.

#19698 1 year ago
Quoted from TeaHaus:

I think the insert light toggles with slingshot hits and someone earlier also mentioned that after the first wave, you have to hit the right spinner shot to light the insert as well.

Playing around with it a bit today, its not the right spinner but the rollover switch behind the pop that triggers it !

#19699 1 year ago

Another minor annoyance I was working on today - once in a while (I'm certain others have experienced) when I shoot the ball through the right spinner it bounces up and gets stuck between mecha's arm and the side wall, no releasing it until you take the glass off, ugh. I was carefully trying to bend mecha's arm in slightly, but the plastic memory tends to eventually bring it back. Putting a silicone dot on the wall doesn't help, any other suggestions or ways to keep his arm bent in a bit?

thanks!

#19700 1 year ago
Quoted from mjmpin:

Playing around with it a bit today, its not the right spinner but the rollover switch behind the pop that triggers it !

That’s the right spinner lane switch. That’s proper.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
5,980 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Island, NY
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 394 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/394 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.