PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 393 of 548.
#19601 1 year ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Interested to see what you do, I was thinking about this too. There is also a blue flame one correct? I haven’t been under the playfield yet, but wondering if I can put it on the heat ray insert when it’s activated and ready to use.

Long discussion on if the magnet should swing or not. Mine does and the weight of the ball puts it in flipper reach every time. So I guess let it swing or maybe loosen, turn it, tighten. Just an idea..

#19602 1 year ago

Well, I joined the club today. The first Stern Premium I've ever bought. I've never really cared for any Elwin pin, despite my best efforts, so I decided to get one home and see if I can get a better grasp of it. Usually I read the entire owners forum before a new pins arrives, but 19,601 posts seems...a bit much!

#19603 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

I am thinking of replacing the Red GI bulbs with Flame LEDs from Comet.
Anyone do this yet?
Any idea as to how many I need? Counted maybe 12?
RussM

I did and it’s awesome !!!!!

#19604 1 year ago

I was looking for a post where the left ramp is discussed. But found nothing helpful….
I’m surely I.m not the only one that has problems with the left ramp? Can I somehow improve it….looks like a design flaw…?
Tried narrowing the gliders nearby the magnet. Also extra power on right flipper. Still nothing like the right ramp….

#19605 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

I did and it’s awesome !!!!!

Do you remember the number of bulbs you need to do them all?

RM

#19606 1 year ago
Quoted from JvdS:

I was looking for a post where the left ramp is discussed. But found nothing helpful….
I’m surely I.m not the only one that has problems with the left ramp? Can I somehow improve it….looks like a design flaw…?
Tried narrowing the gliders nearby the magnet. Also extra power on right flipper. Still nothing like the right ramp….

It's a narrow shot gotta hit it clean. Or do you mean something else?

#19607 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

RM

Russ I only did 6 of them but you could do them all.

#19608 1 year ago

Doing some grocery shopping and might as well impulse buy this in line with others I have to match my pin collection

07B90074-594F-41B8-B5A6-DA015B883489 (resized).jpeg07B90074-594F-41B8-B5A6-DA015B883489 (resized).jpeg
#19609 1 year ago
Quoted from briyau15:

Doing some grocery shopping and might as well impulse buy this in line with others I have to match my pin collection
[quoted image]

I didn't know Godzilla was a keto fan

#19610 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I didn't know Godzilla was a keto fan

Fish and radiation are low carb, this checks out.
dexter-science4 (resized).pngdexter-science4 (resized).png

#19611 1 year ago
Quoted from JvdS:

This key post has what you need.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/170#post-6820254

If it looks like the before picture, loosen from underneath, move in and re-tighten. If it already looks like the after picture… play better

It’s (meant to be) a harder shot than the right but once you get the feel of it, it is make-able and repeatable.

#19612 1 year ago

Finally joined the club today when my premium arrived. I think this is one of the best games Stern has produced.

mandogod (resized).jpgmandogod (resized).jpg
#19613 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Not a bad idea.
I fiddle with it all, maybe try warm white in the GI as well; lots of blues and green on playfield so don't know.
Fun to experiment though
RM

Check out my posts with images in gz mod thread to get an idea on warm white

#19614 1 year ago

Could someone review how to qualify the multipliers? Thanks.

#19615 1 year ago
Quoted from troon47:

Could someone review how to qualify the multipliers? Thanks.

Information on qualifying allies is in the Tiltforum rules summary

http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-godzilla-rulesheet/7210/1#heading--allies

#19616 1 year ago
Quoted from ChiefKC:

Finally joined the club today when my premium arrived. I think this is one of the best games Stern has produced.
[quoted image]

Nice!!! I got my Godzilla Premium after my Mando Premium as well.

#19617 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Information on qualifying allies is in the Tiltforum rules summary
http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-godzilla-rulesheet/7210/1#heading--allies

I have the Tilt Forums sheet, but it's confusing...was wondering how others get them. I can usually only get to 2x.

#19618 1 year ago
Quoted from troon47:

I have the Tilt Forums sheet, but it's confusing...was wondering how others get them. I can usually only get to 2x.

If you are talking about the rodan playfield multiplier it is only 2x

#19619 1 year ago
Quoted from ChiefKC:

[quoted image]

Can you post more pictures of your powdercoat? Which green it is? Did you do the speaker too plate too?

#19620 1 year ago
Quoted from troon47:

Read the carnage/annihilation bonus section on the rules sheet.......it is a bit confusing but if you're going for the max 5x carnage bonus, I think you have to do a lot of things on just one ball.

#19621 1 year ago
Quoted from troon47:

There are many different multipliers in the game but only one playfield multiplier of 2x.

#19622 1 year ago
Quoted from troon47:

I find rule sheets can be confusing, too. Try reading the Stern version - I read the Tilt Forums and Manufacturer versions of every pin I own (if it's available). Usually where one is confusing, the other is clearer.

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/Godzilla-Rulesheet.pdf

#19623 1 year ago

I just can’t get myself to ignore the things needed to head due north with this game .I’m addicted to completing everything in a city before moving on and a normal game is probably 2 cities and I have not been to a 4th yet .Im also addicted to Saucer Attack MB which obviously is dangerous and usually only heavily pursue it until the end of ball 2 .I’m stuck playing the same game over and over right now which is still fun ,but I need to make a change .I have not seen Planet X yet and am actually debating going 5 ball until I see it once ,then revert back and carry on .I have not done that since I brought our first pin home .It was a WOZ and I’m sure you can understand why .So any thoughts on getting over that hump ? Note I’m probably a 80 on the OCD monitor

#19624 1 year ago
Quoted from troon47:

I think the confusion here is that when you qualify an ally you can collect any of the 3 that you have not already collected. Before shooting the scoop to collect the ally look at the ally inserts, whichever is blinking is the ally that will be collected when you shoot the scoop. The right flipper changes which ally is blinking. So, you can trap up on the left flipper, use the right flipper to choose the ally you want, then shoot the scoop from the left flipper without changing your selection.

#19625 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

RM

I think it's 13 bulbs. You can count them in the owners manual on Stern's website. I can see that I ordered 15 but I always get a couple extra just in case.

#19626 1 year ago
Quoted from JvdS:

Turn down your flipper power. If the ball is moving too fast it catches the right side of the ramp entrance.

#19627 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

So am I the only one that has this issue?
Thanks for the help.

You’re probably right

#19628 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I just can’t get myself to ignore the things needed to head due north with this game .I’m addicted to completing everything in a city before moving on and a normal game is probably 2 cities and I have not been to a 4th yet .Im also addicted to Saucer Attack MB which obviously is dangerous and usually only heavily pursue it until the end of ball 2 .I’m stuck playing the same game over and over right now which is still fun ,but I need to make a change .I have not seen Planet X yet and am actually debating going 5 ball until I see it once ,then revert back and carry on .I have not done that since I brought our first pin home .It was a WOZ and I’m sure you can understand why .So any thoughts on getting over that hump ? Note I’m probably a 80 on the OCD monitor

Maybe try instead to think of Tank MB, Tesla, and Train MB as gravy/side features, and try to just focus on going for the monster battles since only those are required to change cities? You'll still play several of the Tank, Tesla, and Train modes along the way since they'll trigger naturally as you make progress. It's worth doing it to get to Planet X. Saucer MB can also often happen along the way without focusing too much on it as you get deeper in the game.

#19629 1 year ago
Quoted from TeaHaus:

Read the carnage/annihilation bonus section on the rules sheet.......it is a bit confusing but if you're going for the max 5x carnage bonus, I think you have to do a lot of things on just one ball.

Correct.

You must complete each monster monitor mode (Bridge MB, Tank MB, Tesla Strike, and the Kaiju Battle) to add a 1x multiplier to the city you are in.

If you do all four modes in one city on a single ball, you get a 5x multiplier added to your carnage bonus. Remember, each monster monitor mode bonus also has a base % of your total score during that mode.

The most lucrative is Bridge MB which starts at 4%. You can increase each mode’s base score by 1% if you are able to successfully hit a destruction jackpot shot.

There’s more nuances and strategies to this for big scores but the best way to score big on a city is to try and grab all four modes if possible by spamming a couple Godzilla MBs and advancing as far as you can on Bridge MB.

#19630 1 year ago
Quoted from JvdS:I was looking for a post where the left ramp is discussed. But found nothing helpful….

The ballguide to the right of the ramp entrance can usually be pushed up tight to magna grab area. This slightly widens the ramp entrance and will make that shot super smooth. Just have to raise the PF and loose/tighten one nut.

#19631 1 year ago
Quoted from Driz1847:

Got my premium unboxed today and have a couple questions.
1. There is a post behind the upper flipper that does not have a hex screw attached. Is this normal or is something missing?

As mentioned this is just to prevent the ball from going in there, totally normal.

2. Behind Mecha Godzilla on the plastic is a black plastic wire holder with nothing attached. Why is it there?

This piece is there because the Mechagodzilla figure does move back a few millimeters, this is to prevent the figure from hitting the plastic and breaking it. With this black plastic wire holder they are using it to send that energy down a strong screw, instead of a weak plastic art piece. Totally normal.. I actually adjusted mine a bit to ensure the back fins of the mechagodizlla hit this piece perfectly.. There's a bit of play with it, or it could be loose totally missing it's purpose. Point it towards the mechagodzilla figurine.

3. Flippers seem very strong. Scoop eject is also strong. Should I decrease their power?

Flippers needs to be strong especially to hit that left most ramp that shoots the ball up.. I did however reduce the Scoop eject based on another post here.. For me it was throwing it so hard it would hit the flipper roll up the lane and into the outlane, or sometimes it would hit the dead flipper bounce hard off it it into the sling and into the outlane... it now correctly just bounces off the flipper into the other flipper on the other side; So much better.. I also reduce the trough ball feeder as it was un-necessarily too strong.

I lowered the trough eject to 160, I will keep adjusting that one down for sure. No major issues so far, the game is fast.
Edit: March 7 2023 is the build date.
Happy to finally be here.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#19632 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Maybe try instead to think of Tank MB, Tesla, and Train MB as gravy/side features, and try to just focus on going for the monster battles since only those are required to change cities? You'll still play several of the Tank, Tesla, and Train modes along the way since they'll trigger naturally as you make progress. It's worth doing it to get to Planet X. Saucer MB can also often happen along the way without focusing too much on it as you get deeper in the game.

Nicely put , I don’t know what it is about this game that I just can’t put the blinders on .If I had to guess it’s that there’s soooo many feel good shots and the side features are just as fun as the battles imo .I’ll give it a go tonight .

#19633 1 year ago

Wanted to share a DIY mod I did with my Pro. After putting in an actual Mecha figure rather than the plastic, I wanted to replicate the spotlight effect that the premium had.

I soldered a Comet spotlight to the MG insert and used it on the figure. It was cheap, easy, and I think it looks great.

F94A3BE2-A722-40CC-ADC0-E3ECD85FD424 (resized).jpegF94A3BE2-A722-40CC-ADC0-E3ECD85FD424 (resized).jpeg
#19634 1 year ago
Quoted from friscopinball:

Correct.
You must complete each monster monitor mode (Bridge MB, Tank MB, Tesla Strike, and the Kaiju Battle) to add a 1x multiplier to the city you are in.
If you do all four modes in one city, you get a 5x multiplier added to your carnage bonus. Remember, each monster monitor mode bonus also has a base % of your total score during that mode.
The most lucrative is Bridge MB which starts at 4%. You can increase each mode’s base score by 1% if you are able to successfully hit a destruction jackpot shot.
There’s more nuances and strategies to this for big scores but the best way to score big on a city is to try and grab all four modes if possible by spamming a couple Godzilla MBs and advancing as far as you can on Bridge MB.

Small correction on this... the 5x multiplier added to your carnage bonus is only if you complete all city modes on a single ball. Otherwise, if you complete all 4 in a single city, but not on a single ball, you will get a 2x multiplier added to your carnage bonus.

#19635 1 year ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Long discussion on if the magnet should swing or not. Mine does and the weight of the ball puts it in flipper reach every time. So I guess let it swing or maybe loosen, turn it, tighten. Just an idea..

Whether the magnet is screwed tight (as it should be) or loose so it can rotate, the ball will always swing around.

#19636 1 year ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Whether the magnet is screwed tight (as it should be) or loose so it can rotate, the ball will always swing around.

Wonder why some people have a drop from the target too far from the flipper then.

#19637 1 year ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Quoted from glpinball:

Wonder why some people have a drop from the target too far from the flipper then.

My magnet is tight and doesn't rotate and it drops the ball fine...

I would check playfield level if it's not dropping correctly.

#19638 1 year ago
Quoted from ChiefKC:

Finally joined t the club today when my premium arrived. I think this is one of the best games Stern has produced.
[quoted image]

My Godzilla is also on the right of Mandelorian.

#19639 1 year ago
Quoted from gamera9:

My Godzilla is also on the right of Mandelorian.

And my Godzilla is on the right of Mandalorian

#19640 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:

And my Godzilla is on the right of Mandalorian

And mine is on the left!

82BAAC7C-9E78-4214-A36C-9A7D125E5B21 (resized).jpeg82BAAC7C-9E78-4214-A36C-9A7D125E5B21 (resized).jpeg
#19641 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

And mine is on the left!
[quoted image]

Mine is next to a wall

#19642 1 year ago

After non-stop playing my new Zilla Premium for ~2 weeks all the hype reading on here and playing is more than confirmed, absolutely in love with this game, making to the tier 2 battles and interesting mid game modes is so exciting and different, so happy with this machine it's crazy. Upside that it compliments JP so well too, such different moods and style of play but with all the House ball side drains lol.
Now to get this shaker motor installed!

334239338_207974105155300_7947797750793024884_n (resized).jpg334239338_207974105155300_7947797750793024884_n (resized).jpg
#19643 1 year ago
Quoted from Killermarmot:

After non-stop playing my new Zilla Premium for ~2 weeks all the hype reading on here and playing is more than confirmed, absolutely in love with this game, making to the tier 2 battles and interesting mid game modes is so exciting and different, so happy with this machine it's crazy. Upside that it compliments JP so well too, such different moods and style of play but with all the House ball side drains lol.
Now to get this shaker motor installed!
[quoted image]

Complementing existing games has always been a goal for me. I have ended up with three 'very different' and I think complementary machines: JP (2021), Gotg(2022) and GZ (in transit). I have cycled in lots of other titles for the past 4 years or so, but now settling into these three very different styles of entertainment.

#19644 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

My magnet is tight and doesn't rotate and it drops the ball fine...
I would check playfield level if it's not dropping correctly.

Same with mine. I think some of of the confusion comes from people discussing the magnet rotating vs the ball swinging/rotating around the magnet.

#19645 1 year ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Complementing existing games has always been a goal for me. I have ended up with three 'very different' and I think complementary machines: JP (2021), Gotg(2022) and GZ (in transit). I have cycled in lots of other titles for the past 4 years or so, but now settling into these three very different styles of entertainment.

I definitely lucked into how complimentary they are, Zilla is just my 3rd pin.

Yeah, Gotg was definitely tempting, love the play and set pieces but only have room for 2 and theme and how tight the theme is to the modes pushed Zilla over the top for me. I had a Tron here before Zilla and loved its fast, looping, play. I think Medieval Madness is, at last for now, the only thing I'd really love to add alongside these two (if I had room).

#19646 1 year ago

Can someone help me out here I feel like I’m having a brain fart. I’m testing the switches on my Godzilla and I open the coin door and in order to do the switch test. You have to push the coin interlock button in so it’ll give power to the machine so I can test the switches but when I push the interlock coin button in (as if the doors being closed,) then it does not light up to play field or anything.

I tested the same thing on my avengers in the same thing happened so I must be doing something very stupid if anyone can tell me what’s going on that would be great because I doubt both games are broken

Does somebody with great expertise understand what I’m talking about I would appreciate your input and help greatly. Thank you.

It must be something really dumb

#19647 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Can someone help me out here I feel like I’m having a brain fart. I’m testing the switches on my Godzilla and I open the coin door and in order to do the switch test. You have to push the coin interlock button in so it’ll give power to the machine so I can test the switches but when I push the interlock coin button in (as if the doors being closed,) then it does not light up to play field or anything.
I tested the same thing on my avengers in the same thing happened so I must be doing something very stupid if anyone can tell me what’s going on that would be great because I doubt both games are broken
Does somebody with great expertise understand what I’m talking about I would appreciate your input and help greatly. Thank you.
It must be something really dumb

Pull the interlock button OUT and you should be able to do what you want, if I’m understanding your question correctly.

#19648 1 year ago

Hey all, rules question, I cannot seem to find the specifics anywhere, I assume someone can clarify pretty quick, thanks!

What is needed to light the advance fighter inserts? My understanding is that when lit you can light a missile with inline rollover, light all 6 to start jet fighter attack. But when the insert is not lit, can't collect a missile. My red insert lights seem to randomly go on and off and the side I need never seems to be lit, etc so it isn't a clean path to get to jet fighter attack ??? what is triggering the inerts to light or not?

Also, I remain a bit confused on destruction jackpot, I ready in one description that it happens when you defeat/complete a kanji battle. but in the rules it just says "you first need to light the insert in front of the building". so how do you light that insert? on my machine it seems like destruction jackpot is happening all the time, certainly not only when a kanji is completed

thanks much!

#19649 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Pull the interlock button OUT and you should be able to do what you want, if I’m understanding your question correctly.

Thank you so much I was a dumbass and was pushing it the wrong way and didn’t even realize it lol thank you I feel so embarrassed

#19650 1 year ago
Quoted from Paseb:

Can you post more pictures of your powdercoat? Which green it is? Did you do the speaker too plate too?

The color is called Fractured Green and is meant to represent the skin of Godzilla. I didn't have the powder coating done myself, the previous owner had done it. The speaker and coinbox are not done. I prefer it that way so that there isn't too much green. Also I plan to install the fire effect for the speakers so I prefer the black there.

greenpc1 (resized).jpggreenpc1 (resized).jpggreenpc2 (resized).jpggreenpc2 (resized).jpggreenpc3 (resized).jpggreenpc3 (resized).jpggreenpc4 (resized).jpggreenpc4 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Myers, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 393 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/393?hl=troon47 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.