PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 548.
#1851 2 years ago

Lit Kit Flippers for Godzilla.

If someone may be interested in a kit for their Godzilla machine, please message me. A green as shown in this photo may work well.

http://www.ArcadeMade.com
E43F18E7-4656-4F59-BE53-B3909A89B063 (resized).jpegE43F18E7-4656-4F59-BE53-B3909A89B063 (resized).jpeg

#1852 2 years ago

LE #580 in the house! Tim from Pixels and Pinball was kind enough to deliver and set it up! Naturally I insisted he joins the inaugural game!

1394D746-FDD0-42FA-AACE-41A5277E478E (resized).jpeg1394D746-FDD0-42FA-AACE-41A5277E478E (resized).jpeg
#1853 2 years ago

Just played Godzilla Pro at Pins Mechanical Company in Cincinnati while I'm waiting on my Premium...

First off, what an amazing place. Wish we had something like this in Houston close by. Multi levels, amazing pins, very good quality and all seemed to be furnished by Tilt amusements.

Anyways, threw up. GC... Not much compared to some of you out there, but what a blast...

20211106_142629 (resized).jpg20211106_142629 (resized).jpg20211106_142653 (resized).jpg20211106_142653 (resized).jpg20211106_180700 (resized).jpg20211106_180700 (resized).jpg20211106_183651 (resized).jpg20211106_183651 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211106-183808_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211106-183808_Chrome (resized).jpg

20211106_142613 (resized).jpg20211106_142613 (resized).jpg

#1854 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Post sleeves - 1/2 inch: are for the older DE games as noted in the parentheses.
Posts sleeves - Stern slim tapered: never used these but post sleeves get chewed up like crazy from bricked shots, I would not recommend these unless you want to change sleeves every 50 games.
Post sleeves standard: these are what I use on all of my machines. They are great and last quite a long time and won’t leave black poop all over your machine.
Not sure why people are saying not to change out the rubbers on your machine. It’s one of the first things I do and really isn’t that hard to do. Just take lots of pictures and do one section at a time. It’s also a good time to clean your machine with Novus too. Might as well install cliffys which I highly recommend to protect your Playfield while you have the game torn down.

You want the thin Stern tapered, they are thinner at the base/fatter at the top and thus cut down on airballs, as the angle of the sleeve in effect pushes the ball back toward the Playfield. I believe the factory sleeves are all tapered now, so you're making the game more prone to airballs with the older standard sleeves... Bad idea.

#1855 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Just played Godzilla Pro at Pins Mechanical Company in Cincinnati while I'm waiting on my Premium...
First off, what an amazing place. Wish we had something like this in Houston close by. Multi levels, amazing pins, very good quality and all seemed to be furnished by Tilt amusements.
Anyways, threw up. GC... Not much compared to some of you out there, but what a blast...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Awesome! Pin community in Ohio is pretty prevalent. I still love to travel to areas in the country with a high volume of pinheads

#1856 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Awesome! Pin community in Ohio is pretty prevalent. I still love to travel to areas in the country with a high volume of pinheads
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"02302ce100f907681c9555d9be862136b67184f6-1636241466-1800"};
//]]>

Yeah I'm from Michigan originally lived in Ohio for about five years in Cleveland but that was before I got into pinball... Pretty nice scene they got going here it's awesome... I'm jealous

#1857 2 years ago

Finally got a chance to play and two things...

1) Technician alert for Switch #64 - VUK Exit Opto

2) The building does not go up or down

But it certainly looks beautiful...

#1858 2 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

You want the thin Stern tapered, they are thinner at the base/fatter at the top and thus cut down on airballs, as the angle of the sleeve in effect pushes the ball back toward the Playfield. I believe the factory sleeves are all tapered now, so you're making the game more prone to airballs with the older standard sleeves... Bad idea.

I can speak from the experience of 50 guys in our local league that standard sleeves are the way to go. But pick whichever one lets you sleep at night.

In the end, Titans are a huge upgrade to the black ones that leave poo marks all over your machine.

#1859 2 years ago

2 questions.

#1 how strong should the upper flipper be? I know people talked about this earlier but is there a consensus? Should we be able to hit the ramp with it easily?

#2 How does Ebirah battle Godzilla in Paris? I mean, it’s a giant lobster right? Does somebody fly it in? Does it swim up the Sené?

#1860 2 years ago
Quoted from Ajoelson579:

2 questions.
#1 how strong should the upper flipper be? I know people talked about this earlier but is there a consensus? Should we be able to hit the ramp with it easily?
#2 How does Ebirah battle Godzilla in Paris? I mean, it’s a giant lobster right? Does somebody fly it in? Does it swim up the Sené?

Thank you for the good laugh....

#1861 2 years ago

When shooting the ball does it ever fly up and hit the metal godzilla on the side rather than stay down ? How do you correct this ?

#1862 2 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

When shooting the ball does it ever fly up and hit the metal godzilla on the side rather than stay down ? How do you correct this ?

We were whacking balls off mechagodzilla’s face last night. They were ending up on the habitrails, it was cracking me up.

#1863 2 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

We were whacking balls off mechagodzilla’s face last night. They were ending up on the habitrails, it was cracking me up.

Is it intentional though? Seems it’s shouldn’t fly there but does.

#1864 2 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Is it intentional though? Seems it’s shouldn’t fly there but does.

Yeah but it’s a jump ramp sending the ball against a rounded surface, so it’s probably going to fly different directions sometimes.

This purely a guess here, but I’d guess they maybe didn’t design it intentionally that way but maybe since it’s a fighting game they thought it fit with the action and left it that way. Again, purely speculation.

#1865 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Not sure why people are saying not to change out the rubbers on your machine. It’s one of the first things I do and really isn’t that hard to do. Just take lots of pictures and do one section at a time. It’s also a good time to clean your machine with Novus too. Might as well install cliffys which I highly recommend to protect your Playfield while you have the game torn down.

Looking at GZ more closely just now, yeah, piece of cake to change out the rubber on this. Often it's not that easy. It's not difficult, just time consuming. TSPP, PotC, WoZ, and some others I've done were 3-4 hr. projects.

I just threw some green Titans on the lower flippers. Was gonna go red but green is perfect, it meshes with the Godzilla drawing above the flippers.

#1866 2 years ago

wrong thread

#1867 2 years ago

I joined the club today with an LE!
Best game I've ever played! Although, I noticed something that occurred a couple of times. The sound completely cut out and then the game played for another 15 seconds. Then the machine reset right in the middle of the ball. Does this sound like a code issue or something else?

#1868 2 years ago

Added some speaker lights to my LE, look awesome.

365DB61C-06BA-4CCA-A1E0-211B506F6853 (resized).jpeg365DB61C-06BA-4CCA-A1E0-211B506F6853 (resized).jpeg47F05A6A-3297-491E-95AC-D7249FB785A7 (resized).jpeg47F05A6A-3297-491E-95AC-D7249FB785A7 (resized).jpeg
#1869 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

Added some speaker lights to my LE, look awesome.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I have the same on mine i.e. your second picture I think looks the best. Ignore the code update failed message I got it to work plus I think the picture is off a bit maybe too close of a shot.
8AE30A18-F0FA-465A-A6B3-7BD70D073966 (resized).jpeg8AE30A18-F0FA-465A-A6B3-7BD70D073966 (resized).jpeg

#1870 2 years ago

Set my VUK to 150 and now balls are loading on the roof very cleanly, no more rattles and re-tries.

Also finally had myself a nice game of nearly 700m just now. Starting to learn the angles.

Quoted from Looprunner:

Best game I've ever played! Although, I noticed something that occurred a couple of times. The sound completely cut out and then the game played for another 15 seconds. Then the machine reset right in the middle of the ball. Does this sound like a code issue or something else?

Hm. Not sure it's a code issue or there'd likely be a number of people in here reporting it. Are you on .80? That could be any number of things. Maybe PinMonk has some suggestions but you should probably contact Stern or your distributor on Monday. You have a lot of pins already so I assume your house power is fine.

#1871 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

I have the same on mine i.e. your second picture I think looks the best. Ignore the code update failed message I got it to work plus I think the picture is off a bit maybe too close of a shot.
[quoted image]

Ya that’s how I left it, on the second pic….what’s that artwork you’ve got on the speaker panel?

#1872 2 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

That hasn't happened to me, but it sounds like a bug. Try to pay attention to what led up to it happening and send the as many details leading up to the sound cut and then reset to [email protected] or [email protected] to help them track it down and fix it.

#1873 2 years ago

I'm getting loads of shots up the right ramp, that roll back down and SDTM.

Most come from the upper flipper missing the loop and going up the ramp, but also some of the fly shots that just don't have enough juice end up rolling back down and draining.

Is this the design of the game, or is mine off?

#1874 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Most come from the upper flipper missing the loop and going up the ramp, but also some of the fly shots that just don't have enough juice end up rolling back down and draining.

On mine, a partial right ramp is extremely likely to SDTM. If the ball makes it most of the way up, it’s usually a much more forgiving outcome.

#1875 2 years ago
Quoted from Ajoelson579:

2 questions.

Ebirah can go on land. The original promotional photo's from 'Ebirah, Horror of the Deep' show it battling Godzilla on land. However, Ebirah ends up battling Godzilla only in the water in both of their battles in the movie. Ebirah, looking a bit different, shows up again in 'Godzilla: Final Wars' in the Millennium era of Godzilla (1999-2004) and battles mutant humans and Godzilla on land in Tokyo (photo below). Ebirah also battles on land in the comics.

Ebirah was actually intended to be a giant shrimp but ended up being a hybrid of a shrimp and a lobster. Godzilla was substituted for King Kong in 'Ebirah, Horror of the Deep' (AKA Godzilla vs. The Sea Monster) when the original co-production deal fell through. The island setting with island girl (Kong's love interest!), island natives, Giant Condor in the movie are all reminiscent of the King Kong original. In addition, Godzilla is woken up with electricity, a power up for the Toho version of King Kong. Ebirah, along with the Giant Condor, would be Godzilla's easiest foes to defeat in the Showa era (except for Kamacuras) as they were not intended to be opponents for him and they have no abilities which enable them to hurt Godzilla.

Ebirah_kaiju (resized).pngEbirah_kaiju (resized).png
#1876 2 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

The sound completely cut out and then the game played for another 15 seconds. Then the machine reset right in the middle of the ball. Does this sound like a code issue or something else?

I had a reset a couple nights ago as well. The screen froze, power to the flippers went away, and then the system restarted.

#1877 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

I had a reset a couple nights ago as well. The screen froze, power to the flippers went away, and then the system restarted.

Secret Applause Jackpot homage?

#1878 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Unfortunately it was late and there was alcohol involved, so the exact details are sketchy… though a friend was having a good ball (and beating me fairly solidly) when it happened so you may be on to something there.

#1879 2 years ago

Guys,

quick q - on the right side of the back box where the Stern Insider plaque is - how hard does it look to remove that? is it just a decal/sticker? it looks awful.

Neil.

#1880 2 years ago

First Godzilla Pinball, the Pro model, Keith Elwin signed, is in Spain.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CV8u0PqIxx0/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

#1881 2 years ago
Quoted from Galvez1978:

First Godzilla Pinball, the Pro model, Keith Elwin signed, is in Spain.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CV8u0PqIxx0/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Congrats, very cool!!!

Godzilla Pro “special edition”

#1882 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That made me laugh. Yes, mine appeared to be a similar situation. I had a really good ball going. I'll have to pay attention when it happens again. Thanks everyone!

#1883 2 years ago

Absolutely amazing game!

PXL_20211106_221920624 (resized).jpgPXL_20211106_221920624 (resized).jpg
#1884 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Same thing on mine - you better make that loop or Tail Whip shot - cuz if you accidentally make that right ramp from the upper flipper and it rolls back down, you’re F’d.

#1885 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Same thing on mine - you better make that loop or Tail Whip shot - cuz if you accidentally make that right ramp from the upper flipper and it rolls back down, you’re F’d.

Me as well… and unfortunately, I half-ramp from the upper flipper frustratingly often right now.

#1886 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Me as well… and unfortunately, I half-ramp from the upper flipper frustratingly often right now.

Shooting the ramp from the upper flipper simply isn’t a safe shot and shouldn’t be attempted.

#1887 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Shooting the ramp from the upper flipper simply isn’t a safe shot and shouldn’t be attempted.

Oh, I never said that was the shot I was trying to hit… I am just shooting for loops and I suck.

#1888 2 years ago
Quoted from jcg9998:

Ebirah can go on land. The original promotional photo's from 'Ebirah, Horror of the Deep' show it battling Godzilla on land. However, Ebirah ends up battling Godzilla only in the water in both of their battles in the movie. Ebirah, looking a bit different, shows up again in 'Godzilla: Final Wars' in the Millennium era of Godzilla (1999-2004) and battles mutant humans and Godzilla on land in Tokyo (photo below). Ebirah also battles on land in the comics.
Ebirah was actually intended to be a giant shrimp but ended up being a hybrid of a shrimp and a lobster. Godzilla was substituted for King Kong in 'Ebirah, Horror of the Deep' (AKA Godzilla vs. The Sea Monster) when the original co-production deal fell through. The island setting with island girl (Kong's love interest!), island natives, Giant Condor in the movie are all reminiscent of the King Kong original. In addition, Godzilla is woken up with electricity, a power up for the Toho version of King Kong. Ebirah, along with the Giant Condor, would be Godzilla's easiest foes to defeat in the Showa era (except for Kamacuras) as they were not intended to be opponents for him and they have no abilities which enable them to hurt Godzilla.[quoted image]

I get that I can go on land. It’s just a long way for a lobster/shrimp to walk. The other cities just make a lot more sense.

#1889 2 years ago

Crap, I ordered my Premium 4 days after they were released from Tilt, and was told yesterday we will be lucky to get 2nd run in March, may have to wait til Nov 2022.

#1890 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:Buddy gave me his test paint run with the colors he had on hand. We went with a more "natural" skin/scale color (that was also the shade of base color he had available). I might try to get him a brighter color green and see how that turns out. Watcha guys think?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This looks really good!

#1891 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Guys,
quick q - on the right side of the back box where the Stern Insider plaque is - how hard does it look to remove that? is it just a decal/sticker? it looks awful.
Neil.

It’s just a thick vinyl decal and it comes right off.

#1892 2 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

Crap, I ordered my Premium 4 days after they were released from Tilt, and was told yesterday we will be lucky to get 2nd run in March, may have to wait til Nov 2022.

Does anyone know whats on the line currently? Are they already done with the 1st group of premiums? I had expected to be in that first run but havent heard anything yet

#1893 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

exactly it’s a sucker shot not intended to be hit from the upper flipper…..it looks like it gives you AIQ vibes until you try to smack it up there and get the sdtm drain.

#1894 2 years ago

Those speaker lights are straight fire.

#1895 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Does anyone know whats on the line currently? Are they already done with the 1st group of premiums? I had expected to be in that first run but havent heard anything yet

I believe Godzilla prem and then Elvira 40th end of month.

#1896 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

lets hope. I was supposed to get the first run of mando premium and im still waiting....Would hate to have that happen again on godzilla!

#1897 2 years ago

Just had mine freeze and restart during bridge Mb. Screen was on the “New York” city scape image then froze and restarted. Of course I was having my best game yet….

#1898 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

Just had mine freeze and restart during bridge Mb. Screen was on the “New York” city scape image then froze and restarted. Of course I was having my best game yet….

pinball gods conspiring against you

#1899 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Somebody around here said they already got their Elvira 40th the other day.

#1900 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Somebody around here said they already got their Elvira 40th the other day.

I wouldnt pay the price they are asking but that game really does look nice....Hopefully someone wants to trade me their regular premium EHOH now

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Myers, FL
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

9,000 (OBO)
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dixon, IL
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Island, NY
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/38?hl=jamwin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.